PES 2011 Discussion thread

I think it looks good. A few animations need tightening up but overall they look much more fluid and organic than PES2010. Hard to get any real kind of gauge on the AI though, considering the guys on the pads were more d*cking around than actually playing to win.

Last edited:
I think PES 5 had the correct balance in dribbling. It really made you appreciate those with good control and dribbling stats. It had a lovely difference between your speed dribblers like Ronaldo and you tight control ball manipulating dribblers such as Zidane. Making them both as deadly as each other in different ways. This has been lost on next-gen, it has become about signing the fastest players.

From what we know about PES 2011, i hope the slowing down of the game and only 15-20 players have a speed star, makes the game more challenging and rewards us signing players like Xavi, Prilo etc, who can dictate the game.

Agreed, they need to nerf the speed. Or at least buff the importance of quality, slow players.

considering that was demonstrating the sound in the game, i dont know what to make of the video, except game speed looked alot slower and thats off a camera which normally speeds things up. Graphics looked good, but animations obviously need tightening up. You can see why konami has not released gameplay yet themselves, the game is not finished enough to show.

It's look and feel really .... bad.. omg ... but it's very alpha build .

I don't know if you just saw my previous post but i quoted you before you added the last bit on so ignore.

It does obviously look terrible in that it's not a finished product, but everybody knows the game is nowhere near finished. The animations aren't finished (clearly visible), the tackling system isn't finished (clearly visible), the players position isn't finished (clearly visible) and it looks like whoever was playing it is fundamentally not used to the game so they're struggling.

The one thing you can take from it is the new camera system, the slower speed, the more organic looking gameplay as has been alluded to, both shots looked pretty realistic as well (they were close to the ground and didn't get loads of power on a la PES 2010) and you can see one pass which is put towards the side of one player.

Another interesting point is that, from this video atleast (might be different in the final build), the AI doesn't automatically try and tackle a player. From the beginning of the game the Barca player stands still and is crowded by 3 United players who stand off him. In pes 2010 it was annoying because the AI controlled players would always try to tackle you in a really incompetent way.

Last edited:
Nice. I didn't expect to get a glimpse of the game this early. :D

Its evident that animations haven't been completely implemented.

I liked the Ibrahimovic shot at the end, it had a 'feel' where he really put his foot through it when taking the shot.

Nevertheless it was funny to see the players shivering when in holding(R2) mode. They really need to get rid of that. I'd like a decent "walking with the ball" animation or more 'composed' if yer like whenever the player who has the ball knows he's got time and space. (Sort of like when players taking their time passing the ball about knowing the closest opposing player is miles away.)

It does look much more fluid, although very very much flawed, but fluid, and different. You can actually see from here how the core of the game changed.

They still have some work ahead of them. A few transitional animations need to be added to smooth it out.

Tbh the code the guy is running is probably much older than the rest of what we have seen, in terms of the animations that are lacking here. He simply doesn't need the latest code available to do his part of the work (recording sounds and implement them).

Looks good, but obviously unfinished. Bah, we need a proper full match gameplay video either between 2 good players or 1 player vs cpu on professional or top player, when the game's almost done.

the pace is superb IMO, the shooting was very realistic too =p, Im really looking forward the final result, its look very interesting and definaltly will have a more debt gameplay than FIFA 11 thats for sure.

I was enjoying that Milito video till Andy Gray started talking and it made me thankful that he'll never be on a PES game. :)

But yeh there's a difference, they had league specific chants for PES 2010 but it wasn't good. It needs individualising more, there needs to be more emphasis on the crowd and the balance between commentary and crowd noise should be levelled. There's not enough atmosphere, it's constant sure but it's constantly quite low. It never raises really high or dips to such a low volume which sometimes happens in football if a team is losing badly.

What were the earlier PES' like in terms of sound? All i remember was that the crowds used to wave huge flags everywhere. I remember watching J-League weekly many years ago and it looked exactly like the crowd in PES.

Obviously a lot of work needs to be done and that video was taken in the sound recording room to focus on the audio they just recorded from the press for the chants. But I did like the pass to Park Ji Sung at 1:19. Very free and looks a lot more fluid and organic.

I´m gonna go ahead and assume that´s the running animation we´ll be stuck with.. hmm it looks kind of strange(the Park Ji Sung one)

That video definitely shows the progression from last year's game. The pace looks more realistic and the ball and players seem to move more freely. It's very rough around the edges, but encouraging.

I particularly liked the curled pass from Valencia to J.S. Park at 1:20. (edit: Billy beat me to it.)

But I don't see why you need to have control over it. Even if you are giving a bad player the perfect situation for a pass, the pass will still not be perfect most of the times because of his stats.

I shouldn't be able to run with the ball control of CRonaldo with bad players, even if I'm a good "gamer", it should be impossible in a football simulation game.

Individuality like this makes you play different depending on what player you are controlling. Just like you shouldn't keep playing hard long through balls with Busquets, you would pass it to Xavi because his stats are more suited for it.

Pedro and Messi are probably as fast as another, but running with Pedro should be like in real life, uncertainty in how every touch of the ball is compared to Messi's almost perfect touch even when he's running. So instead of learning how to master Pedro to be as Messi, you simply wouldn't try to play him like Messi because it's just not realistic. It doesn't mean the players have constantly bad touches that makes it impossible to move forward, it's just that they're not 100% perfect all the time.

I totally agree with your ideas, Gab, and I think it's something that could easily be implemented into the current generation of football games. It's just a case of coding dribbling errors into the game that is related to the player's dribbling accuracy/speed stats. Players with low dribbling stats could make random errors such as knocking the ball too far ahead or stumbling over the ball, which would occur more frequently as the player's stamina drops. I think it would add so much character to the gameplay and make the good dribblers feel even more special.

Nice. I didn't expect to get a glimpse of the game this early. :D

Its evident that animations haven't been completely implemented.

I liked the Ibrahimovic shot at the end, it had a 'feel' where he really put his foot through it when taking the shot.

Nevertheless it was funny to see the players shivering when in holding(R2) mode. They really need to get rid of that. I'd like a decent "walking with the ball" animation or more 'composed' if yer like whenever the player who has the ball knows he's got time and space. (Sort of like when players taking their time passing the ball about knowing the closest opposing player is miles away.)

Yes Ibrahimovic shot at the end was nice but why keeper did't use hand? The same not realistic diving as Pes 2010.

hmmm ... i watch this video maybe 20 times.. and the game more and more look like a fifa for me, just with this turns , tricks and etc... i don't know ... maybe I'm wrong ... but f*ck look so close to the fifa !!!

At 0:26 in the video, for the first time, ever really in football games i actually said, 'fuck me'! That looks good (graphics)

lol the game is very strppied down! Very bare bones it seems. But the animations do look very promising! Players finally move like humans :)

Last edited:
hmmm ... i watch this video maybe 20 times.. and the game more and more look like a fifa for me, just with this turns , tricks and etc... i don't know ... maybe I'm wrong ... but f*ck look so close to the fifa !!!

Yes the turns look very similiar to Fifa. And the main "jogging animation" also looks REALLY similar to Fifa. Which isn't bad, considering that "how the game looks, like football" is what Fifa gets best.

Last edited:
that video is looking very promising indeed i can't wait seriously they run like men and not robots and the game seems to have life in it

Back
Top Bottom