PES 2011 Discussion thread

At one point someone says tricks shouldn't be a problem but then someone else says the opposite. This seems like a big problem. Don't mind skillful players doing them but definitely not 10 in row...

Goalgerd was pulling them off with Stremer granted we were trying to do tricks therefore allowed the space. But it's not reasonable for any player in the world to pull off two without the ball touching the ground. We are in for a right treat when this game is out. Atleast we will be able to set up match rooms etc but the online competitions are going to be a circus. It is too easy!

I've found the new tricks system to be well implemented from my experience of the beta. I've tried tricks with default ML defenders and failed miserably but had success with the more talented players that I have signed. And I've not come up against too many opponents that have been spamming the tricks. Time will tell on full release and the kids get hold of this game. But so far so good for me.

I can't recall ever seeing a player do a rainbow flick in a real match. There are so many football basics Konami should have focused on before bothering with these things.

Just finished a game against a gamer, he/she had Messi upfront (alone), Tuncay in midfield (wide) and Buffon in goal with the rest of the team filled out with the default players.

How the fuck is that possible?!

You can imagine the tactics used by this clown.

:BRICK:

Very worried by that. The reason why not many people use them is cos they aren't listed anywhere. I still don't know how to do them on demand. Once people have a list and have tried them all out expect to see them on a regular basis compared to now.

Skills like rainbow flicks and ect. don't appeal to me as I feel it's just totally unrealistic to perform in a match. Don't understand why Konami went down this route to be honest.

Just finished a game against a gamer, he/she had Messi upfront (alone), Tuncay in midfield (wide) and Buffon in goal with the rest of the team filled out with the default players.

How the fuck is that possible?!

You can imagine the tactics used by this clown.

:BRICK:

I like the idea that someone mentioned in here before (sorry, cant remember who it was) that top level footballers will only join a team once it's overall rating is high enough. That way the player has to work on building the team as a whole, making modest signings at first and gradually working their way up until they have a team good enough to attract the likes of Messi, Rooney, Torres et al.

If players like Messi can be bought relatively quickly then it kind of devalues the ethics of the Master League, which has always been about a slow building process.

I like the idea that someone mentioned in here before (sorry, cant remember who it was) that top level footballers will only join a team once it's overall rating is high enough. That way the player has to work on building the team as a whole, making modest signings at first and gradually working their way up until they have a team good enough to attract the likes of Messi, Rooney, Torres et al.

If players like Messi can be bought relatively quickly then it kind of devalues the ethics of the Master League, which has always been about a slow building process.

Not sure if it was someone else that mentioned it too but I did mention team and player ratings. For example, a player with an A or S rating shouldn't join a less rated team etc. Totally with you there. That system was in PES 2009 and it made my life pretty hard trying to buy anyone with a rating higher than mine, which was a D. Still liked it though, gave it that extra difficulty and realism.

Well fingers crossed they put that in for 2012. They already have such stuff for ML offline don't they? Not necessarily A, B, C and D ratings, but the concept that a great player won't join a bad team? If so it should just be a case of copying that across.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned though is that, the higher a player's market value, the more the entrance fee becomes. THAT is what will balance things out a great deal better than we're seeing. If/once Messis and Ronaldos start costing £50-100m the entrance fees will skyrocket and the gate receipts won't. The end result if this is what will happen should be D5 teams with genuinely lower quality line-ups and the quality picking up as people are earning more.

Skills like rainbow flicks and ect. don't appeal to me as I feel it's just totally unrealistic to perform in a match. Don't understand why Konami went down this route to be honest.

Hey in the end it's a game :BOP: Besides, I mean, seeing these tricks may not be realistic (at least according to how players will use/spam them) but not having the option to do these tricks would be a lot more unrealistic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtWbtEuku0w

Check 1:00

I like that idea too but I doubt they'll implement it for this game.

I'm praying for a quit option in the in game menu (online) like FIFA, I don't understand why there isn't one already.

It's too much hasle signing out of PSN just because I don't want to play against a kick n run player, I don't care if I get penalised, just give me the option.

I can't recall ever seeing a player do a rainbow flick in a real match. There are so many football basics Konami should have focused on before bothering with these things.

I sort of agree, it's rarley done

This guy did it all the time
YouTube - ILHAN MANSIZ SHOW

He's the last time someone tried it: (at 1:21)
YouTube - Viva Futbol Volume 57

and this infamous one here :(
YouTube - okocha vs arsenal

We used to see it a lot more in the 90's and early last decade, now it's all about flip flaps and endelss step overs!

I think there was one in the World Cup - I read it in the Brazil vs...Portugal?... MBM text commentary so I didn't see it.

* Sigh *

I'll say it again but the matchmaking in MLO really needs to work much better in the final game. Just been on the end of a 3-0 hammering to a guy in D3 whose team included (off the top of my head) C. Ronaldo, Kaka, Kuyt, Xavi, Basturk, Puyol, Ashley Cole, and four other world class players that I can't remember. Bear in mind that I'm in D5, my most valuable player is less than £1.8m, and my back four and goalkeeper are all default players.

To make matters worse he was a total pace whore and ripped up the wings with Ronaldo and Kaka constantly looking for cutbacks and then praised himself when he scored. Cock.

I've found the new tricks system to be well implemented from my experience of the beta. I've tried tricks with default ML defenders and failed miserably but had success with the more talented players that I have signed. And I've not come up against too many opponents that have been spamming the tricks. Time will tell on full release and the kids get hold of this game. But so far so good for me.

This. The success percentage is low overall for tricks with defenders, I've done it loads of times to test this as it's my pet hate. Also, I played that Messi guy Tobi, it's ridiculous Messi is harder to stop on this on Regular AI than PES 2010. At least with my poor defenders. Hopefully better AI and reation times and retreat Jockey system will help sort it out.

All you guys need to be joining PEEL as soon as PES 2011 comes out. The site is full of likeminded people who hate playing these sprint whores. You will see nothing but pure football and excellent connections in every game you play, as well as great friendly banter. Seriously, you'd be mad not to.

Last edited:
Also, I played Tobi and the amount of times I tried to pass to the referee because he was wearing a red top was ridiculous. How the fack can he be wearing a red top when my team plays in red ? It's crazy, it spoilt the game for me.

I've never understood why you and the opponent have to see the same kits (why can't I make his team be the one in the away strip if his home clashes with both my kits? It doesn't affect him what my screen shows), or why the ref's kit can't be chosen.

Also this beta desperately needed the option to turn the music off. I've played some 130 games now and the music does start to lose its charm.

Also, I played Tobi and the amount of times I tried to pass to the referee because he was wearing a red top was ridiculous. How the fack can he be wearing a red top when my team plays in red ? It's crazy, it spoilt the game for me.
Same problem in Fifa as well. Not sure how devs didn't see that.

i think ive sussed out how to do the rainbow flick,was playing few guys today and didnt mind losing a few games to test it out,there seems to be 5 types of trick cards players can do so that flick seem to be card specific. was even doing it with the goalkeepers ,when timed right it made a fool of my opponents strikers but when it didnt work i conceded a goal

Rom try using L2 and forward and back on the R stick for the stremer move i was doing

360 roulette - hold L2 then 360 on right stick
Rainbow flick - hold L2 then tap R3 twice
Heel flick - hold L2 then tap forward,back or back,forward on right stick
Ronaldo skill - while running, hold L2 and push the right analog stick upwards (90 degrees from running direction)
Rollover skill - while standing, hold L2 and tap up,down or down,up on right stick

Last edited:
well I made a trick guide on WENB forum, it's incomplete though

what can I say about tricks - rainbow flick is overpowered, very hard to block, and has 100% success rate for any non-default player

I know because I made one guy cry because I did a circus act with those rainbows, and scored some ultra ridiculous goals (double rainbow into volley), Konami really did it wrong

1) it's super easy to do
2) very accessible combination
3) never fails (in older PES, there was flip flap who had like 50% chance to fail - it should be the same with rainbow

currently, this little thing is ruining the game for me, rainbow flick crap can spoil any game, believe me

fix this shit Konami.

well I made a trick guide on WENB forum, it's incomplete though

what can I say about tricks - rainbow flick is overpowered, very hard to block, and has 100% success rate for any non-default player

I know because I made one guy cry because I did a circus act with those rainbows, and scored some ultra ridiculous goals (double rainbow into volley), Konami really did it wrong

1) it's super easy to do
2) very accessible combination
3) never fails (in older PES, there was flip flap who had like 50% chance to fail - it should be the same with rainbow

currently, this little thing is ruining the game for me, rainbow flick crap can spoil any game, believe me

fix this shit Konami.

could you post a vid please maybe we could send it to konami

got it on my mobile will post it tomorrow

that really spoiled the game, even my opponent gone apesh1t and said that he liked the game until he saw this load of bullcrap

It's a real concern. I can't see Konami leaving it be. It's a game breaker if the masses get a hold of it. 90% of people I play don't use tricks at all and the game is much better for it.

i think ive sussed out how to do the rainbow flick,was playing few guys today and didnt mind losing a few games to test it out,there seems to be 5 types of trick cards players can do so that flick seem to be card specific. was even doing it with the goalkeepers ,when timed right it made a fool of my opponents strikers but when it didnt work i conceded a goal

Rom try using L2 and forward and back on the R stick for the stremer move i was doing

360 roulette - hold L2 then 360 on right stick
Rainbow flick - hold L2 then tap R3 twice
Heel flick - hold L2 then tap forward,back or back,forward on right stick
Ronaldo skill - while running, hold L2 and push the right analog stick upwards (90 degrees from running direction)
Rollover skill - while standing, hold L2 and tap up,down or down,up on right stick

Cheers man.

All you guys need to be joining PEEL as soon as PES 2011 comes out. The site is full of likeminded people who hate playing these sprint whores. You will see nothing but pure football and excellent connections in every game you play, as well as great friendly banter. Seriously, you'd be mad not to.

Signed up there a couple of days ago, even though I'm pretty much an offline player. This league sounds like the only thing that would ever attract me to playing online.

Klashman, nice videos. I'm not against the idea of tricks being in the game, as long as the outrageous ones are really difficult to execute, and the basics are focused on first. If you're listening Seabass: First touch, first touch, first touch.

I hate the "code talk" prospective, but it has to be done. According to Jon Murphy and others, this MLO code is around Community day code equivalent, so there's much wrong with it.

I'd say we shouldn't be too much worried about tricks (or anything else) until after the demo, which shouldn't be too far away now.

I hate the "code talk" prospective, but it has to be done. According to Jon Murphy and others, this MLO code is around Community day code equivalent, so there's much wrong with it.

I'd say we shouldn't be too much worried about tricks (or anything else) until after the demo, which shouldn't be too far away now.

Do you think Jon Murphy/KONAMI is aware that the trick system can potentially be exploited to spoil the game experience?

Back
Top Bottom