PES 2011 Discussion thread

I would like the tricksystem to be this way that tricks might be categorised and you can assign one trick of one category to a certain right-stick-movment. For example: push the right stick 2x up. For that the most unspectacular trick would be some kind of bodyshift. In the same category you then would have a double stepover. The effectivness would always be connected to the stats. This way you wouldn't have the same amount of tricks you can pull of in Fifa because you have to chose. IMO much more realistic as every football player has a set of tricks but not everybody can play like C.Ronaldo.

In BAL or ML you might then have the option to train players for new tricks just like tactical behavior in PES 2010.

Of course I know EA bought Bundesliga league last year but it doesn't mean that this league is EA's exclusive like EPL and it doesn't mean that they can't use real players name and fake teams. EPL is Ea's exclusiv but KONAMI use real players names. Why the can't do this with Budesliga?

Sorry mate but I think you are wrong there. EA has had the exclusive for years now. Got them in a bit of trouble when they did the fake league in PES5. Thats why it never returned.

Its a question of law. Maybe it might be possilbe to do a league C with teams a-b-c and Players 1-2-3 only the players have a close appearance to the real ones and the right stats. Or if that doesnt work then make them all look the same and just do the stats. I dont know but the way they are doing it since pes2008 with only half of the bundesliga players seems very strange to me. But as I said it has to be the only way to get around the law.

Last edited:
Sorry mate but I think you are wrong there. EA has had the exclusive for years now. Got them in a bit of trouble when they did the fake league in PES5. Thats why it never returned.

Eeeeee I write again. EPL is EA's exclisive league but Konami use real players name and fake teams. Why they can't do this with Bundesliga?

Its a question of law. Maybe it might be possilbe to do a league C with teams a-b-c and Players 1-2-3 only the players have a close appearance to the real ones and the right stats. Or if that doesnt work then make them all look the same and just do the stats. I dont know but the way they are doing it since pes2008 with only half of the bundesliga players seems very strange to me. But as I said it has to be the only way to get around the law.

In my opinion they can do this. There are worlwide players federation. Rigts to leauges and rigts to players name are two different things.

I think if Konami can do that then they would've done it already. So I'm guessing its to do with a clause in the exclusivity that won't allow that. Or maybe Bundesliga are asking for way too much. Who knows..

I think they ask too much.
If PES 2011 is such an improvement then I don't mind about licenses. Then the gameplay is so good that I have fun enough with the game.
Think about the old days from ISS; there was no single license but nobody did mind :)

@Ronaldinho_23

Do you know more details about the new trick system? will it be like in Fifa? From the press release I understand that you can assign a certain amount of tricks you like to the stick. is that right?

I don't know anything at the moment

I think they ask too much.
If PES 2011 is such an improvement then I don't mind about licenses. Then the gameplay is so good that I have fun enough with the game.
Think about the old days from ISS; there was no single license but nobody did mind :)

Same here. All I cared about was the gameplay. It was so engulfing that I couldn't care less about licenses. Hell that even made me enjoy editing.

What I don't understand for years is, why they don't provide 20 empty slots for leagues and ability to use them in master league? Is that so hard in times of endless harddisk spaces? 20 empty slots for leagues means at least 400 teams...

Some leagues don't like it if you edit their league. For example PESFan is forbidden to make special EPL option files.
Maybe Konami wanted to make it difficult for us to edit full leagues....

Some leagues don't like it if you edit their league. For example PESFan is forbidden to make special EPL option files.
Maybe Konami wanted to make it difficult for us to edit full leagues....

Ok, what I mean is other than the licensed ones. My concern is to increase the number of teams anyway, especially for the master league and transfer abilities etc.

They have to do something, we can't have another year where the majority of Bundesliga players are missing.

We already have about 18 slots for the Bundesliga, or whatever league/teams. What I don't understand is, they have another 18-20 fake teams in the D2 that aren't editable. Why? Why are they locked? They're fake so might as well make use of them.

There´s a solution for this license problem.

Konomi should allow people to edit teams/players and share omline with comunity, like EA made for Friday Night 4, where people create boxer and upload to their servers and everyone could download.

That would solve the problems, since people could make patches with full leagues and put it on konami servers to eneryone download.

There could be option to upload full league, full team or simgle players.

It's time to change thinking about licenses. KONAMI have to have basic europen leagues like EPL,Bundesliga, full Spanish League etc. Stop saying that licenses are not important because it's not true and Seabass spoke about it in interview. Of course gameplay is the most important but licenses too. People today require. I'm not speaking about hardcore fans but normal people. They want buy game with good gameplay and basic leagues in particular Europen.

I don't think licenses are that important, if they have Option file servers for downloads, and they make sure that in the Box it says, "Option File Servers to have PES the way you want it, share with the community!" kind of thing.

Regarding the Bundesliga and other leagues. Just give us 6 extra leagues, with at least 20 teams each. 120 teams. Just plain. Editors would have a ball. And in ML let us organize the structure of the ML, so maybe I want to use those extra 6 leagues to create 6 extra levels of the English pyramid, or maybe I want to add 6 extra top flight leagues from around the world.

Konami just has to let us have the power to edit in our hands, and as long as the gameplay is great and editing options are great, PES will be as good as your option file/Patch.

I don't think licenses are that important, if they have Option file servers for downloads, and they make sure that in the Box it says, "Option File Servers to have PES the way you want it, share with the community!" kind of thing.

Regarding the Bundesliga and other leagues. Just give us 6 extra leagues, with at least 20 teams each. 120 teams. Just plain. Editors would have a ball. And in ML let us organize the structure of the ML, so maybe I want to use those extra 6 leagues to create 6 extra levels of the English pyramid, or maybe I want to add 6 extra top flight leagues from around the world.

Konami just has to let us have the power to edit in our hands, and as long as the gameplay is great and editing options are great, PES will be as good as your option file/Patch.

I doubt that Konami can (legally) support something like that.

It's time to change thinking about licenses. KONAMI have to have basic europen leagues like EPL,Bundesliga, full Spanish League etc. Stop saying that licenses are not important because it's not true and Seabass spoke about it in interview. Of course gameplay is the most important but licenses too. People today require. I'm not speaking about hardcore fans but normal people. They want buy game with good gameplay and basic leagues in particular Europen.

Not "important" to me. Yes, it is better having them, but not "important".

Its important to me - suppose you have a US PS3 or Xbox (at least this should now be opened up) then editing and acquiring OF's isnt as easy.

Yes gameplay is no.1 but licenses are very important for some of us.

That said Konami has to provide something because ML and CL arent the same without bundesliga

Put in a deep editor. License not that important.

Focus on the gameplay konami.

I think you make a good point to be honest. Yes, I agree that licences are not hugely important in the bigger picture, especially due to the work of the editing community - but - in my opinion the large number of ugly generic kits don't cut it any more in the HD gaming era where graphics are more important than ever. And I think the lack of big licences like the Premier League and Bundesliga, and a full La Liga, could lose the young/casual gamers that don't know about option files and want to just play a 'complete' football game without messing around with the editor.

The most important thing for me is the pace of the game. I bought Euro 2008 for £3 on ebay and played for about 20 mins, I then played the WC 2010 demo just to see how far EA has progressed. The change in game speed is just ridiculous, it was like a turbo mode had been enabled in the WC game and it was just unplayable. I never really thought that game speed was really important until I had this direct comparison.

I keep seeing people write about how far EA have come with FIFA but after playing these two back to back and having the misfortune of owning FIFA 10 I really dont see massive progression, sure the graphics are nicer but other than that and the 360 movement the game has gone backwards if anything.

If Konami really have 1000 new animations, proper 360 movement, passing & shooting and a realistic game speed then I feel the game will just blow away the competition.

For me the pace of the game is part of the gameplay, but yes I agree, that is very important. I was reasonable happy with the pace of PES 2010.

BTW, were are those guys like Rob, charlievolano etc., who in previous years infested these topics with negative comments? For me a sign that they find nothing to be negative about in that press-release.
That is amazing ;)

Last edited:
For me the pace of the game is part of the gameplay, but yes I agree, that is very important. I was reasonable happy with the pace of PES 2010.

BTW, were are those guys like Rob, charlievolano etc., who in previous years infested these topics with negative comments? For me a sign that they find nothing to be negative about in that press-release.
That is amazing ;)

PES 2010 had a problem though (That somehow seemed to exist since PES 2008). Although the general pace was almost realistic, players legs still seemed to move at "the old speed". Just make a close up of Messi running, you'll see what I mean.

Also, doesn't FIFA10 (and FIFA WC) has a "speed chooser" in it? Or it doesn't have any effect at all?

The speed setting in FIFA affects player speeds only. Except on old gen where the whole game is slowed.

The speed setting in FIFA affects player speeds only. Except on old gen where the whole game is slowed.

Do you have any sources for this claim? If this is the case it would mean that goalkeepers can save shots on the slow speed setting that they wouldn't save on the faster settings, if only player animations are affected. Or are the goalkeepers somehow exempt from this? Do specify further if possible.

Back
Top Bottom