PES 2011 Discussion thread

Bull. It needs to move on now. we are stuck with an old engine that needs to be replaced with a new next gen engine. Get rid of the on rails and the assisted passing. Have a pass gauge.

Why do people insisting on throwing around terms like new engine and Euphoria without knowing exactly what those mean? If PES2011 sets the benchmark in football gaming (not that I'm saying it will), would people still be still be saying 'new engine'. Moving on, I would personally hate a fully manual PES, I couldn't, for the life of me, use it in FIFA10. It would go from being a footballers game to a gamers game where the game is skewered heavily towards the skill of the gamer as opposed to the skill of the footballer and the tactical mind and muscle memory of the gamer being in perfect balance. Two years ago I said that the freedom of FIFA09's passing was a breath of fresh air, not once did I play that game on fully manual yet I could pick out who I wanted with pinpoint accuracy. What was lacking from that system, and the same in FIFA10, was a stat based contribution from the AI, something that says 'yes Xavi/Pirlo/Scholes/Fabregas, you can pick out whoever you want whenever you want' and 'no, Titus Bramble, you can't'. It'd be difficult enough balancing your tactics, formation and squad selection, the last thing I wanna be focusing on is Andrea Pirlo misplacing pass after pass, not because he's a poor passer of the ball, but because you thumb's a poor passer of the ball.

Last edited:
I'm with Lami, after all, it's easy for anyone to come on here and claim to be one of the elite few who played the game early and when asked for proof, turn around and say 'well you see, i kinda swore to secrecy'.

These so called 'insiders' are gonna tell us the obvious stuff from the press release, only to tell us what we already know again come june 1st and say "see, i told you i had my connections."

Valid point...

Consider that all employees of Konami would have had to sign a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). This means they can potentially lose their jobs should they divulge any critical information. If they were to expand on the press releases a little bit, they would likely be told off but no serious action would take place.

It's only serious if they divulge NEW information that a competitor (i.e. Electronic Arts) could use to add in features etc to it's product to try and outdo Konami.

Of course as we have seen with CD music album leaks - all it takes is a misplaced disc, a friend of a worker that knows something etc... etc...

Would that person(s) repeatedly post new info for risk of being caught? Highly unlikely. Usually it's a one-off.

I played PES2011 at Van_Persie_10's house. We then got in our spaceship and flew to Japan to meet Seabass for tea and biscuits.

Why do people insisting on throwing around terms like new engine and Euphoria without knowing exactly what those mean? If PES2011 sets the benchmark in football gaming (not that I'm saying it will), would people still be still be saying 'new engine'. Moving on, I would personally hate a fully manual PES, I couldn't, for the life of me, use it in FIFA10. It would go from being a footballers game to a gamers game where the game is skewered heavily towards the skill of the gamer as opposed to the skill of the footballer and the tactical mind and muscle memory of the gamer being in perfect balance. Two years ago I said that the freedom of FIFA09's passing was a breath of fresh air, not once did I play that game on fully manual yet I could pick out who I wanted with pinpoint accuracy. What was lacking from that system, and the same in FIFA10, was a stat based contribution from the AI, something that says 'yes Xavi/Pirlo/Scholes/Fabregas, you can pick out whoever you want whenever you want' and 'no, Titus Bramble, you can't'. It'd be difficult enough balancing your tactics, formation and squad selection, the last thing I wanna be focusing on is Andrea Pirlo misplacing pass after pass, not because he's a poor passer of the ball, but because you thumb's a poor passer of the ball.

Well said. My feelings exactly on the manual/assisted debate.

And all this talk of engines and overhauls is inconsequential really. It's the end product that matters. We may never know if PES2011 was an overhaul built from the ground up, or a heavily tweaked and polished PES2010. If it plays well who cares?

Excellent post Jess half the people here myself included don't understand gaming engines but everyone has an opinion on one.

Sorry I'm going to mention FIFA WC here as I have been playing it a bit.
It drives me nuts when passing on Semi with someone like Veron who has to pass a ball 3 ft and it goes to the COM player instead. I'm not sure if it's my thumbs or the CPU pulling a fast one as it seems to happen on World Class and Legendary difficulties. If PES does this I swear I will fly to Japan and take a dump on the PES disc infront of KONAMI HQ.

Last edited:
I played a 30% completed code. Messi only had 1 leg, 1 arm e1 eye e no hair.

Still the resemblance was stunning.SPOTY, GOTY, GOTM (game of the millenium)

I played a 30% completed code. Messi only had 1 leg, 1 arm e1 eye e no hair.

Still the resemblance was stunning.SPOTY, GOTY, GOTM (game of the millenium)

well, i played an early version of pes 2012, you know, the blue sky team is already working on it.... :P

Yes it is - calm before the storm. Except for the looneys running in here every now and then to say stupid things then run off into the distance screaming something about Adam.

How's it going pjft? Last I heard you were on honeymoon.

