PES 2011 Discussion thread

Re: PES 2011 Discussion thread (!!!NO BETA SHARING REQUESTS IN HERE!!!)

It's also very easy to relieve pressure by stroking the ball around your defense, as long as you have your first touch under control.

anyone feels that in this gameplay 6 video, they could have been playing with the +1 gamespeed? doesn't feel like other videos default 0 level at all?

It's likely. But the way people play it may make it look fast too.

let's hope so mate. i'm keeping my fingers crossed. to me, anything more than 0 default speed, makes it look a lot like pes2009 and pes2010. i know animations bla bla bla, but the speed matters a whole lot.

anyway guys, pardon me for repeating post.

YouTube - beta test PES 11 GAMEPLAY

but im just wondering, for those who tried out the beta, was this your speed of the game as well? or was this on -1 gamespeed you feel? thanks.

http://www.vandal.net/video/13393/jugando-a-pes-2011-vandal-tv-gc
new pes 2011 oldtrafford

Please check before deleting.

How can Komai have a beautiful stadium such as Old Trafford and not make it authentic with the real goal/nets the stadium has in real life. It's very odd and makes you wonder who is responsible for this screw up and should be fired on the spot for it.

I don't get it. Those goal/nets are atrocious and not accurate.

anyway guys, pardon me for repeating post.

YouTube - beta test PES 11 GAMEPLAY

but im just wondering, for those who tried out the beta, was this your speed of the game as well? or was this on -1 gamespeed you feel? thanks.

I hate how you hear the sound of the player touching the ball. I hope that that sound effect can be turned down independently

The refs are absolutely shockingly atrociously awful. Bad call after bad call every single game. Thank Christ Konami recognise this to be the case and are changing them, along with the player switching which has also been the bane of my playing experience.

I'm mulling swapping out Montolivo for Hamsik, but the former has 'Covering' and Def 67 whereas Hamsik just has Def 62 and no defensive stats. On the other hand, I do have Adriano and Milner on the wings, and Hamsik has the 'Free Roaming' card. Is the Free Roam a good trait to have?

Lots of positives to take away from MLO. People just won't have Ronaldos and Messis all the time when the full game is released - if a £3.5m player's price can go up by £1m when 5 people own him, imagine what it'll be like when 1427+ people own him. That Choob vid a few pages back shows Messi with a price of some 100's of million Euro. You just can't get that in a beta.

I know the refs and GK's have been worked on, but I honestly cant remember seeing one incident yet that I've really questioned ? Weird. In my experience so far they have been fantastic, especially with the 50/50 cynical pressure challenges that seem to be varied and given either way, I like that.

The Free Roaming Card is a great one, you find that a any player with that card will always be an option. It's like free role, usually afforded to AMF's, or CMF's, with the odd DMF that can play in a few other Midfield roles. The Covering card is also very good, Puyol is outstanding with this card. If you can make sure your DMF has the Covering Card, he always be there or there about abouts picking up the pieces.

Is your Adriano the one from Sevilla ? If so, he's a box of tricks, great feet and balance, quick and very dangerous. He isnt very strong, but his feet usually and change of pace, more often that not, gets him out of trouble. how much did you pay for him Rom ?

I always use Player Switching on Semi-Auto, once you have the nack of that, you have so much more control. I dont have an issue with it currently, it's just the Regular AI that cant cope with the better players. We need a Top Player by default, but I dont see that happening as it makes the game very hardcore which may not appeal to all. It would also help massively if we had the Retreat/Cover defensive system in this Beta, I'm dying to test that, and I can see how much the game needs it, especially the way the dribbling is now set up , and the tricks.

