PES 2011 Discussion thread

Maybe one of the reason the FIFA tricks are hard to pull off is because they're different depending on the direction you're running. So if you are running 34 degrees direction you have to start the trick stick move from the same degree. This way if you're not running in any of the old 8 directions it will be pretty hard do pull the correct trick because you might feel you start the trick at the right degree, but might just be off with 10 degrees so that the game don't recognise it.

Maybe it could just be solved with better recognition algorithm, because personally I think the movement is good in FIFA so I wouldn't mind if Konami did something similar.

That's a good explanation, I didn't think of it like that.

Maybe one of the reason the FIFA tricks are hard to pull off is because they're different depending on the direction you're running. So if you are running 34 degrees direction you have to start the trick stick move from the same degree. This way if you're not running in any of the old 8 directions it will be pretty hard do pull the correct trick because you might feel you start the trick at the right degree, but might just be off with 10 degrees so that the game don't recognise it.

Maybe it could just be solved with better recognition algorithm, because personally I think the movement is good in FIFA so I wouldn't mind if Konami did something similar.

Gab, do you think there is a problem with the trick stick? I have to be honest, I'm not having a problem at all.

Re: the featureset in both games at the moment - you're right Expander in that there won't be any big additions at all this late in the day. At least nothing that they weren't already working on. However the gameplay tweaking and bug fixing makes a hell of a lot of difference. If either side shows a video of their game in a broken state with gameplay that is poorly balanced then people will exclaim "OMFG it's shit" and lose interest. They then spend these months getting hyped about the other title, to the point of sale.

Gab, do you think there is a problem with the trick stick? I have to be honest, I'm not having a problem at all.

Re: the featureset in both games at the moment - you're right Expander in that there won't be any big additions at all this late in the day. At least nothing that they weren't already working on. However the gameplay tweaking and bug fixing makes a hell of a lot of difference. If either side shows a video of their game in a broken state with gameplay that is poorly balanced then people will exclaim "OMFG it's shit" and lose interest. They then spend these months getting hyped about the other title, to the point of sale.

Then don't release it until it is complete.

However the gameplay tweaking and bug fixing makes a hell of a lot of difference. If either side shows a video of their game in a broken state with gameplay that is poorly balanced then people will exclaim "OMFG it's shit" and lose interest. They then spend these months getting hyped about the other title, to the point of sale.

I think this is true - many people here are clamouring for Konami to show off the game and maybe they should but if they dont think its ready then it doesnt make sense. One thing I think both camps should do is have better beta testing - anyone could have told Konami that refs were broken.

Last year many fans bolted and played FIFA and professed it was going to be the end all - most of that was based on the 360 video and a quick demo. This year I am hearing the same things about that game, soulless.

I think the mass journalist invite has to be a positive sign - it cant just be PR move.

The game will pretty much be finished at this stage with the next few months being spent on optimising the code on all the different platforms.

All the elements will be in place and i doubt its riddled with problems because you wouldnt allow the press such access to unfinished code.

Im cetainly not being negative i just hate all this marketing BS.

Even demos have to be ready 6 weeks before release because of clearance from all the licensing bodys and the different formats networking services,so there cutting it a bit fine.

All games have a cut off point of about three months prior to release for testing and i doubt the promised changes and the said revamp is just one years work,it just doesnt ring true.If we are to believe pes2011 has all these big changes how come the last three years have been such small steps.

Im not a big fan of marketing people,ive seen so many great games fall by the wayside because of these people that think they know what gamers want and how we think when they dont.Look at bioshock by 2k,a game that all the marketing people said wouldnt work or sell,but the producer had a vision that he saw through in his own time and look how the true gamer loved it,because it broke the mold,anyway thats another subject and story.

Last edited:
:FAIL:

And miss out on massive sales for 2-3 years :CONFUSE: - That is not the business model at work here.

That will only happen if every gamer (well in the tens of thousands) buy the competing product.

So release an unfinished game every year and sell it based on hype only to fool us fans? No thank you. I'd happily wait until the next game is fully complete and be more than happy to give them my money with no regrets.

Patch updates and DLCs should do til then.

So release an unfinished game every year and sell it based on hype only to fool us fans? No thank you. I'd happily wait until the next game is fully complete and be more than happy to give them my money with no regrets.

Patch updates and DLCs should do til then.

Exactly lami,its called transparency and konami need to learn from the errors of the last three years not repeat the same mistakes.Im just getting this horrible deja vu feeling but hope im proved wrong.

Why is everbody so obsessed with having the tricks on the right stick,im with jimmy g-force on this one,tricks are part of a players movement and are hardwired just like running or walking so if a player can marsielle roulette and you turn the left stick 360 degrees while walking or running in one continous movement the player should do that trick.Surely its better to initiate tricks with the primary means of control its just logical.Its like drag backs and flicks there so much better when you can do it in one continous movement not taking your right thumb from the buttons.I know pes2010 automates alot of tricks and sometimes there random but for me the primary means of movement is the way forward not the right analog stick.

I undertand its logic in the confines of 8-axis but if you have true 360 degree movement on a 360 degree plain and true analog control surely konami can take this formula to the next level.Is it fan service for the pes ps2 crowd or is it because fifas doing it that way.

Iss/perfect striker used the formula of tricks being initiated via the left thumbstick so why the call for such a ornate way of doing things.

Maybe when konami say we can now map them if we want to the right stick in pes2011 there giving choice which is never a bad thing,its like manual passing off the right stick it never worked properly and seemed over elaborate when they should of allowed this option off the left stick and relevant buttons.

This is why i pray pes2011 is a analog game,no more d-pad controls mapped to the left thumbstick,we all use analog control in games now so why should pes be a exception.Just because seabass prefers his cross hair deosnt mean i do,i want them to embrace the 21st century not the days of 2d and isometric plains.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

No I think it's good too. But there are time to time where you do miss a little and nothing happens, it can be annoying when you feel you did a good movement so that the game should pick up what I tried to do even if I was a couple of degrees wrong.

What's important that Konami does with the tricks is to add fail rate so you don't always pull it off. Not even CRonaldo can do perfect step overs 100% of the time. I think that's the reason that most PES players get scared when they hear Konami might have done something like the FIFA system, because FIFA can look a lot like FIFA Street because you always pull every trick off perfectly.

Expander: I think some "tricks" should be on left stick too. But I really hate it when I try to do a simple turn and my players end up doing a trick. Shoulder drop and stuff like that is good, because even if I didn't try to make it, the result isn't that much different.

Last edited:
Screenshots look amazing. Completely different from any other PES I have ever seen in my humble opinion. I was cautiously optimistic but I am very happy now.

Back
Top Bottom