PES 2011 Discussion thread

Super Cancel fake shot :square: :r1:+:r2: and fake shot :square: :x: isn't the same, fake shot is broken and look awful, is not the same as before :RANT:

I know that m8 !! Fake shot is just one big FAKE :D
I mean super cancel when do you run , the player don' react like in old series ! Some time he just stop and then start to run and that is SHI* !!! :RANT: I don't know why they do that ... I love Super cancel , i use it unstoppable in PES 6 and this is made a gameplay way , way deeper

I have been wondering for years why don't Konami incorporate the structure of PES Management into the regular PES Master League mod. By doing so they would be able to offer so much more depth to it. Hopefully this year there will be a hugely improved ML.
Yes m8, i don't understand Spanish , but this game is so huge and fun !!

Last edited:
I mean super cancel when do you run , the player don' react like in old series ! Some time he just stop and then start to run and that is SHI* !!! :RANT: I don't know why they do that ... I love Super cancel , i use it unstoppable in PES 6 and this is made a gameplay way , way deeper

I read this all the time that Fake Shot isnt in the game anymore, thats simply not that case. Fake Shot is there, it's just been toned down as it should be. A fake shot should be nothing more than a slight drop of the shoulder to buy the player an extra yard, or to fool a keeper. It works perfectly in PES 2010, you just need to master it. No longer does the Fake Shot give you the angle automatically, you have to earn it. You do that as you would in real life, and thats running diagonal one way, then Fake Shot and push the stick/pad in the opposite diagonal of which you want to fake.

Running straight forward and trying a Fake Shot doesnt just give you the angle like previous PES games. It does what it would in real life, opens up your body, nothing more. You need to earn this skill now by applying what works in real life. Your not just given it. I much prefer this way. You have a many number of feints with the capable players to initiate a similar outcome to the old Fake Shot.

Maremas,

Your video's are absolutely fantastic by the way. Keep up the great work. Also, do you play PES 2010 on PS3 ?

Last edited:
I still have the Management game and I really liked it. It has better interaction with players as well. Their morale can be affected with your interviews and speech. It got boring because I couldn't play, obviously. I've been emailing them since then to implement it in ML but to no avail...

all the fake`s in 010 are good, diff. timing needed on every player but sometimes its too fast and keeper reacts a bit too sensible, they need to slow it down a bit

@ gerd
no lol, in modern footy there is no time for such childish stuff :p
better some more useful function on the buttons etc..

edit:
im here with pes6 again with some classic OF all this teams like arsenal 04 sachhis milan etc.
aaawsoome :D

Last edited:
all the fake`s in 010 are good, diff. timing needed on every player but sometimes its too fast and keeper reacts a bit too sensible, they need to slow it down a bit

@ gerd
no lol, in modern footy there is no time for such childish stuff :p
better some more useful function on the buttons etc..

edit:
im here with pes6 again with some classic OF all this teams like arsenal 04 sachhis milan etc.
aaawsoome :D

YouTube - **NEW**BEST SOCCER SKILLS// 2009//2010**NEW**

theres plenty of tricks in the modern game mate

Last edited:

But according to the press release, there's no need for the super cancel anymore, as the players will always move freely, and won't stop to get in position to the ball.

But according to the press release, there's no need for the super cancel anymore, as the players will always move freely, and won't stop to get in position to the ball.

Super cancel can stop , cancel all movements like pass , shot , trick , run ... PES need it. I can't Imagen the game without this , no matter how much freedom have.

@ gerd

thats just circus...

the amount of this stuff leading to a goal is minor
mainly in or before overtime to hold the ball or on FKs etc.

imagine they wud build in a trick system like that all the kids wud be exploitin it online... they exploite even crosses 010 lol..

@ gerd

thats just circus...

the amount of this stuff leading to a goal is minor
mainly in or before overtime to hold the ball or on FKs etc.

imagine they wud build in a trick system like that all the kids wud be exploitin it online... they exploite even crosses 010 lol..

It's mainly 'circus' in FIFA as well. Most of the tournament players don't bother with tricks - certainly not the most complex ones.

The Youtube vids you see of people like Wepeeler or Hjerpseth pulling off fancy tricks are usually either staged, or come at the expense of a bad win/loss ratio. Certainly both in Hjerpseth's case.

You can't talk about the evolution of the modern game without mentioning the increased pace or amount of flair play now involved. The technical standard of football has come on leaps and bounds in the past 10 years. I don't disagree that FIFA needs to dole out tricks more selectively, but PES definitely has to step up the trick library if it wants to be a simulation for football across the world.

well sure most of these players wont get a good ratio but for me as the opponent it isnt much better, i want a good match instead of watchin these guys do all this stuff, easy turnovers for me too

the more u give the noobs the more they noob and destroy the experience :COAT:

Firstly, why does that game look better animation wise than any football games on any next gen console?

Secondly, the Rabona animation looks really good and the fact that you don't always lift it and can shoot using it (from evidence of the shot he takes) when doing so is much more realistic. I don't understand why rabona's are limited to crossing only. I imagine basically all players can do it because well, i can consistently and i'm nowhere near a top level professional. I'd love the ability to be able to say rabona shoot, or rabona short pass. I wouldn't give it to players who blatently would never do it in real life but for those that do it'd be great to pull it off with a combination of buttons rather than just having it happen randomly, that isn't me in control of it after all. Obviously it should have a way bigger error margin than say normal passes and shots but it'd certainly fall in line with giving people the freedom that PES seems to want to attain.

In fact i'm no trick whore but the other video of real football tricks does suggest that there are certain tricks such as nutmegs that should be able to be controlled. I think for instance that Pes and especially Fifa have too many tricks in place for the sake of it with practical and more widely used tricks being overlooked.

Last edited:
In relation to the concept of a management mode in ML, some guy tweeted Murphy asking him whether ot not PES 2011's ML was going to be different and Jon replied saying that they were only really working on the online aspect of ML.

Maybe they are doing something else who knows, it isn't as if Jon was going to reveal new details about ML to some random guy.

I'm all in favour of more tricks in PES as long as they require pinpoint timing and can only be used in context. For instance I don't want to see Titus Bramble doing the Marseilles Roulette or a flip-flap, and if he attempts them he should end up on his arse. I only want to see the top quality flair players successfully completing tricks because that's how it is in real-life. That's where the tricks fall down a little in Fifa because it's too easy for very average players to perform the simpler tricks.

I'm all in favour of more tricks in PES as long as they require pinpoint timing and can only be used in context. For instance I don't want to see Titus Bramble doing the Marseilles Roulette or a flip-flap, and if he attempts them he should end up on his arse. I only want to see the top quality flair players successfully completing tricks because that's how it is in real-life. That's where the tricks fall down a little in Fifa because it's too easy for very average players to perform the simpler tricks.

totally agree,the tricks should be locked into the flair players like in the ps2 pes games or else konami could define different levels of tricks players could use(say 1-5), with your average centre back on level 1 and players like c. ronaldo on level 5

in pes2010 it was possible for all players to use all the tricks which wasnt very realistic

another thing,when all the new info will be released tuesday im sure it wont be that amazing as some other places would have led us to believe. no doubt it will be the usual pics of players heading a ball,some previews saying that pes hasnt been the game we all wanted it to be on next gen and maybe this year could be konami's year,game website mostly copy and paste their sports previews and reviews from the previous years game and just add in the new bits

Last edited:
In relation to the concept of a management mode in ML, some guy tweeted Murphy asking him whether ot not PES 2011's ML was going to be different and Jon replied saying that they were only really working on the online aspect of ML.

Maybe they are doing something else who knows, it isn't as if Jon was going to reveal new details about ML to some random guy.

Think that was me. Asked him if it was going to be any better and he replied saying he only knows it will be online.

That was 11 days ago though.

Back
Top Bottom