PES 2011 Discussion thread

Just went and bought PES 2008.

:JAY:

For comparison's sake
:CONF:

My sentiments exactly :)

Well, I see what you're trying to do, and I respect that - it should be a great trip. I can say that I was enjoying PES2009 a lot, and after playing the PES2010 demo, I thought "hmm... 2009 is better". However, after the full game got released, it was the same PES-process of old: at first I dislike it, but I can't go back to the previous game afterwards.

I still enjoy PES2010 to this day, I'm on my 3rd season in the ML with Sporting Lisbon, in the UEFA CL group stage, and having fun with it.

It's got its problems, for sure, but it still is a blast the feeling of scoring a goal, actually pulling off a great comeback or a fantastic play.

It'll have to keep me entertained 'til the demo is out.

I went back to PES6 a couple of days ago, but I found it too easy to be enjoyable (and I'm playing with Sporting...). The response times and movement is great, but... I feel it's the memory playing tricks on me. Same goes for PES5 - surely we don't want a game that stops 4 times in a match because of a handball :|

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

It's....

Ok.. I liked the first game I played because I picked two slow paced teams. But when I picked Barca v Arsenal in my 2nd, I knew why I sold it. A Barca v Arsenal game should be fun, but instead it was boring as hell. The only thing good about it was the ultra responsiveness of every player when dribbling, the short passing, and keepers felt good with 1v1 situations. But problems happen when quick players sprint. Eto'o, Henry, and Ronaldinho were unstoppable. All I had to do was run with any of them from midway to the box and shoot or pass. Crossing and long balls are ugly. They travel at the speed of sound.. Shooting felt good sometimes, specially with the ones going way off, not even hitting the corner flag :LOL:

It was refreshing though, specially the dribbling. I almost forgot how it felt like pressing a direction on the d-pad and player responds in an instant.

I like the turf grain options as well. I really hope it makes it to 2011 but i don't think so.

It felt like a PS2 game with updated graphics and canon-like long passing.

Playing with the right stick again for tricks felt good as well. I'm one who wants it back. Simply because I don't use tricks alot and depend mainly on normal movements. It annoys me on 2010 when I press twice of the D-pad in the same direction and that special move happens. Its unintentional at all. Sometimes I like to slow down and move in one direction slowly, but instead that special move gets executed and I lose the ball.

UPDATE: Playing ML atm in 2008. Must admit that because of the perfect responsiveness I'm actually really enjoying playing with the default players. Yes they're not talented compared to many other teams but playing a passing game with weaker players who are very responsive feels great. Then scoring a goal with them feels very, very rewarding.

FK's in 2010 I feel are difficult for me. I've only managed to score 3 or 4 in many games. In 2008, I've just scored my first with the defualt ML players and what a peach it was.

The positive things in every PES game should definitely make a comeback in 2011.

Last edited:
Ok I'm back to 2010. It is definitely the best of the bunch overall. Didn't like 2009 much, preferred 2008 over it. Playing with the default players in ML felt really satisfying in 2008.

Now for the life of me I can't understand why keepers in 2008 felt much better compared to 2010. They give me that confidence and security that I can't feel in 2010. That and responsiveness, if in 2010, would've been the perfect game for me.

So, I'm hoping to God these things are fixed in 2011, adding in the mix the new engine and 1000 animations, then should be a game worth every penny.

For now, back to 2010, and enough boring yous ;)

I hope that in the new pes you can feel the true atmosphere of football. To be improved following the game during the match, fans sing (original as in fifa 10) realistic ball sound improved, commentator. As far as gameplay is a:

more precise control system for players especially at 360 degrees xbox 360, improved goalkeeper AI - to add something that was not yet in games of soccer goalkeepers visible physical strength for interventions in the penalty box, etc.. Improved AI defenders, new tricks and animations players, individual approach to the players, realistic nets like premiership, a lot of new teams from around the world, shoes, more editing option,

YouTube - Artur Boruc W Akcji

REAL GOALKEPPERS SKILLS :)

Last edited:
Decided to play the PES 2010 demo after the promise 2011 is showing. The lack of control is awful :SHOCK: their isn't a collision system at all! The wide camera is too high, I hope they include customisable cameras.

Thats without mentioning the response times, probably worse than FIFA 08, Hopefully 2011 delivers on everything it says because 2010 was well and truly shocking in most departments

the individuality was good though, instant control with the likes of Xavi/Iniesta and Messi is a real menace. You can pass it about without super pressure though but the lack of "movement" means its not all that.

what im really looking for in the new pes is the variety of ways you can score goals,im really hoping with the new animations that the scope for scoring fantastic goals will be limitless given the players skill,technique and individuality

YouTube - The Top 100 Best Goals Ever - THE REVIEW!!! - 100/76

goals like these ones should be possible(theres another 75goals there to watch) like in the ps2 pes games if theyve really nailed the gameplay and animations

Decided to play the PES 2010 demo after the promise 2011 is showing. The lack of control is awful :SHOCK: their isn't a collision system at all! The wide camera is too high, I hope they include customisable cameras.

Thats without mentioning the response times, probably worse than FIFA 08, Hopefully 2011 delivers on everything it says because 2010 was well and truly shocking in most departments

the individuality was good though, instant control with the likes of Xavi/Iniesta and Messi is a real menace. You can pass it about without super pressure though but the lack of "movement" means its not all that.

That is what happened to me after I went back to playing 2008. Player control and responsiveness in 2008 is "too light" that when I played 2010 again it felt too laggy. I'm back playing 2008 again because of that alone. I feel in total control and playing my passing game, even though I'm getting hammered 0-4, 1-4, 0-2 etc, I'm enjoying it.

I think we seriously need responsiveness back in PES again.

I think we will get responsiveness back this year. It's one of the major things the fans have been complaining about and Konami have supposedly been listening to us, so no excuses.

I think we will get responsiveness back this year. It's one of the major things the fans have been complaining about and Konami have supposedly been listening to us, so no excuses.

After playing 2010 for a long time I've got accustomed to it. But after this experience today, I just can't get myself to like it. Felt like a heavy burden. I wanted to throw the pad at the screen fgs.

That is what happened to me after I went back to playing 2008. Player control and responsiveness in 2008 is "too light" that when I played 2010 again it felt too laggy. I'm back playing 2008 again because of that alone. I feel in total control and playing my passing game, even though I'm getting hammered 0-4, 1-4, 0-2 etc, I'm enjoying it.

I think we seriously need responsiveness back in PES again.

Among other issues like the animation and the looming shadow of some of the PES 2009 'upgrades' (all of which I'd pay good money for Konami to strip out and perform hideous medical experiments on), the responsiveness is easily the biggest reason why I can't enjoy PES 2010.

It's one thing to try and simulate the need for footballers to compose themselves or take touches. It's quite another to make the response times large enough for you to fit another match in between button presses. It's not at all realistic, no matter what any apologist might say.

Last edited:
So Lami would you say PES 09 is a better balance then (out of 8/9/10) out the lot or does that have problems which are even worse.

It's bad to be happy about it? Seriously. Ok then, they might as well take it away again. Along with all the stuff that they may be planning to bring back. Apparently some people don't want them, move forward without these stuff.

Nah I keed, but it seems you don't want old stuff to be back? Why consider it a stagnation?

You surely aren't speaking for everyone here lol.

It's ok to be happy about ANYTHING. It's just a videogame.

But sometimes I think it's a part of their game to take things away from the game only to announce them a few years later. It's stupid.

Lami, did you ever play PES6 for the 360? Boy, that's a wonderful game. PES6 in HD... with ps2 playability.
Loved every second of it. Too bad I only got to play it 4 or 5 years after its release. lol.

Among the features mentioned in the previous posts,

what I'd like to see coming back into the game is:

- Away team chants!

I'm sick to hear just home team supporters all the time...
it's unrealistic stuff and I don't understand why they made such a terrible mistake cutting it out from latests PES.

Also, I'd like to see something I recall from the old PS2 game ISS Pro...

National Teams Flags taken on the pitch by fifa kids during international matches and National Anthems played!

What do you think? :))

After watching that Argentina goal from the last world cup in the video goalgerd posted, I hope that PES has longer replays. I have scored a few goals like that and then in the replay all you get to see is like 3 passes then the goal, it sucks.

So Lami would you say PES 09 is a better balance then (out of 8/9/10) out the lot or does that have problems which are even worse.
Honestly, after trying all 3 all day yesterday, I couldn't get myself to like 2009 one bit. I preferred 2010 and 2008. 2010 is the best of the bunch no doubt for many reasons, but it's lagging responsiveness is what breaks it for me. 2008, on the other hand, feels too light and just feels like the old PS2 games. You can play possession football for 90 minutes with passing the ball about. Also keeping the ball with your "shit" player using only the directional buttons without ever sprinting feels so good because movement feels very easy, just like it should be imo. Sliding tackles felt better on 2008 also and the GK is much more responsive or probably has better animations.

What I realized, when playing 2008 without sprinting, just walking or jogging about and passing, the defensive AI is harder. They closer you get to their goal the more players drop back. I couldn't find any space to shoot or penetrate. Maybe it was because I was playing with default ML players though. Shooting felt good as well. I don't like crossing because it feels wrong, like shooting a ball out of a cannon on to your players head, the poor fella.
Lami, did you ever play PES6 for the 360? Boy, that's a wonderful game. PES6 in HD... with ps2 playability.
Loved every second of it. Too bad I only got to play it 4 or 5 years after its release. lol.

Yes I did. I was thinking of it last night. I remember it being enjoyable but at the same time it didn't feel that different to 2008.

What's baffling me is that I always had this thought that 2008 is shit. As in a rating of ZERO shit. But after playing it yeterday its actually not bad at all. Just never sprint or cross :LOL:

EDIT:Of course, none of this is fact. It is all my humble and honest opinion.

Last edited:
Honestly, after trying all 3 all day yesterday, I couldn't get myself to like 2009 one bit. I preferred 2010 and 2008. 2010 is the best of the bunch no doubt for many reasons, but it's lagging responsiveness is what breaks it for me. 2008, on the other hand, feels too light and just feels like the old PS2 games. You can play possession football for 90 minutes with passing the ball about. Also keeping the ball with your "shit" player using only the directional buttons without ever sprinting feels so good because movement feels very easy, just like it should be imo. Sliding tackles felt better on 2008 also and the GK is much more responsive or probably has better animations.

What I realized, when playing 2008 without sprinting, just walking or jogging about and passing, the defensive AI is harder. They closer you get to their goal the more players drop back. I couldn't find any space to shoot or penetrate. Maybe it was because I was playing with default ML players though. Shooting felt good as well. I don't like crossing because it feels wrong, like shooting a ball out of a cannon on to your players head, the poor fella.

Yes I did. I was thinking of it last night. I remember it being enjoyable but at the same time it didn't feel that different to 2008.

What's baffling me is that I always had this thought that 2008 is shit. As in a rating of ZERO shit. But after playing it yeterday its actually not bad at all. Just never sprint or cross :LOL:

I just cant buy into that Lami to be honest. The reason PES 2008 is so easy to control is because its just a glorified arcade game for me. It does pretty much everything for you. But I guess it's whatever floats your boat. I much prefer PES 2010 and it's 'lagginess' as some people call it. It's not lagginess in my opinion. It's merely replicating varying techniques. For every Bergkamp, there has to be a polar opposite. I play in a league with Lille. I have no problem with any of the players, and it's because I use every players strengths in the correct manner. I dont dribble with CB's, I get rid of the ball, nice and simple short passes. I let my CMF or AMF's do the clever stuff. Thats what there skillset is made up of.

I would be extremely unhappy if any of this so called 'lagginess' is removed from PES 2011, extremely unhappy. I dont want a glorified arcade game personally. Stick with the realism. If people truly believe that every player is confident enough to play slick first time passes, volleys, flicks etc in one motion then they are not understanding footballing fundementals. In my opinion of course.

I've written an article for the PEEL site front page, entitled the Beautiful Game. It's a brief history of football, football video game history, and PES full history. Have a look if you fancy a trip down memory lane. ;)

Here is a snippet from the article which highlights what I have written earlier.

The footballing philosphy adopted by Shingo "Seabass" Takatsuka for his Pro Evolution Soccer series over the years has been nothing short of pure undiluted genius. Never in football video game history has any development team recreated the Beautiful Game in such a frighteningly realistic manner. Understanding the fundamentals of football, and the respective techniques within the game have been paramount for Konami to achieve their unparralleled success. The key factor, and the ongoing hallmark of the series lies within the emphasis on player individuality. In order to truly imitate and reproduce football on an interactive video gaming platform, you need to simulate what you covert. Konami have always held this philosophy in high regard, and thus produced a database of players, each of which, are independently exclusive to the next. This idiology has ensured that no one player ever comprises the same skillset, this in turn guarantees that you always have 22 individual players collectively combining to create a completely unique team. The infinite amount of variables this system can deliver assures limitless eventualities. This secures the magical ‘No game is ever the same’ feeling, a longstanding trademark of the Pro Evolution Soccer series The sheer unpredictability factor of football is what Konami have understood and replicated perfectly. This in turn is what produces the classic ‘jumping out of your seat moments’ that have become synonymous with the brand.

