PES 2011 Discussion thread

Here's an idea:

Perhaps Konami have yet to implement the full set of new animations yet?

I don't wish to sound like a particular owner of another PES website, but PSM3 and all the other journos went to see PES2011 a few weeks back. That was mid-May, five months before the game is due to be released. Still plenty of time for improvement.

Now I'm not saying the animations are going to be perfect in PES2011, but from the small gameplay clips seen so far it's quite apparent that new animations are mixed in with the old at this stage. Konami have said that there's a thousand new animations in this game. Add that to IK and I'm sure PES2011 will move quite nicely indeed.

I'm waiting for Gamescom before passing too much judgement on the animations, but if everything ends up looking as good as the jostling in the recent video then we have nothing to worry about.

I actually think there are alot of animations to be implemented (that probably are already being implemented as we speak), journos reported that many stuff was missing, including transition animations, some tackling ones and other.

But I think running one's are already implemented and pretty much finished, and tbh, form that video, the very few seconds I see don't look bad. It's not like FIFA nails them in the first place, lol.

But I think we are yet to see a video that makes up our mind about animations, and the game itself. Let's see what we get with E3.

I would say it's still soon to say "what you see now is what you get in October", at least until Gamescom. Then with Gamescom yes, you can be sure it's what we're getting on the final code, don't even talk about "early code" by August, lol.

I don't see much wrong with the running animation shown when Totti was running and I agree with Jamez that its most likely theirs a quite a bit left for them to put in. I'm sure their will be some PES 2010 animations in their but the key will be that (I hope anyway) the percentage will be 15-20% old with the new 1000 adding to that, the game doesn't need to move perfectly like FIFA but the point is PES 2010/9/8 have moved so bad and crap its hampered the game extremely.

I don't see much wrong with the running animation shown when Totti was running and I agree with Jamez that its most likely theirs a quite a bit left for them to put in. I'm sure their will be some PES 2010 animations in their but the key will be that (I hope anyway) the percentage will be 15-20% old with the new 1000 adding to that, the game doesn't need to move perfectly like FIFA but the point is PES 2010/9/8 have moved so bad and crap its hampered the game extremely.

FIFA doesn't move perfectly. I don't like the standard running animation tbh.

Here's an idea:

Perhaps Konami have yet to implement the full set of new animations yet?

I don't wish to sound like a particular owner of another PES website, but PSM3 and all the other journos went to see PES2011 a few weeks back. That was mid-May, five months before the game is due to be released. Still plenty of time for improvement.

Now I'm not saying the animations are going to be perfect in PES2011, but from the small gameplay clips seen so far it's quite apparent that new animations are mixed in with the old at this stage. Konami have said that there's a thousand new animations in this game. Add that to IK and I'm sure PES2011 will move quite nicely indeed.

I'm waiting for Gamescom before passing too much judgement on the animations, but if everything ends up looking as good as the jostling in the recent video then we have nothing to worry about.

Exactly. The game was shown in the second week of May so it is still extremely early. A lot of things still need to be implemented, tested and tweaked before August. Also we don't know anything much about game modes and licenses because its too early for such stuff to be finalised. What you see in Gamescom in August will be pretty much how the game looks apart from it obviously being more polished come October.

If you're happy with the running animations then that's fine and is a matter of opinion (I think it's bloody poor), as long as nobody genuinely thinks Konami would put jostling animations into the game before implementing new running animations / standing stances and therefore thinks they will change from the vids.

If you're happy with the running animations then that's fine and is a matter of opinion (I think it's bloody poor), as long as nobody genuinely thinks Konami would put jostling animations into the game before implementing new running animations / standing stances and therefore thinks they will change from the vids.

Are you referring to PES 2011? How can you say it's bloody poor? Ah well, opinions.

Even though FIFA currently has the better animations PES' players have always looked better and more lifelke than FIFA's hunchback style/stick-men style. So to state the obvious PES 2011 with a better animation system is likely going to look very good.

I think the running animation in Fifa is poor. It kind of looks a bit robotic once a player gets up to full speed. It lets down an otherwise very good (if a little OTT) animation set.

PES2010 has many poor animations but it also has some very good ones, too. I hope Konami keep the good ones and add the new ones on top. The main problem with PES2010 was that the animations didn't link together very well, not helped by the lack of freedom of movement.

And PES2011 is supposed to have a number of different running styles, so it's quite possible that they've not all been implemented yet. This is Konami, they like to do things differently.

