PES 2011 Discussion thread

22 may

4 may - as I said, the videos come in the month of world cup

1 may

- ahora podeis crear todo el hype que querais, y mentir a los usuarios diciendoles esto esta al 30% esto al 70% esto ha vuelto al 40%....

dont want to argue. But alot of the info are just assumptions from the press release, that I could make up. Regarding seeing videos during the world cup, that could be an educated guess. Maybe if you told me what the Edit mode surprise was and it came true. Id believe you. You seem to come when news shows up and disappear when its dry, im just skeptical. But I wont comment any further.

dont want to argue. But alot of the info are just assumptions from the press release, that I could make up. Regarding seeing videos during the world cup, that could be an educated guess. Maybe if you told me what the Edit mode surprise was and it came true. Id believe you. You seem to come when news shows up and disappear when its dry, im just skeptical. But I wont comment any further.

piensa lo que quieras, yo he ido avisando de lo que saldria en las fechas oficiales para que nadie se hiciese hype.

nunca he dicho que lo sepa todo, ni nada parecido, siempre dije que tengo informaciones.

pero a mi me da igual, yo no tengo porque entrar todos los dias ha hablar si no hay nada nuevo

bad translate, sorry
think what you want, I have been warning of what would come out in formal dates.

I never said I know everything, or anything, I have always said information.

but I do not care, because I have not come in every day has to speak if there is nothing new

I think Ronaldinho needs to come up with some substantial info about PES that is not just parroted from other sites.

Last year he leaked some images before an embargo which got the creditability, but this year the ''info'' is less convincing.

Ronaldinho_23

Why in some posts you are speaking english and in another not?

because I go crazy.

say about me, translates, and others tell me not to do

I think Ronaldinho needs to come up with some substantial info about PES that is not just parroted from other sites.

Last year he leaked some images before an embargo which got the creditability, but this year the ''info'' is less convincing.

lo se, y lo entiendo.
yo no busco fama ni nada, puedo quedarme sin escribir tranquilamente, y cuando salga el juego venir y ver que opinais sobre el.
no tengo problema.

pero tampoco me gusta que haya gente que se pase 3 meses pensando lo que no es.

Last edited:

Word is is that last year pic that he got before the embargo was posted on some other (spanish) forum by someone else, like an hour before it was posted here by him.

That's not what I'm saying, Konami is not fantastic and could easily fail once again. I'm just saying you're a fake. That's what I'm saying. Not because of what you said about PES, but because of what you claim to know, and you don't.
you should stop talking shit. Ronaldinho_23 is a valid source full stop.

zafzjvlh.jpg

Anyone know what stadium this is? Or is it generic?

I thought it was the Maracana at first but that only has two tiers.

That's nonsense. Try taking on defenders with Chile's Sanchez or Slovakia's Stoch than compare to trying it with Beckham. Try an ambitious through ball with Iniesta or Vargas and see how it compares with attempting one with a Congolese Centre Mid.

I'll agree player individuality isn't as defined as it should be, and is often undervalued by the over emphasising of the physical side of the game. But to say 'stats mean crap all' is clearly the hallmark of someone who hasn't given the game a chance just cause 'it's EA'.

There's a reason why so many have gone over to FIFA in recent years, and if it isn't because of graphics since PES is clearly superior in that respect, then why? Cause of better gameplay. Obviously.

:YAWN:

I've been giving EA chances more than you would ever imagine. Do you know how long I've been playing "EA sports. It's in the game"? Since Fifa 94. I've bought every single Fifa game since then, and the usual one month probation period, then collects dust, or gets sold. Don't assume things please.

And don't try convincing us with that superior FIFA gameplay crap either because we all know its bull, even FIFA players know that's what's missing from it.

If you're sole mission in this thread is to big up FIFA then let go, there's no point, and it's the wrong thread to do that.

Last edited:
zafzjvlh.jpg

Anyone know what stadium this is? Or is it generic?

I thought it was the Maracana at first but that only has two tiers.

No one seems to know. On PESFAN this screenshot is named "dev_stadium_wireframe02.jpg", so some suggested it may be a "created stadium" on a possible "stadium editor". I highly doubt, but notice on that screenshot, those ladders on the middle of nowhere, near the closest stands.

No one seems to know. On PESFAN this screenshot is named "dev_stadium_wireframe02.jpg", so some suggested it may be a "created stadium" on a possible "stadium editor". I highly doubt, but notice on that screenshot, those ladders on the middle of nowhere, near the closest stands.

