PES 2011 Discussion thread

at2j.jpg

at1y.jpg

pes2011finalcode.jpg

:BOP::CONFUSE:

Demo could be possible for 1st or 8th September.

If you make that conclusion from those tweets above, I cannot follow you, I am afraid... :CONFUSE:

Cheers Jimmy. So you swapped L2 and R2 based on what foot to use? Or was that a typo?

I'm happy with the team too, it's a bit light at the back (Marco Rossi at LB I think? with Simons and Dunne in the middle and El Moubarki on the right?) but the main concern I have is the bare subs bench. I do want to keep Montolivo if I can so I'll try and earn Hamsik the hard way.

Coach mode is highly recommended - the play seems sensible enough, your tactics visibly take effect and it has the added bonus of allowing you to go for a toilet break if needed!

Nice trailer, could use some work at the end though :|

I really like the ratface freekick in the trailer, the way the ball moves in exactly in the style of 'knuckle it and hope' freekick.

Wow, I'm expecting the best game ever now, PE2010 was as close to playing football as you could get, all down to angles and technical ability and 2011 is wayyy better...

I disagree. For me PES2010 is the biggest pile of crap of next-gen. OK, PES 2009 is worst, but only because the automated tackled who costed me endless penalties. About PES 2010, the button lag ruins completely the experience and the clunkyness and poor reaction of the players make things even worse... and dont let me talk about online LOL...

However, this version of PES looks very solid.

I disagree. For me PES2010 is the biggest pile of crap of next-gen. OK, PES 2009 is worst, but only because the automated tackled who costed me endless penalties. About PES 2010, the button lag ruins completely the experience and the clunkyness and poor reaction of the players make things even worse... and dont let me talk about online LOL...

However, this version of PES looks very solid.

I was being a little ironic with the first part to be honest :P I just forgot the wink, I am looking forward to the final game though, I take it we have yet to see how the trick linking works?...

Nice trailer, could use some work at the end though :|

I really like the ratface freekick in the trailer, the way the ball moves in exactly in the style of 'knuckle it and hope' freekick.

Thanks mate, I know it doesn't end in the best way, but i left the song going on purpose. The song is just too good be stopped and thats why i left it this way. :)

Wow, I'm expecting the best game ever now, PE2010 was as close to playing football as you could get, all down to angles and technical ability and 2011 is wayyy better...

Your flippancy holds no boundries Nick. And coming from someone who wont play a simulation of football because it doesnt have a full league structure is quite frankly laughable. How about focusing on what replicates the sport in its purest form first and foremost. I just cant take you seriously. If a football game was released that I personally felt replicated football better than PES, then regardless whether it even had a league, I would play it instead. I'd use a pen a paper. Thats the difference. ;)

I think the beauty of PES 2011 is that it combines the skill of the PES player, which is to be aware of technique, angles, percentages and individual player strengths and weaknessess, as well as the skill of the manual Fifa player. This system is what completely elavates it above PES 2010 and any other PES to date. Of course, add into the equation the plethora of new additons to PES 2011, and you have a product superior to any of its predecessors. In my opinion. ;)

Last edited:
Cheers Jimmy. So you swapped L2 and R2 based on what foot to use? Or was that a typo?

I'm happy with the team too, it's a bit light at the back (Marco Rossi at LB I think? with Simons and Dunne in the middle and El Moubarki on the right?) but the main concern I have is the bare subs bench. I do want to keep Montolivo if I can so I'll try and earn Hamsik the hard way.

Coach mode is highly recommended - the play seems sensible enough, your tactics visibly take effect and it has the added bonus of allowing you to go for a toilet break if needed!

You have lost me Rom ?

I dont change L2 or R2. L2 and the stick is for tricks. R2 helps caress the ball, trap it, move it out of your feet, chest off etc. It's used as close control, but does all the aformentioned. Also R2 works at its best with the more technical players.

wordpress-gives-theme-designers-middle-finger.jpg

:LOL:

I did my best, I know what I mean, I think. :CONFUSE:

Edit - Actually instead of running up pitch, think of it as running from touchline to touchline, rather than byline to byline. That might make more sense.

Last edited:
Your flippancy holds no boundries Nick. And coming from someone who wont play a simulation of football because it doesnt have a full league structure is quite frankly laughable.

I'm sorry Jimmy but the reason I don't play PES, is because I play with a friend a few nights a week playing the Manager mode in FIFA, this regardless of licences has a true SIMULATION of the league structure in whatever country you care to manage a team from...;))

As you play online, you clearly prefer this format, if that means you can't take me seriously I think I'll live with it... ;)

My post was poking at your never ending PES lauding, Jimmy, as you say you are a Fanboy, sorry Man... ;))

As for PES this year I'll be purchasing it just on the basis of what I have seen so far, it looks a real leap on 10...

Last edited:
Re: PES 2011 Discussion thread (!!!NO BETA SHARING REQUESTS IN HERE!!!)

anyway guys, pardon me for repeating post.

YouTube - beta test PES 11 GAMEPLAY

but im just wondering, for those who tried out the beta, was this your speed of the game as well? or was this on -1 gamespeed you feel? thanks.

both beta and gamescom on 0,think gamescom looks faster as the teams are better and all those players playing with their hands on sprint for whole games,id say -1 will be the best speed for playing real football

You have lost me Rom ?

I dont change L2 or R2. L2 and the stick is for tricks. R2 helps caress the ball, trap it, move it out of your feet, chest off etc. It's used as close control, but does all the aformentioned. Also R2 works at its best with the more technical players.

Jimmy, in your last long post you mentioned trying to heel chop using L2 + right stick one para and R2 + right stick in the next para. That's where the confusion set in.

Re: PES 2011 Discussion thread (!!!NO BETA SHARING REQUESTS IN HERE!!!)

I used to think that was annoying but if you listen to actual football coverage you can actually hear it. Especially when the crowd is quiet like they always generally are in PES.

When the ball is hit with some kind of power and on blocked shots etc yea but not when someone is just running with the ball.

Lots of positives to take away from MLO. People just won't have Ronaldos and Messis all the time when the full game is released - if a £3.5m player's price can go up by £1m when 5 people own him, imagine what it'll be like when 1427+ people own him. That Choob vid a few pages back shows Messi with a price of some 100's of million Euro. You just can't get that in a beta.

It's goin to be a real scramble then to get the good players first :P

man , they really need to film some GOOD players at game expos... its only for Konami's benefit because those guys suck

Nah... All those stripes and squares and circels on the pitch...
What to say about it? The most appropiate way to say it is... very messy :D

Thanks for the impressions and videos so far chaps.

Pre-ordered now and looking forward to reigniting the Pro Evo seshes with my mates.

Everybody's Golf and numerous FPS online have filled the role so far on PS3 but October should get some of the old rivalries going again heh :)

Back
Top Bottom