Also, has anyone noticed how much error is in the tricks for the players with lesser technique ? Jeez, you can screw up every trick. It really isnt even worth really attempting tricks and feints with lesser players as they have at least a 50% success rate at best. Also, the feints that require certain technique are completely foot specific. Thats great news, your player wont even attempt a Ronaldo Chop if it's not on his preferred foot, or if he has a low other foot usuage. What makes it harder to judge, is when a player has maybe a 6-7 rating for other foot frequency. You really need to look what foot he is currently controlling the ball with. It's easier to judge when you have a player who is more one-footed.

I'm so happy about these feints and tricks. I really feared Konami had sold out, which is something I couldnt understand. It's simply not their philosophy, but that certainly isnt the case. I still hate this skill-linking crap, but to be fair, I think that is set for edting purposes, and it's not something you would even bother with in a game. It's hard enough timing one trick and pulling it off, never mind 3 or 4.

Edit - I passed to myself on a corner by mistake, and play carried on. Crazy, you gotta love the Beta bugs :LOL:

Last edited:
Jimmy you say the player won't even attempt a trick if it's on the wrong foot, so what happens, nothing at all? That's one thing I don't like FIFA, that if a player can't do a trick nothing happens, and unless you are always playing with the same team it's almost impossible to know what trick rating the player you are currently controlling have. So you just end up running straight in to the opposition wondering if you flicked the stick wrong or if the player can't do that trick.

I know the refs and GK's have been worked on, but I honestly cant remember seeing one incident yet that I've really questioned ? Weird. In my experience so far they have been fantastic, especially with the 50/50 cynical pressure challenges that seem to be varied and given either way, I like that.

The Free Roaming Card is a great one, you find that a any player with that card will always be an option. It's like free role, usually affored to AMF's, or CMF's, with the odd DMF that can play in a few other Midfield roles. The Covering card is also very good, Puyol is outstanding with this card. If you can make sure your DMF has the Covering Card, he always be there or there about abouts picking up the pieces.

Is your Adriano the one from Sevilla ? If so, he's a box of tricks, great feet and balance, quick and very dangerous. He isnt very strong, but his feet usually and change of pace, more often that not, gets him out of trouble. how much did you pay for him Rom ?

I always use Player Switching on Semi-Auto, once you have the nack of that, you have so much more control. I dont have an issue with it currently, it's just the Regular AI that cant cope with the better players. We need a Top Player by default, but I dont see that happening as it makes the game very hardcore which may not appeal to all. It would also help massively if we had the Retreat/Cover defensive system in this Beta, I'm dying to test that, and I can see how much the game needs it, especially the way the dribbling is now set up , and the tricks.

Also, has anyone noticed how much error is in the tricks for the players with lesser technique ? Jeez, you can screw up every trick. It really isnt even worth really attempting tricks and feints with lesser players as they have at least a 50% success rate at best. Also, the feints that require certain technique are completely foot specific. Thats great news, your player wont even attempt a Ronaldo Chop if it's not on his preferred foot, or if he has a low other foot usuage. What makes it harder to judge, is when a player has maybe a 6-7 rating for other foot frequency. You really need to look what foot he is currently controlling the ball with. It's easier to judge when you have a player who is more one-footed.

I'm so happy about these feints and tricks. I really feared Konami had sold out, which is something I couldnt understand. It's simply not their philosophy, but that certainly isnt the case. I still hate this skill-linking crap, but to be fair, I think that is set for edting purposes, and it's not something you would even bother with in a game. It's hard enough timing one trick and pulling it off, never mind 3 or 4.

Edit - I passed to myself on a corner by mistake, and play carries on. Crazy. :LOL:

Really enjoying your mlo beta impressions jimmy,keep it up as there both extensive and detailed.You should be a games tester as you understand a beta is a beta and should be judged with a open mind and that its a far cry from a polished finished product.

One quick question if you dont mind as you sound like you have a descent feel of the game.

Has the scripting gone,is the game balanced ie-average users dont have that horrible catch up system kick in(or momentum switch in there favour)when there behind and you have the rub of the green,do the have to earn there goals when there behind by using the length and width of the pitch,keeping the ball and playing better.

