PES 2011 Discussion thread

Unfortunately it's been discussed for years and we never saw a solution to that.

I for one would probably cry of joy if I saw a solution "à la rFactor" with, let me say, 16 unlicensed national teams and NO MORE when the game comes out but with Konami releasing tools and tutorials on how to create and import unlimited players/teams/leagues/gloves/boots/balls/stadia.

But, again, it's not going to happen anytime soon.
Konami aren't ISI and Konami's mind obviously differs from ISI's one.
Eeeeh :)
if only there was an independent Software House developing a Football sim for modders...
like ISI do with their racing sim.

We just have to hope in skilled modders who can find out a way to edit League structures in ML, just like it happens in Fifa. Or we should open a petition online to ask in millions (eheh) to Konami Boss to develope an internal/external League/ML editor for us.
They could implements many more fake Leagues and teams at least... so we can edit them by ourselves!

But this year I want back the away team chants, please!!!

Last edited:
Had pretty much confirmation from Jon Murphy that at the moment the power bar can not be removed, moved, changed.

"No plans to do this. Once you play you'll find it doesn't get in the way but is key to placing the ball where you want it"

So what it sounds like is basically the power bar also must act as a pointer? sounds like what ISS had on the N64 with the arrow on your circle changing direction whilst you could be in the process of another movement.

No manual shooting confirmed by Jon Murphy:

Not the end of the world but it would have been nice to see it when they're doing manual with everything else.

I'm happy that the shooting isn't fully manual. It could be exploited and IMO make the stats and special abilities like 1-on-1 scoring null and void. Imagine what it would do to the ML in that you wouldn't need to buy that prolific striker who has a knack of finding the back of the net.
Well done Konami.

As long as it lets you pick a spot and then the stats do the rest its fine, its not like passing were theirs so many places to put the ball.

I'm happy that the shooting isn't fully manual. It could be exploited and IMO make the stats and special abilities like 1-on-1 scoring null and void. Imagine what it would do to the ML in that you wouldn't need to buy that prolific striker who has a knack of finding the back of the net.
Well done Konami.

What's to stop you doing that with passing?

As was already said, manual controls do not mean that stats are nullified. It doesn't even mean that in FIFA 10, as that doesn't have stats to begin with.

About the "No fully manual shot this year, sorry", I think it means exactly what it seems to mean. Not fully manual, but still a bit more free. I think. Someone needs to ask him more about this.

Just speak again with penpas:
He confirm me he will release two videos:
One tomorrow or tonight showing the old one in HD.
Another one before the end of week, but NOT showing gameplay.

Hmm, is it that people think fully manual means not stat based at all? And that manual (but not fully) is stat based?

Because manual controls should always be stat based, I thought this was what PES was implementing in 2011 with manual passes? If so, why wouldn't you want manual shooting if you only aim manual and the result is stat based? I don't get it... I should be able to tell Ballack to try to shoot close to the post and then it is up to him to try to do as best as he can, that is manual controls. Current controls are "shoot left ballack" and then he shoots where he feels like at the left side.

Why some people and KONAMI shows gameplay video in bad view. If they want show something it should be good. A lot people are very pesimistic for 3 years and they wait for nice gamepley video. It doesn't matter that they test chants. People look and judge. I never saw beta video from FIFA. They always show to us very good video. They shouldn't make this mistakes.

Last edited:
Why some people and KONAMI shows gameplay video in bad view. If they want show something it should be good. A lot people are very pesimistic for 3 years and they wait for nice gamepley video. It doesn't matter that they test chants. People look and judge. I never saw beta video from FIFA. They always show to us very good video.

I agree to some extent. KONAMI shouldn't allow premature code, because people don't care about code, they just care about what they see.

Exactly! In Polish forums people now judge this video in bad view. They don't care about code. They judge......

True, but for most of us who are real fans, getting gameplay vids has actually hyped us up(most of us), last year we only got screenshots and a bunch of features on paper, pathetic compared to this year.

If this game is gonna turn out to be as amazing as we think it is, then let people talk and hopefully they'll be left with their mouths shut when the game is released.

Exactly! In Polish forums people now judge this video in bad view. They don't care about code. They judge......
It's almost the same on french forums, most people are quite confused and disappointed.
The truth is that PES2011 is suffering from the comparison with Fifa WC.
Personnaly, I'm worried about two things : fluidity and 360° moving.

