PES 2011 Discussion thread

Is there much demand for fully manual football games, though? It's importance is a bit overplayed on sites like this I think, because from my experience the majority of Fifa players use fully assisted, and the game has sold ridiculously well. Would it sell so well if the only control scheme was full manual?

Basically I'm worried that Konami may try and force a manual control scheme on it's fanbase, which could push some people away from PES. I want more freedom in the game, but more importantly, I want my stat-based gameplay.

I really cant see it Jamez, it's Konami's trademark philosophy, and it's what seperates both titles.

Is there much demand for fully manual football games, though? It's importance is a bit overplayed on sites like this I think, because from my experience the majority of Fifa players use fully assisted, and the game has sold ridiculously well. Would it sell so well if the only control scheme was full manual?

Basically I'm worried that Konami may try and force a manual control scheme on it's fanbase, which could push some people away from PES. I want more freedom in the game, but more importantly, I want my stat-based gameplay.

I'm with you that the vast majority in fifa10 is playing assisted, but as I said before, nowadays I can play without any problem vs other manual players in world cup everytime I want :BOP:.

Being honest, I'd prefer full-manual system because it makes the game a lot more realistic and hard to play. But as other people said, the casual players maybe don't like it...

I'm with you that the vast majority in fifa10 is playing assisted, but as I said before, nowadays I can play without any problem vs other manual players in world cup everytime I want :BOP:.

Being honest, I'd prefer full-manual system because it makes the game a lot more realistic and hard to play. But as other people said, the casual players maybe don't like it...

Manual is more 'realisitic' than assisted but i feel it's still not great.

Player attributes mean very little or nothing so every player feels exactly the same. The game gives you too much freedom in area's it shouldn't for it to be a simulation or a realisitic game.

Also it's seems like you simply have feedom to do the same stuff and score the same goals over and over again.

Also Manual really isn't that hard at all. Just takes getting used to.

I play manual when i play FIFA, i known this since FIFA 08

Camera view is totally changed/ it follows movements like realitily
Tempo is slower than Pes2010
New FK system
Pen system is improved
Collsion/physics on players
Lots of news tricks ( I mean totally new)
360 passing and shooting
360 dribbling
Bayern Munich licenced

wow...nice news...
what do you mean with "new free kick system"?

New freekick system? Anything like the Penalty system ? lol
And I still have a blind faith, we will have unlimited tricks, I mean full freedom with the ball.

okay Van_Persie_10, can you confirm only one thing
In replays, can we lock the position of the camera, so that the cam follows the object from a still position instead of moving cam. If you can tell this, I can guess what other things will be there :))

I don't call people guilty until proven so - and given that it's indeed a very slow time of the year for news, my major concern with these news would be the "new free kick system"...

What's not to like in the previous system? Let's hope for the best. :)

Thanks Van_Persie_10.

Paulo Tavares

I thank him for the info, but please don't hate me as I take it all with a grain of salt. Its stupid to believe everything you read off in the internet, as I have doubts to some of Konami's own promises at times, so all these lists, i'll take note, but until I personally see them implemented, i won't really believe them...

and this is from a PES fan who still has not found a home in the FIFA games...

*of course, the stuff that we won't know even if we played, like new engines, we'll have to take their word for it...

Manual is more 'realisitic' than assisted but i feel it's still not great.

Player attributes mean very little or nothing so every player feels exactly the same. The game gives you too much freedom in area's it shouldn't for it to be a simulation or a realisitic game.

Also it's seems like you simply have feedom to do the same stuff and score the same goals over and over again.

Also Manual really isn't that hard at all. Just takes getting used to.

I play manual when i play FIFA, i known this since FIFA 08

I'm actually quite new in the manual control, so maybe all this freedom is new to me and I can't stop loving it =P.

Not all the players are the same, but it is true that there aren't much differences between them in most cases. But for example, CR9 or Sneijder shots are much stronger than shots from other players, and passing is easier if u've got a skilled player who can gain space with a skill.

Manual has to be improved, but I think it's the way to go.

I'm actually quite new in the manual control, so maybe all this freedom is new to me and I can't stop loving it =P.

Not all the players are the same, but it is true that there aren't much differences between them in most cases. But for example, CR9 or Sneijder shots are much stronger than shots from other players, and passing is easier if u've got a skilled player who can gain space with a skill.

Manual has to be improved, but I think it's the way to go.

Yes, i can tell, we all thought the same when first trying manual. Just when you get used to it, thats the problem!

But the problems you experience playin with manual controls aren't because of manual controls. Individuality and the control schemes are completely separate (excluding the curve you get on passes when using assisted; not sure how to put that in manual without having to press a curve modifier button, which may well be a valid idea). The problem with assisted controls in FIFA is not that the passes are assisted, as PES proves. It's that assisted is being combined with a lack of context sensitive error.

But the problems you experience playin with manual controls aren't because of manual controls. Individuality and the control schemes are completely separate (excluding the curve you get on passes when using assisted; not sure how to put that in manual without having to press a curve modifier button, which may well be a valid idea). The problem with assisted controls in FIFA is not that the passes are assisted, as PES proves. It's that assisted is being combined with a lack of context sensitive error.

Yeah HOB he all know the problem is the fifa engine itself, no matter how you play fifa it's just an dull arcade game for me. The question wheather Manual is the way forward really depends on finidng the balance between freedom of expression and player attribute factors.

Then again all your posts have said this over 100 with diagrams :BOP: lol

Yup.

Having said that it's hard to say if manual passing would, practically speaking, benefit unconditonally from attribute error. Would a player with 99 passing speed be that desirable if it potentially means you are more likely to overhit the pass? If either side put context sensitive swerve in the game, would that potentially lead to the game choosing to swerve a ass that would have been better off straight? Could a player with more erratic shooting be more desirable for people who want to just aim at the middle of the goal and let player inaccuracy guide the ball either side of that?

It's counterintuitive but if not done correctly manual controls can have unexpected side effects. I might have just completely contradicted myself from my last post! But I still think manual passing definitely should have attribute dependency.

Last edited:
I too can't see the point in complete manual control. There has to be some margin for error and individuality must remain.

@Van_Persie

Wat lul je nou allemaal man. Waarom hou je iedereen hier voor de gek??
Heb je geen leven ofzo?! Kom mij nou maar niet vertellen dat je (door je werk) deze dingen door die jappanners erg vroeg te zien krijgt. Mij hou je niet voor de gek gozer.

all needs to be stats dependent, even the time spent in lacing the shoes.

it should be easier to make accurate and "less interceptable" passes with xavi than puyol, for example, and that screams for an assisted system.

Yes, i can tell, we all thought the same when first trying manual. Just when you get used to it, thats the problem!

Totally agree. I was like this for most of FIFA 09, till I realized that it didn't compare to PES's stat based gameplay. At first the "freedom" feels amazing when you get used to it, but with the minimal player individuality feeling it wears off.

Totally agree. I was like this for most of FIFA 09, till I realized that it didn't compare to PES's stat based gameplay. At first the "freedom" feels amazing when you get used to it, but with the minimal player individuality feeling it wears off.

lol i played you last year in Kappa's league :BOP:
'i will bat joe' You were hamburg i think i was AZ. Yeah the game 'felt' great but tbh, the majority of those manual games really were just the same

Already tweeted Jon to keep it. I don't like diving, think its scum. But it is part of the modern game, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom