PES 2011 Discussion thread

Q:Is it much better than all the next gen and PS2 games?
A: No, not yet, we are still waiting for that PES. Sorry.

What can we make of this? "Same old" maybe? I would find that disappointing... I cannot believe that. Changing the passing and shooting to manual and 360 control doesn't look like "same old"...

Last edited:
Is there a way to contact him (mexican guy) to make him some questions?

i would like to ask him just one thing: Is pes 2011 total freedom, or, at least, good freedom?

If the answer is positive then we can say press release was honest
if not, well, it's just another case of overhyped press release

What can we make of this? "Same old" maybe? I would find that disappointing... I cannot believe that. Changing the passing and shooting to manual and 360 controlling looks not like "same old"...

Well, same as i think

How can pes 2011 be the same old if now there is the power bar for passing, shooting, and even header? (like Murphy has stated recently)

Well, same as i think

How can pes 2011 be the same old if now there is the power bar for passing, shooting, and even header? (like Murphy has stated recently)

It's not the same old game, PES2011 = PES2010 with new animation engine with new features like passing bar and etc, but ive been telling you guys dont expect a overheal, you cant build a new house in one month right ? well thats how Konami works, Graphics (New Engine/PES2010) Animations (New engine/PES2011) and I am definitly sure that next big thing in PES2012(they already started working on PES2012) is a new engine for player inteligence. Overall this game is very good as most of us were complaining about animation and now we have animation, what else do you all want ?

It's not the same old game, PES2011 = PES2010 with new animation engine with new features like passing bar and etc, but ive been telling you guys dont expect a overheal, you cant build a new house in one month right ? well thats how Konami works, Graphics (New Engine/PES2010) Animations (New engine/PES2011) and I am definitly sure that next big thing in PES2012(they already started working on PES2012) is a new engine for player inteligence. Overall this game is very good as most of us were complaining about animation and now we have animation, what else do you all want ?

Don't you think that passing bar changes completely your way of playing Pes?
is it more a semi assisted or full manual Fifa? (don't know if you ever played Fifa)
Is there total freedom? Can you put the ball exactly where you want? This is what i want to know..
If you tell me yes, then i will be the happiest man in this world :BOP:

Van persie, I never see you talk about manual passing, how come?
Did your contact not mention it?

Check my previous post, I played the very very early build and the game was very difficult to play ( dribbling passing and shooting) and it's hard to notice it whether it was manual or not. So I recon that it still same on the new build, PES2011 USP is for adults, I dont think kids will be able to handle this game. However my contact did not tell me everything about the latest version, I guess its because of the embargo.

Last edited:
Don't you think that passing bar changes completely your way of playing Pes?
is it more a semi assisted or full manual Fifa? (don't know if you ever played Fifa)
Is there total freedom? Can you put the ball exactly where you want? This is what i want to know..
If you tell me yes, then i will be the happiest man in this world :BOP:

1. Yes it is mate, the passing bar makes PES2011 a simulation game.

2. It was very difficult to play, I guess they removed the semi assistant feature.

3. Yes it's total freedom everything is 360, there are no limits the game feels free !, however in some occusions response time is a issue, but you will get used to it !

2. It was very difficult to play, I guess they removed the semi assistant feature.

3. Yes it's total freedom everything is 360, there are no limits the game feels free !, however in some occusions response time is a issue, but you will get used to it !

excellent, if true :WORSHIP:

I am a bit confused, van Persie:

I played the very very early build and the game was very difficult to play ( dribbling passing and shooting) and it's hard to notice it whether it was manual or not.

In the first post you write it is hard to notice if there is manual control or not.
In the second you write about the existing passing bar ( which is manual controlled) makes it a simulation game.

It is not a full contradiction, but it is very confusing :CONFUSE:

Personally, the only things I wanted in this PES were :
- total freedom for passing (because we couldn't put the ball in space)
- improved and new animations for running, turning, controlling etc.

That's all. If this mexican guy feels it's not better than PS2 version, then what's the problem ? It's just his point of view.
PS2 versions of PES were unique, as Fifa next-gen versions. Both have their proper identity.
By the way, his words aren't justified; he doesn't explain why it's not "better", which point makes it feel different etc. It's easy to say that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is different than Super Mario 64 for example so...

Personally, the only things I wanted in this PES were :
- total freedom for passing (because we couldn't put the ball in space)
- improved and new animations for running, turning, controlling etc.

That's all. If this mexican guy feels it's not better than PS2 version, then what's the problem ? It's just his point of view.
PS2 versions of PES were unique, as Fifa next-gen versions. Both have their proper identity.
By the way, his words aren't justified; he doesn't explain why it's not "better", which point makes it feel different etc. It's easy to say that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is different than Super Mario 64 for example so...