- El editor del juego ha sido "aumentado"
- Nuevas y variadas maneras de disparar segun el angulo y postura del jugador
- Mas gestos tecnicos que recrean a las estrellas

no puedo profundizar mas porque esto es lo que me han pasado

I do wish you would post in english or at least, add a translation below.

Yes, i understand that people all over the world visit these forums, which is nice but the majority of us here speak English.

After all, this is an English website, no?

Ronaldinho, I am confused about the different reports about passing:
Is it really ( semi )manual or is it the same as last year?

- The Edit Mode has been improved
- New and different ways to shoot depends by the position/posing and angle of the player
- More personal tricks by the "top players"

i can't say more because this is all they've passed me

I got up in the loft earlier and dusted off the PS2, PES 5 was inside the machine, which is what I wanted but when I lifted up the PS2 PES6 was underneath it. I never really liked 6 that much and never gave it much of a chance before switching back to 5, I decided to give it a go.... AWESOME!!!!

The one thing that really stood out after playing the first game was player individuality, in the past few months I have played PES5, 2008, 2010 and now 6 and I dont think any of the others have such a pronounced difference between players.

Another thing that stood out was how it feels alot less rigid than the latest game, how and why did Konami work towards this awkward stiff feeling in the game?

The close control is also great, I played as Inter vs Barca and with Cambiasso I was able to really control the midfield because he was able to turn his way out of trouble and get into space in tight situations.

There is one thing that is bothering and was what really put me off the game years ago and thats the player that is passed to is cemented to the spot unless you move him, I dont understand this.

If Pes2011 was just this with the latest graphics, all the new animations and 360 movement, passing & shooting it would be very good. I really do not understand how they went from PES6 to 2008, 2009 & a lesser extent 2010 :SHAKE:

I agree with everything you've said. I don't know what they did to it, but after PES 6 it all went downhill. Everything about the game is quality. You can dribble in tight spaces, you can round the keeper, you can put together wonderful passing moves, you can defend properly, the keepers dive properly, the CPU AI attacks properly, and it also has a lovely touch; when you score the camera zooms in and turns a little so your facing the net. It's brilliant and it makes the goal feel special.

I do wish you would post in english or at least, add a translation below.

Yes, i understand that people all over the world visit these forums, which is nice but the majority of us here speak English.

After all, this is an English website, no?

The problem is I don't believe he speaks a word of the queens and throwing his text into a translator is no use. His quote translates automatically on babelfish to:
The publisher of the game has been increased - New and varied ways to shoot according to the angle and position of the player - But technical gestures that recreate to stars I cannot deepen but because this is what they have happened to me

He has no idea if that's an accurate translation of what he was trying to say so it needs someone who can look at his text and read it understand it and then find the real correct words to translate.

Ron any news about goalkeepers, are the atlast well animated or they are still the same wooden puppets like before...

This is a really good post,especially in relation to game engines which generally are made up of various components including physics,ai,animation and graphics with the engine being the force that drives all these components,therefore certain elements ie the physics,ai and animation could recieve a overhaul and pes2011 would look and appear to be a very different game to pes2010 but still use its base.

Whats also interesting is this whole fifa manual passing debate,when for me i think konami will do it in there own way creating a system in which we the user will have full directional control 100% of the time(no teamvision ai overiding and making decisions on are behalf),with there system(konamis)being more logical,natural and intuitive,and although it will probably take a little time for us to adapt and tune into,in the long run it will become second nature,with factors like the stamina bar,body-foot position,the players overall ball control and technical ability effecting the ball that we direct and its quality and accuracy.I also believe it will be a one system fits all,so there wont be three different settings ala fifa(assisted,semi,manaul),creating a fair system in which those that are dedicated and put the practise and time in will be rewarded with a balanced game in which noobs will still be able to play a good game but the skilled who want to peel back the layers and expose the depth can take it to another level.

Also let us not forget even fifa10 and FWC still have a on rails feel to them,its just the animation maskes this well with a ball that still at times even in the semi-assisted,manual setting moves on pre-defined or pre-determined pathways,being something thats nearly impossble to illiminate from a football game with the tech of today,therefore much as ronaldo 23 alluded to your always going to have some element of this even in pes2011.

Last edited:
:FAIL: come on guys.. this Ronaldinho and van persi dont say anything new or special from that what we read in Press Release and already know . they talk nonsense general who absolutely cords until all PES . . leave them to talk a bull shi* or ban ... :TTTH:

It does seem that both Ronaldinho_23 and Van_Persie_10 are just talking in quite general terms about features that we already know about that have been either mentioned by Konami themselves or by people who actually were in Tokyo a couple of weeks ago. It's not really new information and could be written by anyone who has read the full PES 2011 press release. If they said something that we didn't know than that would be different however then you would have people jumping up and shouting FAKE! from the top of their lungs so it really is the safest bet to just wait for only a week and see official information from well respected sources.

The only people I ever trusted in terms of leaked information were ThomasGOAL and Kaiwai but neither post here often anymore.

Back
Top Bottom