It's almost the same on french forums, most people are quite confused and disappointed.
The truth is that PES2011 is suffering from the comparison with Fifa WC.
Personnaly, I'm worried about two things : fluidity and 360° moving.

Yes people are disappoited because these video is strange. Quality is bad, players are noob and we can't say a lot about animations&360 degree movement. People are totally confused.

Last edited:
I didn't like the "positioning animation" in the vid, looks really slow. e.g. Ibrahimovic @0:38, but it appeared 1, 2 more times.

No manual shooting confirmed by Jon Murphy:

Not the end of the world but it would have been nice to see it when they're doing manual with everything else.

A good decision by Konami which I'm happy about.

Fifa's semi-assisted shooting should be the model to follow. I want more options as to where I want to place my shot within the goal frame, and then let the stats decide the outcome, but I really don't want to struggle to make a 10 yard finish with a top class striker due to fiddly manual controls.

I didn't like the "positioning animation" in the vid, looks really slow. e.g. Ibrahimovic @0:38, but it appeared 1, 2 more times.
It's completely ridiculous, I agree.

How do Konami believe they can be credible with such things ? I don't know if they're aware of this video, but it's killing their work completely. Hara-kiri.

EA's team must be laughing out loud...

Agreed jamezinho. PES may not be manual but there is a level of control over the shot and please before someone says that you can't place a shot in PES and it is auto aimed that's absolute rubbish. I just had a session of PES2010 and that I can confirm.

Must admit though after playing a nauseating amount of wc2010 and sticking in PES2010 it feels stiff and the passing just about goes anywhere the cpu wants. The shooting and dribbling control is still leagues ahead of fifa though.

Fifa's semi-assisted shooting should be the model to follow. I want more options as to where I want to place my shot within the goal frame, and then let the stats decide the outcome, but I really don't want to struggle to make a 10 yard finish with a top class striker due to fiddly manual controls.

FIFA's semi shooting theory yes is the ebst model.

If you don't aim at the goal it WILL go wide! If you aim at the goal, you will have input in the direction of the shot :))

I know what you mean, but it could be used as an option with a trigger just like passing. So if you're 1 on 1 with a top striker you could just press shoot as always and not hold down L2 to trigger manual shot. Isn't that how passing will work pretty much? Semi-assisted with just pressing a pass and manual with the trigger. I never meant I expected manual shots only.

I know what you mean, but it could be used as an option with a trigger just like passing. So if you're 1 on 1 with a top striker you could just press shoot as always and not hold down L2 to trigger manual shot. Isn't that how passing will work pretty much? Semi-assisted with just pressing a pass and manual with the trigger. I never meant I expected manual shots only.

I must admit, that's how I thought the shooting was going to work - assisted as standard with a manual modifier option using L2. But as Zeemeister said, shooting in PES2010 is not totally automated (or like a quick-time event as some say) and requires good timing and using the player's stronger foot. Add a little more freedom and I think it will feel even more satisfying to score in PES.

I must admit, that's how I thought the shooting was going to work - assisted as standard with a manual modifier option using L2. But as Zeemeister said, shooting in PES2010 is not totally automated (or like a quick-time event as some say) and requires good timing and using the player's stronger foot. Add a little more freedom and I think it will feel even more satisfying to score in PES.

Yeah, I think they've probably have done something with the shooting, because the press release says:

The PES Production team has enhanced the 360-degree passing ratio, offering unprecedented levels of control over every pass, shot, headed ball, throw-in, and through ball.

So even if it doesn't have manual option they've probably made it a bit more semi-manual than before. Hopefully they nail the feeling of being in control but with the individuality of the player.

Uh boy, this turmoil again, Nick Cave must be giddy with excitement at how right he was lol.

I say we wait till E3 or gamescom.

Yea Anderson, I totally saw that message that you deleted, don´t be so immature man...

Last edited:
Yea Anderson, I totally saw that message, don´t be so immature man...

Impulse, sorry to the Mods (cause they are able to see it even deleted).

But yeah, why is he bringing WENB to this topic? People keep doing it. He just did it because he just insulted everyone in WENB and said "yeah, you can ban me now".

Some are just looking for a motive to call us (PES fans) fanboys and stupid. Well, as far as I know, I am a fanboy.

Unbelievable. It's like bipolar digitized and socialized, and that's without solid information.

Moving on, there seems to be some contradicting information. Penpas says 360 (32 way) movement, PEM3 (apparently) says 16 way, though I didn't see that in their play-test article. I really wanna see this gameplay video now, I've gone from excitement to anxiety.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom