PES 2011 Discussion thread

Hi Gomito!

I usually do the tricks using the DPad only, none of that L2 + Right-stick nonsense for me.

That said, there are many tricks that don't come out correctly, or that need special cards or skill levels. That is important for people like me who play with lower teams.

There's this one trick I learned recently, by watching a tutorial from WeArePES (for those who don't know, it's a great french community where ThomasGOAL and Kaiwai spend their days) that is somewhat interesting.

For instance, you're dribbling to the right, and then you tap right and right after you press up. It's the closest I get to something like the shot feint, in terms of usage.

However, many of the tricks you can't try on in single team training mode. This one I mentioned only works in a real match, probably even when facing an adversary.

I tried many of the tricks in training, and could only pull off hald of them, so maybe that was the reason.

Here's the WeArePES tutorial, hope it helps:

http://www.wearepes.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=27&topic=11344.0

It's french, but it's mostly understandable, and it has videos. All tricks are mentioned with a player moving to the right.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

You can perform any trick in training that you can in a real game. I know them all, you just need over 80 for dribbling accuracy for all the feints that are not signature moves. There are 5 in total counting the sidestep to cross-over shoulder fake. Also be wary of which foot the playing is using, as that determines which directions you have to press to initiate 3 of the feints. But its as you look at it and would expect, motion wise. Also make sure your the player doesnt have a Blue or Purple Form arrow. If they do, that knocks their stats down by different percentages. And if they only have 80 or just over, that will take them below, meaning that cant pull of some of the feints.

You can perform any trick in training that you can in a real game. I know them all, you just need over 80 for dribbling accuracy for all the feints that are not signature moves. There are 5 in total counting the sidestep to cross-over shoulder fake. Also be wary of which foot the playing is using, as that determines which directions you have to press to initiate 3 of the feints. But its as you look at it and would expect, motion wise. Also make sure your the player doesnt have a Blue or Purple Form arrow. If they do, that knocks their stats down by different percentages. And if they only have 80 or just over, that will take them below, meaning that cant pull of some of the feints.

Hi Jim!

Weird, I was able to pull some of them off in training, but the specific trick I mentioned, I wasn't able to pull off unless there was an opponent near me. Maybe it's because it's context-based - i.e. the player only does the trick when there's an opponent nearby? Or maybe I really wasn't doing things right?

Well, the point is that I can use them in the real game. :) ...but I would give them all back tust to have my shot feint back at square + X... :(

Cheers,

Paulo

PES 2010 has a total of 25 tricks and skills(All the skills and tricks, small and big). Does anyone want all the tricks tutorial,I shall make videos with proper explanation and usage.

Is it worth learning the tricks at all? It all seems a bit impractical to me

You need not learn all, but what your players are capable of doing or what suits your style of play. Some skills are based on pace and some are based on close control. Hope you understood what I meant.

PES 2010 has a total of 25 tricks and skills(All the skills and tricks, small and big). Does anyone want all the tricks tutorial,I shall make videos with proper explanation and usage.

Would love a tutorial mate, but could you show us footage of you performing them on the pad? I know the theory, but I just cannot pull some of the tricks off.

Freestyler Billy Wingrove was also involved in the mo-cap sessions last year, if I remember right. Perhaps he's going to mo-cap the tricks?

1000 animations is a lot, I'd say it should be sufficient, I'd expect around 400-500 going towards general movement. then you can have around 100 each to Passing, Shooting, crossing. the rest can probably be done for the goalkeeper.

1000 animations is a lot, I'd say it should be sufficient, I'd expect around 400-500 going towards general movement. then you can have around 100 each to Passing, Shooting, crossing. the rest can probably be done for the goalkeeper.

1000 animations is not a lot , sounds a lot but it will make the game more fluent,versatile and real.

Tricks like the flip flap simply don't work for me.

I didn't even know you could do tricks with the left stick, i only thought it was possible with the right one. Still too many seem to be hit or miss for me to go trying in an actual game.

Last edited:
Tricks like the flip flap simply don't work for me.

I didn't even know you could do tricks with the left stick, i only thought it was possible with the right one. Still too many seem to be hit or miss for me to go trying in an actual game.

Thats what i thought but you soon get the hang of it

the number of animations doesnt matter if the animations suck, im pretty sure 2010 had a good number of animations, but since they sucked, weren't something to boast about

Shouldn't subscribers of PSM3 be getting their magazines around now? I think the PES 2011 issue is out next week so hopefully we will have some news in the weekend.

Hi everyone, I'm Nolegend and I'm new in this forum. I hope we can discuss every feature of the new PES. I'm from Spain, by the way :PIRATE:

I think that Fifa10 and Fifa World Cup have an absolutely marvellous manual system control. Nowadays I'm playing the world cup against other manual players, and I can say that I never playerd football in a videogame like this. I feel absolutely free to do almost anything. But I'm missing something that PES6 gave me in the past : the skill to dribble with the D-pad.

In Fifa u can do nutmegs, shot+pass to dribble, etc, but the best feelings with the dribbling i've got are with PES6 and the D-pad ( though the best pass system is from Fifa10 and WC manual system ).

I'm looking forward PES2011 and I expect that it will include total manual control for players like me who want to win because of your skill and not because of the computer decitions.

PD: Ronaldinho_23 and Van_Persie_10 os agradezco vuestros aportes, seguid posteando por favor =) :WORSHIP:

Welcome Nolegend, I'd be glad to see Konami go down the semi route but I fear the hallowed player individuallity would go somewhat if full manual was brought in...

I could honestly see myself playing both. With full manual you know you are doing everything yourself. So if you get beat, there are no excuses. You weren't good enough. No AI to blame.

with this in-between (semi) mode you get a varying degree of error depending on the stats of the player trying to make the pass you asked for. also sounds like a good idea.

I see advantages and disadvantages for both. The only one i dont like is fully assisted, once i played semi and manual on Fifa i couldn't play PES anymore. So i cant wait for the new PES to see what they come up with.

Last edited:
I've made my feelings clear about manual v semi-manual but I suppose their is an argument for manual passing if there's a demographic of hardcore football gamer.

Is there much demand for fully manual football games, though? It's importance is a bit overplayed on sites like this I think, because from my experience the majority of Fifa players use fully assisted, and the game has sold ridiculously well. Would it sell so well if the only control scheme was full manual?

Basically I'm worried that Konami may try and force a manual control scheme on it's fanbase, which could push some people away from PES. I want more freedom in the game, but more importantly, I want my stat-based gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom