PES 2011 Discussion thread

is fifa gameplay really that bad??

Again, yes.

This trailer looks like it was thrown together in haste. It doesn't help that it looks really washed out on HD. Gameplay right now looks too fast, sort of jerky. Animations still need work.

I was more impressed with the penpas video and the things going on during the press tour.

*My thoughts on the video*

The animations look fluid so the game should automatic be better as long as it's PES 2010 with fluid animatioons.

The freedom looks very good.

Unsure about the rest, the dodgyness of these animations are the players arms which look stuck to the players bodies.

It's missing loads of elements though, in PES 2010 players moved as a team and didn't allow so much space for the strikers to play in like we see in the video. It's like tactics and teams forming a shape are non existant or dubbed down to the basics. The trailer looks rushed but still goos, they are just covering the main improvments it seems.

I mean, i'm optimistic, it really should be great but i think it's best for me to wait until august to see some 'proper' builds with everthing in. It seems like were just seeing the animations part of the gameplay and none

Compare this vid and the amount of content we have seen now to last years trailers now in June to what we saw last July: YouTube - FIFA 10 vs. PES 2010 Teaser Trailers

The strange arm ik issues hopefull will be sorted, that's really my main concern, keepers imo look much better, far from perfect, yes, very far but it's good to see keepers animtions looking relisitic and smooth.

Let's not forget it's still very early, while these vids aren't mindblowing but this game has the abillity and potential.

the player body looks exactly like fifa body player which is small and not realistic compare than pes2010 and previous next-gen version. the kits also looks bad, all looks tight and not realistic at all. bad move pes, bad move. the animation is still like robot even though they emulate fifa player body.

Obviously as a kitmater i sincerly hope the kit template has not changed :) so i don't have to remake all my national team kit's for PES 2011. From that video, it looks like the mapping could well be the same apart from the italy kit!

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW :APPLAUD: :APPLAUD: :APPLAUD:

libertadores.JPG

e3_Argentina-vs-Italy.jpg

e3_Estudiantes-vs-Corinthians.jpg

e3_Internacional-vs-Cruzeiro.jpg

e3_libertacup_source.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_iuQtXla0IeU/T...o/9lFm0Abi1Mk/s800/e3_stadium_OLDTRAFFORD.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_iuQtXla0IeU/TBgnq9CCwHI/AAAAAAAABBw/wHoLCKTDMM8/s800/e3_gameplan.jpg

Last edited:
FIFAs players look like real humans ! In PES players look like painted Humans ,like a dolls :) That is FACT !

Yeah maybe next fall... but not right now.

I really like the video, but I hope Total Freedom doesn't mean Total Lack of Defense. But these early vids always seem to be played at an easy setting to better demonstrate the new stuff, I guess.

The game will be great. It has a fantastic "freedom" feel. It will be more than welcome. Been playing a lot of Pes 2010 these last weeks after almost three years of Fifa, and to be honest, Pes 2010 with better running animations and goalkeepers would definitly be enough for me. Obviously it isn´t, it will be much more. Fifa lacks depth in all of its features, minus probably Clubs. Not even the pitch and ball are correctly recreated. How can they keep going with these obvious misconceptions and progress is beyond me. Fifa 11 will look good,sound good ,play good but will never "feel" as good as Pro Evo. Anyway, i hope that finally football gets a proper game this year. We deserve it.

I don't know who used to say that the third PES of each generation would be revolutionary, and I believe that it is happening.

Despite the gameplay looks like the balls and players are kinda floating, the new animations are there (did I see a slipping Messi before the finish, though?). The graphics must've been polished a bit, but this looks WAY, WAY better than the samey, stuck-y, buggy gameplay we say on the penpas videos.

What a good surprise. PES looks FRESH this year.

LEts wait to see how it plays, but it seems that Konami aren't afraid to unleash its beast's trump so soon, unlike the previous years...

Props to you, Konami, you're doing well. Where were you all this time?

Looks a lot like Football Kingdom, just slower and more rigid.

This.

About the pace - people tend to forget that now we're playing from a wider view. Things aren't as close as they used to, back on PS2's Normal Long or Wide views! Plays look slower.

I'm sorry, but I'm loving the trailer more each time I watch it. Is this a true alternative to Fifa? Time will tell.

it might have looked like fifa because it doesn't have rigid animations. it'll be the gameplay to settle the differences between the two games.

I see it like a typical PES game... probably have some "FIFA" touches, but they are only visual, when you play the game I think it will be completely different...

Promising video. Still 5 months out, if they use that time to further link the animation and work on the goalkeepers then this could be a very special game. Roll on Gamescon, what you see there will be a true reflection of what the final product will be.

I'm not here to defend Konami. PES2008/9 were rubbish and PES2010 was a step in the right direction.