Last edited:
Jimmy what is the first touch of the lesser players like? Something that has bothered me about the MLO vids is that it looks too good with the default players, I have not seen them taking a high ball down and having it get away from them.
One of the things that I really like about PES is that with poorer players I often have to change my pre planned action, a loose touch allows an opposition player to close in blocking the path of pass or shot then you can try and make some space or play another pass but because the player is not set up for that pass it will go awry and you have lost possession. The stats and unpredictability really make the game and I havnt seen anyone have to deal with awkward situations.

Yeah it's the Sevilla one. I was throwing lustful glances at Luis Fabiano but didn't quite have the money despite a very good Coach mode run (until a penalty shootout where I thought the numbers next to players was their PK ability - it was their shirt numbers and I got soundly beaten! :LOL: ) so I decided to strengthen my left wing. £4.5m I think? Maybe 4.

I've currently got De Rossi in the holding role but worry if I'm wasting his ability.
In the games where I need the DM to be very conservative. In the past few games I've played an off-kilter diamond with De Rossi at LDM, Milner as a RM positioned fairly far back, Montolivo as a RCM advanced to an AM sort of position and Adriano as the LM just a bit further back. Cassano is a LSS and Milito is my striker. I'm liking that formation but I need to know how to do basic right stick tricks just to work the space a bit more. Nothing fancy - someone did a rainbow with Park Ji Sung yesterday, that really pissed me off - but I'm struggling to get the most out of my more technical players. Should I be holding L2 and right sticking it, or just right stick? Throw me a bone here guys! :)

I honestly cant remember seeing one incident yet that I've really questioned ?

Edit - I passed to myself on a corner by mistake, and play carries on. Crazy. :LOL:
Who are you to question the programming of the mighty Seabass? Even if there are bugs in PES they are always fun and make me laugh so there is nothing wrong with the game. I can't understand why people get nervous over bugs! Bloody noobs/fifa fan boys/kids who don't understand the technicality of PES! :FAIL:

I hate how you hear the sound of the player touching the ball. I hope that that sound effect can be turned down independently

I used to think that was annoying but if you listen to actual football coverage you can actually hear it. Especially when the crowd is quiet like they always generally are in PES.

at2j.jpg

at1y.jpg

pes2011finalcode.jpg

:BOP::CONFUSE:

Demo could be possible for 1st or 8th September.

Jimmy you say the player won't even attempt a trick if it's on the wrong foot, so what happens, nothing at all? That's one thing I don't like FIFA, that if a player can't do a trick nothing happens, and unless you are always playing with the same team it's almost impossible to know what trick rating the player you are currently controlling have. So you just end up running straight in to the opposition wondering if you flicked the stick wrong or if the player can't do that trick.

Nothing happens Gab, you run into the player. I love this system, because it's not one set of feints fits all. You need to know your individual player before you attempt them. Also, each player has different feints, and amount of feints allocated to them. And at present, it's not something I can even see, you need to play around with each player and learn whether they have 1,2,3 or 4 feints allocated to either L2 + Right Stick up, down, left or right.

Some players only have feints allocated to L2 + up, L2 + left, others have more. Once you have then sussed which player has however many feints, you then need to remember which direction on the R Stick does what. Then you need to know which trick he is doing, and if that's a trick that requires a preferred foot to pull it off, like the Ronaldo Chop. (Rainbow flicks are set to down/up I read so that doesnt matter, not that I'd attempt one)

I like this system Gab, it means you need to know your players inside out, and what may work for Saurez, will not work the same for Baptista. The harder the tricks are to both execute, time etc, the better they are for me. And it's not like you can spam them either, it's very high risk V medium reward. Most players wont even bother trying them or using them in fear of losing possession cheaply, which is exactly as it is in real life. Nobody wants to feel the wrath of their team-mates in real life by showboating for the sake of it, only to lose possession for your team. This is how tricks should be done in my opinion.

