PES 2011 Discussion thread

Re: PES 2011 Discussion thread (!!!NO BETA SHARING REQUESTS IN HERE!!!)

Just read on PESfan, that those that have the Preview Code and the ML Online Code are stating the ML Code looks poor in comparison. :CONFUSE:

Just read on PESfan, that those that have the Preview Code and the ML Online Code are stating the ML Code looks poor in comparison. :CONFUSE:

I would hope so too, I am having a great time but the ML code is badly bug ridden, the player select cursor is a nightmare in a group of players and also when defending a corner my two full backs stay on the goal line even after the ball has cleared my half!

Can't wait for the demo though as that is hopefully according to JM going to be finished code.

Hey jimmy exciting times ahead, cant wait for the demo, btw cracking online report from yerself the other day, i was a bit concerned about the first touch still being in the game, but thanks for clearing that up. 2 questions m8 1,did the ref award you any penalties? 2, Does the player in possesion still blindly run the ball out of play when too close to the touchline?

Hey guys, since I live in Cologne and a friend of mine had two trade visitor tickets we were yesterday at Gamescom and had plenty time to play FIFA and PES.
First of all, I'm a long time fan and PES player myself, since at least 10 years. Having seen the trailers and so on before we were anxious to play it our-selves.

Do you remeber the PES 2010 demo last year? The demo felt unresponsive in terms of control and the players somehow didn't do what the player wanted him to do. Then, the retail version played completely, different like day and night.

I have to say, that the PES 2011 demo @ Gamescom remebers me of last years, sadly. It's hard to describe, but I'll try: the players on pitch seem kind of unresponsive and quite don't do what you want. Passing is a thing you'll need time to learn, after a couple of matches, it worked out better, but not perfect. Honestly, I had a very hard time playing the game, nothing really worked the way I wanted it. Strangely turning the player on pitch the way I wanted had not always worked and the challenges seemed not appropriate in terms of AI logic and animations. But the game had a status of "80% finished" so I still have faith!

At last some good things about the game: very nice presentation & graphics. Animations look much better, same goes for the excellent formations menu.

As proof I've been there, here a pic of the Konami booth ;-)

Greets

I also caught some guys from prorevo-Blog playing the game ;-)

img0272x.jpg

img0276s.jpg

They had a very nice replica of the UEFA CL Cup ;-)

img0275gw.jpg

Hi dude and 10x for share
I have to say, that the PES 2011 demo @ Gamescom remebers me of last years, sadly. It's hard to describe, but I'll try: the players on pitch seem kind of unresponsive and quite don't do what you want. Passing is a thing you'll need time to learn, after a couple of matches, it worked out better, but not perfect. Honestly, I had a very hard time playing the game, nothing really worked the way I wanted it. Strangely turning the player on pitch the way I wanted had not always worked and the challenges seemed not appropriate in terms of AI logic and animations. But the game had a status of "80% finished" so I still have faith!
Hmmm

Hey jimmy exciting times ahead, cant wait for the demo, btw cracking online report from yerself the other day, i was a bit concerned about the first touch still being in the game, but thanks for clearing that up. 2 questions m8 1,did the ref award you any penalties? 2, Does the player in possesion still blindly run the ball out of play when too close to the touchline?

I can answer these buzzy, Jimmy will probably confirm.

I've had a couple of penalties - one for a horrendous tackle from behind and another where I got barged off the ball and pushed (just inside the area). You would get away with the second instance every time in PES 2010.

Sometimes the player in possession runs the ball out of play, but this is generally after trying to control a cross that bounces off his chest (this was with the ML default players though, Mikel is very good at controlling the ball). Also times where I've been running and turn quickly to avoid a challenge and the ball drifts out of possession as I couldn't keep up with it. Some of the controlling on the chest and running out of play was a little frustrating to watch, but the other instance seems like a realistic occurrence.

I had 3 penalties awarded to me in one game, the dirty bastard. :LOL:

The referee's have been brilliant in my 15-20 hours of play so far. You dont even notice them, because almost all decisions you feel are justified. You get the odd one, but then, you want those. They are not blatant fouls more cynical pressure challenges that can go either way. It certainly makes you realise how bad the ref's in PES 10 are.

I havent seen any players run out on the touchline, but I have seen little bugs like players forgetting the ball and stuff, just minor code issues though as the rest is solid for the most part. There is now inertia with the player movement thats obvious and looks nice, especially when a player trys to keep a chasing ball in play and stops it on the byline but his momentum carries him over the touchline, even though he has kept it in play. Thats nice.

I know a few of my friends over at PEEL are struggling with the demo, I can understand that, the game requires you to use your footballing brain more than anything I have ever played before, alot more. Options seem limitless now, so your not doing what you know works, you can try anything, and this opens up so many possibilties, and in turn, so many potential errors. Which is football, pure and simple.

Edit - Also the first touch, like I mentioned before has been massively upped and varied. What is also very noticable and serves to take the First Touch a step further, is the subsequent after-touches of the players. This is all technique, centre of gravity based, but it works very well from a realism perspective. The amount of touches a player takes to move it out of his feet, combined with a greater emphasis on the players limbs, ensures a much higher level of dribbling control for the smaller, technical players. They have a disadvantage physically as you would expect, but this higher emphasis on the dribbling touches helps these players become more agile, fleetfooted and nimble. It also makes dribbling an art. I jinked inside and out of 3 players last night with Saada, and never once used the sprint, just slight taps on the R2 button to bring the ball back close to me, as and when. R2 also serves to dummy a pass in your stride, and readjust your body angle when picking up a loose ball.

Last edited:

Who know that.
when the pc demo out.

Last edited:

one question...

is it still possible to play with the dpad as good as with the analog stick? duo to the movies it seems you HAVE TO play with the analog stick now if you want to be competitive.

Just a couple of minutes ago PESFAN just announced that Tottenham Hotspurs are the 2nd licensed english team.

My guess was right! :SMUG:

I would hope so. The MLO code is a bit rough around the edges.

one question...

is it still possible to play with the dpad as good as with the analog stick? duo to the movies it seems you HAVE TO play with the analog stick now if you want to be competitive.

Why would you want to play with the D-pad? Let it go. Once you play PES2011 you'll understand why.

d-pad all the way baby !!

No mate. Not at all. Believe me on this, I'm one who's been using the D-pad up until 2010. Played the beta, first thing I did was use the analogue stick, which I've never done before, and guess what, I haven't touched the d-pad sine. Analogue felt perfect, so natural, so organic.

Last edited:

one question...

I quit the d-pad years ago but this year literally everyone says the d-pad is impossible in 2011, so I'm going to guess it's impossible.

So many pages to read after I got home from a short vacation, can anyone point me to the location of the best Gamescom videos? not that I wont read all these pages eventually.

Spurs?! Aw man I was still hoping for Liverpool FC or at the very least Arsenal.

I quit the d-pad years ago but this year literally everyone says the d-pad is impossible in 2011, so I'm going to guess it's impossible.

So many pages to read after I got home from a short vacation, can anyone point me to the location of the best Gamescom videos? not that I wont read all these pages eventually.

It's not impossible, and my mate still prefers it after playing yesterday. But then again, he's stupid. I'm with Lami, been a D-Pad man all my life, but wouldnt play PES 2011 any other way. You have so many directions available, the D-Pad doesnt do the Freedom justice.

Date much. pes2011 pc demo download.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom