PES 2011 Discussion thread

Disclaimer: Just an Opinion/Observation and in no way am I saying I am right or someone is wrong, just a thought that I needed to express...
I wanted to write this because of all the PES 2011 hype and bashing that is going back and forth....IMO I believe that to truly have a great soccer game it needs to be on the PC, Why? Because only then can everyone be happy due in large part by the modding community allowing us to make changes and customize the game to your liking...no soccer game will fully make 100% of the fans happy. People have different likes and dislikes, game is too fast or game is too slow etc. etc. I believe that PES has done something great which is its AI, thats what keeps the fans and true soccer gamers happy and coming back, the rest can be customized via Kitserver or Global editor etc. For example I hated PES 2010 until I patched it and modified it to my liking and really enjoyed it the last couple of months. With PES 2011 they made the big changes: Animations and Manual/Semi passing freedom; along with the AI the game has potential to be great of course after modding and patching is done to ones liking.
This is why I think FIFA 11 on the PC will actually be better than FIFA 11 on Xbox 360/Ps3 because all the changes they made on the console version from FIFA10 to FIFA11 can easily be made by the PC community..Personality+ seems like it can easily be replicated by the modding community with a simple Global Editor program and Player models can be edited as well, also I think the AI will be improved once some patches come out...again this is why I believe that PC versions are more likely to satisfy gamers solely because we can customize the game to our liking.

My opinion based on videos...I believe that PES 2011 will satisfy us a lot more than previous PES (2007/2008/2009/2010) but will still need to be improved in later installments in order to get closer to that utopia game that everyone is waiting for. Looking forward to the demo's for both titles as I believe both games will be enjoyable this year.

You dont need to mod ya game to make it amazing. i use the pc for gaming. Pes on the console is now next gen and would make me play it on the console with the option files and stuff. Fifa on the pc is a hydrid of fifa 10 and WC. 2 poor games in the fifa series for me. I dont want last years outting. I want the console version which ea wont give the pc verison.

Every vid i have seen of the MLO beta the keepers still do not make 1 handed saves, they go with both hands. Konami seriously need to add tons more animations for the keepers. And whats with that 10 year old keeper animation when he gets mad at his defense and throws his fist at them lol. That seriously needs to go.

Every vid i have seen of the MLO beta the keepers still do not make 1 handed saves, they go with both hands. Konami seriously need to add tons more animations for the keepers. And whats with that 10 year old keeper animation when he gets mad at his defense and throws his fist at them lol. That seriously needs to go.

LOL i noticed that also. But i have to say looking at the rest of that video it does look pretty good. Just wished they'd given us PC users a chance to play.

The beta is amazing...the passing system make the game on a whole nother level... first time in a sports game that you need to play the proper way to be affective in an online game...

STOP REQUESTING KEEP THIS THREAD CLEAN!

I want to see more videos. I like the fact everybody starts with minanda & co :>

greeaatttttt

Gamefan71: you're wrong.

To game share you have to give the person you login details then they download the beta on to thier system.

its easy.

Yes it's easy, but not necessarily a good idea. DO NOT gameshare if you don't know what you are doing. It can get you into trouble if you share too many times, for instance if your PS3 breaks and you need to download your psn buys onto a new machine. It can also get you banned from psn. So just know what you are going into.

Was lucky enough to get a XBOX 360 beta code earlier this afternoon, had 3 online games so far and of course as its a beta it would have bugs but its fun so far, can you invite other people on your friends who also have the beta to an online game?

i just watched the youtube gameplay video posted here.

those that have played it, does it remind you of pes5? watching it somehow reminded me of it.

Re: PES 2011 Discussion thread (!!!NO BETA SHARING REQUESTS IN HERE!!!)

Will konami ever has keepers who produce 1 handed saves? they animation is still not present for the new pes. The keepers need alot work next year regarding the animations.

Ok I have played 6 matches on the Online Demo Code, very kindly sorted for me by Mart and Evo-Web. I'll make this a first impressions as I have just got back from Turkey and need to give my girlfriend some sexy time. Once I've given the game a few more days solid play I will report back with more.

The pace of the game is very, very good on default, and slower and more complete than possibly any PES yet. It suits what Konami have strived to achieve, a passing based game with a huge emphasis on midfield build-up play and battles

Passing - Superb, ultra freedom as promised and stat related, I can only use the default Master League players as I havent bid for anyone yet, but even with ther current players you can see a difference. I really need to play with an accomplised passer and teams to really note the differences.

Tapping X is great for little deft touches, I'm a D-Pad man but that is now gone for good, Analogue give so much more angles and freedom. Anything longer than a tap and you bring up the power bar, which suprisingly, I really like. Small triangular passing Spanish style can be replicated beautifully once you get the grip. Accuracy stats play a part.

Manual pass with L2 does exactly that, and puts it into a space, power bar assisted, but I didnt feel stat assisted. Also many directions are available, and the difference between just holding down X and L2 and X is that the normal pass will generally go in the direction and towards the player subject you aiming, but can fall short with error. It looks to pick an area, to feet, left or right, or slightly more either way, L2 manual doesnt. This gives you even more freedom of passing, very well put together. A pinged ball along the deck now gives you that extra zip to evade a potential interception.

Lobbed pass with Circle works very well, with excellent power and distance options at your finger tips. Lobbed Through Pass has some lovely 'clipped' animations and the ball moves beautifully in the air. I tried a 60 yard diagonal Manual high pass and the ball went to the area I'd aimed, although with a little too much power, but I did max it out.

Passing has never ever been this good, this free, or require this much skill. People with a good footballing brain will excel at this.

Shooting looked very varied, in 5 games I'm yet to score, and have only had a handful of shots, none hit with any real authority, but this will be down to my poor stats. I've seen some cracking strikes against me resulting in goals.

The Keepers have been superb in my 5 games, with my own keeper pulling off some incredible saves, but also not fumbling anything or flapping at high balls like they do in PES 2010. The goals I have conceded have been great goals, no arguments.

The referees have been equally excellent, I've not seen one bad decision and he has given a few Yellow Cards for cynical challenges that although didnt look like much, really did play spoiler tactics and disrupt a good move or chance.

The dribbling is the best yet, very risk V reward and really does replicate real life technique. Lesser players have poor close control and sprinting usually ensures if your not careful, you show your opponent too much off the ball, resulting is dispossession, or the physical battle, which is handed very realistically on player build, size and strength. Watching a big defender out-muscle a smaller weaker player off the ball is brilliant to watch and feel.

The tricks are suprisingly alot better then I thought. It is harder to reach for them, ensuring it's a risk, it also requires excellent timing. The worry of people abusing the tricks is null and void for me, it's like real life, you run a much higher risk of losing possession than you do beating the man. That said, when you time a trick right there is a huge sense of satisfaction, it's deserved, and you know it.

My one worry was that all players can do all the tricks, that isnt the case from what I saw. The defenders attempted only limited feints, and the success rate was lower as the technique affects the timing. I do need to look into this more. Some players didnt even attempt tricks when I tried, but that could be me.

The biggest step forward in PES 2010 was the emphasis on the first touch and how it varied from player, brilliantly mimicing real life. This system has now been improved even more, much more. The theorys are the same, but the animations make is work so much better. One of the main reasons is the new dribbling system, but more so, this new 360 movement. Now you really have so much more control of the players limbs, which creates infinite first touches and a massive amout on angles. With the stats having a huge effect, it really is very, very clever stuff.

The jumping over the ball animation is very good and automaticn, its initiated when you miss out a player with a harder pass and one of your players is in the way. The AI knows what your attempting and clears the path in a very pleasing way. The Ai itself seemed very good indeed, and I'm sure it can only be Regular by default. There will be no more sprint whoring go on in this game, those tactics can be stopped very efficiently.

I have only seen two suspect animations so far that didnt sit well with me. One was an attempted volley when a header was the better option. It just looked very wrong, and didnt connect. Also, a goal scored against me didnt look right, it was wrap round shot, but I didnt think it looked realistic. In saying that, most of the animations look superb compared to 2010, very smooth and relevant.

I've also seen players picking up a ball in open space and using their hips to feint one way and take the ball in the other direction. It gives a much more free feel to even collecting an open ball. High passes can be zipped and pinged in, and the ball feels very nicely weighted, and the odd floated direction predetermined pass is long gone. The physics of the ball are also massively improved, with alot more variation coming into play because of the excellent and varied First Touch.

One thing that instantly jumped out at me is the burst of speed and the relevant animation, very impressive. It really gives you the feeling of what your seeing and the relevant inertia is better than anything PES has done before.

Edit- To answer the post above, I've seen at least 5 one-handed saves already.

Last edited:

Nice write-up Jimmy. The big question is can you go back to PES2010 now?

You can think about that during your sexy time.

shoot from 1 meter is not bad goalkeeping...

Look N' Gog goal for Liverpool..

Can anyone tell me if the kit graphics have been updated for this year? what i mean by that is has the resolutions for the kits been increase?

Does anyone else think that the players control and first touch looks to tight seeing that its the crappy default players? I have been playing PES 5 for the past year or so and I remember all kinds of F ups by the default players, it all looks too good, reminds me of FIFA .

Back
Top Bottom