PES 2011 Discussion thread

Animations like that have been commented on already time after time. read back like a page or two for your answer.

Animations like that have been commented on already time after time. read back like a page or two for your answer.

Looks like someone's rapidly tapping R2. lets not forget that this is a very early build.

PSM3 editor said:
I wouldn't read too much into this gameplay video in terms of polish, odd animations etc - since it was merely being used as a 'placeholder' so we could hear the chants we'd just recorded live in the game. They certainly weren't playing it properly, hence the odd Ibra shuffle. Although the code we officially played on personal monitors did have some odd animations, it looked a lot better than what we're seeing here when played 'properly'.

I've got to say - as "crappy" as that vid looks - its the best looking football (maybe sports) game ever.
If they get all of the animations in and sort out the refs - this game will be solid.
If that stuff about AI is true and the manual passing is legit - the game will be killer.

Some of you guys just seem to complain for complaining sake or dont know how to take things in context. As the older forum heads always say - dont go completely overboard until the demo.

I've got to say - as "crappy" as that vid looks - its the best looking football (maybe sports) game ever.
If they get all of the animations in and sort out the refs - this game will be solid.
If that stuff about AI is true and the manual passing is legit - the game will be killer.

Some of you guys just seem to complain for complaining sake or dont know how to take things in context. As the older forum heads always say - dont go completely overboard until the demo.

I think you just said it how it is. I completely agree. It looks graphically superb. If the animations match the realism ill be happy. But the AI is just as important, its what made ps2 PES so realaistic. I mean AI both attacking and defensive.

Its the same video, I don't see the point of people taking notice. It was used to show off the Audio and its from May. Augest Gamescom will be the finished product (or near enough) so that's when to take notice.

I kind of wish that in a way we'd never seen this video because people keep talking about it as if it's Konami's own chosen demonstration of the game and that the negative aspects featured within it, such as the animations that haven't been developed yet, are definitely going to be in the final build. It's a bit annoying.

If there's bad things in the OFFICIAL released video of gameplay then we should scrutinise it, but not this one.

If it's true that Fifa is finally going next gen on PC this year, the Pro Evo demo is gonna have to really, really impress me!

Because Fifa is definitely going to go against what its key demographic wants and deliver this stunning and indepth soccer game that oozes realism and doesn't reward cheap play yes?

If it does then brilliant. I can't see it happening, if anything Fifa are bigger spin doctors than Konami. In fairness to them though atleast they masquerade the game's downfalls rather than Konami who...well don't.

In the snippets of the article regarding gameplay aspects it seems to suggest that they're changing all the aspects of Fifa 10 that marred the gameplay. Great, they're changing the aspects of the game that made it stupidly unrealistic. These aspects that were in a game that i was told was a brilliant football game 10/10 worthy (which it wasn't because of those issues). So i'm supposed to believe that Fifa 2011 is going to be absolutely amazing because it'll get the same reviews as Fifa 10 did even though it's almost an admittance that Fifa 10 had big flaws but was still rated ridiculously highly? I don't expect a game to be perfect but it's almost an example of the way that game was overrated.

This is why i don't know who to trust when it comes to Fifa anymore.

Atleast if Pes 2011 gets higher ratings than 2010 i can probably expect that it is a better game (might be slightly better or tons better). Then again i think that PES is fairly rated, even though they rate it against 5/6 and not the previous version, whilst Fifa simply isn't.

Last edited:
I know this is a PES forum but regardless, EA are competition and this is what PES is gonna have to come up against.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ifaOA4crac

This was posted by a Fifa Soccer Blog member.
EA are pulling their sh*t together.

You can tell all of that just by looking at screenshots from a magazine? It's just the usual fluff. Remember the 100 plus additions they supposedly implemented into Manager Mode in FIFA 10? That turned out to be bull. The intelligent AI and tactical re-workings of FIFA 10 - also bull.

EA know how to market and it's obviously worked with you my friend. Don't believe the hype.

You can tell all of that just by looking at screenshots from a magazine? It's just the usual fluff. Remember the 100 plus additions they supposedly implemented into Manager Mode in FIFA 10? That turned out to be bull. The intelligent AI and tactical re-workings of FIFA 10 - also bull.

EA know how to market and it's obviously worked with you my friend. Don't believe the hype.

:APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

How bout we wait till it´s out before calling BS, if I remember right, PES´s 360º control and A.I weren´t up to snuff either.

I obviously meant "pull their sh*t together" by the fact that they seem to be tackling, some of the issues that plague Fifa 10, I´m not getting hyped about anything.

Bull.

Shit.

You mean PES gets a free ride after three years of awful to average football games, with people saying that they're really listening by putting in animations that aren't worse than those in PES 2? While EA make an effort to turn their game around (where's Jimmy's list of 8 reasons why FIFA isn't a sim?) and you turn your nose up at their efforts? Even though most of the things they're looking at fixing are the sorts of things that you want changed, not the millions of casuals who know piss all about individuality or pingpong passing.

You couldn't make it up.

How bout we wait till it´s out before calling BS, if I remember right, PES´s 360º control and A.I weren´t up to snuff either.

I obviously meant "pull their sh*t together" by the fact that they seem to be tackling, some of the issues that plague Fifa 10, I´m not getting hyped about anything.

I mean no offence btw, I'm just saying.

The AI of PES 2010 was improved though and the 360 is there, even if it is only really noticeable in off-ball movements. It's not BS, just as not as good as we all expected. I think the on-ball 360 control was limited by the animations solely, which led to it feeling quite restricted.

I too hope EA pull themselves together, but for me the fundamentals of the FIFA gameplay is broken, so it'll require more than the "tweaks" they've said in that article to make the game a world-beater. A lot of the information in that article screams fluff to me, they're going for quantity over quality again as they did with FIFA 10. I get the impression they haven't addressed the major concerns at all. We'll have to wait and see, but it is just words so far, let's see if they can back up what they've said... Konami have thus far.

Last edited:
Bull.

Shit.

You mean PES gets a free ride after three years of awful to average football games, with people saying that they're really listening by putting in animations that aren't worse than those in PES 2? While EA make an effort to turn their game around (where's Jimmy's list of 8 reasons why FIFA isn't a sim?) and you turn your nose up at their efforts? Even though most of the things they're looking at fixing are the sorts of things that you want changed, not the millions of casuals who know piss all about individuality or pingpong passing.

You couldn't make it up.

I think it's funny. People here being overly cynical (inc. me) to counter how normally overly optimistic everybody else is. If anybody else is like me they're probably annoyed that we were told that Fifa 10 was this brilliant 10/10 worthy game only to find that it had pretty big downfalls that meant it became quite hard to enjoy.

Saying that if they do deliver EXACTLY what they have outlined with none of the flaws that basically hindered fifa 10 then the only people who don't find it to be brilliant will be lying to themselves. I'm willing to give Fifa 2011 a chance but with a lot of things considered, especially that of the wants of their key audience, i will remain sceptical until proven wrong.

I think it's a case of people already having lowered their expectations for PES but have them so high for FIFA (we are told it's much better after all) and yes that is unfair.

I mean no offence btw, I'm just saying.

The AI of PES 2010 was improved though and the 360 is there, even if it is only really noticeable in off-ball movements. It's not BS, just as not as good as we all expected. I think the on-ball 360 control was limited by the animations solely, which led to it feeling quite restricted.

I too hope EA pull themselves together, but for me the fundamentals of the FIFA gameplay is broken, so it'll require more than the "tweaks" they've said in that article to make the game a world-beater. A lot of the information in that article screams fluff to me, they're going for quantity over quality again as they did with FIFA 10. I get the impression they haven't addressed the major concerns at all. We'll have to wait and see, but it is just words so far, let's see if they can back up what they've said... Konami have thus far.

Well fingers crossed we'll get an article from a site more likely to talk about the significance of what most definitely isn't fluff (good luck finding anyone in here who thinks that player individuality, attribute dependence, context sensitive passing accuracy, multiple players challenging for the ball etc are fluff!) than Zoo?

Last edited by a moderator:
And EA unveils something and the war begins.

PES has been poor for the last 3 years, EA have took their game on a lot since then. PES 2010 is average game with worse than BETA animations and FIFA 10 is a good game with some shocking fundamental errors.

Both games look to have stepped up this year(PES moreso but that cause they need to catch up more) normally its pretty one-sided with which game is better but as of right now their both vying for that position which hasn't been the case ever

Also, I don't really get the rivalry, if neither game fails to deliver and we actually end up getting all of the stuff that's been prefigured in these press-releases WE ALL win.

As far as allegedly next-gen footie simulations go, I've mostly been playing FIFA in the past 8-or-so months and after trying the WC game I'm REALLY looking forward to FIFA 11, that being said I for one would gladly welcome the return of our Konamian King (I'd give my Japan NT shirts collection for a decent J.League game on PS3).

Looks fucking shit. While 2010 may have technically had 360 degree dribbling, it really didn't like you using it, and would pull you to the 8 directions as much as possible. This looks the same. Also, doesn't seem like you can make small movements.

PES = shit.

Back
Top Bottom