PES 2011 Discussion thread

Re: PES 2011 Discussion thread (!!!NO BETA SHARING REQUESTS IN HERE!!!)

After seeing previous videos and then playing the Master League Online, it's a game you need to play, rather than look. It's all about the feel, I'm not too sure what we can really gauge from Gamescom, apart from touched up animations and more eye-candy.

well this makes me even more excited. I am one who has not played the game yet but I was first very impressed just with the Master league online videos because for online play.. the game that looks far better than what I currently play online in FIFA world Cup 10 in terms of gameplay, real pace, and actually looks like it going have some tactical game which I want. I do not want arcade online football no more.

now some of the newer videos of offline play from gamescon even look better but the gameplay speed in some of the videos is to fast for my liking. but I know konami now has 5 gameplay speeds which is perfect to please everyone. I personally like the pace of the first master league online videos I saw but think the game looks even more polished and even better in the gamescon videos even though the pace looks faster. the gameplay just looks fantastic to me overall and finally maybe a PES game I will get day 1 and play for awhile on my PS3. the only thing that will prevent me from doing this is if the demo I test just sux or if I think FIFA is better

can't wait!

Last edited:

well this makes me even more excited. I am one who has not played the game yet but I was first very impressed just with the Master league online videos because for online play.. the game that looks far better than what I currently play online in FIFA world Cup 10 in terms of gameplay, real pace, and actually looks like it going have some tactical game which I want. I do not want arcade online football no more.

now some of the newer videos of offline play from gamescon even look better but the gameplay speed in some of the videos is to fast for my liking. but I know konami now has 5 gameplay speeds which is perfect to please everyone. I personally like the pace of the first master league online videos I saw but think the game looks even more polished and even better in the gamescon videos even though the pace looks faster. the gameplay just looks fantastic to me overall and finally maybe a PES game I will get day 1 and play for awhile on my PS3. the only thing that will prevent me from doing this is if the demo I test just sux...

can't wait!

If you're a harcore PES fanboy like Jimmy, the PES beta is very playable. If you want to be impressed though, I say wait and play the demo. IMO the beta game speed should be a little faster paced, but when someone has high agility players in their team the game definitely speeds up.

OMG I really can't stand those nets anymore. Just make it a bit tight en square. How hard can that be?

Last edited:

Game looks Ace on those Gamescom vids. Running animations look horrid though. Especially for Roben, Messi, Eto..They run crouching and look very unrealistic. Crossing animation looks poor as well.

Oh well...

OMG I really can't stand those nets anymore.

Agree

the nets are very Unrealistic :CONFUSE::CONFUSE::CONFUSE:

it's too difficult to Konami?
Harrod_Football_Goals.jpg

Last edited:

Game looks Ace on those Gamescom vids. Running animations look horrid though. Especially for Roben, Messi, Eto..They run crouching and look very unrealistic. Crossing animation looks poor as well.

Oh well...

The running animations dont look bad. The fifa animations are overhyped in my opinion. PES animations are alot closer to fifa and some are better.

The running animations dont look bad. The fifa animations are overhyped in my opinion. PES animations are alot closer to fifa and some are better.
Agreed.

I haven't seen many stuff about FIFA11 to judge, but let's be frank : FIFA's animations are complete, perfectly linked and fluid, ok but some movements are not realistic.

The running animation in FIFA10 seems good because it's very smooth, but actually the way the arms and legs move isn't way realistic than PES2011 to be honest. I'll always prefer balanced and solid players (PES) than floating players.

Very impressed with everything I have seen today. Only negative is that we in the UK have to wait an extra week! WTF?! Also those nets really need to be fixed especially with everything else looking so good.

This video as mentioned before is one of the best: http://multiplayer.it/video/pro-evo...011-pes-2011-videoanteprima-gamescom-2010.hi/

The animations look a step above those in the beta and some of the AI routines look like they have been addressed such as player runs. All in all the game is looking very smooth and fluid and I cant wait for the demo. I just hope Konami change the UK release date.

Oh and im glad to hear that the penalty camera angle has changed. Also WENB are recording a special podcast with Jon Murphy which should be good to listen to.

If you're a harcore PES fanboy like Jimmy, the PES beta is very playable. If you want to be impressed though, I say wait and play the demo. IMO the beta game speed should be a little faster paced, but when someone has high agility players in their team the game definitely speeds up.

I wouldn't call myself hardcore PES fanboy.. I might be a hardcore footie game fanboy.. I haven't got in to PES game yet on next gen 360/PS3 but this one looks like I might and has me excited. maybe I'm just so sick of FIFA world CUP and I see nothing different with the new FIFA compared to it what I wanted fix with gameplay. I still wait to judge both demos for myself though but from videos so far.. PES is winning hands down for me which I can't believe and I'm excited for PES again like the old days on PS2 although I am trying not to get to excited. I didn't expect konami for one to even have a playable online mode (main reason I play fifa/wc) game therefore probably wasn't going to get it. I currently play FIFA world CUP on slow game speed full manual online and it's still to arcadish in terms of the pace and double pressing speed.. for me but the master league online beta looks more to my liking and pace of game the way I want FIFA to be. Whatever the speed is in the first masterleague online videos i seen is the standard pace is perfect for me. I hate the fast speed footie. I like the pace very slow where the game looks like it forces you and lets you play with proper buildup instead of forcing you to run gun hold sprint button running into people taking no football IQ to be dominant like in WOrld CUP online.

Last edited:

I would ignore hardcore PES fanboys because they are.... fanboys so of course they will praise PES no matter how shit it is.

This is why i pm'd actual legit people here who are no fanboy of either franchise to give me a good impression of this game and so far its positive.

i personaly hate fanboys.

Agreed.

I haven't seen many stuff about FIFA11 to judge, but let's be frank : FIFA's animations are complete, perfectly linked and fluid, ok but some movements are not realistic.

The running animation in FIFA10 seems good because it's very smooth, but actually the way the arms and legs move isn't way realistic than PES2011 to be honest. I'll always prefer balanced and solid players (PES) than floating players.

Agree 100%, liking these new videos, look like PES is back! The game looks like proper football, it looks very tactical and HARD to play!

Still a tiny bit for work to do though!

There seems to be some positioning errors with the formations like with center backs at times standing on the goal line for no reason here and there but the game still looks very tactical and deep. It's seems Crisitano has his own good animations and has the dribble style of a trickster :) but Robben dosen't. I thought he would have something similar to what he did in PES 2010!

Keepers look SO much better apart for again the one or two strange things i saw here and there!

Apparently this is an 80% build :CONFUSE: surprised! I'm sure the 100 final build will have the tactical game spot on with all the man marking etc.. right back in. Also anyone noticed Messi's unquie dribbling animation from PES 2010 isn't there anymore? Are they putting more animations in for the final build?

Is it safe to say PES is BACK? :JAY:

With so much chnaging in the game I would a few bugs to be in there. There is not as much as they was in PES 10 and non of them are real gamebreakers.

Hopefully this preview code is like a few months old and they have fixed the dodgy defensive ai and some of the dumb keeping at times. I dont see why konami cannot tweak the game and send us out a patch for the game when it comes out.

Last edited:

Guys,
does anyone know which National Teams will be in PES 2011?

Guys,
does anyone know which National Teams will be in PES 2011?

Should remain the same as PES2010 + Algeria, New Zealand, and North Korea. We don't know if there will be more licensed NT yet.

every new video seems to indicate an obvious increase in gameplay speed compared to all the MLO beta videos we saw around here. this is worrying, cause the beta videos made me see a whole lot of pes5 in them, but on the other hand, the newer videos are a little discouraging, in terms of speed. anyone feels the same?

every new video seems to indicate an obvious increase in gameplay speed compared to all the MLO beta videos we saw around here. this is worrying, cause the beta videos made me see a whole lot of pes5 in them, but on the other hand, the newer videos are a little discouraging, in terms of speed. anyone feels the same?

Tactics > Speed

If the tactics are poor (defences don't work together, and sitting midfielders don't run back) Thats my main concern! The speed looks fine to me, really because they players are clearly having a hard time getting to grips with defending ans are leaving huge spaces!

For me, love the default pace, think its perfect tbh.

Does anyone see any difference in those Gamescom vids in terms of gameplay/graphics/animations/speed for 360/PS3?

Maybe its because MLO is games played online mate. games played offline are always more smoother than online play

Some videos seem fast, others don't. I doubt they've changed the default speed. But you do know there's a speed slider this year don't you? Some of the guys playing may be used to it faster and may have set it to +2. Also, there's the youtube + screen effect.

Does anyone see any difference in those Gamescom vids in terms of gameplay/graphics/animations/speed for 360/PS3?

They seem better than MLO, which is at 60%. Gamescom is at 80%.

Back
Top Bottom