Well said. These are the improvements I wanted from PES 2010. I think adding to freedom to PES which has always been restricted, will make the game feel fresh, combined with smooth animations and a solid collision system. But the GK's must be fixed.

I am a bit confused, van Persie:

In the first post you write it is hard to notice if there is manual control or not.
In the second you write about the existing passing bar ( which is manual controlled) makes it a simulation game.

It is not a full contradiction, but it is very confusing :CONFUSE:

Hey sorry for confusing you. In the first post I was talking about placing passes, which is not easy and I never knew passing bar is manual. Thanks for telling me that.

Q: But, I'm going to ask you something. Are the changes radical? Is it much better than all the next gen and PS2 games?

lol at anyone who expected something more. Here comes PES 2010.5.

Hey, maybe PES 2025 will have that radical change. In the mean time, while Konami release some screenshots on Tuesday and have some fanboys go nuts over nothing, EA will make sure to shit all over it with FIFA 11 in few weeks time, for the 4th consecutive year, that's some achievement.

Q: But, I'm going to ask you something. Are the changes radical? Is it much better than all the next gen and PS2 games?

lol at anyone who expected something more. Here comes PES 2010.5.

Hey, maybe PES 2025 will have that radical change. In the mean time, while Konami release some screenshots on Tuesday and have some fanboys go nuts over nothing, EA will make sure to shit all over it with FIFA 11 in few weeks time, for the 4th consecutive year, that's some achievement.

As Van Persie said PES 2011 USP is its for adults and not kids. I like this this how the old PES's were. When I was younger I nearly gave up on pes as it was harder. Fifa is the more accessible game and congratulations to EA for the sucess, but its emotionless and dull.

Not saying PES on next gen has been great. But you have focused one point, it not meeting the ps2 versions. But you have ignored new and better animations, back to the roots, new collision and freedom of passing. That is enough improvement with PES's philosophy be a great game. Who wants a game with no individuality, that is not football.

As Van Persie said PES 2011 USP is its for adults and not kids. I like this this how the old PES's were. When I was younger I nearly gave up on pes as it was harder. Fifa is the more accessible game and congratulations to EA for the sucess, but its emotionless and dull.

Not saying PES on next gen has been great. But you have focused one point, it not meeting the ps2 versions. But you have ignored new and better animations, back to the roots, new collision and freedom of passing. That is enough improvement with PES's philosophy be a great game. Who wants a game with no individuality, that is not football.
:WORSHIP: Amen

Well said. These are the improvements I wanted from PES 2010. I think adding to freedom to PES which has always been restricted, will make the game feel fresh, combined with smooth animations and a solid collision system. But the GK's must be fixed.
Yes of course, GK's and referee as well !
They are important for gameplay, but it's something that's shall not be hard to fix.

The situation is different for animations which was THE point to fix absolutely !

I don't understand people who pay too much attention to this mexican guy...

I mean, just take pes2010 back, and try to play in space...it's impossible, and it's always been like that in PES, even on PS2. Free passing would be a real step forward !

And of course it's the same for animations. How many people complained last year about animations? This year we've got a good chance to have improved and realistic animations, and you let one word from a mexican guy dictate your judgment?

Let's wait for videos and screenshots !

That doesn't sound very reassuring considering that PES 2009 was also "back to the roots" according to Konami.. lol.

They're merely "updating" the game like they do every single year.

That doesn't sound very reassuring considering that PES 2009 was also "back to the roots" according to Konami.. lol.

Konami said themselves PES 2011 is a new system, they have been working on it for 2 years

going-around-in-circles.png

Be glad when we get some firm news...

Ej Guys!!!

For mexican guy PES 2011 is not better than PS2 old games but it doesn't mean it's true! Maybe for him but not for most people. Who is he? God? Oh c'mon let's wait and we will see.

Ej Guys!!!

For mexican guy PES 2011 is not better than PS2 old games but it doesn't mean it's true! Maybe for him but not for most people. Who is he? God? Oh c'mon let's wait and we will see.

Yep, he could be "wrong". That's why Konami invited so many people over there. But the rest of the reports next week are vital.

When konami say there taking it back to its roots there not rathering to pes on the ps2 there rathering to the iss/perfect striker series on the n64,ps1,ps2.

I played those games religously for years with a friend and they were light years ahead of pes on the ps2.

Bit by bit each year pes on the next gen has come closer and closer to this series of games,the only problem being thus far that pes productions have clinged to the principles and gameplay dynamics of pes on the ps2 which is auto passing and shooting,restrictive 8-axis movement ect.

This year will see them taking the final step,freeing up the control interface and finally giving the vets who experienced those games of yesteryear the control and freedom we once had before the inception of pes which was limited by the control interface of the first ps1 pad pre dual shock and then the limited internal architecture of the ps2.

Have a look at some of these vids,while this series of games might be a little dated graphically,interms of concepts,organic animation,freedom of movement and control,they were and still are well ahead of the games of today.

YouTube - perfect striker 3 ps2 by konami

YouTube - perfect striker 3 ps2 running on ps3 full hdmi(the japanese ps3 has a ps2 chipset inside)

YouTube - perfect striker 3 ps2 running on ps3 full hdmi

YouTube - perfect striker3/ISS(KCEOT MAJOR A) ps2 running on japanese backwards compatible ps3 hdmi

This is whats coming back this year because pes2010 is halfway there to being a next gen version of this game but without this games organic animation and freedom of control.

Mark my words come this autumm and the community will be in rapture and will love pes for it.

Lastly,before im dismissed as a nut job,both fifa10 and FWC are poor mans clones of this game that both lack this games player individuality and ai.

Last edited:
Perfect Striker wasn't a patch on the Winning Eleven series. It did have some good ideas but it's exactly the sort of game most PES fans would hate to see their game become. It just wasn't a football game.

Perfect Striker wasn't a patch on the Winning Eleven series. It did have some good ideas but it's exactly the sort of game most PES fans would hate to see their game become. It just wasn't a football game.

I know what your saying and remember i am a pes fan to that has experienced every WE and PES game.

Your missing my point which is the overall nucleaus was better and while we/pes improved the short pass system it stripped away all the other elements including freedom of movement and control.

Whats interesting is how ea have almost cloned this series to the letter in a next generation form and people now prefer this system in which we the user have precise,subtle control of the players and ball as well as full directional control.

Again pes2010 is this game fundamentally but it lacks this games freedom,animation,subtelty and depth and while im not saying lets just bring this game wholesale over across to the current platforms,alot of what was embodied back then was superior to pes in its current form.

I love pes but in alot of ways its a parody of what real football represents which is the joy of having tight player control and choice in which you freely interact with the game.Pes makes you play by its rules and doesnt give you the freedom to play it on your own terms how you want to,using a ai system that makes you a passenger in which you have to tune into how its flows,if you fight against it and try to force your own playing style it doesnt work.

Its about marrying all that is good about pes with this series,then and only then will konami have a superior game to fifa.

Lets be realistic fifas 17 million sales speaks volumes and the fact that many pes fans and diehards now prefer fifas system speaks for itself.

Considering both seabass and greyhound both worked on this series do you not think they cant see how ea have copied what they did back then and how fifa has recieved both universal praise from the media and football fans alike.

Im not going on a pro fifa rant because i prefer konamis realism but i also love the freedom and levels of control both fifa10 and FWC give me,something that i know pes2011 will be adopting.

Last edited:
- It's much more harder, because there's no AI assistance, and about 15/20 players have a "new" ability called "Speed Star".

Q: Did you liked the game?
A: I did, because i'm a veteran, but without A.I assistance, newbies/casual gamers will suffer, because it's much harder.
:BOP:

Q: Are the animations good at least? What about response times?
A: Animations look good, and the time of response is weird at first, because you have no AI help, but you'll get used to it (I think he is talking about something different than response times...). For the veterans it will be nice to get back to the roots, but newbies will suffer at the beggining.
Q: Is the game similiar to last FIFA editions? Or nothing like it.
A: Well the new trick system is a bit like FIFA's one, but apart from that, no they aren't alike.
:BOP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP:

So it appears that once again it will be the same old PES, no radical changes. I wonder if we'll ever see this game go back to being good.

I definitely consider brand new animations, new defensive AI and 360 degree passing and movement 'radical changes'. :BOP:

Then again that might just be me...

- It's much more harder, because there's no AI assistance, and about 15/20 players have a "new" ability called "Speed Star".

Q: Did you liked the game?
A: I did, because i'm a veteran, but without A.I assistance, newbies/casual gamers will suffer, because it's much harder.

Q: Are the animations good at least? What about response times?
A: Animations look good, and the time of response is weird at first, because you have no AI help, but you'll get used to it (I think he is talking about something different than response times...). For the veterans it will be nice to get back to the roots, but newbies will suffer at the beggining.
Q: Is the game similiar to last FIFA editions? Or nothing like it.
A: Well the new trick system is a bit like FIFA's one, but apart from that, no they aren't alike.
:BOP::WORSHIP::WORSHIP:

HALLELUJAH! :BAND::BOP::WORSHIP::WASTED:

Last edited:

Yeah Konami said that, this year the reporters are, big difference.

Back
Top Bottom