PES 2011 Discussion thread

no, por lo que os leo y "entiendo", creo que muchos han malinterpretado mis palabras..

lo que yo digo es que los "algunos" pases, controles, y algun movimiento se ve como predefinido..como en pes2010, que el balon iba demasiado teledirigido..

no es algo alarmante, pero parece llamativo, ya que si dicen que el juego es muy libre, que los pases son mejorados y todo esto del 360 grados..pues queda feo que ocurra ese tipo de fallos.

es imposible implementar una libertad total imagino.

Last edited:
no, por lo que os leo y "entiendo", creo que muchos han malinterpretado mis palabras..

lo que yo digo es que los "algunos" pases, controles, y algun movimiento se ve como predefinido..como en pes2010, que el balon iba demasiado teledirigido..

no es algo alarmante, pero parece llamativo, ya que si dicen que el juego es muy libre, que los pases son mejorados y todo esto del 360 grados..pues queda feo que ocurra ese tipo de fallos.

Pasando fueron una gran mejora de Pes2010 en mi opinión. ¿Qué buid has jugado el 30%?

U are right it's not perfect the movements of players and the ball and the shots , if konami say Pes 2011 have total freedom , i hope if they are right.

Still, it wasn't you the one who played it... So...

I'll try my best to translate:

"For what I have read and "understand", I believe many of you have misinterpreted what I said.

What I meant is that "some" passes, controls and some movements look "predetermined", like it is in PES2010, in which the ball seems to be like "remote controlled" (not sure how to translate "teledirigido")

It is not something to be alarmed about, but it seems curious that if they say that the game is very "free" (as in freedom of actions, not scripted)that the passes are better and all this talk of 360 degrees, well, it seems out of place that these kinds of mistakes can happen"

I would say that a PES game can never be too "free", with the risk of losing its personality, its individuality. But lets see if journalists report on this.

"For what I have read and "understand", I believe many of you have misinterpreted what I said.

What I meant is that "some" passes, controls and some movements look "predetermined", like it is in PES2010, in which the ball seems to be like "remote controlled" (not sure how to translate "teledirigido")

It is not something to be alarmed about, but it seems curious that if they say that the game is very "free" (as in freedom of actions, not scripted)that the passes are better and all this talk of 360 degrees, well, it seems out of place that these kinds of mistakes can happen"

Misleading advertising. This shouldn't come as a surprise to us old timers. This is standard procedure for Konami, they've done it for years. It's quite astonishing.

Remember all the hoopla about 360 degree control? Turns out it wasn't even that.

Well we'll all be able to make up our minds in 9-10 days time anyway (which is brilliant, to be able to have 90% idea of what the game will be - In June!)

Are my eyes decieving me? No they're not, thank god someone has finally woke up:

PES5_FTW said:
"Man oh man oh man... without any disrespect (I truly mean that):

Is this site made up of 90% hypocrites?

I guarantee you that had this 'RONALDINHO' character said the opposite the whole forum would explode with joy and nobody would really care about where he got the info and most would bring up points of how he used to be CORRECT in the past. I have seen numerous posts saying that we should disregard 'him'. I ask those people: Why?

3 years in a row Konami is taking a shit on you. 3 years in a row! And now we have a guy (who has a decent track-record of getting many things right in the past) who says negative things about the game and half the people want to disregard him... BUT

'PENPAS' earns over-night legendary status...why? Because he reported back with positive news. That is why.

Jon Murphy (Konami PR) comes on here and says nice things about the game and people go nuts about it. Why? Because it is Positive! How much can you expect from a KONAMI PR person who last year claimed that PES2010 was the best PES to date. He straight-out lies. And if he ever tried to say "Well it is my opinion that PES2010 is the best" then that man simply does not know what the hell is talking about or he is a straight-out liar...I'd love it if he commented on this but obviously he won't because he has nothing to back the "PES2010 is the best pes to date" claim.

No video on June 1st. They invite all those journalists to go and play the game and yet they wont show us a video people... a video that would show off all these great claims by konami. I mean, from my understanding they should be about 14-18 months into this 'NEW' PES game. If after 14-18 months you cant show a video of your product than I must question what you have been doing for all those months...

First. Adam claims that we will be absolutely BLOWN away by the trailer...that was a fail (in my opinion, I was rather disappointed).

Second, Adam says that come June 1st, we will all be blown away and that he cant wait for us to see it...later he mentions that we will only have 1 WIDE CAM pic (which is the only pic that can truly show us PES in its real form and not that PR crap to make the game seem better than it is) and he mentions that lowering our expectations now should be a good idea.

No offense to anyone man but this is starting to feel like 2010 all over again. Love PRE-2008 PES games... but I am truly doubting KONAMI for PES2011 and I truly hope that FIFA11 can nail some individuality."

PES5_FTW, if you're listening, thank you, for speaking the truth. This is easily the best post ever written in that horrendous place.

Last edited:
Wait for 1. June for right conclusions.

Ohhh, repeating again...
23jrc09.jpg

:LMAO:

Last edited:

well,this is what i wanted to hear
if there are only certain kind of passes that look that way, then i'm not alarmed at all
remember that this the first in a long time that Konami changed gameplay system, it's almost normal to have these kind of problems
i mean, even the other fotball game had some problems in passing system as it first approached to the manual revolution
No game is without flaws, no one

As related to wenb, yes, they are maybe too optimistic, but it's their view on the game, and no one should joke about them just for staying positive
instead it's good to have such a place, as well as there are hyper pessimistic sites like pesgaming, there are also hyper optimistic ones as wenb
evo web stays in the middle and it's the best thing to do, being cautious :))

Ronaldinho_23 is obviously well informed, he have some one who trust him and who told him all this, but he betrayed his trust and all this said to us, so that he isn't a man of trust.
Probably something he isn't interpreted well, as last year for something is was right for something it isn't.

Last edited:
This is just another case of Adam hyping-up the game way too much, way too early without really having a solid platform to make the claims he has. Same old same old, unfortunately. The PES2011 trailer was average at best and the Konami press release was just words at this stage. Certainly words that I wanted to hear, but just PR words nonetheless, akin to the last few years.

I'm glad Ronaldinho_23's info has raised a few doubts. I think the community needs to calm down a bit and lower their expectations. You can't be too disappointed that way and only more impressed if the game really is something special.

Konami must show a proper gameplay video next month. If they don't I'm going to start to get worried. Show this game in motion and put everyone's minds at ease.

This is just another case of Adam hyping-up the game way too much, way too early without really having a solid platform to make the claims he has. Same old same old, unfortunately. The PES2011 trailer was average at best and the Konami press release was just words at this stage. Certainly words that I wanted to hear, but just PR words nonetheless, akin to the last few years.

I'm glad Ronaldinho_23's info has raised a few doubts. I think the community needs to calm down a bit and lower their expectations. You can't be too disappointed that way and only more impressed if the game really is something special.

Konami must show a proper gameplay video next month. If they don't I'm going to start to get worried. Show this game in motion and put everyone's minds at ease.

You have a point. Actually, Adam recently commented that it was good that Ronaldinho_23 was raising some possible problems instead of just hyping the game positively like he did, so June still comes as a surprise for many. Lets see.

Just a thing, some are already throwing a party, they seem to enjoy that this is "just another bad year for PES", and they are happy that it "sucks once again". Well, sorry to disappointed you, but there's absolutely no reason for thinking that, at least yet... (well, there isn't too much reasons to think the opposite... Yet also...) So... Yeah, if you feel like that, I hope you die with squirrel aids. :BOP:

Last edited:

Spot on mate!The game must be shown in motion, so we can really relax or get really worried once again , for year number 4!!!

Actually, Adam recently commented that it was good that Ronaldinho_23 was raising some possible problems instead of just hyping the game positively like he did, so June still comes as a surprise for many. Lets see.

I know he did as I read the WENB forums. And as far as I'm aware Adam has not played PES2011 yet (he said he hopes to play it this week), just the folk that were flown out to Tokyo have played it. What he knows must be what he's been shown/told by............Konami PR!

Just a thing, some are already throwing a party, they seem to enjoy that this is "just another bad year for PES", and they are happy that it "sucks once again". Well, sorry to disappointed you, but there's absolutely no reason for thinking that, at least yet... So... Yeah, if you feel like that, I hope you die with squirrel aids. :BOP:

Not really necessary, mate. No-one's throwing a party here, just a bit of well grounded open-mindedness from experience of what's gone before. We're mostly a positive bunch here, and the one's that aren't obviously don't care that much for PES.

I know he did as I read the WENB forums. And as far as I'm aware Adam has not played PES2011 yet (he said he hopes to play it this week), just the folk that were flown out to Tokyo have played it. What he knows must be what he's been shown/told by............Konami PR!

It is true that he didn't played the game yet (at least it seems like so), but I wouldn't say that everything he knows was just told to him by Konami PR, he probably tried to gather the impressions from PSM3 and Eurogamer already. But yeah, I don't know, we don't know.

Not really necessary, mate. No-one's throwing a party here, just a bit of well grounded open-mindedness from experience of what's gone before. We're mostly a positive bunch here, and the one's that aren't obviously don't care that much for PES.

"Some" (without saying a number. Hey, maybe it's just one) seem to be really happy that Konami won't deliver again. It's not just negativity, they seem to be really happy with all this.

I also don't understand why Konami pulled the plug on the leaked 'power-bar' image. That single, grainy, low-res image alone created more of a (mostly) positive reaction than the trailer.

The community was buzzing after seeing the power-bar. Konami should have just let it be. They really don't help themselves sometimes.

Pes2011 is totally new but it is a bit difficult to play. Although what irritated me the most was the response and passing, there are stil minor bugs but I think that Konami will get it right before it releases the game. The graphics are very similar to pes2010 and dont expect much from that. What ronaldinho23 said is how I felt as well

Hope you understand my english.

Last edited:

Good post,whats also important to remember is at this stage of development most of the finetuning is being done to the ball physics,passing,shooting and ai.

I imagine all the new animations are in place and the game moves well and looks fluid but its still at the beta stage and what game that is still in development doesnt have issues with bugs.

For me you dont fly eurogamer one of PESs biggest critics out to japan if you have something sub-par to show it just doesnt make any sense.

Konami never said pes2011 uses a new engine and people have to be realistic,pes2010 is a good base that i doubt has been scrapped.Thats not to say 1000 new animations wont make a massive difference nor will implementing a new collision system,freeing up the control interface and using a different ai system moving away from teamvision which renders us passengers to the will of the cpu.

For me pes2010 was always a two year rolling project with what we see in pes2010 being a glass that is half full or half empty(or the base for something better)rather then the full ticket,its just going to take better animation,ai and a user defined passing and shooting for some of us to see konamis true next gen vision for pes.

I can understand sceptisism based on pes2008/09/10 and the fact that konami themselves have built quite a large tower of expectation with there press release and teaser trailer,so quite rightly they shouldnt expect anyhting less then a huge backlash if they dont deliver this year.

Pes2011 is totally new but it is a bit difficult to play. Although what irritated me the most was the response and passing, there are stil minor bugs but I think that Konami will get it right before it releases the game. The graphics are very similar to pes2010 and dont expect much from that. What ronaldinho23 said is how I felt as well

And who are you exactly?

I also don't understand why Konami pulled the plug on the leaked 'power-bar' image. That single, grainy, low-res image alone created more of a (mostly) positive reaction than the trailer.

The community was buzzing after seeing the power-bar. Konami should have just let it be. They really don't help themselves sometimes.

There was some negativity to go along with the positivity. From what I gather Konami said the phone picture wasn't representative of the game's true graphical quality. They didn't want people getting the wrong impression. Understandable.

And who are you exactly?

I second that.

Yeah, who are you?

In response to Jamezinho:

Apparently Adam did played the game already (probably when he said he packed away his PS2, lol), he is just waiting to play the latest code (the same the guys played over at Japan).

I played the early version about a month ago and may play the new version. I have my own blog/site. This is enough dont want to expose myself.

Back
Top Bottom