PES 2011 Discussion thread

Re: PES 2011 Discussion thread (!!!NO BETA SHARING REQUESTS IN HERE!!!)

It's not confirmed yet that we'll have only 1 license.
Only one?:CONFUSE:
EA are really scandalous, disloyal and disgusting. That's also why I just can't buy any FIFA, they just deserve to be boycotted by all real PES fans for sabotaging the competitor that way (and also for attempting to kill the second-hand games market).

Is anyone surprised by this? I'm certainly not anyway.

Smells like typical EA.

Wow! Count me in as being more excited to play PES this year than FIFA for the first time in a few years.

There's one thing that's bothering me though: when dribbling or in a ground pass the ball looks like it's on an invisible string. Dribbling, the ball reminds me of a yo-yo, while typical ground passes are like darts, or like a bullet out of a muzzle, almost like the animation speed is too quick at first.

Anyone else notice this?

Only one?:CONFUSE:
EA are really scandalous, disloyal and disgusting. That's also why I just can't buy any FIFA, they just deserve to be boycotted by all real PES fans for sabotaging the competitor that way (and also for attempting to kill the second-hand games market).

Just remember: there are two sides to any deal. I'm just as pissed at the leagues for agreeing to exclusive licensing agreements.

Can't really fault them for a good business move, even if it sucks for us.

Btw, whoever's been complaining about the nets: I'm with you, they look terrible. Everything else beautiful though - SO much better than FIFA's cartoon player models.

Does anyone know if the kit graphics have been improved for pes 2011? by this i mean the kit badges more clear and higher res?

Just remember: there are two sides to any deal. I'm just as pissed at the leagues for agreeing to exclusive licensing agreements.

Can't really fault them for a good business move, even if it sucks for us.

Agreed. Should be made illegal IMO. Why can't they just offer the license to whoever can stump up the cash?

Still, this is only an issue until juce works his magic :WORSHIP:

I did amigo no joy just some national teams not club?

No i mean 1 liscense for the whole prem. Why cant konami get the rights. Who's cocks are EA sucking.

I know mate, that's also what I meant. That's not confirmed yet. I know that currently we only have one, but that can change.

It's stupid shit like this that makes me applaud the NBA even more for not locking down their licence/brand.

Agreed. Should be made illegal IMO. Why can't they just offer the license to whoever can stump up the cash?

Still, this is only an issue until juce works his magic :WORSHIP:

I don't think I've played PES since editing was possible for the consoles, so question: is it a difficult process on the consoles? How much will I be able to edit?

Well, Fifa 11 looks like a pile of shit so hopefully EA will have a little less dirty money this year.

Hell, who am I kidding!

LOL, you know you are lying yourself...

It's stupid shit like this that makes me applaud the NBA even more for not locking down their licence/brand.

David Stern would sell his mother if possible :P

Not sure if it's old news or not, but according to Jon Murphy's twitter:

"You can also chip the keeper in penalties now"

Yep I can confirm this, happened against me :P

:LOL:

Not sure if it's old news or not, but according to Jon Murphy's twitter:

"You can also chip the keeper in penalties now"

I think I saw one in one of the MLO videos posted in another thread - executed by Ordaz, so the performance was pretty poor, but successfull. Low arc, through the middle, ball hit the ground about a meter in front of the keeper and bounced in the net off the goalie's foot.

edit: Lami, so was it you being Panenka'd by Ordaz in that vid? :)

Last edited:

every new video seems to indicate an obvious increase in gameplay speed compared to all the MLO beta videos we saw around here. this is worrying, cause the beta videos made me see a whole lot of pes5 in them, but on the other hand, the newer videos are a little discouraging, in terms of speed. anyone feels the same?

yeah.. I am noticing that too.. even know the newer videos look more polished.. the only thing I don't like about it is the speed they playing on... which looks basically like fifa world Cup pace (normal speed online) in that video to me. However, I'm hoping and assuming the master league online beta is going to be the default speed for that mode online when the game releases as well. Also, I'm not to much worried about the speed for offline because I believe there is 5 different speed settings... more than enough to please everyone I'm sure which is awesome by konami and hopefully EA follow suit. the reason you see maybe at this gamescon event faster speeds is because people like myself and you that like the slower game speed is not the majority.. I believe that most of the casual footie gamers who buy these games want the faster gameplay and just want to go from one end to the other and score as fast as possible.. they can careless of it having the pace of a real football match with tactics and buildup. I think most would basically complain it's to slow and this crowd is the majority of the people who buy these games. I could be wrong.. either way.. it's just a preference of what you like and I'm glad konami is giving us 5 different speed options

Last edited:

yeah.. I am noticing that too.. even know the newer videos look more polished you can tell.. the only thing I don't like about it is the speed like u say... which looks basically like fifa world Cup pace (normal speed) in that video online to me. However, I'm hoping and assuming the master league online beta is going to be the default speed for that mode online when the game releases as well. Also, I'm not to much worried about the speed for offline because I believe there is 5 different speed settings... more than enough to please everyone I'm sure which is awesome. the reason you see maybe at this gamescon event faster speeds is because really imo.. people like myself and you that like the slower game speed is not the most popular I think.. I believe the majority of casual footie gamers who buy these games want the faster gameplay and just want to go from one end to the other and score as fast as possible.. they can careless of it having the pace of a real football match with tactics and such. I could be wrong.. but I don't think so... for example, if there was slow speed vs fast speed online rankings I bet the majority would be playing fast speed.

Or maybe like fifa the host chooses the speed.

yeah it might be like that.. but I hope they make everyone play the way I want though online which is slow.. hahaha this one of the things that annoys me with fifa/wc online is the majority wants to play fast and with assisted controls. it's good FIFA will have full manual leaderboards now.. hopefully it will help get this way of playing online more popular. I'm also glad in konami's game you don't have to worry about assisted, semi, or manual control settings and what people use online. I think between semi and manual is what should be for everyone with no other options.. at least with online rankings. it's good I heard some say who are playing PES 2011 already saying the controls feel like inbetween semi and manual which is another positive for me

Last edited:

Yeah, the speed looks too fast in those videos. Same thing in the limited FIFA 11 videos.

steveee, you may be right that speeds are upped for these codes to appeal to the casual gamers in attendance.

The problem with the PES videos is that it makes the animations look worse than they are. They are limited enough as it is, and we know the transitions need work, but upping the speed just brings all the worst visual elements to the fore.

For all the new animations added, I still don't know if the game has the fluidity of the older games. I suppose the demo will answer all there as it's basically final code.

Back
Top Bottom