Click below to read the rest.

http://peelcommunity.ipbfree.com/index.php?showtopic=7390

Last edited:
It does pretty much everything for you.
In what way? Because I felt like I was in total control of my players' movements, which is pretty realistic to me. Close control is very good as well. I'm not saying they turn like messi and ronaldinho etc. But atleast they're doing the basics right. If they were that good I wouldn't be getting hammered pretty much every game :LOL: The passing feels really good as well, but not perfect, because its all about stats. I've had many passes go astray because of their shit passing accuracy stat, bar one or two players with good accuracy stats.
I would be extremely unhappy if any of this so called 'lagginess' is removed from PES 2011, extremely unhappy. I dont want a glorified arcade game personally. Stick with the realism. If people truly believe that every player is confident enough to play slick first time passes, volleys, flicks etc in one motion then they are not understanding footballing fundementals. In my opinion of course.

I do play football almost every week Jimmy. I'm no pro but I know when I want my body and legs to do a certain move they do respond, unless I was a fat boy. I believe that is how it should be in the game as well. Don't think it is anything arcady.

For example, after playing 2008 yesterday, I played 2010 again and the difference was immense, mostly the graphical side. What I didn't like though, was the lag. I scored an own goal in my first match man.. :II And it was pretty stupid. My defender automatically moved towards the goal and when I tried to turn him around, like something so simple I would do in real life, he just wouldn't respond. Instead, he slowed down, let the ball cross the line, and then tried clearing it, which obviously was too late. That alone to me is wrong, because he had all the time in the world to turn around, and he was about 6m away from goal. I wish I uploaded it.

I don't know if its right to tell anyone this though, as most people think 2008 is "shit", but I recommend people try playing it now, specially after 2010.

Don't know if I'm exaggerating, but honestly the keepers in 2008 are much better imo. They stretch out perfectly and their arms reach out for the ball. Disliking the rebound goals though.

Last edited:
I just cant buy into that Lami to be honest. The reason PES 2008 is so easy to control is because its just a glorified arcade game for me. It does pretty much everything for you. But I guess it's whatever floats your boat. I much prefer PES 2010 and it's 'lagginess' as some people call it. It's not lagginess in my opinion. It's merely replicating varying techniques. For every Bergkamp, there has to be a polar opposite. I play in a league with Lille. I have no problem with any of the players, and it's because I use every players strengths in the correct manner. I dont dribble with CB's, I get rid of the ball, nice and simple short passes. I let my CMF or AMF's do the clever stuff. Thats what there skillset is made up of.

I've written an article for the PEEL site front page, entitled the Beautiful Game. It's a brief history of football, football video game history, and PES full history. Have a look if you fancy a trip down memory lane. ;)

Here is a snippet from the article which highlights what I have written earlier.

Click below to read the rest.

http://peelcommunity.ipbfree.com/index.php?showtopic=7390

Boy what have you been smoking,pes2010 is a complete parody of real football,and considering your profile avatar has a picture of iss2000 you should know better as that series of games by majorA was lightyears ahead of PES.

Any fool can play pes2010 well as it doesnt require much in the way of skill and its a far cry from being a beatifall simulation of the real game.

Do you actually watch real football?because from my memory no real game is ever as clunky,laboured or as mechanical as pes2010.Football is all about fluid motion,freedom and kicking a inflated sphere of air around,not wrestling players and having a game that does all the thinking and calculations for you,automating all the aspects of the game that are fun like passing,shooting,crossing,long passing and through passing.

Your one serious pes fan boy thats in serious denial.

Pes2010 is broken to its core this is why pes2011 is the revamp that the pes series so badly needs to bring it finally into the 21st century.

In what way? Because I felt like I was in total control of my players' movements, which is pretty realistic to me. Close control is very good as well. I'm not saying they turn like messi and ronaldinho etc. But atleast they're doing the basics right. If they were that good I wouldn't be getting hammered pretty much every game :LOL: The passing feels really good as well, but not perfect, because its all about stats. I've had many passes go astray because of their shit passing accuracy stat, bar one or two players with good accuracy stats.

I do play football almost every week Jimmy. I'm no pro but I know when I want my body and legs to do a certain move they do respond, unless I was a fat boy. I believe that is how it should be in the game as well. Don't think it is anything arcady.

For example, after playing 2008 yesterday, I played 2010 again and the difference was immense, mostly the graphical side. What I didn't like though, was the lag. I scored an own goal in my first match man.. :II And it was pretty stupid. My defender automatically moved towards the goal and when I tried to turn him around, like something so simple I would do in real life, he just wouldn't respond. Instead, he slowed down, let the ball cross the line, and then tried clearing it, which obviously was too late. That alone to me is wrong, because he had all the time in the world to turn around, and he was about 6m away from goal. I wish I uploaded it.

I don't know if its right to tell anyone this though, as most people think 2008 is "shit", but I recommend people try playing it now, specially after 2010.

Don't know if I'm exaggerating, but honestly the keepers in 2008 are much better imo. They stretch out perfectly and their arms reach out for the ball. Disliking the rebound goals though.

It isnt perfect mate, but the theory of what they are trying to create is spot on in my opinion. I hated PES 2008 with a passion mate. But thats only opinion. I find PES 2009 alot easier to play and master than PES 2010. But thats what I love about PES 2010, it makes you think about every variable so much more than any PES since PES 5. I get the impression I want something different from a football game to most. And thats cool, because thankfully Konami give me it.

Last edited:
Boy what have you been smoking,pes2010 is a complete parody of real football,and considering your profile avatar has a picture of iss2000 you should know better as that series of games by majorA was lightyears ahead of PES.

Any fool can play pes2010 well as it doesnt require much in the way of skill and its a far cry from being a beatifall simulation of the real game.

Do you actually watch real football?because from my memory no real game is ever as clunky,laboured or as mechanical as pes2010.Football is all about fluid motion,freedom and kicking a inflated sphere of air around,not wrestling players and having a game that does all the thinking and calculations for you,automating all the aspects of the game that are fun like passing,shooting,crossing,long passing and through passing.

Pes2010 is broken to its core this is why pes2011 is the revamp that the pes series so badly needs to bring it finally into the 21st century.

Its called Mango, a real fruity smooth taste with quite a euphoric high. It's lovely, highly recommended.

A succinct summation of why PES 2010 is abhorrent, the mini-revolution change list konami are claiming to gun for if well executed (doubtfully) would be quite incredible and would probably see the first proper PES game on PS3/360 generation.

As far as PES 08 and 10 go, I at least got 6 months out of 2008 as opposed to the 2 from Konami's 2010's cyborg game. We can only hope the lies finally end from PES prod.'s end and they finally instill the listed changes into the game and execute these changes well. Personally, the teaser video and the blurry pic with messi dislocating his shoulder isn't enough for me to form an opinion on PES 11's direction thus far.

About the bolded part, I don't agree, because any fool can master any game using exploits. Simple.

About your whole post, well thats his opinion. I understand where you are coming from, but I see no need for flaming or winding up. :NONO:

Try giving your opinion with a bit of respect. It won't harm you.

For example, this is your post without disrespecting:

Pes2010 is a complete parody of real football.

It doesnt require much in the way of skill and its a far cry from being a beatifall simulation of the real game.

Doesn't this version look better? ;)

Its called Mango, a real fruity smooth taste with quite a euphoric high. It's lovely, highly recommended.

Your making me hungry :EMB:

Last edited:
About the bolded part, I don't agree, because any fool can master any game using exploits. Simple.

About your whole post, well thats his opinion. I understand where you are coming from, but I see no need for flaming or winding up. Try giving your opinion with a bit of respect. It won't harm you.

For example, this is your post without disrespecting:

Doesn't this version look better? ;)

Water off a ducks back Lami. I'm bullet-proof. :LOL:

The only guy I take notice of outside the PES fanclub is Romagnoli. The rest just make me smile with their ignorance.

I understand frustration, but still that shouldn't be an excuse to disrespect people.

Also, don't change the subject, give me that mango
smug.png

Water off a ducks back Lami. I'm bullet-proof. :LOL:

The only guy I take notice of outside the PES fanclub is Romagnoli. The rest just make me smile with their ignorance.

Ignorance?ive been playing this genre since konami hyper soccer on the NES.

Pes2010-Terrible physhics(sticky players and sticky ball syndrome),no player collision system,awful ai,auto passing and shooting system,d-pad movement mechanics ect ect,infact i could go on and on.

The reality is pes2010 sold 1 million copies(half where returned or part exchanged in the first fortnight)in europe compared to 7 million copies of pes2009,which clearly shows what the majority think and thought of pes2010 by voting with there wallets.Theres absolutely nothing hardcore or skill based about pes2010,even my wife who has no hand eye co-ordination and is rubbish at games can play and score fantastic goals in pes2010.On the ps2 not many people would even get near my box where as in pes2010 any rookie can score wonder goals against me,theres just no game balance.

Also the button lag in pes2010 is not intentional,pes2010 is a unfinished beta game that needed alot more work done on it before it was released,but as they have done for three years now konami brought a half baked game to market akin to any other developer pulling the cake out of the oven before it has had time to rise,and jimmy it shows!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Ignorance?i been playing this genre since konami hyper soccer on the NES.

Pes2010-Terrible physhics(sticky players and sticky ball syndrome),no player collision system,awful ai,auto passing and shooting system,d-pad movement mechanics ect ect,infact i could go on and on.

I never read some many diluded blogs from one blogger on any fan site.

You should have joined 7 years ago fella, you would have bore witness to thousands more. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom