PES 2011 Discussion thread

Yes Ibrahimovic shot at the end was nice but why keeper did't use hand? The same not realistic diving as Pes 2010.

As mentioned countless of times, the video clearly shows the game is on dev mode(look at the characters/numbers on the sides of the screen). By no means anywhere near a finished product. I wouldn't be surprised if the keeper suddenly disappeared or sank underneath the turf.

Things like this will be ironed out if they find it during development. If it's still like that in the final game, complain all you want.

But I'm sure they've had enough feedback about the keepers from PES2010.

The camera rising up looks great. It'll be good to see this game running via direct feed rather than off screen - the ubercontrast and blurriness does often flatter, like blurring your eyes to stop you seeing the telltale differences.

It'll be interesting to see footy games in the next gen possibly have those cameras behind the goals, which you can see rising up over and around the goal etc, or those cameras that race along on wires above the pitch.

As mentioned it's a very early build so a lot of it will look crappy compared to finished products sitting in our consoles. You have to cut it a lot of slack for poor animation changeovers etc at this stage.

Yeah, I agree. Hope they have some authentic team chants in there, and league specific goal shouts.There's a significant difference between this...

I don't understand why fifa and pes have not done this,I have been wanting this since pes 6.

also one guy there isnt using the power bar for barca,probably means we can turn it off or else it only comes up with manual passing and shooting

Could it be that the guy playing with barca was playing with the d-pad because all his movements looked 8-directional.

Also, it looks like the clips in the psm video where form a later build because when you see the striker anticipating on that hrough ball it looks a lot more fluid

Could it be that the guy playing with barca was playing with the d-pad because all his movements looked 8-directional.

Also, it looks like the clips in the psm video where form a later build because when you see the striker anticipating on that hrough ball it looks a lot more fluid

I was thinking (more like hoping) that too. There's still a big core of PES players that use the d-pad. Then again, why would you use the d-pad to try out a game with the tagline ''engineered for freedom''?

I was thinking (more like hoping) that too. There's still a big core of PES players that use the d-pad. Then again, why would you use the d-pad to try out a game with the tagline ''engineered for freedom''?

maybe because the point of that demonstration was the sound and the guy that had the controller was probably a konami guy who obviously wasnt paying that much attention, i dunno.

I really hope that they'll boost the response time and then i will be verry happy

That's the first PES vid I've seen in the past 3 or 4 years that has aroused any interest within me. The pass at 1:20 in particular, as it doesn't go straight to the receiver, although there are a few of the more traditional scripted-straight-to-the-man ping-pong type passes, which I really wish they'd ditch.

Generally, the slower speed looks better, the ball seems to have decent weight and ball physics seems to be a step forward.

Now this was worth waiting for, PROPER evidence. Thanks mr_man (oh and thanks for posting the other Playstation previews earlier. Shame all this info is arriving 4 days later than the proposed flood of information, yet again the usual suspects putting the cart before the horse and embarrassing themselves with the hype.

I can see lots of improvement in only the snippet of gameplay and the manual pass at 1:20, as winston points out, looks VERY promising. This is only an early build you can tell, but fear not there's still a few months dev time to iron out all the inconsistencies before it goes gold. Can't wait to see more videos.

I don't understand why fifa and pes have not done this,I have been wanting this since pes 6.

The thing is they had this in PES3. If you set the crowd support to 'Neutral' it sounded like Serie A... I mean SERIOUSLY like Serie A, and if you set it to 'Home & Away' it sounded exactly like the Premiership.

Okay nice videos again it's early days so it's not feasible to judge the bugs as it will most certainly be fixed for the final build. As for the last 3 pages...tsk, tsk guys there's nothing wrong with criticism but there's no need to get personal.

@romagnoli I recommended the speed button on R2 on that feedback thing on pesfan. It would be awesome to have the speed in relation to how much the button is pressed. If you don't press it at all the player should walk and if you press it down hard it must systematically go into pace according to the players acceleration and speed stats.

also one guy there isnt using the power bar for barca,probably means we can turn it off or else it only comes up with manual passing and shooting

Nice to have comfirmation,my previous 2 posts seem to have some validation :SHOCK: Dont mind me though carry on as usual.

amazing cam view...,the nets looks the same as PES 2010,
but ok ...we're in june... LOL

To take impressions from a brief video is nonsensical.

For an early build it looks promising esp.with the freedom in that long pass across the field. Looks more lifelike.

huh?

Isn't your second sentence your own impressions based on that video though?

I'm not referring to gameplay though which is what was being criticized.

Looking at gameplay would require a lengthy video and several hours of playing time with the full build.

I'm not referring to gameplay though which is what was being criticized.

Looking at gameplay would require a lengthy video and several hours of playing time with the full build.

Ah now I understand. Yeah I agree with you on that. You could even go further and say that you really need to play the game yourself to get the real feel for the gameplay. If we see miss placed passes or 100% accurate passing or wonky twisting and turning we don't know if that's the game or if the player was meaning to do all of that.

Like in that video a few posts back - there is a few moments where the player with the ball does a little jiggy dance. Like the animation is screwed... but that could be the player was tapping r2 over and over trying to do tricks and it just kept repeating the starting animation of him trapping the ball.

What do you guys think about the scoreboard? is the champions league one or the normal game one. because i prefer letters it looks more real..please tell mehttp://img2.generation-nt.com/pes-2011-3_00626901.jpg

Ah now I understand. Yeah I agree with you on that. You could even go further and say that you really need to play the game yourself to get the real feel for the gameplay. If we see miss placed passes or 100% accurate passing or wonky twisting and turning we don't know if that's the game or if the player was meaning to do all of that.

Like in that video a few posts back - there is a few moments where the player with the ball does a little jiggy dance. Like the animation is screwed... but that could be the player was tapping r2 over and over trying to do tricks and it just kept repeating the starting animation of him trapping the ball.

I know most of the diehard PES gamers are praying that this will be the year that it get's back to the pinnacle ie PES6 being the last summit of sucess.

And I will hold fire until the full build comes out because for a couple of years we've been expecting better than what we received and consequently felt rather deflated.

However it was mentioned that it is still a relatively early build and that many of those transitional animations have to be included.

A lot of people make panicked comments on the basis of these videos which is unfair to the developers and themselves.

For example the goalkeeper did not come out to close the angle in one of the videos. Presumably because the game is on the beginner setting. One cannot be certain of course but then we get a stream of derogatory or despairing comments. ;)

Patience is hard to contain but we should all wait for feedback from a variety of sources on the later builds and their impressions (and of course take some of their biases into account as well) before pronouncing PES2011 as the best football simulation ever or yet another 'disappointment'.

Back
Top Bottom