PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I was really hoping they'd make passing more realistic this year - last year, and in that video, ground passes are too quick and straight, and gives a very arcade-like impression. I thought they'd said they worked on ball physics quite a lot? Fingers crossed that that video is a horrible representation of the final product because it made me nauseous to watch.

The passing physics is miles better in those videos than in PES 2011. The pace and amount of friction is loads better. The passes still look too straight, but then I have seen some in these videos that do curl very nicely over the course of the last week or so.

The real problem is the pace of the game as a whole - in these videos it looks so, so quick; but then mancan said that it's actually more like -1 on PES 2011.

The passing physics is miles better in those videos than in PES 2011. The pace and amount of friction is loads better. The passes still look too straight, but then I have seen some in these videos that do curl very nicely over the course of the last week or so.

The real problem is the pace of the game as a whole - in these videos it looks so, so quick; but then mancan said that it's actually more like -1 on PES 2011.

Next batch of playtests can't come soon enough, so Lami can give some peace in mind to some of us. His impressions surely won't be ignored.

I think the Barcelona guy could be mancan (or whoever from here was there) on this forum, I think he said he played as Barcelona and got recorded by this HD guy (and that he scored long range with ibra). Show your face man, I thought you said you played proper football? :SMUG:

Anyone else noticed how extremely bad the defenders react to what happens in the penalty area? There is no sense of urgency at all, they all just stand around so that the attacker can get to the ball again. It was the same in 2011.

If you see this Lami, could you check that our in the preview build if the defenders are more urgent and try to get to the ball quickly? Spank you.

Last edited:
I am kinda disappointed

- ping pong passing. overall passing looks very easy....
- same robotic run and movement animation
- same awful keepers (in the first video: 7.12min and in the second video: 1.23 min, 7min)
- gameplay waaaayy to fast

Anyone else noticed how extremely bad the defenders react to what happens in the penalty area? There is no sense of urgency at all, they all just stand around so that the attacker can get to the ball again. It was the same in 2011.

agree!

It looks VERY fun to play imo, however it needs to be slowed down urgently for the sake of realism.

Slow down players turnnings and dribbling (specially defenders just to make individuality more evident) and also slow down forwards passing speed. Ball physics in regard to passing are awesome (100x better than in pes2011), just need to be slower.

First time passes seem to be overpowered as we said before, and many players are making them as good as those who have special passing skills.

As for keepers, they rubbish on this demo, but I'm confident that Konami will fix it (they probably already did it). Since this e3 code they said that shooting would be improved, and on those two lastest videos about assisted and manual teammates shooting is clearly much improved, so imo they are fulfilling what they promised so far.

AT 7:09 TYPICAL ONLINE NOOBS PLAY "pass to a teammate behind you and then through pass back":RANT:

My brother (noob) does it all the time. It's not that hard to defend against but its boring, it's a typical play that it doesn't require skills and brain. Fuck! :RANT:

edit: but the guy playing with Barça is very bad at defending

Last edited:
a proper stamina system would solve this way of playing matches
if you look carefully it seems like the stamina bar that should briefly appear under the cursor above player's head is not there
maybe this indicates they are still working on stamina system?

It looks VERY fun to play imo, however it needs to be slowed down urgently for the sake of realism.

Slow down players turnnings and dribbling (specially defenders just to make individuality more evident) and also slow down forwards passing speed. Ball physics in regard to passing are awesome (100x better than in pes2011), just need to be slower.

First time passes seem to be overpowered as we said before, and many players are making them as good as those who have special passing skills.

As for keepers, they rubbish on this demo, but I'm confident that Konami will fix it (they probably already did it). Since this e3 code they said that shooting would be improved, and on those two lastest videos about assisted and manual teammates shooting is clearly much improved, so imo they are fulfilling what they promised so far.

I don't think they need to fix anything, look at the videos released by Konami, if there's one thing those are able to show to some extent is the speed of the game, looks worlds apart from the illusion of speed these vids give you.

I don't think they need to fix anything, look at the videos released by Konami, if there's one thing those are able to show to some extent is the speed of the game, looks worlds apart from the illusion of speed these vids give you.

I'll wait for the beta to judge it properly.

This one is by far the fastest.

The other gamelplay videos from e3 code are not that fast.

Although, imo first time passes definetly need to feel harder.

Despite everything else, the game does look fun to play.

a proper stamina system would solve this way of playing matches
if you look carefully it seems like the stamina bar that should briefly appear under the cursor above player's head is not there
maybe this indicates they are still working on stamina system?

i'll quote myself
anyone noticed?

Really? Miles better? Maybe a little improved but it still looks as if the ball is being shot out of a cannon. Maybe it's due to insufficient back lift in player animations?

Well, in any case, I think I'll just wipe that video from memory - I refuse to believe that's an accurate representation of what the final version is intended to play like. That looked more like FIFA at its worst before 360 Physicality and Pro Passing was introduced (not that those two features were much of an improvement).

Mancan said what is more like -1 on PES 2011? Overall gameplay?

I think the Barcelona guy could be mancan (or whoever from here was there) on this forum, I think he said he played as Barcelona and got recorded by this HD guy (and that he scored long range with ibra). Show your face man, I thought you said you played proper football? :SMUG:

If you see this Lami, could you check that our in the preview build if the defenders are more urgent and try to get to the ball quickly? Spank you.
Nah mate wasnt me trust me i dont play like that. I love simply passing the ball around the midfield i also use the wingers alot. I also never play as barcelona because i feel like im cheating when i play with them. I played as Bayen,Holland and England. Btw guys the xbox 360 matches were never like this most of us played nice slow paced and calculated football and it seemed we picked up the game pretty well. It might just be a trait of ps3 players
:CONFUSE::RANT:

- same robotic run and movement animation

:CONFUSE:

Robotic movement is gone, vanished, evaporated. It's all fluid! No players stuck in animations at all in that video!

anyway.

I've noticed that the animations seem actually very sensitive! The reason why we were seeing the toe poke etc.. was possibly that both team where trying to play at 1000 miles an hour. It seems maybe those passing animations could actually be in the game but you have to not play so dam fast like the players where in the video.

Feel a bit better after seeing that. They weren't the best players but what do you expect?

In the 2nd half video I like the skill by Robinho at 03:11.Well I don't know if it's a new animation or more a sequence of two previous ones (shifting the ball from his right to left leg)

I see some people moaning about Keepers. The video shows them to be much worse in programming compared to PES 2011, (in animations there better though)

I just would had thought it's obvious that they are in development and they are most likely in the middle of re programming them so they are half done.

No idea why people are so worried about them being completely broken.

Wow i dont think there is a single backwards pass in any of those matches. How can people play the game this way? How would it be fun?

I see some people moaning about Keepers. The video shows them to be much worse in programming compared to PES 2011, (in animations there better though)

I just would had thought it's obvious that they are in development and they are most likely in the middle of re programming them so they are half done.

No idea why people are so worried about them being completely broken.

As long as the keepers land on thier belly, they are broken

Also:

Pirlo pass belongs in NHL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELwTRGqizXo#t=4m52s

Last edited:
This is something I thought about a while ago and also came up with tapping the sprint button but you would have to time your tap to coincide with the touch of the ball. Its a similar concept to those rhythm games like dance dance revolution or guitar hero. If you tap to soon your touch is horrible and it slows you down but if your tap is spot on you maintain full speed. Also I thought about using the same system for first touch where R2 is used when you recieve the ball.

Edit: just to add that the better the dribbling stat the bigger the margin of error is for timing the button press.

That's sounds about right! We all need to champion this idea here!

As long as the keepers land on thier belly, they are broken

:LOL:

:CONFUSE:

Robotic movement is gone, vanished, evaporated. It's all fluid! No players stuck in animations at all in that video!

I dont have a proper word to describe it, but turning (i think they play with R1/RB 100% of time, and thats the problem) isn't right, looks like the players are skating or something, very weird imo

We NEED REALISTIC STAMINA ASAP.I get depressed watching that kind of play. It is as brainless and stupid as fifa. I know, games are a product, but if anyone could really change something, is Konami. Discourage the spammers, the sprinthores, or give us the realistic tools to punish this kind of gamer. It reminds me of Call of duty. Started balanced with Cod 2, became the stylish tacticless youtubed based fragfest shit most of us know. Offline PES for us the purists this year, i bet.

I agree. A proper stamina/fatigue system is really needed to combat players like this.

The pace of the game doesn't concern me at all, it's always the same. Looks faster than it actually is. I expect it to be similar to PES 2011 in that regard.

Last edited:
We NEED REALISTIC STAMINA ASAP.I get depressed watching that kind of play. It is as brainless and stupid as fifa. I know, games are a product, but if anyone could really change something, is Konami. Discourage the spammers, the sprinthores, or give us the realistic tools to punish this kind of gamer. It reminds me of Call of duty. Started balanced with Cod 2, became the stylish tacticless youtubed based fragfest shit most of us know. Offline PES for us the purists this year, i bet.

Yeah especially with master league being revamped and harder AI ill definitely be playing more offline.

Back
Top Bottom