As an example on how the preferred foot works.......

Take Saurez, right footed with a decent left foot, but not as good as his right. The player is attacking right to left on the pitch. I push up on the left stick to make him run up pitch, (not right to left) as he is running up pitch from bottom to top, he is using his right foot. I then press L2 and push the Right Stick, left (as thats the goal I'm attacking) He will then use his right foot to initiate the Ronaldo Chop, which quickly changes his direction and has him bearing down on goal.

If Suarez is attacking from left to right, and I repeat the same technique, running from bottom to top of the pitch, but hold L2 and press the Right Stick Right, he will not perform the Ronaldo Chop as he is using his right foot and needs to use his left foot to change direction. Two footed players with high other foot usuage will be able to peform this trick from either direction. It's technical, but its spot on, and really makes you think. I need to check more ofr the players and more of the feints, I saw someone pull off a cracker with Quaresma last night, and it was using the same philosophy as what I explained.

The bottom line is, once you have your team, try practicing with your most skillful players, and one by one master each player and learn what feints his has and one directions he has available. Dont even bother trying them with lesser players or learning what they have, as the percentage of success is alot lower. Also, you really only want to be concentrating this side of the game on your naturally tricky players. If I was Rom, I'd get Adriano nailed till I knew him inside out, its that type of player that can do damage with these feints. It's also more realistic to see these type of players attempting them.

Phew, that took some explaining. Also R2 is fantastic for all sorts of first time touches, and something people will massively overlook. Last night I passed to my player, I could see my opponent bearing down on my ball receiver, I instinctively pressed R2 as in my mind I knew I needed my player to open his body and sort of body feint the oncoming player looking to disposses me. To my utter amazement, my player did exactly what I'd hoped he would, and I didnt even know it was possible, it felt right to try R2 out of pure instinct to the situation. My player did perform a body feint, and bought me that extra yard to sidestep the challenge. It was simply beautiful. It's this type of extremely clever programming that blows my mind. It's subtle, but as a footballer, it's like your mind is catered for without you even knowing. Genius.

By the way Rom, your team is looking pretty solid across the field there, I need to enter some competitions, I need some quality in the DMF roles, i'm lacking badly in that area. Mavuba or Chedjou from Lille are my next targets. Both as strong ball winners, Felliani is also a monster.

Ern Dog - The lesser players have poor first touches, and after touches, dont worry about that. It's amplified as well by how good the better players are in this area. And because of the higher agility and extra limb movement of the more technical players, there is a much higher degree of touch all round. As you would expect though, it's not something you can see by videos, you have to 'feel' it.

Expander- Even this is only a 60% code, I can honestly say hand on heart, this catch-up clearly isnt in. If you play rubbish, and the other player is playing well, you will get ripped to pieces. I have never played a PES in a long, long time, if ever, that I can almost hear and feel my opponent's brain ticking over. Because of the Freedom and the difficulty, you know yourself how hard it is to put a great passing move together. It makes you really appreciate just how much thought your opponent is putting into it. It's hard to explain, but you have this respect that I cant remember having before. Probably because the other PES games made you play the way they wanted you to, to an extent. But the shackles are off now, and it's another world. It's not who is the best PES player, but more so, who has the best footballing mind combined.

Last edited:
Who are you to question the programming of the mighty Seabass? Even if there are bugs in PES they are always fun and make me laugh so there is nothing wrong with the game. I can't understand why people get nervous over bugs! Bloody noobs/fifa fan boys/kids who don't understand the technicality of PES! :FAIL:

I really don't get you sometimes.. Bugs should be addressed. We wouldn't want to see the same bugs carried over to newer versions.

I really don't get you sometimes.. Bugs should be addressed. We wouldn't want to see the same bugs carried over to newer versions.

I think its safe to assume he's just being sarcastic. But not in a witty clever sort of way.

Back
Top Bottom