However some of the complaints yet again from a small demo video are amusing.

Kit's too tight ? Look at some of the current kits they are very tight ie Ivory Coast. The ball doesn't bounce and fly as we are seeing in this WC ?

That's because of the ball and atmospheric conditions. Player models look awful ?

Really ? They look perfect artist proportions anatomically. The defence was poor.

Who knows what setting they are using ? The game looks too fast ? They have said there will be speed sliders so ie an EPL game is faster than a Liga game.

These videos are for show not to demonstrate gameplay as such.

Yes some of the animations look creaky ie CR7 doing his trick and the goalkeeper belly flopping in the Dutch net but no doubt those animations have yet to be introduced into the game.

And anyway the key to PES is the gameplay and sim like quality. If they fix that that's the most important thing. Everything else is secondary.

And it's great to see the Libertadores licensed and those screenshots of Estudiantes v Corinthians.

As we say 'Keep calm and carry on'. ;)

Vid looks good. Nice to see some gameplay videos coming out now.

My only real problem is the keepers look a little easy to beat but then we're only looking at goals 'scored'. There could have been 50 attempts at the same angles before any of those shots went in. I really need to play the game to get a real understanding of it all though... Problematic things like response times and player switching are impossible to gauge in these kinds of videos - and they're my biggest gripe with PES 2010.

I thought Konami would've shown it from the "photo realistic" camera setting instead of wide cam. It looks much much better than PES2010 there's no doubt about that.
Although there were a couple of things I thought were strange, regarding this "Total Freedom". The Pirlo throughball, yes it was great pass, but the power bar was clearly maxed out, so thats the longest distance for a ground pass, which I don't think is long enough. Unless there will be a button for a drilled pass.
Also on Van Persie's shot the power bar is maxed out, I know he's on his weaker foot from an awkward angle but I think the real Van Persie, when making a shot with his right foot from there and choosing to blast it, would be able to do so properly.

I am not buying Konami's PR crap again...

Show me pure gameplay Seabass. Stop hiding...

Can't you see it in the last 3 minute trailer?

About looking like Fifa, I don't mind that. If looking like Fifa means looking realistic then I don't see a problem.

Only thing left for us now is info about modes and a demo, I guess.

with 3 months to go i think this is a huge step in the right direction,i was a bit worried after the beta video floating around a few weeks back but certainly after the trailer and new screens its looking better and better as the days count down,still looks a bit sluggish for me in parts but hope that is sorted b4 release which i'd imagine it will be,thumbs up from me

From WENB:

Riot has tested the game and seems very impressed (source: http://pelaajalehti.com/2010/06/16/pro-evolution-soccer-2011-tuoreita-kuvia/) . He basically says he hasn't liked PES for years, but when playing the game for the first time today he was "on fire". The game now looks completely different in motion, which means it is much slower, has much better animations and finally boosts good dynamics between the players. "This works".

From WENB:

Riot has tested the game and seems very impressed (source: http://pelaajalehti.com/2010/06/16/pro-evolution-soccer-2011-tuoreita-kuvia/) . He basically says he hasn't liked PES for years, but when playing the game for the first time today he was "on fire". The game now looks completely different in motion, which means it is much slower, has much better animations and finally boosts good dynamics between the players. "This works".

Very promising. Riot knows his sh*t. :D

I don't know who used to say that the third PES of each generation would be revolutionary, and I believe that it is happening.

PES 2011 will be fourth game of this generation, or fifth if you count PES6 on the 360, so that prophecy was wrong. There's only been one other generation of PES to compare with, so to say that there is any kind of cycle involved because PES3 was the revolutionary game on the PS2 is just speculative.

It's been a five year wait for this game whatever way you look at it. Better late than never, though.:))

From WENB:

I have huge respect for Riot's opinions. He's always the most subjective person on the podcasts. This is very encouraging.

Fifa 2010 WC gameplay is better more times PES 2010 :BYE:

:FAIL:

any way
I just want to ask,.... ho the fak is thinking in Konami that if they put all indications of the player around him will be a good idea ??
This is madness !!
- Madness ?? ТHIS IS SH*********T
Ok , there will be options to remove on /off the bars .. but i want bars but not there !!!

Last edited:
Was just about to comment on that, I agree with 95% what Riot says and he's been pretty vocal in how crap PES is (has been for 8/9/10) so if he thinks its a good game then it sounds very good.

isnt it hard to show loads of goals in a trailer without making the defence look too bad? For example if they showed a great defensive trailer, it wouldnt be a very exciting demo of a new pes game, comments would be suggesting its gone too far and its too hard to score. No pleasing everyone eh?

I love the new trailer, the celebration with tevez actually made me laugh. Hope they have more celebrations per player.

Back
Top Bottom