PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I really like the look of the game in those clips, could do with slowing down and obviously keepers are dreadful, but think once its smoothed over we will have a great flowing game on our hands.

I dont have a proper word to describe it, but turning (i think they play with R1/RB 100% of time, and thats the problem) isn't right, looks like the players are skating or something, very weird imo

Just call it skating. It's seems to have the same fluidity as FIFA does now. A concern could be that it did look a bit too fifa like in terms of fluidity. Players too over responsive? I did enjoy the elephant touches here and there but they did overall just turn too quickly for me

That's why i thought some saying it's robotic is absolutely ridiculous!

We NEED REALISTIC STAMINA ASAP.I get depressed watching that kind of play. It is as brainless and stupid as fifa. I know, games are a product, but if anyone could really change something, is Konami. Discourage the spammers, the sprinthores, or give us the realistic tools to punish this kind of gamer. It reminds me of Call of duty. Started balanced with Cod 2, became the stylish tacticless youtubed based fragfest shit most of us know. Offline PES for us the purists this year, i bet.

What i never understand is that youtube skill monkeys for FIFA just make the game look like a complete joke. Don't the people who watch them get bored?

Now please look at Torres' pass and tell me that's right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSkKMM7zM0s#t=2m53s

The animation was that god forsaken toe poke, good thing is the pass when horribly wrong :))

Last edited:
@LTFC
Yeah I can just see how adding that into the mix would make the whole thing intuitive :P Like "Now let's see, I pass the ball to my playmaker, now I have the option to move this other guy at the same time, sweet, I will just take him over here... wait my opponent has already won the ball and scored."

Ever heard of training mode?

Anyone really worried about the accuracy of the passing needs to watch the new england spain match. The players have obviously made it more manual and their passes are going everywhere.

Anyway, if this is E3 code, I think the game is going to be quite good.
As we saw in yesterday official videos, the shooting seems to be fixed in the newest code.
My only fear is that the Konami will sacrifice the so called fluidity for inertia and momentum, in other words, it will take FIFA's path.
Another thing to worry would be the keepers and the unnatural passes that occur sometimes.
EDIT: mr_man, good point.

Last edited:
Just call it skating. It's seems to have the same fluidity as FIFA does now. A concern could be that it did look a bit too fifa like in terms of fluidity. Players too over responsive? I did enjoy the elephant touches here and there but they did overall just turn too quickly for me

That's why i thought some saying it's robotic is absolutely ridiculous!

What i never understand is that youtube skill monkeys for FIFA just make the game look like a complete joke. Don't the people who watch them get bored?

The animation was that god forsaken toe poke, good thing is the pass when horribly wrong :))

Honest to god I'm gonna blow a gasket if the outside-of-the-right foot passing animation makes the ball take a left turn. Screw the fluidity, not seeing animations and ball movement synchronize is a real eye scorcher.

We NEED REALISTIC STAMINA ASAP.I get depressed watching that kind of play. It is as brainless and stupid as fifa. I know, games are a product, but if anyone could really change something, is Konami. Discourage the spammers, the sprinthores, or give us the realistic tools to punish this kind of gamer. It reminds me of Call of duty. Started balanced with Cod 2, became the stylish tacticless youtubed based fragfest shit most of us know. Offline PES for us the purists this year, i bet.

All games that have 5 minutes or 10 minutes half will always be brainless and stupid.

PES MUST BE PLAYED IN 15 OR 20 MINUTES TO BE REALISTIC.

Everyone that tries to play on top player a 20 minutes match won´t see that problems of "sprinthorses" and "ping-pong passes".

One of the reasons why online will never be good, is because the majority of people simply don´t have the patience to play a 15 or 20 minutes game.

My only fear is that the Konami will sacrifice the so called fluidity for inertia and momentum, in other words, it will take FIFA's path.

The video i saw did ease my fears somewhat since there where still solid movements in there and inertia. But yes, i like you pray to god we don't have FIFA 09 mark II.

Good grief those people playing in those videos are terrible. LMAO they sprintng all the time and absolutely zero build up, LOL at the setting pressure to 16 as soon as they get a chance. They should be shot for making this game look so arcadey.

On a brighter note I like the fluidity and animations at this early stage it looks pretty. They ball also reacts on the turf with some cyrve and bobbles. The shots also seem toned down and dont fly off the boot. I reckon that shooting needs to be put into the right hands to see the beauty of it. You press shoot when your body position is correct not when you want to.

All games that have 5 minutes or 10 minutes half will always be brainless and stupid.

Everyone that tries to play on top player a 20 minutes match won´t see that problems of "sprinthorses" and "ping-pong passes".

One of the reasons why online will never be good, is because the majority of people simply don´t have the patience to play a 15 or 20 minutes game.

www.proevoeliteleagues.co.uk

Last edited:
I think people worrying about the speed of the game need not worry. I remember PES videos this time a year ago and the game must have been anywhere from 0 to +2 because I remember recoiling at seeing Messi dribble around like he was on the Benny Hill show.

I reckon these vids are on speed 0 at the very least, which is surely around this pace anyways, especially if you choose to play the game like it's basketball.

25? 30 Minutes? :SMUG:

Anyway, you know i agree that 10 minutes is never, even going to be a deep simulation of football. It'll will have a few nice elements and at the most will be enjoyable but there's simply not enough time! That's why the overall speed and the way the two where playing in the video dosen't bother me one bit. These guys are used to playing short quick games without needed to put much though into the matches.