I really do not think we will get a stadium editor any time soon, and to be honest I will be pissed off if we do given the bigger issues that need attention. The Old Trafford screenshot also has the wireframe so I don't think that has any relevance to a stadium editor. It's just a PR screenshot showing the detail put into the game.

I really do not think we will get a stadium editor any time soon, and to be honest I will be pissed off if we do given the bigger issues that need attention. The Old Trafford screenshot also has the wireframe so I don't think that has any relevance to a stadium editor. It's just a PR screenshot showing the detail put into the game.

I wasn't talking about the wireframe thingys. But yeah, you have point, there's no need for a stadium editor/creator. Jon Murphy did said there was a surprise on edit mode, but I highly doubt it's that.

I want a crowd flag/banner editor! How about just dropping banners created by the editing community into the editor. I've had enough of ''who ate all the pies''!

Please Konami, if you're listening* :PRAY:

*(which they're not)

I hope the shoot-pass bar beneath the player has an on-off option, its the worst idea in all the years of PES...a very "arcadie", like my brother used to say of FIFA "you don´t see a power bar when you watch a footbal match in tv..:D

Looks fucking shit. While 2010 may have technically had 360 degree dribbling, it really didn't like you using it, and would pull you to the 8 directions as much as possible. This looks the same. Also, doesn't seem like you can make small movements.

PES = shit.

Thank you for your constructive insight. :ROLL:

Maybe this thread should be temporarily locked until the actual demos come out for both franchises ?

Ronaldinho, do you think these screenshots are the only materials we will get before E3 or not?
Do you know if Konami will release a trailer?

We can look forward to more news from Jon Murphy.

from PESFan: http://www.pesfan.com/news/9031700/#news

And the hottest news is that there is potentially more for EA to fear as Jon Murphy, PES’s European Team Leader has revealed that yet more info will be released today on Twitter. Stick around for more information – as soon as we know, you will...

edit: my mistake, I didn't realize they were the screenshots.

Last edited:
We can look forward to more news from Jon Murphy.

from PESFan: http://www.pesfan.com/news/9031700/#news

And the hottest news is that there is potentially more for EA to fear as Jon Murphy, PES’s European Team Leader has revealed that yet more info will be released today on Twitter. Stick around for more information – as soon as we know, you will...

Those news have already been told, and they are there, the post above that one.

I´m personally gonna give Ronaldinho the benefit of the doubt, since he hasn´t actually said anything outrageous(concrete neither).

Ronaldinho crees que la gente en tu opinion se van acabar desilucionado por PES 2011? Y crees que Konami va a ser un buen rival para Fifa 2011 este año?

Thank you for your constructive insight. :ROLL:

Maybe this thread should be temporarily locked until the actual demos come out for both franchises ?

Why? It's a discussion thread. Many in here are doing "discussions". Only a small amount are in here trolling, who you can ignore.

I think he has a source, he said their would be some issues with something which has clearly been built from the up and even said their would be some stutters in the video and errors like the gliding which has all been true.

He hasn't proclaimed it will end up that way but he new that a month prior to the video being released. He obviously has a contact and is telling everyone not to expect the revolution to be complete in 1 year.

Still PES 2011 looks good to me so far, EA have upped the ante though with their news.

Totally agree...

Gonna get technical here, because I can, and because I am qualified to do/say so.

As the average pixel area a player occupies is 64 x 64 pixels to 128 x 128 pixels, depending on Camera Angle, AND the game runs in 720p (ignoring a user's 1080p Plasma/LCD scaling it up) you are REALLY NOT GONNA NOTICE ALL 360 DEGREES. In Fact 32 angles means a shift of 2 - 4 pixels (max!) at a time - now do this at 30 to 60 frames per second and lets see if you would notice 32 angles vs 360 angles.

On a close up, meh... maybe noticable... but not overly so - even then (as I have stated in a prior post some other thread) each player is linked to a Master controller and that is rotationally "tweened" in code, with minor player posture/pose "tweens" to give the illusion of smooth transitions.

So if, for example, someone says FIFA'S 360 degree movement is better, tell them to sit on this (raises middle finder) and rotate 360 degrees.

By the way - I used to have an ex-3D lecturer that worked for EA tell me they used to be perplexed why Pro Evo used to consistently beat their FIFA (back in 2004, when I begun my studies) on a technical level... I told him "it just plays better" and shrugged my shoulders. If I saw him again, I would say "Ok, Ok, so you got the technical stuff down pat, but sorry mate - Pro Evo's still better"

I've just read this. Thank you very much for this very informative post. People should take note.

Back
Top Bottom