PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Still watching the vid, the first split second replay before it gets cut off suggests that the replay blur thing is still going on. Not a big fan of that

I dont see how anyone could get any enjoyment out of the game playing like that :CONFUSE:.

Edit: Look at the control by the left back before the Pato goal, he gets the pass fired at him and it just sticks to his foot. Also horrific goalkeeping. Also the dribbling is starting to look a bit overpowered, reminds me of PES2008. I hope these guys just dont know how to defend.

David Villas Movement around 2:50(video time) is awesome.

Last edited:
Menu, and by that i mean the formation screen, looks more responsive. I found it frustrating last year so hopefully they've smoothed that out.

Whoever is playing that are awful, especially the guy who is Barcelona. Notice how he tries to every thing incredibly fast and keeps messing up. Trying to play passing perfectly outside the box and getting closed down and losing the ball everytime (which by the way is a good thing). The guy who is AC is just trying to run past everybody and gets tackled everytime.

I still hate the way that when you score a goal the first reaction to people is to skip it straight away. I do wish cut-scenes were mandatory (or atleast there was an option to make them mandatory or not). That's one thing i really like about Fifa. The custom celebrations are borderline silly except a few but you get to actively celebrate when scoring or have to watch them as punishment for conceding.

Last edited:
My eyes hurt after watching that. It was all forward one-touch passing bullshit. On a lighter note you can see the stewards near the crowd get up after the Messi goal. Nice touch.

I can't watch it. Did you notice how poor GKs still are? I can't believe it, they behave the same way as in PES2011. Not any improvement at all, I would say they are even worse.

Whoever was playing Barça was terrible, 'cause he was playing just like he probably plays it online, trying to get to the area as forcefully possible, by trying to sprint and pass, the faster the better, tackling and pressuring people like crazy, like if their lives depend on it. That's not how you should play PES, the result is pretty visible, a match that makes your brain dizzy 'cause people are losing the ball all the time.

I can't watch it. Did you notice how poor GKs still are? I can't believe it, they behave the same way as in PES2011. Not any improvement at all, I would say they are even worse.

Abbiati seemed fine. In fact his reaction before the first goal was good. He even went for a double save and then there was not much he could do about the header or Messi's goal. Valdes seemed abysmal for both goals though. One going through him and the other with him standing still by his post.

Half good half bad? I don't know what to make of it.

Abbiati seemed fine. In fact his reaction before the first goal was good. He even went for a double save and then there was not much he could do about the header or Messi's goal. Valdes seemed abysmal for both goals though. One going through him and the other with him standing still by his post.

Half good half bad? I don't know what to make of it.

They seemed quite glitchy, strange reactions even compared to what we had last year, surely it won't stay that way.

The player who changed his shot button to circle was Barcelona right? Explains alot.

I use those controls :CONFUSE:

I know what you're getting at but i think Anderson was more right. He's playing rushed football like you find with people online. I don't think it's a Fifa thing, might be though.

The only word that comes to my mind about GKs is epic fail. They behave exactly the same as in PES2011 or even worse. They do not catch easy shoots, after successful saves they throw ball into penalty area instead of side lines or corner.

The only word that comes to my mind about GKs is epic fail. They behave exactly the same as in PES2011 or even worse. They do not catch easy shoots, after successful saves they throw ball into penalty area instead of side lines or corner.

And you obviously conclude it's going to be that way in final code, worse than last year, completely incompetent and glitched. lol.

This explains why Konami was pissed that people were allowed to record code from almost 2 months ago.

This is the code before they fixed the keepers, right? Adam and Suff's first playtest had dodgy keepers but the follow-up was much better?

And you obviously conclude it's going to be that way in final code, worse than last year, completely incompetent and glitched. lol.

This explains why Konami was pissed that people were allowed to record code from almost 2 months ago.

Why would he expect them to be any other way? The keepers in PES have by abysmal for years now.

This is the code before they fixed the keepers, right? Adam and Suff's first playtest had dodgy keepers but the follow-up was much better?

So it seems, 'cause keepers in this footage are beyond dreadful. I guess that explains why Adam wanted to start a campaign to force Konami to fix keepers after that playtest. If it's the same code, it's pretty shocking, Konami obviously knew about it lol.

Save from 7:12 is the summary of GKs showed in this video.

_anderson please don't judge me personally and read my posts with understanding. I have never written that the final code will be the same. I can only judge what I've seen so far and what has been shown by Konami so far but to be honest... year after year we're hoping that this won't be the final code, saying to ourselves that many things can still be changed but lets face it. The truth is that (based on the experience) the code has never been changed as much as we dreamed of it from preview and final release.

Last edited:
I didn't judge you. Is it too hard to believe code does change dramatically when you're about 4 or more months away from the release?

Not trying to prove anyone wrong, that's up to Konami to do, but don't start drawing conclusions from this footage. The idea that nothing changes between code, specially considering this code is from late May/early June, is completely unrealistic cause you aren't shown footage from all codes.

A good example of this is the "sound recording booth" gameplay video from PES 2011 Tokyo Tour, then the beta, then the demo, then retail, the progress (not always a progress on this last step) was obvious.

Last edited:
The player who changed his shot button to circle was Barcelona right? Explains alot.

It don't explain nothing. I still use the same controls I used back in '95, coming from Fifa. It was easier to swap circle and square, and R1 and triangle back then, and I'm still the same.

Just watched the clip. Half way through and had enough. They're both terrible. My eyes hurt. If the full game is as quick as that then I'm changing game speed to -10.

hugs05-446cc35671126ad37759657dddf7c764.jpg

I was really hoping they'd make passing more realistic this year - last year, and in that video, ground passes are too quick and straight, and gives a very arcade-like impression. I thought they'd said they worked on ball physics quite a lot? Fingers crossed that that video is a horrible representation of the final product because it made me nauseous to watch.

Just watched the clip. Half way through and had enough. They're both terrible. My eyes hurt. If the full game is as quick as that then I'm changing game speed to -10.

You know i don't mind the pace so much. Sure it could be toned down a little but they were just playing with no trepidation at all and running into each other all over the shop. They scored 4 goals more through mistake from the opponent rather than good play themselves. I didn't see much smart play from either of them and they didn't really earn their goals.

First goal - Corner (bad defending from Milan)
Second Goal - Messi through 1 v 1 after some dreadful defending from Milan again
Third Goal - Pato. Okay bad keeper mistake but he had too much room in the box.
4th Goal - Two players un-marked in the midle. Not great defending from Barcelona.

Maybe this is why Seabass doesnt introduce a proper stamina system, judging from my onine experiences and videos like this lots of people.like to play in thjs fashion and a realistic stamina systembwould destroy the game for them.

Back
Top Bottom