Look at this team goal from Barca:
YouTube - Almeria VS FC Barcelona 0-2 bojan gol 37 passes (15/03/09)

That goal took just under two minutes to score. Now in a 10 minute game with 5 minutes each half that's what? 7-8 minutes game time gone?

Also thinking about it. I just can't see stamina being replicated well on 10 minute games. I mean, after you've sprinted with a guy on 10 occasions in a game he's knackered? I'm not saying 10 minute games shouldn't have stamina, it certainly should but i can't see it pleasing everyone.

15-20 minutes provides enough time to have a proper game and also isn't too long you can't go through 6-7 games a session.

25 minutes or longer is again more realistic but your only going to get 1-2 games a session and it's really quite unpractical for master League :LOL:

Another one from that channel:
YouTube - PES 2012 GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE (E3 CODE) England v Spain (1st Half) WESG EXCLUSIVE!!

This match is completely different from the rest, different teams, different players, different playing styles, different pace. Although sometimes the guys playing it still mess up a bit (normal 'cause the game is new to them), it's a world away from those other two playing Barça vs AC.

Also it's noticeable that less agile players take their time to react, just like last year.

Another one from that channel:
YouTube - PES 2012 GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE (E3 CODE) England v Spain (1st Half) WESG EXCLUSIVE!!

This match is completely different from the rest, different teams, different players, different playing styles, different pace. Although sometimes the guys playing it still mess up a bit (normal 'cause the game is new to them), it's a world away from those other two playing Barça vs AC.

Also it's noticeable that less agile players take their time to react, just like last year.

good to see the national teams updated player wise

Anyone with a sharp eye notice if the jogging animation no longer makes the players foot travel through the ball?

The wonders of getting a digital copy. Worth the money IMO. Specially if you live in America like me. Won't have to see Ronaldo's ugly mug on the daily.

The keeper in that A.C. Milan vs Barcelona Video (1st Half) @ 8.45 was TERRIBLE. He was glued to his spot, turning to have a casual look at the two attackers going for the ball - NOT EVEN WALKING OVER, OR DIVING...! (and of course the far attacker finishes it off after the desperate slide tacle from the defender).

Seriously - I see better goalkeeping in my Saturday League...!

Ladies and Gentleman, that is why we should not watch early build videos. AC Milan vs Barcelona showed how bad the keepers were in the E3 code. I hope that the keepers are going to be way better at GC and really good at launch, because the gameplay looks ace and if the keepers are bad, then it will be a shame... such a big shame...

The video bewteen ENgldn and Spain is MUCH better. Good pace! It looks way more realistic than the others.

The guy with Spain is terrible (the one with england is not good either, but he's not that bad). It's really excitng to know how the game punish noobs like the guy with Spain who has only one direction to pass: forward lol. This is thanks to the Ai position, intelligent recover and interceptions, much improved defensively!

He (spain) was also punished by pressuring like a noob and taking his players out of position. He conceeded a goal because of his own fault. That's nice!!

Last edited:
We need someone to translate this: http://www.konami.jp/we/2012/ Everything is on image form so not translatable with google translate.

There's something else on the bottom of the page though. And I think that cover image is one of those decipherable ones.

From what I can read and understand, they've newly opened their Facebook and Twitter accounts and advertising them. Under the twitter bit, I think it says guess who's on the package and you get a present, and you do that through their twitter account between 21st July and 5th August.

EDIT: Want to add that there's a hint on there as well, but it doesn't tell much. Just says he's someone currently active on the world stage.

Last edited:
I don't consider myself as a PES master or anything remotely close but I don't understand the way certain people play the game.It's constant attacking, constant running down on the wing, constant crossing.
They do not even to advantage of all the different tools the game gives us

Nah mate wasnt me trust me i dont play like that...

Sorry, I think I mixed up the boards, it was probably posted on WENB. Think it was the guy who put up the first videos.

Watching these clips it starts to look more like FIFA in movement, which isn't all good. It's nice with smoother animations, but to me there is not much sense of acceleration and momentum/inertia. They go from standing still to high speed extremely quickly, just like in FIFA. Also a lot of quick turns now that looks like they have no momentum in them at all, kind of like Messi in 2011, but for every player. But it might be because of the video frame rates, or that it has already been adjusted in later builds. Hopefully Lami can say something about this too later on.

I havent actually watched any of these videos, neither do I intend to, or have any desire to. I think the bottom-line is, for me personally, I cant deduce anything from video's captured like this, with idiots who have no clue how to play football.

The proof will always be in the pudding that I sample. I'm looking forward to Lami's preview, but apart from that, what happens between now and release will be quite substantial, so for that reason, I just cant get hyped over these type of videos right now.

I havent actually watched any of these videos, neither do I intend to, or have any desire to. I think the bottom-line is, for me personally, I cant deduce anything from video's captured like this, with idiots who have no clue how to play football.

The proof will always be in the pudding that I sample. I'm looking forward to Lami's preview, but apart from that, what happens between now and release will be quite substantial, so for that reason, I just cant get hyped over these type of videos right now.

I completely agree with that.
It's astnonishing how most people in here tend to over-analyze all the available information, even screenshots are analyzed.

I don't mind people pointing out the concerns they have even on early code. If Konami are aware of a particular concern they might have already fixed it, but you can never have too much feedback.

Had word back from someone at Konami, basically the assisted run trigger is not an option you can toggle on or off, it is basically there to use or not, trying to probe for more info :)

Back
Top Bottom