Player models are quite a different matter. PES's players have consistently been more lifelike in stills. I do appreciate that animations will be much improved - a great relief as 2010 made my body's immune system try to reject my eyes. I'm
just saying that it's a shame the running is still so videogamey rather than based on the real world.

And PES2011 is supposed to have a number of different running styles, so it's quite possible that they've not all been implemented yet. This is Konami, they like to do things differently.

This. Am I the only one that's noticed the significant difference between Totti's running animation at 0:56 and the one at 1:04?

This. Am I the only one that's noticed the significant difference between Totti's running animation at 0:56 and the one at 1:04?

0:56 is PES2010. Sprinting with the ball is still bad. I hope they still have enough time to completely change this animation.
I agree, there are some good animations in PES2010 but runnig and sprinting with the ball are not one of them. They should completely throw it away and make new from a scratch, not just polish them. Come on, Pro Evolution Soccer 3 had better running animations.

Last edited:
0:56 is PES2010. Sprinting with the ball is still bad. I hope they still have enough time to completely change this animation.
I agree, there are some good animations in PES2010 but runnig and sprinting with the ball are not one of them. They should completely throw it away and make new from a scratch, not just polish them. Come on, Pro Evolution Soccer 3 had better running animations.

And that's what he is saying, compare how everyone is running in the PES 2010 footage with everything else you see in that video, from PES 2011 obviously.

How do you know they are just polishing it? I mean cmon, even if "1000 new animations" is just a number, surely they didn't just polished the running ones, they have to be (and seems to be) completely new.

IT LOOKS DIFFERENT, if you don't see it, I don't know what to say or do to change your mind. Only proper videos will do that I guess.

It's hard to judge from the 2 seconds of animation, but i clearly see chicken run in 1:06 when he sprints with the ball..
I don't mean all the runing animations are bad. Running WITHOUT the ball is not bad even in PES2010. It's quite good imo.
But that sprinting in 1:06 still looks like 2010.
Ok, let's just wait for better gameplay videos to fully judge it.

It's hard to judge from the 2 seconds of animation, but i clearly see chicken run in 1:06 when he sprints with the ball..
I don't mean all the runing animations are bad. Running WITHOUT the ball is not bad even in PES2010. It's quite good imo.
But that sprinting in 1:06 still looks like 2010.
Ok, let's just wait for better gameplay videos to fully judge it.

It doesn't look like PES 2010. I admit it looks clumsy and strange, but on PES 2010 players would bend their knees to infinity and stretch their legs and arms away from the body, lol. But yeah, we have seen way too few.

0:56 is PES2010. Sprinting with the ball is still bad. I hope they still have enough time to completely change this animation. I agree, there are some good animations in PES2010 but runnig and sprinting with the ball are not one of them. They should completely throw it away and make new from a scratch, not just polish them. Come on, Pro Evolution Soccer 3 had better running animations.

And that's what he is saying, compare how everyone is running in the PES 2010 footage with everything else you see in that video, from PES 2011 obviously.

How do you know they are just polishing it? I mean cmon, even if "1000 new animations" is just a number, surely they didn't just polished the running ones, they have to be (and seems to be) completely new.

IT LOOKS DIFFERENT, if you don't see it, I don't know what to say or do to change your mind. Only proper videos will do that I guess.

Sorry, I meant 1:00.

Here's a couple of nice gifs that Elvis created over at WENB. I hope he doesn't mind me posting them here:

sc58xf.gif

2namhdw.gif

I don't see much wrong with the running animations in either of these.

Here's a couple of nice gifs that Elvis created over at WENB. I hope he doesn't mind me posting them here:

sc58xf.gif

2namhdw.gif

I don't see much wrong with the running animations in either of these.

I agree. look at the player outside Totti sprinting to join the play. Looks good, no zombie motion.

I agree. look at the player outside Totti sprinting to join the play. Looks good, no zombie motion.

no linking animation on that player though
but hey, they said they were going to add those and that we will see the result in a video during e3 period

psm3presents.gif

:SHOCK: How he do that turn ?? Maybe it's magic!
One Gif from me :P
psm3presentspes2011prev.gif
And ... what is this :

Is is from PES 2011 ?? Master League or BaL ? Hmmm

Just one of the imperfections the press mentioned, animations weren't finished. You can see other stuff on the same vid like players freezing and skating, some transitions missing.

Yeah m8 :) i know that but look funny :P now.. but in PES 2010 there so much glitches like that !!

the right player, look

And other problem i can see now .. look the Barca player before he touch the ball.. how he move like that , without lifting his feet off the ground, just slide?? it's is not a Ice i guest!
Just in 2 sec of the video so much animation problems for fixed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom