PES 2011 Discussion thread

yeah, but he said, "at the moment"

i hope it will not be removed in final build :))

I doubt they will remove it since it was such a requested feature by the community but you never know with Konami. In regards to the expanded edit mode there are so many new options they could add:

Bring back the boot editor
Bring back the turf options from PES 2008
Different net styles and colours
League logo editor
Cup logo editor
Adboard editor
Different scoreboards

And finally you should be able to play with your option file kit data online. Obviously block edited player attribute data but there is no reason as to why they should block the kit data. I think you were allowed to do this on PES 5 on the PS2.

Apparently the hexagon or pentagon chart or whatever it is called is back.

You, sir, just made my day.

I also secretly hope that I don't have to guess whether or not how much (in terms of points) will a player have when moved to a different position than its default one. More than once I had to make substitutions and guess "how less will this player's rating be if I place him in his secondary position?"...

Thanks!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

I doubt they will remove it since it was such a requested feature by the community but you never know with Konami. In regards to the expanded edit mode there are so many new options they could add:

Bring back the boot editor
Different net styles and colours
League logo editor
Cup logo editor
Adboard editor
Different scoreboards

And finally you should be able to play with your option file kit data online. Obviously block edited player attribute data but there is no reason as to why they should block the kit data. I think you were allowed to do this on PES 5 on the PS2.

Yes agree with you. It's important to play with your option file kit data online and default players stats.

Thought it might be interesting to share:

@JonMurphy_PES Great job so far. Quick question: do we have the shot feint back - and hopefully at the shoot+pass buttons again? Cheers!

@pjft a shot feint is in using shoot/pass, but it's new

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

Apparently the hexagon or pentagon chart or whatever it is called is back.

:DANCE:

RE: The wingers point. Yeh that's a good idea actually. You should be able to push the winger to run even when they are physically exhausted but afterwards it'd be great to see them break down in exhaustion. Not an injury, just exhaustion. We could then see them walking from that point for atleast a little while on rather than still jogging.

Am i crazy or did this used to happen in some football game once upon a time?

Go back as far as the mid-nineties to ISS Deluxe on the SNES. Players would almost come to a standstill if you pushed them to hard. So even back then abusing the sprint button was properly punished.

I'd love to be able to pick players based on their attributes again rather than feel i should go for the players rated higher number wise.

+1

Not a fan of the overall rating, especially how it lowers when a player is out of position. I don't want a number telling me that, I should notice a player not performing in a position when playing the game.

Was this the same turf options as Fifa has? I passed on PES2008 so never played the full game.

In 2008, I remember you had the option to pick turf designs, as in vertical or horizontal lines, or circular.

Cool, well I hope that's back.

I'd also like the attendance setting to return from PES5. It's not realistic playing in front of a full stadium every match.

I think it's desperate to be happy about the dev team bringing back stuff they had removed. Pure stagnation.

Push the game forward, for Christ's sake.

I think it's desperate to be happy about the dev team bringing back stuff they had removed. Pure stagnation.

It's bad to be happy about it? Seriously. Ok then, they might as well take it away again. Along with all the stuff that they may be planning to bring back. Apparently some people don't want them, move forward without these stuff.

Nah I keed, but it seems you don't want old stuff to be back? Why consider it a stagnation?

You surely aren't speaking for everyone here lol.

Pure stagnation if they only brought back things of old because they're out of ideas and thats it. But... I get it you haven't read anything of the press releases on PES 2011? I suggest you do. If you can't be arsed going through this thread then there's another thread dedicated for news only.

So, bringing back the best isn't stagnation. It is actually good they realize they were wrong about a few things and not be stubborn about it. So bringing back all the good things of the past mixed with all the new stuff added in should be good enough.

Exactly. Bringing stuff back isn't a sign of weakness, but of admitting that you made a mistake/that fans know best.

I'd also like the attendance setting to return from PES5. It's not realistic playing in front of a full stadium every match.

Yeah as well as Support stance, pissed me off that every single match on this game has a home and away format, even the world cup mode, there is a home/away stance

Tbh I went to ask about RDR but still not in, so got Heavy Rain and on my way out I saw PES 2008 and found it on the cheap. Thought to myself I'd get it and remember why I sold it 2 years ago.

Get RDR ASAP so we can all form a gang online and shoot some fools who get in da way.

Err... Uhh... :JAY:

Brand new, that's pretty cheap here. Ok here goes.

*Puts PES 2008 in PS3*

EDIT: Great. There's a patch I'll need to download first.

I'll want to go through it first. Then PES 2009. Then back to 2010. I want to see the differences and if anything has truly evolved. Then be ready for June 1st.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom