PES 2011 Discussion thread

NO! VUVUZELA'S MUST BE IN THE GAME! I know some people find them annoying but tough luck. This is an African World Cup so they deserve to celebrate and be jubilant in whatever way they want.

vuvucelas are killing the game, killing the fan's songs, killing the footballers, the tv's...

vuvucelas out !

You know Fifa 11 has pretty much confirmed customisable chants, any football game really needs that. It'll add so much more atmosphere. I understand that they are working on the chants already but it'd be a lot better if we could customize the teams with specific chants that we've made or downloaded.

That way i can add the Vuvuzuelas.

NO! VUVUZELA'S MUST BE IN THE GAME! I know some people find them annoying but tough luck. This is an African World Cup so they deserve to celebrate and be jubilant in whatever way they want.

...except when it drowns out the England brass band ;)

Last edited:
:OT: but...

snn1509a2801044507a.jpg

Well then... "Write the future"

Yeah - heard Evra blamed the vuvuzuelas for their loss - be a man and blame Govou, Ribery and the rest of the damn team. Messi too - yeah it was the noise that made all your shots get saved by the keeper!!!

We live in a world of too much blame - the noise, the ball - at least Green took it but what else could he do. England need to up their game though, starting with Capello.

You know Fifa 11 has pretty much confirmed customisable chants, any football game really needs that. It'll add so much more atmosphere. I understand that they are working on the chants already but it'd be a lot better if we could customize the teams with specific chants that we've made or downloaded.

That way i can add the Vuvuzuelas.

there's no 'pretty much' about it, it's confirmed ;)
I thought PES 2010 already had this? Are you an X360 player?

I love the sound of the vuvuzelas, especially just after a close miss when everyone plays them simultaneously and there's just this amazing wave of noise.

It reminds me of the old footage you see of 1970s matches, like the '74 World Cup in Germany, with the backdrop of all the horns in the crowd, a similar sound. Brilliant!

I want to kill everyone who has ever used a vuvuzela. However, as that would likely result in some kind of punishment (why I don't understand) I'll have to be satisfied with dreaming about it.:RANT:

It had better be gameplay, or at least gameplay elements like the jostling video. Otherwise I can only conclude that Konami are not so confident after all.

It's something "never seen this early" and "jaw-dropping", so it must be either gameplay or some wonderful gameplay elements being shown.

there's no 'pretty much' about it, it's confirmed ;)
I thought PES 2010 already had this? Are you an X360 player?

Good, let's hope it's an easyish process. It's the best thing i've heard regarding Fifa 2011 so far, giving the ability for the user to alter the game to their own preference. Let's hope they follow it up with the ability to customise some more things. I personally think that they will.

Yeh i'm a 360 owner annoyingly. Konami really needs to step up their game in terms of giving Xbox 360 users the ability to customise the game with things like chants.

It's something "never seen this early" and "jaw-dropping", so it must be either gameplay or some wonderful gameplay elements being shown.

Ok, I'll look forward to that then. Trouble is, I've heard this kind of talk too many times before. I don't want to have to wait until Gamescom to see what this game is all about, I want Konami to nail it at E3 and remove my doubts so I can be really optimistic about October.

So when's the "news" due? Tuesday?

Everyone, lets not forget there are dedicated threads for the world cup, and lets not take this thread totally offtopic.

Jamezinho said:
It had better be gameplay, or at least gameplay elements like the jostling video. Otherwise I can only conclude that Konami are not so confident after all.

It must be, I hope it's not the opening video, because if it was and turned out brilliant still it's not gameplay.

We all want a gameplay video at this point. I hope Konami release a bug-free video, even though that's asking too much at this point.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll look forward to that then. Trouble is, I've heard this kind of talk too many times before. I don't want to have to wait until Gamescom to see what this game is all about, I want Konami to nail it at E3 and remove my doubts so I can be really optimistic about October.

So when's the "news" due? Tuesday?

Yeah.

I just hope we don't have the scenario whereby Konami release ingame videofootage then have to do a please explain when people dissect the info as we always do. If you make one mistake the public will pounce on you. Remember the mess they made last year when they released a video with messi crossing a ball with the outside of his left boot 90 degrees on the right wing? It had people up in arms.

NO! VUVUZELA'S MUST BE IN THE GAME! I know some people find them annoying but tough luck.
Agree. Maybe they can be used to reproduce the "african style" crowd that you can select in PES6 (when you build your ML team and choose the way the crowd cheers).. Should be great!! :COOL:

I just hope we don't have the scenario whereby Konami release ingame videofootage then have to do a please explain when people dissect the info as we always do. If you make one mistake the public will pounce on you. Remember the mess they made last year when they released a video with messi crossing a ball with the outside of his left boot 90 degrees on the right wing? It had people up in arms.

True. But there will always be something to criticize. In 3 minutes, most will focous on everything positive they find, others exactly on the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom