PES 2011 Discussion thread

Re: PES 2011 Discussion thread (!!!NO BETA SHARING REQUESTS IN HERE!!!)

Nice write-up Jimmy. The big question is can you go back to PES2010 now?

You can think about that during your sexy time.

You cant really go back to PES 2010 after playing this. It's such a massively different way of playing PES, it's like nothing we have ever had before. Pure Freedom. After hundreds of hours of playing PES 2010, I like to think I'm a pretty decent player, I feel like a complete novice on this. The game is so, so deep and will take a long time to master. It will also require alot of thought and time. But I can see the rewards will be huge.

The Online Master League is set up over five divisions, and like the current ranking system, you move through the divisions based on how well you do. I'm currently lying in Div 5 and 193rd. I can see people dealing with each other in the transfer market, and refusing bids and leaving their own personal news alerts for all to see.

My only concern so far is how the passing stats really effect the game. My gut feeling is we have lost some of the obvious benefits, but what we have is a much more free experience. So it's hard to be too critical when the game plays so well, and very methodical and balanced pace-wise. Also the tactics all save automatically, as does everthing else. The variation of corner kick styles, animations and deliveries is vast.

Also the keepers on show will be all Master League default, and therefore not very good stat wise, maybe 60 overall at best. If anything, I felt my keeper has performed way above what his stats are, and if anything he was too good.

The one aspect I couldnt pull off yet was the retreat tracking when defending. The physical battles play out very realistically with the outcome as you would expect.

Last edited:

My only concern so far is how the passing stats really effect the game. My gut feeling is we have lost some of the obvious benefits, but what we have is a much more free experience. So it's hard to be too critical when the game plays so well, and very methodical and balanced pace-wise.

Perhaps it's just because you are using the default master league players, and maybe the variation in passing ability between these players is not so noticeable. The real test will be when you take control of players like Fabregas and Xavi.

Liverpool actually lost official license :(
Some licensed teams kit is updated (Milan, Barca..)Some is not updated yet Inter)...
Wonderful corner kick and cross animation...
Is it possible to make a lob penalty? (In Italy "Cucchiaio")?

:LOL: the players look so casual when running, they all look like they are in pre season mode!

Perhaps it's just because you are using the default master league players, and maybe the variation in passing ability between these players is not so noticeable. The real test will be when you take control of players like Fabregas and Xavi.

I suppose, but some of my players look like Fabregas, but I'm getting the direction and power right. I have not had alot of success with the throughball, and I can see how the lobbed through ball will be stat based. Alot of my through balls I have applied the power bar, maybe they will be more accurate with better players. I need to buy some players, I have £500,000 budget.

I have just been informed I need 16 points for promotion. Just scored my first goal off a header and great passing move. Crossing isnt power or direction based, more stat related. This is incredible, PES has never played this smooth or free, not even close.

I can now see how passing stats come into play, its the accuracy of the area you aim. The manual passes are superb, and the normal X maxed out with power and direction gives the ball loads of zip and really gives you so much more control. PES has never had anything like this. The graphics, camera, lighting, animations are so super smooth you could be forgiven for thinking you were not even playing PES.

Last edited:

I suppose, but some of my players look like Fabregas, but I'm getting the direction and power right. I have not had alot of success with the throughball, and I can see how the lobbed through ball will be stat based. Alot of my through balls I have applied the power bar, maybe they will be more accurate with better players. I need to buy some players, I have £500,000 budget.

Get into competitions. You'll get heaps of money that way from ticket sales, even if you lose.

Yeah, I just popped it on at half time in the Utd game and saw the '8pm' (9pm UK time) compo was Coach mode only. Next one isn't for another hour and a half. The most important thing is you make sure you're still logged into the compo's main menu at the turn of the hour, so you get prize money besides the gate receipts. Edit: you can leave and come back, but be warned that matches seem to take at least 20 minutes a pop.

Is it just me or are Spurs not in there at all?

Last edited:

Yeah, I just popped it on at half time in the Utd game and saw the '8pm' (9pm UK time) compo was Coach mode only. Next one isn't for another hour and a half. The most important thing is you make sure you're still logged into the compo's main menu at the turn of the hour, so you get prize money besides the gate receipts. Edit: you can leave and come back, but be warned that matches seem to take at least 20 minutes a pop.

Is it just me or are Spurs not in there at all?
Just noticed. They aren't in and there are 19 teams in the EPL. They'll probably add them later then.

