PES 2011 Discussion thread

The game is too hard at the beginning especially if you just came from playing loads of PES 2010. Sprint whores wont get anywhere in this game, especially with the crap players you start off with in ML. I haven't really seen any ping pong passing. If anything the passing of mine has been completely fucked up. Some players require less power when passing due to their short pass stats and accuracy. You can feel a more refined player individuality. Just signed my first player. Gyan Asamoah. :) It really does get better as you get more and more used to it.

Oh and the camera panning is too slow. It cant keep up with a powerful quick shot or cross.

i wonder what fifa guys will think of this game. for me the transition from PES08 to fifa 08 was same as you i.e was hard to control and get use to the controls of fifa.

i wonder if this new PES is more FIFA-Like?

From the vid, obviously the passing is hard and need some time be learn. The player look like chickens chasing for the balls. The rest is awesome. I am excited finally. But hope to see more in celebration.

The passing system is quite difficult especially with the default players who are pretty crap.

Is my presumption that it looks a little bit too precise a la fifa passing ill-founded then? I must point out i only saw one video and it was Man Utd playing.

Lami when you say you can string two together and then the rest goes wrong a fault on your part or the game deciding to misplace a pass randomly. It did that in the recent Fifa World Cup and i found it a poor way to counteract ping pong passing.

There is a way to download pkg demo files on pc.Also to extract them and compress them again.So maybe there is a way to hex edit the files to play in other consoles units??

P.S:Is this talk againts evo-web rules..If yes tell me to delete this post

Is my presumption that it looks a little bit too precise a la fifa passing ill-founded then? I must point out i only saw one video and it was Man Utd playing.

Lami when you say you can string two together and then the rest goes wrong a fault on your part or the game deciding to misplace a pass randomly. It did that in the recent Fifa World Cup and i found it a poor way to counteract ping pong passing.

It's a mix of both. The angle is determined by me, then the accuracy and power depends on each player's stats. That's what I felt. Passing with one player isn't the same when passing with another. Some use more power while others don't for example.

the passing system is new and difficult... but in a good way.
let's remember it's just a Beta... the final code will be showed at GC.

Why? because its now harder and requires more skill. I beleive that is fantastic. The game is now the same old ping pong easy passing and now is more of a simulation.

Disclaimer: Just an Opinion/Observation and in no way am I saying I am right or someone is wrong, just a thought that I needed to express...
I wanted to write this because of all the PES 2011 hype and bashing that is going back and forth....IMO I believe that to truly have a great soccer game it needs to be on the PC, Why? Because only then can everyone be happy due in large part by the modding community allowing us to make changes and customize the game to your liking...no soccer game will fully make 100% of the fans happy. People have different likes and dislikes, game is too fast or game is too slow etc. etc. I believe that PES has done something great which is its AI, thats what keeps the fans and true soccer gamers happy and coming back, the rest can be customized via Kitserver or Global editor etc. For example I hated PES 2010 until I patched it and modified it to my liking and really enjoyed it the last couple of months. With PES 2011 they made the big changes: Animations and Manual/Semi passing freedom; along with the AI the game has potential to be great of course after modding and patching is done to ones liking.
This is why I think FIFA 11 on the PC will actually be better than FIFA 11 on Xbox 360/Ps3 because all the changes they made on the console version from FIFA10 to FIFA11 can easily be made by the PC community..Personality+ seems like it can easily be replicated by the modding community with a simple Global Editor program and Player models can be edited as well, also I think the AI will be improved once some patches come out...again this is why I believe that PC versions are more likely to satisfy gamers solely because we can customize the game to our liking.

My opinion based on videos...I believe that PES 2011 will satisfy us a lot more than previous PES (2007/2008/2009/2010) but will still need to be improved in later installments in order to get closer to that utopia game that everyone is waiting for. Looking forward to the demo's for both titles as I believe both games will be enjoyable this year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom