PES 2011 Discussion thread

Re: PES 2011 Discussion thread (!!!NO BETA SHARING REQUESTS IN HERE!!!)

This game is by far the best game Ive played (even on its beta code) of football this gen. PES is not back buts its close, and I'm going to enjoy it this year. EA effed up.

Now I am going to wait a week or two after the game comes out so that patches are ready on PC, that way I won't have to be playing with unlicensed stuff.

BTW yes the animations are not FIFA good, but they don't have to be, they are enough and certain animations are better than the FIFA ones. This game feels like I will be playing it all year long.

I am no brand loyalist, I played FIFA 08 and 09, went back to PES 6 for the year 2010, but this year PES is the game so it seems, even if there are things to be fixed because no game is perfect.

Thanks Konami for sticking with us the hardcore fans, we really appreciate this game.

Didnt get choosen for the MLO beta(which was heartbreaking as im a massive ML fan),however,im over the moon with what im seeing coming from gamescom via these videos.Only a blind man or fool wouldnt be able to see how far pes2011 has come since pes2010 and blue samuri.Its all in the tiny details ie-Player movement off the ball,the changes of inertia,the subtlety of the dribbling and close control in confined spaces,players reaction to loose balls,and the variation.

The MLO beta videos had me a little bit worried that the game hadnt come on that much since E3 with the animation still looking a little juddery and the transitions still looking poor, but thankfully the gamescom videos put these fears to rest.

What is clear from the gamescom vids is how one dimensionally so many people play pes as they just tend to pass and rush goal rarely mixing it up or exploiting the new strengths of long passing in pes2011 and the crazy angles you can generate from the wings.

Theres still question marks for me over defending but this could be because most of the gamescom videos ive seen the people playing just press the ball with there nearest defender,reacting late to danger rather then reading it early and correctly positioning there defense plus the cursor seems assisted jumping to one player then the next which is evident in the way the defenders stop and start there movements.

One things for sure though fifa11 has its work cut out this year.

I quit the d-pad years ago but this year literally everyone says the d-pad is impossible in 2011, so I'm going to guess it's impossible.

So many pages to read after I got home from a short vacation, can anyone point me to the location of the best Gamescom videos? not that I wont read all these pages eventually.

Check the news thread mate, here.

No mate. Not at all. Believe me on this, I'm one who's been using the D-pad up until 2010. Played the beta, first thing I did was use the analogue stick, which I've never done before, and guess what, I haven't touched the d-pad sine. Analogue felt perfect, so natural, so organic.

So you played all of PES2010 with d-pad? I rationally understand that we're going through a change, and I tried to adapt with PES2010 with some success, but I still struggle with the analogue stick. I'm curious to know if that's just for the game's shortcomings (widely discussed), and maybe with a better 360° control it will feel perfect as you say.

So you played all of PES2010 with d-pad? I rationally understand that we're going through a change, and I tried to adapt with PES2010 with some success, but I still struggle with the analogue stick. I'm curious to know if that's just for the game's shortcomings (widely discussed), and maybe with a better 360° control it will feel perfect as you say.

With 2010 I tried but I always switched between D-pad and analogue, slightly preferring D-pad. But for the 2011 beta, I forgot D-pad even exists.

Does anyone knows if will have Japanese teams in PES 2011?

thanks

I played both pes2010 and blue samuri with the analog stick,infact ive been analog since the ps1 went dual shock and even earlier on the n64 with ISS N64.For me its subjective and what your willing to get used to,how many other games apart from 2d platformers and 2d brawlers do you really need to use the d-pad for now,its totally last century and old hat.

While im happy to admit up until pes2011,pes has primerily been a game built around the d-pad,ive never felt at a disadvantage when playing against friends with the analog stick when they use the d-pad,as in some ways i felt it actually had its advantages.

Know doubt about it in my mind,the d-pad has held pes back limiting the gameplay to automated dynamics out of neccessity and to acommodate this limited control interface,and thank heavens this has finally changed,thanks in part to EA for having the balls to free us from the shackles of 8 directions of movement in fifa10 which has caused konami to follow suit.

Must be quite a learning curve for those trying to get to grips with pes2011s free passing system and the new found freedom and control that the analog stick now affords in the MLO BETA.Get used to it though,you wont look back as it opens up the unlimited potential of long passing and through passing and is infinitly more comfortable and subtle.

Last edited:

Yeah, I know, that's why even before PES2010 I made a conscious decision to learn to use the analogue stick. I think I managed to get decent results with it, but I'm still in the phase of not entirely enjoying the game like that.
So I wonder if a better control system will instantly feel different or if I have to continue the difficult learning process.

Little detail, but did anyone notice that Konami have added some new hairstyles in the edit mode ?

In the trailer we can see Beckenbauer's and Platini's typical hairstyle. There's also a Maradona-like hairstyle in this trailer (the hairstyle chosen for the BAL player, still in the trailer).

Just a detail but it'll be nice to be able to edit these legends in order to make them look more authentic than Madorna, Behrengauna and Proquinei do :P.

Yeah, I know, that's why even before PES2010 I made a conscious decision to learn to use the analogue stick. I think I managed to get decent results with it, but I'm still in the phase of not entirely enjoying the game like that.
So I wonder if a better control system will instantly feel different or if I have to continue the difficult learning process.

Naturally,i imagine for many there not stringing there passes perfectly yet nor does there game have total cohesion,which is a good thing it as it shows pes2011 has depth and is muti layered,but when i tryed pes2011 at e3 i was really comfortable,as it felt and reminded me alot of ISS on the n64 a game that had true analog and total passing control,so i felt very at home as i played that series for years even prefering its depth over the early pes games.

Stick with it though nothing easily achieved is worthwhile nor is nothing worthwhile easily achieved,pes2011 has teeth it rewards those that put the time in,just how it should be.

Last edited:

To anyone who has the MLO beta. Do the kits look better graphically over pes 2010?

As a customer, I want the best of everything in the product I am buying. :BYE:

So I assume you where a rolex and drive a bugatti, wear couture attire and only eat from a personal chef :FAIL:

Even if you did that you wouldnt be getting the best in every aspect as no product that has alternatives is the best in every feature set.

I am confident in what I am seeing and hearing through the whole build up. Lets just hope this isnt the destination for Konami but a new launching point after the dark years.

I say to Seabass - just fix your eyes on NBA2k (even that game has bugs and a few poor animations) - that should be your gold standard to follow.

Can anyone tell me whether PES has 360 degree movement comparable to Fifa? It looks far superior graphics wise but still looks abit 8 directional to me from what litle I have seen.

I dont think you can beat a sony first party pad IMO.

I must admit, I cannot use the analogue on the official Sony pads, it's very awkward for me. I bought this one because of where the analogue is situated, best pad I ever bought for me personally.

41qzlWeWbEL._SS400_.jpg

About those controllers, do PS3 controllers work on PC? I have some xbox controllers, but if I can use PS3 controllers on my PC it would be better.

So my shopping list:

2 PS3 controllers (if they work on pc)

a new Nvidia Geforce graphics card

and PES 2011

The fun I will have this year....priceless.

Can anyone tell me whether PES has 360 degree movement comparable to Fifa? It looks far superior graphics wise but still looks abit 8 directional to me from what litle I have seen.

Rest assured it certainly isnt 8 directions. 32 maybe ? Full 360 degrees movement with players like Messi, or at least the illusion of.

I must admit, I cannot use the analogue on the official Sony pads, it's very awkward for me. I bought this one because of where the analogue is situated, best pad I ever bought for me personally.

41qzlWeWbEL._SS400_.jpg

Hey J give me more information about that pad. I am now used to the Xbox360 controller but I want to play in PS3. I have two options: either I get an adapter to play with my 360 controller in the PS3, or I buy the controller you suggest...

EDIT: Is this the one? Amazon.com: PS3 Shadow Wireless Controller with Rumble: Video Games@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ceetOPErL.@@AMEPARAM@@51ceetOPErL

Last edited:

About those controllers, do PS3 controllers work on PC? I have some xbox controllers, but if I can use PS3 controllers on my PC it would be better.

So my shopping list:

and PES 2011

Yep I can confirmed you PS3 controller is working on PC. But you must find the driver first. Just Google it.

Not sure how to count 360 but can assure you you have many more directions now. If it wasn't then I'd still be using d-pad.

So my shopping list:

and PES 2011

Yes they do work. You can google it and easily find the driver.

EDIT: wan was quicker.

In Windows 7 you do not need a driver to make PS3 controller works. Just a thought...

About that controller Jimmy recommends, the reviews are terrible. I think I will pass...

In Windows 7 you do not need a driver to make PS3 controller works. Just a thought...

About that controller Jimmy recommends, the reviews are terrible. I think I will pass...

Really? I do remember reading something along those lines. Maybe it did work straight away for me after all. Was just keeping it safe and recommended googling :P

I hope Santos will be in the game, anyone know? I really want Neymar Ganso Andre Robinho in my ML team :]

Robinho should be back in Man City no?

I hope Santos will be in the game, anyone know? I really want Neymar Ganso Andre Robinho in my ML team :]

there are some rumours about Brazilian League liscenced....

but... i don't know if it's true.

Back
Top Bottom