PES 2011 Discussion thread

What's up with the defenders standing and waiting on the goal line? That Rooney goal and two of the ones that Ronaldinho posted, I hope that is being reported by the beta testers.

What's up with the defenders standing and waiting on the goal line? That Rooney goal and two of the ones that Ronaldinho posted, I hope that is being reported by the beta testers.

Trouble is it's difficult to know what to report as many of the faults in the MLO beta code may have been fixed long ago.

Trouble is it's difficult to know what to report as many of the faults in the MLO beta code may have been fixed long ago.

That is true, but better safe than sorry I think. It would kill the game for me if that bug was in the full game.

one thing that has become routine in PES is when the ball is going to the side, the player can never reach it. And it still happens in PES2011!

one thing that has become routine in PES is when the ball is going to the side, the player can never reach it. And it still happens in PES2011!

You need to trap the ball with R2 opposite of the direction the ball is traveling, and then quickly follow with R1. The player will use his momentum to stop the ball

You need to trap the ball with R2 opposite of the direction the ball is traveling, and then quickly follow with R1. The player will use his momentum to stop the ball

Must try this as it's been a problem for me too. Is there a way to just run onto it and go down the sideline like most wingers would, eithout having to go through that mechanical looking arced turn?

Today I brought my keeper out with the Y button to collect an incoming ball, a mistimed pass by the opponent, but he just ran straight past it as it rolled into the net! I'm guessing it was lag, at least I hope so. A similar thing has happened before where I brought the keeper out and he stuttered as he reached the ball, while a striker collected the ball and tapped into an empty net.

Today I brought my keeper out with the Y button to collect an incoming ball, a mistimed pass by the opponent, but he just ran straight past it as it rolled into the net! I'm guessing it was lag, at least I hope so. A similar thing has happened before where I brought the keeper out and he stuttered as he reached the ball, while a striker collected the ball and tapped into an empty net.

That's the non-programmed keepers, has happened me too. Early code issue, but worth reporting it anyway.

Yes, please everyone on the beta report everything.

I just registered, but I have been following this forum for a few weeks reading everyone's impressions, I haven't bought a PES game in a very long time, but when they unveiled their passing idea for this yr, it got me intrigued and I hope is good. I think is a good idea for a passing system so I am hoping it all comes together alright.

This has happened to me many times and cost me a couple of cheap goals. Infuriating as hell but the keepers are sorted if the reports are correct.

Hello people, it has been a while.

Saw a few videos and the game doesn't look too bad. What's the general opinion on the game right now (apart from the obvious suicidal folk)?

Hello Badgerman, where have you been?

This year's version is surely looking impressive compared to the last 3 on current gen. The Master League Online Beta has been released not long ago and quite a few good number of members off here are playing it. Overall its really looking good apart from the few bugs here and there which are apparently fixed already in the latest code, but we'll report them anyway.

Hello people, it has been a while.

Saw a few videos and the game doesn't look too bad. What's the general opinion on the game right now (apart from the obvious suicidal folk)?

The old PES feeling is back, as is the 'just one more game' urge. I really can't get enough of the beta.

In a nutshell it's the game PES should have been a couple of years back. It's not perfect as it's just the start of a new direction for the series, but personally I think it's great fun to play and so addictive. It's the best football game I've played on this generation of consoles (Fifa11 excluded for obvious reasons). I'm sure you'll love it.

Oh, and welcome back, this place is poorer without your MS Paint pictorals.:))

This has happened to me many times and cost me a couple of cheap goals. Infuriating as hell but the keepers are sorted if the reports are correct.

That really pissed me off on PES10, when the goalkeepers came out of the box and did a sliding tackle underneath the ball :RANT:

Something that worries me is that when players and the keeper are too close and the ball is rebounding all over the place (off the players, off the keeper) then it is more than likely that something weird will happen, and I don't think it's a bug mainly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-7q3LoGWfI

The keepers just lack the ability (lack of programming, whatever) to immediately trap the ball after a rebound (correct me if I'm wrong).

I hope they put some guys 100% on goalkeepers only, like EA does, because the keepers have been pretty bad for a while now and it doesn't look like something a small fix can solve. I think they might have to rewrite a lot of how they work, it just seems way off how they work at the moment (just guessing, what do I know).

I hope they improve the physics contacts and tackling. Bad defenders like those from MLO default can't even make contacts with high skilled attackers and hardly can tackle either even if u are right in front of them, wich is a joke tbh.

Last edited:
I hope they put some guys 100% on goalkeepers only, like EA does, because the keepers have been pretty bad for a while now and it doesn't look like something a small fix can solve. I think they might have to rewrite a lot of how they work, it just seems way off how they work at the moment (just guessing, what do I know).

There was a quote from jon murphy at gamescom were he said when he was in japan a fortnight ago to collect the final review code,the coder responsible for goalkeepers made a real point to him that the keepers where finely tuned,as now they apparently pick up anything loose and parry most shots away from goal rather then into the direction of the incoming striker for cheap rebounded goals.

Only time will tell and the proof will be in the pudding but going by most betas and all the licensing issues and checks that need to be done the MLO code and gamescom code is probably around 8 weeks or more old,so the final code hopefully is very different and highly polished.

Even konami know that this years game has got to be near perfect and not play like a undercooked product ala pes2008,2009,2010.From experience and gauging how advanced the MLO beta code is at 60%,ive a pretty good feeling the dribbling,movement and pretty much everything else has been sharpened to near perfection as the beta looks fairly solid and certainly not as buggy or glitchy as last years beta or most other games at the beta stage.

For me people are to concerned that these issues in the beta are core problems,when even fifa at the beta stage has its issues,the difference being ea will never show a beta of any of there games to the public at the beta stage,there always around the 90% finished mark.

I speculate pes2011 will be the most polished,finished and refined pes that has ever been released,regardless of the fact that this is a rebirth.There already way ahead of last year and this game has already gone gold,you dont release a product at the end of september if your still tweaking in late august.

Last edited:
Something that worries me is that when players and the keeper are too close and the ball is rebounding all over the place (off the players, off the keeper) then it is more than likely that something weird will happen, and I don't think it's a bug mainly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-7q3LoGWfI

The keepers just lack the ability (lack of programming, whatever) to immediately trap the ball after a rebound (correct me if I'm wrong).

Nice dance.

Predictions guys. Will PES 11 take the best reviews next month? Will it review better than fifa 11?

I dont think it will beat Fifa in reviews, but a football game needs time to be reviewed over time, and I think PES will have more depth. I think this PES will be a classic and reports from those who played a glimpse of a near final code behind closed doors are very positive.

We use to beat them in every review. Im sure we will get close if not beat them this time. Im certain next year PES will win back the majority of its fans.

Back
Top Bottom