PES 2011 Discussion thread

Which means, neither PES nor Fifa can be judged at this point in time.

But what can we do, its the same yadda yadda every year. Humans are so judgemental and impatient in their nature.

My God, EA's game looks as ugly as ever. PES's margin in the graphics department just increased.

I'm sure the 13 yr olds will eat that run like fake Ronaldo stuff up, but I expect better from the grown ups here. Typical EA stuff.

I look at the HD version of that rough sound booth PES and already see the leaps Konami have made. Very promising.

lol you talk about '13 yr olds' liking individual player animations, just after wanking over PES' graphical improvements.

Graphics mean sweet fuck all, in the early PES days the graphics were a lot worse than FIFA's, but the reason we all played it was because the gameplay was streets ahead. Now the inverse has happened, PES' superior graphics, FIFA superior gameplay, and you're claiming that's a good thing?

There's been a lot more substance to the info released about FIFA to that against PES. FIFA has already boosted better player individuality (Not just cosmetic like another poster mentioned, a reviewer stated stats would effect players passing accuracy, tackling 'range', keepers stance, work rate....), a slower paced game, and harder passes. Pretty much improving upon every issue PES Fanboys had with the previous games.

What has Konami promised? More sparkly graphics, improvement over player animations and a pass power bar. Wahey....

lol you talk about '13 yr olds' liking individual player animations, just after wanking over PES' graphical improvements.

Graphics mean sweet fuck all, in the early PES days the graphics were a lot worse than FIFA's, but the reason we all played it was because the gameplay was streets ahead. Now the inverse has happened, PES' superior graphics, FIFA superior gameplay, and you're claiming that's a good thing?

I wouldn't exaggerate and call it SUPERIOR gameplay. What's so superior about it's gameplay when it's stats mean crap all? Fifa in no way is superior in that department then.

Superior in animations, I'd say yes.

Bull.

Shit.

You mean PES gets a free ride after three years of awful to average football games, with people saying that they're really listening by putting in animations that aren't worse than those in PES 2? While EA make an effort to turn their game around (where's Jimmy's list of 8 reasons why FIFA isn't a sim?) and you turn your nose up at their efforts? Even though most of the things they're looking at fixing are the sorts of things that you want changed, not the millions of casuals who know piss all about individuality or pingpong passing.

You couldn't make it up.

If anything it's Fifa that gets the free ride. People seem more willing to accept EA's marketing without questioning previous promises like ''250 gameplay improvements''. Just look at the review scores for the past couple of years, which fail to take into consideration the glaring flaws and bugs.

PES is far from getting a free ride. You should know that if you've read the last 20-odd pages. There's plenty for even the most die-hard PES fan to be worried about from the gameplay glimpses we've seen so far, as has been discussed.

At the moment what we have is promises and marketing hype from EA, the same as what we got from Konami in May, except EA are much better at it. Until I see both games at a more advanced stage, and get to play the demos, it's all fluff.

Pierce Hawthorne is that you? :LMAO:

I wouldn't exaggerate and call it SUPERIOR gameplay. What's so superior about it's gameplay when it's stats mean crap all? Fifa in no way is superior in that department then.

Superior in animations, I'd say yes.

That's nonsense. Try taking on defenders with Chile's Sanchez or Slovakia's Stoch than compare to trying it with Beckham. Try an ambitious through ball with Iniesta or Vargas and see how it compares with attempting one with a Congolese Centre Mid.

I'll agree player individuality isn't as defined as it should be, and is often undervalued by the over emphasising of the physical side of the game. But to say 'stats mean crap all' is clearly the hallmark of someone who hasn't given the game a chance just cause 'it's EA'.

There's a reason why so many have gone over to FIFA in recent years, and if it isn't because of graphics since PES is clearly superior in that respect, then why? Cause of better gameplay. Obviously.

If anything it's Fifa that gets the free ride. People seem more willing to accept EA's marketing without questioning previous promises like ''250 gameplay improvements''. Just look at the review scores for the past couple of years, which fail to take into consideration the glaring flaws and bugs.

Both companies promised '360 degree dribbling' last year. Which one was telling the truth and which one was lieing?

That's nonsense. Try taking on defenders with Chile's Sanchez or Slovakia's Stoch than compare to trying it with Beckham. Try an ambitious through ball with Iniesta or Vargas and see how it compares with attempting one with a Congolese Centre Mid.

First example is because the only two features which cause noticable differences in players in Fifa are speed and strength. In this example it shows the speed. Me and my friend were talking a few days ago and he spoke of how defenders felt slightly more individual than players in other positions. So i pointed out it was because you can see the difference in strength between say John Terry and Michael Dawson. The strength is what differentiates them. The second example you gave isn't true (from my perspective atleast, but i'm sure i'm not alone and if it is then it's not noticably different. It might just be that iniesta has faster and stronger and more intelligent AI position wise team mates and his through ball will be more successful because of them. I don't believe there's enough, or maybe any, intrinsic difference in the quality of the throughball.

I said these things when i owned Fifa 10, way before i ever bought Pes 2010.

I admit to not even allowing the FIFA series 10 games on my pc for the last 3-4 installments.

The reason was i could see the old things in there - like "ball sticking to player's legs" and the fact that i'd be soon learning "shortcuts" aka things that work everytime. PES has less of those and the ball is fairly free. In FIFA 98-2005 i'd soon learn what the AI can and can't do.

BUT i've been hearing of "FIFA's better gameplay" these last years. I couldn't see it in the 7-9 games i played [no surprise there] and failed to see it on YouTube - watching the game played by people who do know what they're doing. Wtf?

So i'm asking - IS fifa rid of the sticky ball? IS the gameplay more realistic? Not asking "is it better", but "is it more realistic". I'm starting to think people analyse fifa compared to their old installments so see improvement, whilst pes compared to old pes' produces weird/negative results.

To me FIFA still seems like "there's 10 types of goal allowed". Still an endless exploitation that provided people with the same goals. Upon finding PES3 the revelation was that - HEY, anything can happen in this game. Shoot the ball forward and you don't know what'll happen to it.

Pes2011 va ha ser una decepcion para muchos usuarios...

Porque? Es que sabes algo nuevo, ou estas constantando el que se pasa todos los anos en ese foro? :)

// Why will PES2011 be a deception to many users? Do you know any new things about it, or are you just stating what goes on every year in this forum? :)

Porque? Es que sabes algo nuevo, ou estas constantando el que se pasa todos los anos en ese foro? :)

// Why will PES2011 be a deception to many users? Do you know any new things about it, or are you just stating what goes on every year in this forum? :)

porque ya dije hace tiempo, que el juego presenta fallos en los pases, y en movimientos muy raros..y alguno lo entendio, y otros dijeron que yo hablaba sin saber..

ahora en el video se ve perfectamente lo que os dije, ese baile de ibrahimovic, los gestos de maxwell para girar, o el pase de toure a alves...

por cierto 2 imagenes mas de messi..

29963399153109326280573.jpg

29963399153099326280573.jpg

porque ya dije hace tiempo, que el juego presenta fallos en los pases, y en movimientos muy raros..y alguno lo entendio, y otros dijeron que yo hablaba sin saber..

ahora en el video se ve perfectamente lo que os dije, ese baile de ibrahimovic, los gestos de maxwell para girar, o el pase de toure a alves...

por cierto 2 imagenes mas de messi..

29963399153109326280573.jpg

29963399153099326280573.jpg

Right, those two pics were taken from PESFan. The stuff you mention about Ibra is clearly a bug, the kind of ones that are always fixed before release, and your "contact" should have told you that. Except there's no contact.

Right, those two pics were taken from PESFan. The stuff you mention about Ibra is clearly a bug, the kind of ones that are always fixed before release, and your "contact" should have told you that. Except there's no contact.

llevo 1 semana sin poder entrar, he sido operado de una hernia discal..

asique me perdi las ultimas noticias,imagenes etc..siento si repito algo.

lo de ibra es un bug si...eso se decia tambien de los problemas de pes2010, que eran bugs...

yo solo avise de lo que vi..¿¿que lo arreglaran? ojala, pero yo cuento lo que hay.

llevo 1 semana sin poder entrar, he sido operado de una hernia discal..

asique me perdi las ultimas noticias,imagenes etc..siento si repito algo.

lo de ibra es un bug si...eso se decia tambien de los problemas de pes2010, que eran bugs...

yo solo avise de lo que vi..¿¿que lo arreglaran? ojala, pero yo cuento lo que hay.

That kind of bug never made it to the final code of any PES. Cmon, be reasonable lol.

Not being rude but this Ronaldinho chap must have lost a little bit credibility by now. The previews contradicted alot that he said. If he comments as forum member like anyone else. Ill listen to his opinion, but any news from his "contacts" ill take with a pinch of salt. E3 needs to hurry up

ok men, konami is fantastic, never fails

in September / October, you say that the good is the comeback to begin pes2012

That's not what I'm saying, Konami is not fantastic and could easily fail once again. I'm just saying you're a fake. That's what I'm saying. Not because of what you said about PES, but because of what you claim to know, and you don't.

All we can go buy is the official previews and videos and screenshots we have seen. Obviously its up to whoever if they wish to believe people like Ronaldinho. But Ill wait for press, official released content and the demo, in order to get an idea of whether the game will fail or not.

22 may
no, por lo que os leo y "entiendo", creo que muchos han malinterpretado mis palabras..

lo que yo digo es que los "algunos" pases, controles, y algun movimiento se ve como predefinido..como en pes2010, que el balon iba demasiado teledirigido..

no es algo alarmante, pero parece llamativo, ya que si dicen que el juego es muy libre, que los pases son mejorados y todo esto del 360 grados..pues queda feo que ocurra ese tipo de fallos.

es imposible implementar una libertad total imagino.

Hola, hace tiempo que no posteo.

- Se han observado fallos en el sistema de pase, controles y regates que dificultan esa presunta libertad de movimiento/accion
- Las porterias son identicas a PES2010
- Apenas hay cambios en la iluminacion de varios estadios que estaban mal (bernabeu)

Personalmente, espero que esto sea corregido.

please, translate me

4 may - as I said, the videos come in the month of world cup

ya os dije que no saldria ningun video in-game...

esto es un teaser, igual que pes2009,pes2010.. 3 imagenes en movimiento y ya....

hay que esperar al mundial

1 may
la semana que viene no espereis gran informacion.
os lo digo por el hype..la gente le gusta lanzar señuelos para atraer visitas a sus webs.

las noticias importantes que os gusta/ nos gusta a los seguidores de PES se dara comforme se acerque el mundial, y durante el campeonato..

hasta entonces no tendreis grandes noticias

- ahora podeis crear todo el hype que querais, y mentir a los usuarios diciendoles esto esta al 30% esto al 70% esto ha vuelto al 40%....

Back
Top Bottom