PES 2011 Discussion thread

Thanks pjft for linking us to this image someone mocked up on WENB.

I personally think it'll look fine in-game. It'll probably only be more for passing, crossing and shooting anyway. So heading a corner won't look a mess with so many people in the box. I'll probably turn it off after I've learned the ropes though.

pes201012copy.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks pjft for linking us to this image someone mocked up on WENB.

pes201012copy.jpg

2 balls on 1 pitch? pes sucks!
-

The problem I'll have with those power bars are as that size it's going to be quite hard for me to distinguish the yellow against the green grass. Of course once I get used to how much power is needed for shots it will all become second nature and I won't even have to look at the bar filling to get the power I want.

Aren't all these things currently turn on turn off in PES 2010? like the shot power bars and the hud bits?

Last edited:
I've been thinking about the power bar and how it would be great if you could over-hit a shot. It could work like the golf games where there is a 'sweet spot' on the power bar for hitting a powerful shot and if you charge any higher then the you risk miss-hitting the ball and scuffing/hooking the shot or smashing it over the bar and into the stands. I think it would work really well. The same system could be used for passing and crossing.

I always thought that's how dead balls should be done, especially when taking goal kicks and corners. A over powered kick could curve off to one side like they do randomly and maybe they could even throw in random injuries for overpowered kicks.

I always thought that's how dead balls should be done, especially when taking goal kicks and corners. A over powered kick could curve off to one side like they do randomly and maybe they could even throw in random injuries for overpowered kicks.

:CONFUSE:

I hate things on the screen when I'm playing..it took me forever to get over the inability to remove the radar altogether.

You wouldn't like to see a random injury happen to your keeper if you hit one too many overpowered goal kicks in a game? The immediate result you'd see from doing too many over powered shots would be your player losing stamina quicker. Do overpowered kicks when you're fatigued and they could tear something and be out for a few weeks.

Last edited:
Radiation, name one occasion that this happened in a real football match without using a search engine and I'll buy in.

I'm all for injuries etc, but not due to kicking a ball too hard.

Radiation, name one occasion that this happened in a real football match without using a search engine and I'll buy in.

I'm all for injuries etc, but not due to kicking a ball too hard.

Happened to me :P

I'm certainly no pro footballer, but about a year ago I went to play a game of football with a few friends, and the day before I've been training my legs heavily in the gym. I was watching my friends warm up and shoot at the goal one after the other and was mocking them because they all went wide. They passed me the ball, and getting my stance ready to shoot from about 40 yards. As soon as I struck the ball, my hamstring got stuffed, and the ball barely traveled a few meters away. I was out for more than a month.

I knew it had to do with my fatigued legs because of the excessive training the day before. So I've learned to never do that mistake again.

So lets say things like this could happen if/when a player is almost fully fatigued.

Sure it could happen. Hell you can have people running into goal posts and going into a coma.
I'ld rather have a player pull up with a hamstring injury due to fatigue or cramping up if a game is going into extra time, but not injured from kicking a ball.

the leaked picture has been removed from the wenb blog it seems, so was true after all, lets hope its optional.

Random injuries could add to the fun and randomness, im up for it

Sure it could happen. Hell you can have people running into goal posts and going into a coma.
I'ld rather have a player pull up with a hamstring injury due to fatigue or cramping up if a game is going into extra time, but not injured from kicking a ball.

It's not injuries from just kicking a ball. It's from over exerting yourself with attempted super powerful shots when your fatigue is low. So if your player is knackered and you try a super powerful shot there could be a very small chance that he could get injured in the process. This isn't really me saying this must be added... but just that it would be nice for the game to punish you in some way if you're using tired players and pushing them too far... like forcing them to sprint down the wing despite them being knackered. Currently the game just blocks you completely from sprinting if the fatigue is low... but in real life.. if you needed to.. you could push yourself to sprint even if you're shattered. And that when taking goal kicks or something it would be nice to have a golf style sweet spot. I've never seen a goal kick on PES go somewhere you didn't aim it but it happens in real life.

Last edited:
Apparently the hexagon or pentagon chart or whatever it is called is back.

Was just about to post the same thing. Confirmed on Jon Murphy's Twitter along with more edit mode options.

It's not injuries from just kicking a ball. It's from over exerting yourself with attempted super powerful shots when your fatigue is low. So if your player is knackered and you try a super powerful shot there could be a very small chance that he could get injured in the process. This isn't really me saying this must be added... but just that it would be nice for the game to punish you in some way if you're using tired players and pushing them too far... like forcing them to sprint down the wing despite them being knackered. Currently the game just blocks you completely from sprinting if the fatigue is low... but in real life.. if you needed to.. you could push yourself to sprint even if you're shattered. And that when taking goal kicks or something it would be nice to have a golf style sweet spot. I've never seen a goal kick on PES go somewhere you didn't aim it but it happens in real life.

Well goalkeepers dont generally get fatigued so i doubt they'll be affected by stamina. I would say their should be a set amount of unpredictability regarding the eventual position of where the ball lands during a goal kick. It shouldn't happen often but perhaps sometimes if their goalkeeping skills and composure (or a similar attribute) isn't high.

RE: The wingers point. Yeh that's a good idea actually. You should be able to push the winger to run even when they are physically exhausted but afterwards it'd be great to see them break down in exhaustion. Not an injury, just exhaustion. We could then see them walking from that point for atleast a little while on rather than still jogging.

Am i crazy or did this used to happen in some football game once upon a time?

Another point that is similar to this that i'd love to see used for AI controlled players is how they run when they're off the ball. Some players have more of a propensity to walk rather than jog everywhere when they aren't involved in play (Berbatov). It'd be great (probably enfuriating as well) to see this emulated in PES.

Last edited:
Was just about to post the same thing. Confirmed on Jon Murphy's Twitter along with more edit mode options.

Does this mean that players won't have numbered rating anymore?

I hope so in a way, i live the way team's rating are shown in that chart because it makes me think more about how well they are going to be at certain aspects of the game. I think the star system in FIFA is a just really lazy of judging teams.

I'd love to be able to pick players based on their attributes again rather than feel i should go for the players rated higher number wise.

Something that interests me though is how hard this game is sounding and spider charts make the game less accessible to casuals because it requires them to actually think. Do you think Konami have given up all hope of attracting the game to the casual audience and decided just to make the game a proper football game again because it sounds like it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom