PES 2011 Discussion thread

The thing about limiting 360 movement is very weird from a footballing perspective - it'll be interesting to see whether it's just been poorly explained.

Rad, L1 is change player so unfortunately that'd be a different kind of ballache (eg when you want to hit a first time lob shot but end up changing player and losing the chance)! They have just freed up L2 though. For FIFA I was looking to use R1 for this since R2 is sprint.

IGN AU: How many licenses did you procure for the game?

Shingo Takatsuka: We now have the Copa Liberadores, the crucial South American club league, in the game but as far as the European licences go, nothing has changed from last year

DIEEE!

Long live edit mode and OFs. Our hope now is that they increased the number of slots or even make ML more customizable. Make total use of taking advantage of the hard disk.

IGN AU: How many licenses did you procure for the game?

Shingo Takatsuka: We now have the Copa Liberadores, the crucial South American club league, in the game but as far as the European licences go, nothing has changed from last year

DIEEE!

What do You want? EPL,Budensliga and all FIFA's leagues? Nothing new about licenses in PES. Do you play FIFA?:))

What do You want? EPL,Budensliga and all FIFA's leagues? Nothing new about licenses in PES. Do you play FIFA?:))
Why not haha :D

No, honestly, licences are needed. Many national teams still have fake names/faces such as Nigeria, Mexico, Slovakia etc. so that would be really nice if Konami could have some of these ones.

But I guess he can't talk about it yet, Murphy said some were still in negotiation, and by the way they surely would like to make a special announcement if they had bought an "important" licence. It's understandable as they have to adjust their communication plan to EA's

The thing about limiting 360 movement is very weird from a footballing perspective - it'll be interesting to see whether it's just been poorly explained.

Rad, L1 is change player so unfortunately that'd be a different kind of ballache (eg when you want to hit a first time lob shot but end up changing player and losing the chance)! They have just freed up L2 though. For FIFA I was looking to use R1 for this since R2 is sprint.

How on earth did I forget that L1 is player change!?

I hammer the freaking thing a million times per match because player changing is completely moronic in PES2010, always switching to someone BEHIND the attacker with the ball.

Without doubt L1 changing is broken for both football games.

I agree with an earlier poster that holding L2 to manual pass might not be ideal but I think the difference would be minimal in the long run. L1 or R1 would be better, certainly. The more pressing concern is jus how many directions you can pass in. Hopefully it's more than 2010's 16 directions.

How on earth did I forget that L1 is player change!?

I hammer the freaking thing a million times per match because player changing is completely moronic in PES2010, always switching to someone BEHIND the attacker with the ball.

Agreed. :WORSHIP: Totally feckinng annoying every time have to hammer the damn button just to get to the player I wanted. It seems to change to the player that is much FAR AWAY from the ball.

Who cares about blur if it's replay only. Can't see it making a difference.

I am so happy they are re-introducing game speed changes. I think Jon Murphy already hinted this would be the case, but it's fantastic to have it confirmed. I have been waiting for this for years, the fast gameplay was especially annoying for PES10, where the top teams seemed to be manned by atomic supermen.

finally my "pass bar always on" is "confirmed" :p

love the X+ Stick defense modes aswell

best controls layout ever in a pes, looks very good

-

no manual pass blokin the right stick, right stick now for body feints
left stick +r2 dribblings
right stick +l1 feints sets

thats the 3 dribblings systems someone talked bout

What is pes2011 and what real match :D

jn3nzkt5nq80wy8yugqq.jpg

....umnn YES al those licenses!
ML wil be online...so u can forget about OF kitts to work dude.
And no i dont play FIFA CRAP :P

Are there going to be new commentators?
One half of the infamous commentary duo will be replaced, though we can't say which one, or by who. You could probably guess which commentator most needed replacing, mind - and his replacement is in line with the game's licencing.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=249016

:APPLAUD:

I wonder who this replacement could be. 'He's in line with the games licensing'. What does that mean? His name will be spelled incorrectly ?

"Occasionally, the keeper would also become frozen in place, standing motionless and watching the ball sail past him into the back of the net; another annoying bug that we're confident will be addressed." - IGN

Not a fan of what they're saying here. It's a big vague, are they suggesting they stand motionless when they shouldn't or that they can literally not react to a certain shot. I had a bit problem with FIFA this year in that goalkeepers react to EVERY single shot no matter how little chance they stood of getting the ball. When i first moved over to PES 2010 i enjoyed this aspect because well if you ever watch real football it happens quite often. GK's can't react to every shot and should be 'motionless' if they stand no chance.

Back
Top Bottom