PES 2011 Discussion thread

I think the penalty camera view is their attempt to recreate the broadcast style of view.

I'd love to see them add more to pens though to make them more tense and more broadcast like.

Have a picture in picture style. in the top left a small window showing the typical player facing the goal penalty kick view we've always had. you use that for aiming and diving just like always.

Then on the main part of the screen they can show close ups of fans crossing their fingers, the referee ordering men out of the box, a close up of the keeper jumping around and then the penalty taker standing waiting.
:! This is the out of the box thinking we need from the devs

From PESFan:

Monday sees the launch of the Master League online test. For those lucky enough to be chosen you will be emailed with codes so you can join in.

In Master League online players compete in the same league playing matches against each other. To make the most out of the test we want as many people to play online at the same time.

As the test is only open for 10 days we suggest that all players where possible play each night at 7pm BST, this is to ensure we have enough players online at once to experience the full Master League Online.

I think the penalty camera view is their attempt to recreate the broadcast style of view.
I notice when Sky Sports broadcasts Premier League games more often than not they show the penalty being taken from a vertical view (zoomed in to behind the penalty taker), like the old penalty camera angle in PES.

I agree they should restore the original camera angle for penalties. They still have it for penalty shoot outs, so why not in "normal" play?

But then goal kicks are shown from behind and then revert back to side on view when the run-up starts. Konami should do the same for pens.

Maybe Gamescom.

Nice idea. Though with its current state, how hard is it to show us the vertical view to decide where we're going to place the ball then as soon as the player starts his run auto-switch back to side view.

This.

Is there a set time for these emails on Monday? I don;t want to have to keep logging on and checking my inbox all day until they start sending them out at 8pm or something dumb like that.

Hehe my mailbox is linked to my blackberry. If I get that mail on monday during work, someone in my family is going to have to die or be on their deathbed. "Boss my aunt...she..sniff,sniff.....I have to go".

di stefano, kubala, gento, butragueño, guardiola, luis suarez, zubizarreta, ramallets, arconada, camacho, gordillo, michel, nadal....

spain 2 eurocups, 1 worldcup
netherlands 1 eurocup

He's Argentine still not Spanish. His football was shaped by River Plates style and one of the last great products of the 'maquina' era.

Anyway I hope the number of stadia is more than previous editions or at least have the templates that allow recreation of more stadia.

It's sad to see old stadia removed like the Velodrome in Marseille. How do these licenses work anyway ?

Last edited:
That sounded good when he said that for PS3 and PC, you can import what the commentator says for the team names.

So now all we need is for some nutter to hunt down all the times Jon Champion has said all of the club team names in the game and make it available for download.

Would really be nice for the commentator to say "... and Silva's strike means it's Manchester City 3 Manchester Utd O" for instance

if someone could download any of the soundfiles from ISS3 (or any ps2 game cube iss series) it has jon champion commentating :)

A well respected Dutch PES player wrote down his thoughts on the game. He tested the game thoroughly at InsideGamer's HQ. Please beware that it's a Dutch article translated with Google:

PES 2011

After reading several (p) reviews last Friday, I had the opportunity to test PES 2011. For this I am with Elite and Leo at Inside Gamer was in Hoofddorp. The ride was wild and, as he drives Elite PES plays. Quickly and without looking That Is. I told him mention that he had beaten me, thick with PES 2010, however, I do this (against my nature) without pain in my heart, namely, PES 2010 is old, boring and the past. My friend Elite is simply always something behind, I'm already gone further and playing PES 2010 simply gives me no satisfaction anymore. Would not it be?

A Whole New Game

To get straight to the door down to business, PES 2011 is (almost) nothing to the game that has ever been. Nothing like it ever was in the old-gen consoles. The first jars felt like it was the first time I ever have played a footie. It really did not make sense and that was actually for everyone who played last Friday. Keep it in it's all right but great?

To be or not to be?

On various forums you can read that one doubts whether there is 360 ° dribble in the game was stopped. Some indicated that this is not the case and had even talked of the famous 8-directions you only from your controller can do magic. After just a few minutes I was already behind this fortunately is not the case in the version I've played. I felt like I had all the freedom I need to get me to feel free in a footie game.

However, it was soon clear that there is something to be planed will, for example, sometimes it was pretty hard for defensive player especially having to keep tight control. He sometimes seemed a little too much his own way to go, there was a lot to be corrected in the runs when you wanted to take control. The movements of the virtual gods felt and looked smoother than some (youtube) films, would have you believe. Unfortunately, neither of us succeeded in linking tricks as I really wanted it just screwing around.

Dribbling is therefore more difficult? It is difficult to assess because PES 2011 really Weather Easy to learn, hard to master concept applies. Even an elite known to dribble came through is not easy, but again, who says that this will be the case two months after its release? The new defense is simply not noticed me, you can actually easier and more controlled you determine if your foot wants to stabbing the ball off tackle. But I would not really defend new name. The time was not sufficient to reach very deep into it to go and no one had the level that it was necessary to properly defend. There's really any potential, but again, time will learn.

A bit back Jaap

Then the fit, there is now also much about it and talked. It was the application that caused my teammates and I are to say the least rather "amateurish" feeling. The fit was difficult, very difficult. I've never seen a marathon in which PES the ball as much as a fairly silly way over the goal line was played or in which players simply were not reached, though they were less than 2 meters away from you. I struggled through those first few games back in play as my 2-year-old daughter would do. And who does not look to television as they played PES but its controller.

You can still click around fairly easily, by simply not fit to use manual. Just do not press the button is enough. This does not mean that it is as simple as in previous sections, without really using manual passing you aim carefully. The balls go in all directions as you what. But you must, as PSV coach Rutte ever-horny so aptly pointed out for this one great pass to enter the race to decide. And just let that all work very good with this new system. It gives lots of satisfaction as splitting pass and then arrives with the outside right (and I mean right side out) the ball into the corner to curl. Such passjes I have really only a few can give all those pots and so did the others .. Not every player can give a pass, and that's a good thing. You Sneijdertje one in your team should have several times in a single game the defense to be allowed to penetrate.

Blur?

To graphics, there is not much to report on the angle, menu and more realistic looking faces after. The new angle to the eye looks nice, but I do not know if it will really contribute to the survey. There was a strange blur in the game, especially visible in repetitions. I attribute this to the version here, but we had no one else since I've heard about. The menu looks slick and oddly enough, this is really important for some, that's why I give it more as a reference.

Bugs and Jesus

Unfortunately, not everything about the game, despite it all so damn "new" felt. I once stated in an earlier preview of a next-gen PES that there were bugs in that tormented us all when Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross. To my great sorrow there are many bugs that were already worthwhile endeavor is still in the game. And that, my friends, makes me very sad.

The keeper still decides where the ball is shot back, and that can not really my kind Japanese. That is simply not done. Defenders shooting the ball will still automatically out of the sixteen, while you want to set up a counter and really not that button is pressed. I got a cool flashback and thought of that movie with that fucking scary chick whose neck just 360 ° (very appropriately regarding PES 2011) could run, The Exorcist, you know? That woman had no control over himself and thus felt that now too and that can not be simply a game that stands above all and should stand for freedom. I had the hope that it was because semi-assisted liked but that turned out to be no turd.

Apply the advantage rule was and is still too difficult for the referee and that provides the necessary frustration. So hard can it be? You can also offside quiet here Cola deal (even with the neighbors if you're quick) because the game still lingers here on.

The course outline of your fellow players were inconclusive, both defensively and offensively. But really elaborate on the tactics were not there, there had to be played. It was improved compared to the previous sections, but that is not very difficult. Moment is that I will not be what many people hope.

Anything else?

Course (well, so of course it is not Konami), there are other things changed the game. The slide example works really great, good timing and just take the ball in a great way off. Also whistled no more for every trifle off, very nice. I was at one point behind a striker, gave him back four taps so it was always difficult and not run away before I could get the ball simply could steal. Delicious and its speed in the game. I know a game whose name I do not call the new version which I also got to play the game and there was often agonizingly shut down for violations that are not worth mentioning.

There is more game in the game and that gives the game a more realistic feel. A schouderduw here and there helps and it slows the opponent clearly. Do not expect a wrestling game, it is just a tweak in the gameplay and not flashy new reason to buy the game.

Finally I would like to mention the keepers. These are, in my view, not much improved compared to the previous sections. They seem a little more balls to punch the ball clips but just as often very stupid back into the field. So no real improvement.

Preliminary conclusion

This time I found it harder than ever, precisely because I do not mind whether I should be happy or not. It's all a bit in between. I know I have a lot of frustrating moments and experience show that the game was not often will do whatever I want. But I also know that a beautiful goal, the one splitting pass or degrading sliding back but will give satisfaction. And I mean that real cheering, screaming and humiliating satisfaction. The satisfaction you feel when you measure on the couch next to you humbled to have a brutal and perfectly executed attack, concluded with a view slider. Well hope that your mate next to you the feeling that he could do nothing to that goal, and not the AI that he has made mistakes when you attack you were doing. There will be a lot of fun to hang from.

I do not feel that PES will win new souls, which most old hands. Before the game is simply not good enough, the version I played is that in each case. The potential is visible, the change is greater than ever, but I wonder if it will be enough.

As for the online part, I can not mention you, I'm in the menus a bit upsetting but I will flash and it should not make statements. This is all so wait and see, for many, the online portion will weigh heavily in the decision to PES or not to buy, wait for the online beta for that matter so.

I would like also Elite Gamer Inside Digital Grass and thank you for this beautiful day. It was fun with two big negroes in step and the game was well worth it. The guys from Inside Gamer were very hospitable, thumbs up for this. Small side note is that the guys at Inside Gamer us wanted to suggest to the ladies of Panorama and we are approximately six hours have to wait for a cup of comfort (just kidding boys, there were only three ), but you can not have it all.

Finally you can see that not all questions are answered in the preview itself, as you understand, is simply not possible. It is otherwise a list of facts which nobody has really something. I will have substantive discussions on the forum questions.

Guys, thank you !!!!!!!

Are the form arrows in PES based on a player stat?...

no they are like a morale stat that either make a players stats increase or decrease depending on ther colour of the arrow,i think it goes like -6% for purple,-3% for blue ,no change foe green +3% for orange and +6% for red.i think there was a full listing how they worked in the old ps2 pes strategy guides.

no they are like a morale stat that either make a players stats increase or decrease depending on ther colour of the arrow,i think it goes like -6% for purple,-3% for blue ,no change foe green +3% for orange and +6% for red.i think there was a full listing how they worked in the old ps2 pes strategy guides.

So they are not linked to the 1-8 fitness rating? I thought as you did but someone on another forum is saying they are linked to this stat and it says so in the official guide, I didn't know there was a PES2010 guide?...

In PES 2010 i couldn't sworn the tenacity also heavily effects players especially if they are on a purple. For example someone like Robben would play like a pub player who's stats were all set to 60 when he's on a purple, other players won't be as affected as much with a higher tenacity stat.

I dunno, it's only supposed to affect the drop in performance due to fatigue but it seems deeper than than in PES 2010!

"I would like also Elite Gamer Inside Digital Grass and thank you for this beautiful day. It was fun with two big negroes in step and the game was well worth it."

"Bugs and Jesus

Unfortunately, not everything about the game, despite it all so damn "new" felt. I once stated in an earlier preview of a next-gen PES that there were bugs in that tormented us all when Jesus Christ was nailed to the cross. To my great sorrow there are many bugs that were already worthwhile endeavor is still in the game. And that, my friends, makes me very sad."

Oh Google.

Google translator FTW! I read those type of articles for shits and giggles rather than trying to deduce any sort of factual information.
@nick the form arrows are impacted on by your condition stat. Players with the stat below 5/6 tend to have more blue and purple form arrows.

Even if google translator is bad you can still underline this sentence

On various forums you can read that one doubts whether there is 360 ° dribble in the game was stopped. Some indicated that this is not the case and had even talked of the famous 8-directions you only from your controller can do magic. After just a few minutes I was already behind this fortunately is not the case in the version I've played. I felt like I had all the freedom I need to get me to feel free in a footie game.

Google translator FTW! I read those type of articles for shits and giggles rather than trying to deduce any sort of factual information.
@nick the form arrows are impacted on by your condition stat. Players with the stat below 5/6 tend to have more blue and purple form arrows.

That's what I thought as well.

The site that article was placed was http://www.digitaalgras.nl/forum/index.php, which is my site :) Today the article will be placed on the frontpage overthere.

I will take a look in that translated article from goalgerd ( do you visit our site? Didn't know that :) ) and see if I can translate things better. The Jesus part was a very strange translation :SHOCK:

BTW the article is written by Cyrax77, who is a brilliant player ( not known here as far as I know ). Elite is a member of this forum.

Last edited:
The Jesuspart is best translated by this:
Unfortunatly, not everything is great about the game, despite it all felt so damm new. I once wrote in a previous preview from an older Next-gen PES that there were bugs that tormented us already in the time that Jesus was nailed at the cross.
To my sadness, those bugs are still in the game. And that, my friends, makes me very sad. ( the bugs are the keepers-ball that still cannot be directed and the automatic clearence of the ball by defenders )

The Jesuspart is best translated by this:

Thanks for the much better translation Han. Not game-breaking at all. Thank God it ain't worse. I also like the sound of it feeling like a totally new game :)

EDIT: This is my best part:

But I also know that a beautiful goal, the one splitting pass or degrading sliding back but will give satisfaction. And I mean that real cheering, screaming and humiliating satisfaction. The satisfaction you feel when you measure on the couch next to you humbled to have a brutal and perfectly executed attack, concluded with a view slider

Last edited:
I will translate the whole article in an hour or two, hoping that things will be clearer. I will not guarantee perfect English, but hopefully better to understand :)

Back
Top Bottom