What people mostly dont understand or acknowledge is this is the ONLINE GAMEPLAY vids and it look like your playing the CPU...The game simply plays a clean slow paced abusive userless, realistic online football game...there is simply no other sports title ever to have this sort of online gameplay...

well, I noticed a few significant slowdows, this is the new lag?

oh my god..
goalkeepers fixed please...

a lot of goals are unrealistics...

Not bad at all. Thank heavens I have been playing PES with the analogues since PES 2008.

It is just so damn intuitive and IMO is the perfect balance between manual and player attributes. Jostling is nice as it's not overkill and it's fair as u can't barge into players. People that use speed a lot, enjoy having to undo that habit finally PES respects the riquelmes, xavi's and any other slow but skilled midfielders again. Btw my goalkeeper has saved my ass on many occasions already so I don't know what the fuss is about. I made a little highlights video which is just ridiculously fast on my camera as the game is slow. Everything is so awesome so I'll leave u with a negative. Auto shoot and clear are still there as well as the lack of power and directional Goal kicks. Saw a daft volley animation and the graphics and sound are very beta. Seriously though in 8 matches I haven't had any goalkeeper issues.

Think I've had one or two where the keeper was just standing still. He did save me quite a few times though, 1-1s too.

I need somewhere to vent my frustration. As you know many honest players have missed out on getting a code to pay the game but this prick here who hate's pes signs up with his ONLY intention is to bash the game.

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 online beta gameplay #3

Look at him moaning here! fucking idiot expects a beta not to have bugs? I mean when he plays fifa on manual here and takes it past the entire Espanyol team straight from the kick off with Kenwyne Jones! He thinks that's realistic?
YouTube - Heikki360 vs KaLeXo - FIFA10 Manual Online Ranked

As you can see the whole match is a horror show!

I git the world cup game on the cheap, I'm making sure i playing his ass and kicking it! too teach him some manners!

I HATE fucking fanboys!

I'll leave my short impressions here, for now.

I'm liking the mode a lot, I can see it being played by many people a lot. I'm still on D5, but aligned for a promotion. I managed to participate in a Cup, but the servers went tits up during the knockout stage. I played a Dutch guy who wasn't there, somehow, so I ended up scoring a single goal just to avoid penalties, and not to penalize him much... Strangely enough, I was just playing a Coach mode cup as well, but it went bonkers as well after the qualifying matches.

As Lami said, the competitions are where you get your money's worth. Each game is bringing me 350k, I pay 150k to enter, and play at least 3 games. I'm liking it.

It's an interesting system, and together with the market valuations should provide a lot of fun for those willing to explore it.

The games and lag were so and so. I had several games with little lag, some with moderate lag, but nothing that would significantly hurt the experience, I guess. Still, it should be fixed - and I think that the lag is worse in Wide camera than in Normal Long (the default one). Maybe it's my mind playing tricks.

Regarding gameplay, I'm liking it quite a lot. It's different enough and refreshing. I still haven't used the feints, nor the full-manual passing (L2 + buttons... the pain), but the passing as is is already pretty flexible and powerful. Since there's no training mode, I wasn't able to try and master it.

The camera is another thing I'm not liking at the moment - and this is down to personal taste. Sure enough, it's really nice to look at, but when you're trying to control a player parallel to the sideline, or trying to aim a pass with the new system, I just couldn't get to grips with it. Maybe with time - or hopefully we can choose to play in a camera which doesn't pan.

Well, sorry for being late - and for being short.

I hope you guys have a blast with it. I'll be off tomorrow, but I'll definitely be following your updates.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares

Hi, Sorry To Bother But Does Anybody Know Why Tottenham Hotspur Arnt On The Beta?

Good taste? Best reason to buy PES2011 yet.

edit: It's odd. At points I like what I see with these videos, at points I'm horrified - and at points I'm just not excited. It doesn't look like that much of a change from PES 10 in terms of movement - it's hard to know how the passing now is, which is probably the change which most interests me... It's difficult to look past the glitchy stuff too - there seems to be a lot of it - some amazingly dumb defensive AI too.

Last edited:

What people mostly dont understand or acknowledge is this is the ONLINE GAMEPLAY vids and it look like your playing the CPU...The game simply plays a clean slow paced abusive userless, realistic online football game...there is simply no other sports title ever to have this sort of online gameplay...

spot on.. exactly what I am seeing here without playing the game. this is what has been missing in any footie game online..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom