PES 2011 Discussion thread

Guys, i made one montage with the gameplay zoom video from the Tour .
But the problem is... i can't see from that gameplay noting even close to that Teaser with Messi :CONFUSE: Look like PES 2010 , 1 : 1 . Now uploaded the video .

Last edited:
Shame most of the players have the same stand animation in there, I hope we can tweak the cameras to suit, for 2vAI you need to see a lot of pitch...

I actually play broadcast view on PES 2010 with my mate, its surprisingly easy and the graphics are amazing. But you do have to use the radar alot more. But its not dynamic, this year it is so it may work even better.

Also if you look at the other pics on that slideshow comparing kick off to real life, you can see different animations, some stretching, clapping etc. Big improvement from the zombies of PES 2010

good post from a guy i can realte to since we both used to play FIFA 09 manual online, i know he's a very good player who understands football.

Yes, it's unfortunate but people take one look at the animations and run a mile :)

The best thing about the game is the amount of ways and meothds you can play football in the game and how i simulates it with good balance. I love how defending deep will really hurt you attackingwise, there has been many a football game where doing this is seen as 'exploitation' but no in PES 2010 however :)

I was gonna reply to your post a while back, Klash (I will bat joe :) ) but I think I got distracted. We had some good games, I remember that league was quite frustrating though, so many 0-0 draws or score draws, hardly anyone could finish lol. I haven't have time to participate in a league for a while, but when the PES 2010 demo came around I ditched FIFA, it just didn't compare. I keep stressing the depth, it seems quite a few people are agreeing and seeing it too :)

Guys, i made one montage with the gameplay video of the Tour .
But the problem is... i can't see from that gameplay noting even close to that Teaser with Messi :CONFUSE: Look like PES 2010 , 1 : 1 . Now uploaded the video .

that's what i was thinking, too.

Guys, i made one montage with the gameplay zoom video from the Tour .

There's a reason game-play vids haven't been released yet. You need to reserve judgment until you have seen a proper game-play vid with a proper camera angle.

I will also be waiting until i have played the game before making assumptions this year, games can look brilliant and feel crap, until i play the game and feel for myself the subtle changes that have made pes great in the past, im not gonna judge. If theyre not there then. . . . .well :RANT:

whats good with this cam ?

if ur on the other side u barely see what ur doin there...
its not an good cam, it needs to be higher

edit:
still programming on XP :p

Im hoping they have something similar to the "walking pace" and stopping dead as they have in Fifa, It just doesnt come off that well in PES 10.

Also hoping that in Master League you can edit players apperances/accessories throughout the season so say if there is a new update with new boots then you can update your player or other players in your team so you keep up to date with it.

Would like to hear better chants and sounds from the crowd when scoring and a louder one for an equaliser or stoppage time winner would be nice.

A feature/mode that would be pretty good to play would be a Derby mode where they have all the derbys from each comp and the international rivalries in the game put into one mode where the crowd is alot more vocal and loud and the commontators actually talk about the history and past matches between the clubs/countries. Also the ref's let a little bit more go then usual. You could have a bonus for finishing each derby where you could unlock classic kits from both clubs/countries. It probably wont happen due to the lack of licenses for some leagues and clubs but they could make it work with what they got licensed already.

Other than that im looking forward to seeing new gameplay videos in the near future and bring on the demo....in a few months haha

Maybe something is wrong with me but players models on this screenshot looks similar to FIFA's? oh no please say that is not true.......

naaa... the shoulders in fifa models are (mmmm, a word... falling) like and ET. In PES, according the screens, no.

In The lasts PES the models were like playmobiles with a diferente head, i think they change for good. Now are more athletic.

sorry for my english guys :))

Hey wheres these fake dudes Ronaldinho_23 and Van_Persi? Since the news dropped in they seem to have dropped out. The natural reaction I would expect is to finally discuss the stuff they claimed to know. I know R_23 had a good contact last year but I guess he spoiled it as he knows **** this time.

The other guy Van_Persi is even a bigger fool as he is only telling stuff Adam from WENB told before. There is NOTHING he actually knew.

Sorry, but I had to let it out cuz I cant stand stupid **** like that especially if there is such a great reaction from everyone. People should get banned for talking **** or at least get a card from the mods.

Hey wheres these fake dudes Ronaldinho_23 and Van_Persi? Since the news dropped in they seem to have dropped out. The natural reaction I would expect is to finally discuss the stuff they claimed to know. I know R_23 had a good contact last year but I guess he spoiled it as he knows **** this time.

The other guy Van_Persi is even a bigger fool as he is only telling stuff Adam from WENB told before. There is NOTHING he actually knew.

Sorry, but I had to let it out cuz I cant stand stupid **** like that especially if there is such a great reaction from everyone. People should get banned for talking **** or at least get a card from the mods.

First of all, you want me to ban someone while you're flaming... meh.

Second, I don't like banning people unless they're truly asking for it. I saw no harm with whatever R_23 and Van persie posted, but I do take note of what is going on.

So please, let the mods do their work, and we don't need to be told who to ban and not to.

Stick to the rules, don't flame, don't wind up, stay on-topic, have constructive debates, and you should be fine.

Thank you very much.

That gameplay video was a good idea but the music almost gave me a heart attack.

I listened to the whole PSM podcast and found it very entertaining. Think I will download some more of those.

That gameplay video was a good idea but the music almost gave me a heart attack.

I listened to the whole PSM podcast and found it very entertaining. Think I will download some more of those.

They ban my original song , was Disturbed - Deify .. and i put random song from AudioSwap section.. there song sux monkey ball :/ i will try to found some better .

Expander - I don't think PES's pressuring idea is that bad - it does make sense in a way, as it's intuitive to press towards the ball if you want to challenge and away if you want to backpedal - but to me it fails as soon as you're side-by-side with your opponent, trying to win the ball. Or at least, that's when the system has a problem to overcome.

I also agree that it'd be better to encourage people to control the player themselves more, rather than let the game follow the player for you. The consideration there is the bottom end of the range of user ability - there's nothing you can criticise about trying to get people weaned off of everything being automated, but it's a case of making the changes step by step IMO. In a sense, radical overhauls of a game like this is a bad idea compared to gradually morphing into something more complicated. It's why a lot of people think the left stick dribbling in FIFA is bad - in reality they're just playing something very different from PES.

yeah was suspicious of those 2. The impressions has confirmed my suspicions, why do some people bother. Not flaming, just an opinion. From that video montage how can anyone write the game off?

Why do they still insist on that goal nets? It's ridiculous!
Ande I agree that the game really looks like PES 2010, but we didn't see an official gameplay, so it can be different

Expander - I don't think PES's pressuring idea is that bad - it does make sense in a way, as it's intuitive to press towards the ball if you want to challenge and away if you want to backpedal - but to me it fails as soon as you're side-by-side with your opponent, trying to win the ball. Or at least, that's when the system has a problem to overcome.

I also agree that it'd be better to encourage people to control the player themselves more, rather than let the game follow the player for you. The consideration there is the bottom end of the range of user ability - there's nothing you can criticise about trying to get people weaned off of everything being automated, but it's a case of making the changes step by step IMO. In a sense, radical overhauls of a game like this is a bad idea compared to gradually morphing into something more complicated. It's why a lot of people think the left stick dribbling in FIFA is bad - in reality they're just playing something very different from PES.

I agree but dont some pes fans state that fifa is simple and a arcade game which to me seems a contradiction from them(not you).

I hate all this auto stuff its for simpletons(no dis-respect to noobs),as most games now require you to have a high degree of skill and hand eye co-ordination.Pes2010 is so basic interms of player control and choice.

Some imo will claim pes2010 is deep and complex like chess but how can it be when you dont have freedom of control.We have to get to the point where if you lose its your fault not some scripted decision by the cpu to balance the game because konami cant take it to the next level.

For me its more a case of konami still hanging on to this old tech,tweaking it and hoping it all sticks and comes together rather then adressing whats wrong which is automisation and the mechanical nature of how it plays.Its far easier to do this rather then produce something more free and organic that uses more sophisticated ai.

Ultimetly they only have themselves to blame if it goes wrong again,so many pes diehards prefer the freedom of choice and control that fifa now offers,the stabilisers have to come off this year.

I think we are being duped again this year with the freedom coming in how we set out the the automatic decisions the ai makes which is clever wording on the part of seabass and reverse logic.

I hope im wrong i really do because ea aquired the rights for the euphoria engine last year and if they can nail ai based individuality im sold.

Last edited:
Ande I agree that the game really looks like PES 2010, but we didn't see an official gameplay, so it can be different

ehhhh looks like Pes2010. not optimistic movies and i think another year i ll stick with Ea on online servers or 1vs1 with friends. Konami waiting for new-gen xbox/ps i think and they will show something new.

Last edited:
But honestly, I wish I can see what you guys are seeing. Is there another video out there that I don't know of?

I just love reading the WENB forums and coming here; a bunch of optimistic hippies analyzing the studio tour video for judgement on gameplay, and the same in this forum, only some people here seem to have a bug up their ass about how PES 2011 "looks" like 10.

You do realize that it's only the Premiership that has those 'square nets' everyone keeps bitching about, right? The nets at the San Siro seem to look like the ones in PES.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom