PES 2011 Discussion thread

Its all just taste.

Anyway, went on Caniggia's site to see if there was anything new and found this very interesting piece, translated by google:

September 14? Really?
I guess some translation went wrong and that he is talking about the demo.
It is widely known that the retail-version comes 30 sept in most of Europe and 8 october in the UK.

so in this case the demo would be anytime soon available for us?

edit: on the assumption that the game would be out on the 16th

Last edited:
It is widely known that the retail-version comes 30 sept in most of Europe and 8 october in the UK.

No it's indeed about the retail version (he explained it on WENB). If it was about the demo there would be no confusion.

so in this case the demo would be anytime soon available for us?

edit: on the assumption that the game would be out on the 16th

No I think what Han said makes sense. Expect a demo around mid September.

Edit - just read _anderson's post. I really can't see the release date being mid-September.

Konami claims PES has 360 dribbling and movement, but watching these Gamescom videos has failed to convince me. I remember Konami saying the same last year and it is still the old-gen 8 direction movement with PES 2010 and unfortunately PES 2011 still looks 8-direcitonal. I'm not sure how Konami can make such ridiculous claims.

Konami claims PES has 360 dribbling and movement, but watching these Gamescom videos has failed to convince me. I remember Konami saying the same last year and it is still the old-gen 8 direction movement with PES 2010 and unfortunately PES 2011 still looks 8-direcitonal. I'm not sure how Konami can make such ridiculous claims.

You're the one making ridiculous claims. Many people here have played the game already (MLO beta), so anyone here can tell you 360º is there.

Last edited:

I'm not so sure it's full 360 degree movement but having extensively played the Master League Online beta I can tell you that it is more than 8 directions, that's for sure. There's plenty of freedom in both passing and movement in PES2011 so wait until you play the demo and don't worry.

I'm not so sure it's full 360 degree movement but having extensively played the Master League Online beta I can tell you that it is more than 8 directions, that's for sure. There's plenty of freedom in both passing and movement in PES2011 so wait until you play the demo and don't worry.

You say there are more than 8 directions. I'm wondering how many. I think 16 would be fine, it will feel free and fluid. It is just playing 8 direction on a Next-Gen console doesn't feel right.

You say there are more than 8 directions. I'm wondering how many. I think 16 would be fine, it will feel free and fluid. It is just playing 8 direction on a Next-Gen console doesn't feel right.

It's 32+. It doesn't work in the same way as Fifa, you can dribble in virtually any direction but without needing to do a perfect circle. You can do that but you'll dribble slowly.

Personally I think FIFA 10 idea of what "free movement" in football is, is wrong.

Last edited:

First; 2010 was not 8 directional.

Second; Everyone who've played it have said it's much better than 2010 and far from 8 directional.

Conclusion; Obviously you haven't played it, so you shouldn't make ridiculous claims yourself ;). Demo shouldn't be far off so just wait til you try it yourself and you'll believe it yourself that its much more than just a mere 8 directional game ;)

Yeh I'd say its similar to FIFA 08/9 in movement.

Bump, Anyone?

Its better than FIFA 08 or 09. I believe their movement was 16 directions in those games. PES 2011 is definitely more than that after playing the beta. It is pretty close to 360 degrees.

Nothing wrong with the translation Han. It's obvious he's on about the retail and not the demo.

Konami's PR / Marketing Coordinator, Stefanie Ollesch, and she told me they had gone out with the wrong information in both the press conference and in the press release, and to date for us Swedes on 14 September for PS3 and Xbox 360, while PS2 and Wii version released October 8.

That Konami PR told him Konami gave out wrong info in the press conference. PS3 and 360 14 Sep, PS2 and Wii 8 Oct. If it was the demo he/she's on about then surely 8 Oct wouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence?

I'm hoping its true, but that Konami PR should double check again, she doesn't want people disappointed. Wouldn't mind her sending me a copy that early tbh ;)

Nothing wrong with the translation Han. It's obvious he's on about the retail and not the demo.

That Konami PR told him Konami gave out wrong info in the press conference. PS3 and 360 14 Sep, PS2 and Wii 8 Oct. If it was the demo he/she's on about then surely 8 Oct wouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence?

I'm hoping its true, but that Konami PR should double check again, she doesn't want people disappointed. Wouldn't mind her sending me a copy that early tbh ;)

I still didn't get it properly though. So Konami (Jon Murphy) gave out wrong information about the release on the Gamescom conference? And the European release is actually two weeks earlier? Doesn't make much sense.

A release date of between 1st-8th October is already a pretty big change from previous years, no way will it come out earlier than that. Beta test for MLO is going on until the end of August, that would leave them like a couple of days to implement any changes. The Game needs to go "gold" for quite a while before release.

A release date of between 1st-8th October is already a pretty big change from previous years, no way will it come out earlier than that. Beta test for MLO is going on until the end of August, that would leave them like a couple of days to implement any changes. The Game needs to go "gold" for quite a while before release.

The game is already on "gold" or close to it according to Jon Murphy. Their not planning to make any changes from the MLO beta code, beta code is pretty old.

I am not going to make myself happy with this. It makes no sense. Going gold means 1 month before the release the game should be ready for production.
That means 14 august the game should have gone gold.
Jon Murphy said many times that they are not at 100% yet, being finetuning the game.
For instance look at this interview page three close to the bottom, where he was asked if they are almost done. That interview is from 19 august, meaning the game has not gone gold by that date.
For me that means it is not correct to expect the game on 14 september...

Last edited:
JM: We're almost there. The things that they've been working on recently have been goalkeeper problems and stuff like that. Tweaking difficulty settings, too. We're doing the Master League Online beta right now which will have an effect also.

Murphy's words are quite clear, MLO beta will have an effect. Which means the game won't go Gold until after it is over.

BTW the results of the online-tests will not be in the game at the release-date. They have to evaluate all reports, which cost a lot of time with so many reports. I expect the fixes for that to be in a patch on release date. You can work on as developer when the game had gone gold. That saves an extra month. That's why I expect a patch on the release-date ( 30 september ) , just like last year.

BTW the results of the online-tests will not be in the game at the release-date. They have to evaluate all reports, which cost a lot of time with so many reports. I expect the fixes for that to be in a patch on release date. You can work on as developer when the game had gone gold. That saves an extra month. That's why I expect a patch on the release-date ( 30 september ) , just like last year.

Yes, you are probably right. But i still say mid-september release is crazy talk and will not happen :D

So what's the mood around here about the game? I think I'll be pleasantly shocked if people are completely happy with it since people have been having roller coaster mood swings since the first gameplay video came out.

Back
Top Bottom