PES 2011 Discussion thread

Murphy's words are quite clear, MLO beta will have an effect. Which means the game won't go Gold until after it is over.

I´m not so sure of that. Despite the problems we can find in the beta, that ends 29th august, they would have what a week to correct the game?

I odn´t think they will correct nothing by now, the gold code sure will be a bit better than MLO code, but the game has to be prepared and in the store shelves, in day 30 of september, so they have 1 month to do that since the end of the beta, and that is the they they need to prepare the game for launch. You can see the example in fifa, where the game in gamescom where 95% and the release date will be after PES and a Game that is 95% is unchangeable in terms of gameplay.

Just my oppinion TBH. We will get what we will se on the demo, and i bet the demo will be released on 4th September

Last edited:
No. It has more directions. If you just traced out the directions a player moves on both games, ignoring animations, you'd see FIFA is a lot more fluid still. You can dribble off the pitch because of directional inaccuracy you didn't realise was happening in FIFA, it's that subtle. In this it feels more fluid but I just tried jogging and slowly rotating the stick to see if the player would move in those directions too, and it was a long while before the player actually responded.

Maybe the owners of a beta-demo can try to figure out how many directions there are. You need the help from your opponent, that he is not attacking on the moment you try this out.
Just try to find out how many animations there are when you move the stick in 360 degrees... ;)

I still didn't get it properly though. So Konami (Jon Murphy) gave out wrong information about the release on the Gamescom conference? And the European release is actually two weeks earlier? Doesn't make much sense.
Competiton mate, competition :SMUG:.
If those rumours are true, I guess they plan to **** FIFA by getting PES released even before FIFA's demo. That'd be a major stroke.
The false information released during Gamescom may be part of that potential plan. Strategy L2+ Circle :P

i'm getting seriously annoyed by how many of the users here are complaining of people using "cut-backs" to score goals? what in the hell is wrong with using those? haven't you guys seen Arsenal matches IRL?

that's exactly how my own football team plays as well. when there is someone in the box and you're running down the wings, even if you have a clear shot, if he's in a better position, PASS it.

stop complaining about it for hells-sake. instead, find a way to stop the fast wingers down the wings. maybe blackpool's left-back can follow you guys to a tutorial class.

Konami claims PES has 360 dribbling and movement, but watching these Gamescom videos has failed to convince me. I remember Konami saying the same last year and it is still the old-gen 8 direction movement with PES 2010 and unfortunately PES 2011 still looks 8-direcitonal. I'm not sure how Konami can make such ridiculous claims.
In PES 2010000000, it have 16 direction movement :BOP:
You can use analog or press direction button lightly :))

i'm getting seriously annoyed by how many of the users here are complaining of people using "cut-backs" to score goals? what in the hell is wrong with using those? haven't you guys seen Arsenal matches IRL?

that's exactly how my own football team plays as well. when there is someone in the box and you're running down the wings, even if you have a clear shot, if he's in a better position, PASS it.

stop complaining about it for hells-sake. instead, find a way to stop the fast wingers down the wings. maybe blackpool's left-back can follow you guys to a tutorial class.

So true and Barcelona score a lot of cutbacks. Its more about preventing the players getting into the cut back position. Its a part of football and one of the most common ways of scoring or creating a chance.

Irl they are less easy.

In a computer game it's a repeatable pattern. That's the problem not the goal's per se.

lol?
let them run like in real life. If somebody is faster you just have to let them run. I played RV in real life. You have to give him no way to go for the goal... if he is on the sidelane he can't do a shit!

Maybe the owners of a beta-demo can try to figure out how many directions there are. You need the help from your opponent, that he is not attacking on the moment you try this out.
Just try to find out how many animations there are when you move the stick in 360 degrees... ;)

That's why I'm really looking forward to the demo after playing the beta. I can't experiment as much as I would like because every game is competitive. Against the CPU I can really put the game to the test.

Yeah and has anyone seen or heard anything on The advantage rule? Gutted if it isn't implemented this year.

It's in the beta.. I saw the ref runout with hands out and palms up so its in but it's fuckin broken because he blows even when you get away with the ball sometimes.
I noticed a nice stumble and recover due to a player being clipped by a standing leg. Hope I get to score a maradona vs england type goal in the full game. Not the amazing header the other one.

Irl they are less easy.

In a computer game it's a repeatable pattern. That's the problem not the goal's per se.

yeh true it probably is a lot easier but if players aren't defending specifically to stop it and the other person is allowed to do it constantly then it's not really the game's problem but moreso the player's fault

the only issue would arise when it is unecessarily too difficult to defend to stop such a situation from occuring in comparison to how easy it is for the opponent to pull it off

what's this about them adding differing levels of speed in accordance to how hard you pull the trigger button and first touch changes in the final build as reported by pesgaming?

Northzzz - It's the left stick in PES, trigger in FIFA.

Cutbacks - the AI tends not to defend cutbacks in the same way as grounded crosses, which in themselves are less accurate anyway.

Hopefully defending it will be easier in the final build with the better standoff jockeying. And of course with better defenders... But it is a very touchy subject. I got accused of being a cutback cheeser by someone when I used a far post ground cross and after using a 4-2-2-2 against his ultra narrow 4-3-3 to get it to Adriano and Milner to cross it in.

what's this about them adding differing levels of speed in accordance to how hard you pull the trigger button and first touch changes in the final build as reported by pesgaming?

That's what I want to know. This would be the biggest possible addition to the game for me.

Do any of you reckon PES 11 will have a larger online community on the PC than the new Fifa 11 PC game?

At one point someone says tricks shouldn't be a problem but then someone else says the opposite. This seems like a big problem. Don't mind skillful players doing them but definitely not 10 in row...

Hey i see your talking about cutbacks (dont mind conceding the odd one but online some of em are a joke as some people try to score that way all the time) Anyway dont know if this has been mentioned but for those who dont know you can always press and hold :square: to let the AI close the opponent down leaving you free to manually cover the runner into the box, it takes practice but it can be done.

Do any of you reckon PES 11 will have a larger online community on the PC than the new Fifa 11 PC game?

No way man! That will not happen! I think because of the nature of the game there will be be a higher percentage of players playing good football in PES compared to fifa but the numbers fifa will have online will far outstrip PES!

No way man! That will not happen! I think because of the nature of the game there will be be a higher percentage of players playing good football in PES compared to fifa but the numbers fifa will have online will far outstrip PES!

Yea, and I have a feeling the :PIRATE: are gonna hit PES harder, anyway, anyone have a clue on whether PES is gonna be digitally distributed? Big WTF if Konami stick to hard copies.

Back
Top Bottom