PES 2011 Discussion thread

How long does it take to implement some animations? Because it's taking years to Konami. What conclusion can I get from that? Are they a bunch of incompetents, are they straight-out lying, or both? I'd say it's a bit of both, with proof.

And Konami still have about 1000 more to add? 1000? After all this time? lol? Does that smell of BS or what? Yes it does.

The Totti animation:

sc58xf.gif

How can you run like that while jostling with another player? You can't, Totti's body turns ackwardly and he continues running almost sideways lol, that's not realstically possible, and he stops looking at the ball. Also, it looks like he's punching Pique in the guts with his right hand LOL! Footballer's don't move like that.

And other problem i see now .. look Barca player before he touch the ball.. how he move like that without lifting his feet off the ground, just slide?? it's is not a Ice i guest!
Just in 2 sec of the video so much animation problems for fixed

Actually I think that's a problem with the gif. It could be easily be an animation problem (just like the other I mentioned), but it looks like he takes two small steps before stopping. A bit like in the teaser.

How long does it take to implement some animations? Because it's taking years to Konami. What conclusion can I get from that? Are they a bunch of incompetents, are they straight-out lying, or both? I'd say it's a bit of both, with proof.

And Konami still have about 1000 more to add? 1000? After all this time? lol? Does that smell of BS or what? Yes it does.

The Totti animation:

sc58xf.gif

How can you run like that while jostling with another player? You can't, Totti's body turns ackwardly and he continues running almost sideways lol, that's not realstically possible.

Shut up, no one said they had 1000 more animations to add. Stop fucking trying to find things to pick on. If you don't like it, don't comment on it. What are you even doing on this forum? If Konami are the "incompetents" you're saying, then there's no point on being here. And if you want to criticize, try to be a bit smart.

wtf?
Why should he not comment if he doesn't like??

It doesn't look promising so far, more like fifa rip-off.

Actually I think that's a problem with the gif. It could be easily be an animation problem (just like the other I mentioned), but it looks like he takes two small steps before stopping. A bit like in the teaser.

No , but you are right for other...it's a May's build ! Maybe is normal to have bugs and glitches like that , we all know that ... let's don't take to serious all this . But there to much and to far the time before we can see other information or gameplay video and that why now we look all of a magnifying glass, because we still had enough over the years to give us an unfinished game :) Pls... not this time .

Last edited:
Here's a couple of nice gifs that Elvis created over at WENB. I hope he doesn't mind me posting them here:

sc58xf.gif

2namhdw.gif

I don't see much wrong with the running animations in either of these.

There aren't any running animations in the second one. I think the running animation by the player out wide looks pretty odd, but a better example is in the Youtube vid during, the bit immediately after that gif, with the running through on goal. I think it looks shoddy. But then I haven't been playing much PES 2010 this year.

The Totti animation:

sc58xf.gif

How can you run like that while jostling with another player? You can't, Totti's body turns ackwardly and he continues running almost sideways lol, that's not realstically possible, and he stops looking at the ball. Also, it looks like he's punching Pique in the guts with his right hand LOL! Footballer's don't move like that.

This animation actually looks great. So life-like.

I do think the jostling looks great. It gives you a lot more information about what's going on in the game - it's not just for show. I agree with everyone on those slidey animations for that passing gif - it's just unfinished.

And other problem i can see now .. look the Barca player before he touch the ball.. how he move like that , without lifting his feet off the ground, just slide?? it's is not a Ice i guest!
Just in 2 sec of the video so much animation problems for fixed

See...

That actually doesn't mean there's no transition. Just means it's faulty. The press said this, that animations had alot of glitches to be fixed, stuff to be added, transitions to be smoothened.

So much for not answering, lmao. Sad.

JimboPL, then I assume you'd have no problem showing me a real-life jostling between 2 pro footballers exactly like that one.

I'll eagerly await. :))

Unfortunately I'm way too impulsive to not answer. So, you win the internet! And a bucket more of attention! :BOP: Shame all these posts will be deleted.

imo it's ridiculous to have such "fights" between players, I watch a lot football and you barely see it. Hate it in FIFA as well.

The Totti animation:

sc58xf.gif

straw_mouth.jpg

Huh? Who said it had anything to do with my point? I happen to agree with what Pete said. Got a problem?

You probably can't read. I said "footballers don't move like that", but you can't connect the dots, it's a lost cause.

I'm still awaiting a real-life jostling identical to that one, since it's so "life-like".

Last edited:
Too much over analysing going on here for such an early build,and come on guys you are looking for perfection in animations that clearly are unfinished.Why bother nit picking yet? In comparison remember last year at gamescom after the video's were shown? and the actual demo was miles better than the gamescom build.With this in mind at this early stage i am well pleased,And lets not forget this is a computer game and not real life.

As for the pass/power gauge i think it is a great addition because it adds a whole new level of randomness to the gameplay, and i am sure i read or heard somewhere that the gauge only becomes visible when holding R2 and executing the pass (if i find it i will post) .

39119150.jpg

Calm down ladies:OOOH:.

I'll reiterate. Wait for a proper gameplay video before making conclusive statements. The game is still very much work in progress at this stage.

If you're admitting it happens then why is it ridiculous?

Not sure I get your point here.

My god.. lol..

There are no similarities between the 2. The real-life valencia player is being hold from behind with much force, he'a almost running backwards, and he isn't touching the ball.

So again, how is the Totti 1 so "life-like"?

Back
Top Bottom