PES 2011 Discussion thread

I did not post a lot about PES 2011 sofar ( not here, not on WENB or PESfan either ) because I still don't know what to think about the game.
The press-release was more than promising, but my initial thought was: "It is almost too good to be true".

After all those previous years, where the hype exceeded the games quality by far, I am a bit cautious now.

After the problems Ronaldinho23 mentioned first and what van_Persie wrote afterwards, I can only hope it will be better than I now think.

Last years there were response-problems too, just like now and most of us thought Konami would fix it. They did that a little bit, but not completely.

Now again we hope the problems Ronaldinho_23 and van_Persie mentioned will be fixed.
I wonder if that will happen. Konami has worked about 2 years on this game, so why didn't they fix these problems in an earlier phase of developement?

All will depend on which stage of developement game is in. Is the game indeed at 30%, like some people say, than there is good hope for improvement.

But I don't believe they are at 30%...

I think they are in a later phase: If Konami ( Blue Sky Team ) already worked for about two years on the game, it is impossible they are at 30% yet. With that time-table the game would be finished in a total of six years! :DD
They are probably at 70% or so and then I wonder if Konami will fix those problems...
Let's hope for the best and let's hope I for once am too pessimistic :YES:

Last edited:
No % talk please - The game has to be in advanced state if they have been working on it for so long and willing to show it next month.

And one thing we know from the past releases - what they show is similar to final product - no magic bullets go in that final phase.

Dribbling is improved no more micky mouse running ( hope you understand)
Shooting is realistic compared to last year
Pk is better you can aim at more directions
Wide cam graphics has more details in pes 2010 you couldnt see shirts good and etc.

Haha Nice to see it's summer time...:PIRATE:

firefirefireaq2.gif

So is there any proof/footage that shows the game sucks once again?
If not lets wait till we play the demo. even gameplay video cannot tell many things.

Van_Persie_10, I hope you understand if we're somewhat skeptical about your opinions. Do you have a link to your blog?

So is there any proof/footage that shows the game sucks once again?

I don't think Ronaldinho_23 way saying it was shit, just that there were bugs.

Ronaldinho_23@Evo-Web said:
"For what I have read and "understand", I believe many of you have misinterpreted what I said.

What I meant is that "some" passes, controls and some movements look "predetermined", like it is in PES2010, in which the ball seems to be like "remote controlled" (not sure how to translate "teledirigido")

It is not something to be alarmed about, but it seems curious that if they say that the game is very "free" (as in freedom of actions, not scripted)that the passes are better and all this talk of 360 degrees, well, it seems out of place that these kinds of mistakes can happen"

Last edited:
Dribbling is improved no more micky mouse running ( hope you understand)
Shooting is realistic compared to last year
Pk is better you can aim at more directions
Wide cam graphics has more details in pes 2010 you couldnt see shirts good and etc.

can you explain it in 2 lines? I mean detail it.

No % talk please - The game has to be in advanced state if they have been working on it for so long and willing to show it next month.

And one thing we know from the past releases - what they show is similar to final product - no magic bullets go in that final phase.

Good point,let us not forget the slider videos shown in june of last year which the final product wasnt very different from despite the promises that only 50% of the animation was done and there was still 50% more to be added.Both ea and konami work on a development cycle in which there games are normally finished and being tested in august while they commence work on the next edition.

We are looking at a very short amount of time before release just over 16 weeks which is nothing in development time and the game will go gold at least 6 weeks prior to release.

Lets all wait until we see gameplay videos and draw some conclusive conclusions then.

Last edited:
Van_Persie_10, I hope you understand if we're somewhat skeptical about your opinions. Do you have a link to your blog?

I don't think Ronaldinho_23 way saying it was shit, just that there were bugs.

Think its better if I get rid of the mistranslations and keep this one.

Aim.
Shoot.
:YAWN:

God, just in one week time we are gonna learn wha the f. is.
Don't pay attention to those idiots.

Don't think pictures will explain everything. We need videos first to have an idea, and demo to experience it all.

This is my final word and wont post till restriction Konami has said.

PES2011 is a great game Konami have worked so hard and their Marketing is much improved even better than Fifa. They have welcomed me and respected me as well. So i dont want to break connection however i feel for you guys waiting for pes news I was in this position and now I have played the game I try to share with you guys without showing disrespect to Konami.Gameplay videos and images will release but the reason why Konami has not decides is for timing for those that studied Marketing like me (if any in here)now that timing plays a big role its not because Konami is being ego but its because for timing.

Peace.

Adam hasn't played it but im sure he has all the information which is to be released on June the 1st. which is Images, Gameplay footage and possibly even further information.

Adam hasn't played it but im sure he has all the information which is to be released on June the 1st. which is Images, Gameplay footage and possibly even further information.

He did apparently played it a couple of months ago (probably when he said he packed his PS2 away), just not the recent "code" yet (I hate this word).

yeah! tomorrow is 1st June! eh? urm... wait a sec.. darn still a week ++ to go.. No wonder I haven't see any new pic.

That is what football does to us.

I know,its like we are all waiting for something that we can loose are selfs in for months if not the whole year,something that footie games on the next gen have failed to deliver,pes especially.

What is promising though is what van persie 10 said about the game being difficult to control,something that points to the fact that the game has a descent learning curve and wont be tamed in 1 day,which is something i positively embrace as most of us have been calling for something more fresh and challenging.Maybe they have made the ball a entity in itself which will give the game a realistic unpredictability like the real game with dribbling now being something that takes time and practice with hopefully a manual trapping system.

Interesting times,no hard facts just speculation.

Im still very positive about pes2011 though,there form has dipped recently on the technical front but there class still shines through even in pes2010.

He did apparently played it a couple of months ago (probably when he said he packed his PS2 away), just not the recent "code" yet (I hate this word).

Fair enough. But he should avoid statements like 'I've packed my PS2 away' and other hyperbole if he wants to sound as if he's learnt anything from the past few years. Such a statement says to me that PES2011 will be a PES5 beater. All it does is whip up the fans into a frenzy and set expectation levels too high.

Fair enough. But he should avoid statements like 'I've packed my PS2 away' and other hyperbole if he wants to sound as if he's learnt anything from the past few years. Such a statement says to me that PES2011 will be a PES5 beater. All it does is whip up the fans into a frenzy and set expectation levels too high.

It can mean he hopes it does beat PES 5. If he was sure, he would set his PS2 on fire instead. :LOL:

A) What negative points about the game did somebody speculate on that caused to fall into this pit of discussion? All i gathered from Ronaldinho's comments was that the game was not perfect. Plus we're hearing some pretty contradictory reports.

b) Van Persie suggested that 'their Marketing is much improved even better than Fifa'. I doubt it. Marketing is FIFA's main trick and undoubtedly perhaps the biggest factor toward their recent success. I'd be intrigued to hear of Konami's marketing techniques though. It is pretty obvious that they are going to slowly release information in order to try to manifest hype around the game.

c) I don't follow WENB but Adam sounds like a bit of an idiot.

Last edited:

For me adam on wenb confuses fact with his own personel lofted expectations of what pes will be each year.Add to that the reality that many of wenbs followers(no disrespect intended)tend to be stuck in a pes5/6 timewarp,believing that recycling those old games ageing formula is the answer to PESs problems,when its clear trying to map old ps2 code to modern hardware architecture has been a well documented and proven failure ie pes2008,2009 and 2010 although pes2010 is the best of the bunch.Thats not to say there wasnt something good in those old ps2 games and the next gen versions have certainly lacked the ps2 versions overall fluidity,although for me pes2010 is fundamentally a next gen version of those old games that exposes the weaknessess and limitations of those old games more then the ps2 ever did.

You dont have to be a gambling man to realise pes2011 was always going to be something different and much improved from the last three years and eas sales of 15 million plus of fifa10 was always going to be the biggest factor in getting konami to actually invest money on new tech giving the gameplay the much needed overhaul it requires.

I still think adams playing a guessing game though and hasnt played pes2011 yet,hes just very hyper optimistic as hes well aware last years sales of pes2010 where shocking and the old pes fanbase is starting to dwindle massively in numbers.

So in a nutshell what im saying is pes2011 has to be something bigger and better that moves this genre forward and opens are eyes again to what can be achieved in the year 2010 much like the very first pes did way back when.

Don't think pictures will explain everything. We need videos first to have an idea, and demo to experience it all.

And you think these "leakers" are more reliable than videos?
Pictures and journo infos are 1 week away, and they will also be more reliable than ronaldinho and van persie (What I am afraid of is there will be an "all star team" of leakers soon!)

I agree with expander. I have a few point regarding his last paragraph.

Since PES' slump in 2008 and 2009 (where as expander put it the game's mechanics were still highlighting the non functioning PS2 style) the audience lost interest and rather quickly at that, moving on to the now supposedly rising FIFA titles. A lot of the former PES lovers who moved to FIFA found a game that was better than the current PES titles (08/09) and one that may have changed their mindset regarding football games. PES 5/6 were established as the best games on the market at the time and it took a while for the PES name to get there. As such it drew attention and people generally adopting the mindset that they needed to learn how to play football games effectively, this being a charm of the old PES', having to learn how to master the game. Now regardless of your stance about FIFA games one thing that can be said is that they are generally very easy, they don't require much of a learning process at all and because of this are pretty accessible to anybody. Perhaps a lot people (especially the casuals, no offence intended) are genuinely too used to this formula now?

What i can gather is that people want PES2011 to be as challenging and deep as the old PES' were (inc. me). The thing is that there are a heck of a lot of people out there who are so accustomed to FIFA's ease (and i should know, my friends are this way) that i doubt they would give PES 2011 a go even if it was a great PES title simply because they are so used to now really having to learn how to master a game.

What i am trying to say is that as expander alluded to 'pes2011 has to be something bigger and better that moves this genre forward and opens are eyes again to what can be achieved in the year 2010 much like the very first pes did way back when'. Even if it does then i can't see it winning that many people over, not this year atleast. Not unless the series (not an individual game) establishes itself as consistently great again and can draw people back this way.

Generally video games are easier nowadays so do you think PES is going to have to become easier in order to appeal to people?
Or do you think that it will wait to see if it can establish it's name back again and win people over through admiration like the old days?

Sunday afternoon = me being bored.

Last edited:
new teams PES 2011: information confirmed: CRUZ AZUL, Wolfsburg, Stuttgart, Bayern Munich, Werder Bremen, SERIE B, LECH POZNAN, LEGIA WARSAW , teams from the Copa Libertadores, APOEL Nicosia, GREEK PREMIER LEAGUE

Back
Top Bottom