PES 2011 Discussion thread

Re: PES 2011 Discussion thread (!!!NO BETA SHARING REQUESTS IN HERE!!!)

Yeah, the speed looks too fast in those videos. Same thing in the limited FIFA 11 videos.

steveee, you may be right that speeds are upped for these codes to appeal to the casual gamers in attendance.

The problem with the PES videos is that it makes the animations look worse than they are. They are limited enough as it is, and we know the transitions need work, but upping the speed just brings all the worst visual elements to the fore.

For all the new animations added, I still don't know if the game has the fluidity of the older games. I suppose the demo will answer all there as it's basically final code.

I'm just very miffed that they haven't re-introduced some of the better animations back from PES 2010. It seems like every animation i've seen is brand new, which is why there dosen't sem to be many. Is there really just one animation set there for crosses?

The fluidity will be there! Just usure how many animations will be present and i'm miffed why haven't seen some of the better ones from PES 2010 back? are they trying to make sure all the new stuff works, then bring back the older stuff to polish it off, would be logical?

What all customizers want to know and I have yet to see someone ask this to Seabass:
Did they finally remove the stupid limitation on the number of emblems and kits you can add/edit?

Is there any info on this at all? I hope we won't have to live with this problem for one more year...

The WENB podcast is great guys. Go listen. PES is back. Well happy about it.

What Pes is back? PES2010?
The feeling of PES6? No way. I'll give you all 3 months until you call this game rubbish.

i want pc demo now.....................

At least for me this game feels like nothing played before in the saga. But I reserve my final judgement for the demo and final game... so far I like it a lot...

Some videos seem fast, others don't. I doubt they've changed the default speed. But you do know there's a speed slider this year don't you? Some of the guys playing may be used to it faster and may have set it to +2. Also, there's the youtube + screen effect.

i know about the speed slider of course, but too much has been hyped and such poorly delivered in the last 3 years. i remember in pes2009 there were a few vids clearing showing slower video and suddenly the demo and full game was delivered at a lightning pace.

i'm hoping too its just the youtube + screen effect.

The feeling of PES6? No way. I'll give you all 3 months until you call this game rubbish.

come on, don't make me even more worried than I already am! (reminds you of the last airbender?)

the only reason i'm getting a ps3 in a mth's time is because I want to give pes2011 a chance finally! i didn't get any editions after pes6, they were all rubbish. don't bother arguing about that.

and now, the new gameplay vids and driving me to close them. that's annoying seeing that I must have watched every MLO beta vid. I know we can adjust the gameplay speed but, the point is, IF noone actually complained or posted feedback to them about increasing the default speed, why did they go ahead and do that then? what's the point of user feedback then?

i was actually starting to compare pes2011 to pes5 until last night. :RANT:

YouTube - Gameplay PES2011 beta online does not remind you of pes5 and the 'old' pes feeling? made me feel awesome, that.

Last edited:

So what is the official release date for NA and UK and EU ?

The feeling of PES6?

Who the hell want's PES6 back? You seem like one of those people who just follows what the majority say :YAWN:

I'm wary about what bugs PES 2011 will have and will there be 'enough' animations (It's fluid but there dosen't seem to be that many animations) That's it, rest is looking fantastic.

The difference between PEs 2010 at gamescom last year? to now:
YouTube - GamesCom 2009: PES 2010 Show Floor Footage

and PES 2009?
YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Gameplay 8400gs

Everyone who had half a brain could see they were going to be average games at best! PES 2010 was ok, i likely certain parts of it. PES 2009 was an arcade game and the game in which Konami realized they were clearly losing the plot.

Sorry but you need to come with a much better argument!

kwozd964.jpg

:JAY:

Sls
Polter2k

Guys... I watched all the videos of PES and FIFA from GC 2010 , and I changed my mind ........ i can't believe it but is true.. The PES look way better game :CONFUSE: even the animations look much real and natural. I was very disappointed with what I saw in the MLO videos , but here in GC in 2010, things are much better .
My hope is back!

And yeah
villapes2011.gif

WOW the Berkamp Trick .

Why in GC no one make the tricks :/ only pass pass pass and shot !!

Last edited:

Guys... I watched all the videos of PES and FIFA from GC 2010 , and I changed my mind ........ i can't believe it but is true.. The PES look way better game :CONFUSE: even the animations look much real and natural. I was very disappointed with what I saw in the MLO videos , but here in GC in 2010, things are much better .
My hope is back!

And yeah
villapes2011.gif

WOW the Berkamp Trick .

Why in GC no one make the tricks :/ only pass pass pass and shot !!

I cannot stress this enough, you cannot even begin to judge anything on watching videos. The feel of this game is incredible, even at this early stage, it's light years ahead of anything from a technical footballing standpoint. As for that trick, I'm sure that isnt a trick that you can manually pull off, I dont think it's a right stick trick. I'm sure that is more a natural move you will see with players with high technique. It's probably the 'dummy' (Hold sprint as your looking to receieve the ball), only instead of letting it run through his legs, the ball may be coming at an angle that dictates this animation. I would be very suprised if this isnt the case.

Despite being the technical football game of the year, PES still isn't close to the mechanical football game of the year -FIFA- in terms of animations. :D Well, at least it's playable. Can't wait for some Spanish style football.

Despite being the technical football game of the year, PES still isn't close to the mechanical football game of the year -FIFA- in terms of animations. :D Well, at least it's playable. Can't wait for some Spanish style football.

It doesn't need to be.

PES 2011 animations are fine.

As a customer, I want the best of everything in the product I am buying. :BYE:

Well people tend to overrate the animations of FIFA when comparing it to PES. FIFA animations maybe more fluid but that doesn't mean it's more realistic. Just look at the dribbling for example.

I cannot stress this enough, you cannot even begin to judge anything on watching videos. The feel of this game is incredible, even at this early stage, it's light years ahead of anything from a technical footballing standpoint. As for that trick, I'm sure that isnt a trick that you can manually pull off, I dont think it's a right stick trick. I'm sure that is more a natural move you will see with players with high technique. It's probably the 'dummy' (Hold sprint as your looking to receieve the ball), only instead of letting it run through his legs, the ball may be coming at an angle that dictates this animation. I would be very suprised if this isnt the case.

Of course the game has completely different taste when you play it, but since I have huge experience with PES/WE/ISS, maybe 14 years already and now pretty easy I can see when something is wrong and what I like , even from video, but still not rushing to say anything generality , because I did not play it. It seems that PES better than FIFA in GC 2010 is a fact, look much breezy (maybe for us , PES fans , but not for FIFA's) , but perhaps this fact will change after the release of demos. Who knows!

As a DS :PIRATE: I'd admit from the maxed out colour wise short vid's we have seen of FIFA I prefer the PES graphics at the moment, I know it's hard to judge from the little we have seen but the animations in PES are by no means a game breaker...

We have everything from a very poor to the best technical game ever on the scale, from the guys with the Betas but mostly it's good noises so we know the truth will be it's quite an improvement on 10 and that has to be the starting point for all releases...

Fifa's faces are superior, but thats pretty much it though :)

Hey guys, since I live in Cologne and a friend of mine had two trade visitor tickets we were yesterday at Gamescom and had plenty time to play FIFA and PES.
First of all, I'm a long time fan and PES player myself, since at least 10 years. Having seen the trailers and so on before we were anxious to play it our-selves.

Do you remeber the PES 2010 demo last year? The demo felt unresponsive in terms of control and the players somehow didn't do what the player wanted him to do. Then, the retail version played completely, different like day and night.

I have to say, that the PES 2011 demo @ Gamescom remebers me of last years, sadly. It's hard to describe, but I'll try: the players on pitch seem kind of unresponsive and quite don't do what you want. Passing is a thing you'll need time to learn, after a couple of matches, it worked out better, but not perfect. Honestly, I had a very hard time playing the game, nothing really worked the way I wanted it. Strangely turning the player on pitch the way I wanted had not always worked and the challenges seemed not appropriate in terms of AI logic and animations. But the game had a status of "80% finished" so I still have faith!

At last some good things about the game: very nice presentation & graphics. Animations look much better, same goes for the excellent formations menu.

As proof I've been there, here a pic of the Konami booth ;-)

Greets

I also caught some guys from prorevo-Blog playing the game ;-)

img0272x.jpg

img0276s.jpg

They had a very nice replica of the UEFA CL Cup ;-)

img0275gw.jpg

Last edited:

Maybe this is the license surprise.

Spurs are Licensed in PES 11

Videogamer.com have revealed that the second English team to be licensed in PES 2011 is Tottenham Hotspur!

Having last been licensed in PES 2008, Spurs return at the expense of Liverpool FC, with the reason given by Jon Murphy that Tottenham simply did better than Liverpool last season.

“So why aren't Liverpool in this year's game? It's quite simple, really: Spurs did better last season.

"They [Liverpool] had a bad season," said Murphy. "What we have to try and do is to pick the teams that will fit into the top flight competition - the Champions League. It's not a reflection on Liverpool's fan base at all. It's just that we have to try, because we are so limited in the number of UK clubs, we have to make the other areas as authentic as possible."”

Some of you with access to the MLO Beta will have noticed that Spurs are missing from the English league, now you know why!

Of course the game has completely different taste when you play it, but since I have huge experience with PES/WE/ISS, maybe 14 years already and now pretty easy I can see when something is wrong and what I like , even from video, but still not rushing to say anything generality , because I did not play it. It seems that PES better than FIFA in GC 2010 is a fact, look much breezy (maybe for us , PES fans , but not for FIFA's) , but perhaps this fact will change after the release of demos. Who knows!

I appreciate the video's can tell you things, but like I said before, watching it and feeling are so far removed from each other in this game, you can never truly feel it's brilliance without playing it. So much to re-learn as well.

Fifa's faces are superior, but thats pretty much it though :)

I would have to say Fifa's lighting effects are first class, when i first saw the screenshots of fifa 11 i had to do a double take because my first impressions was that it was a photo :SHOCK: but on closer inspection the graphics let it down slightly. if these lighting effects were in pes11 you would have a game that would look very very photo realistic.

COYS!

Back
Top Bottom