PES 2011 Discussion thread

Don't think I'll be using anything from that list except the classic '54 ball and the players. Maybe the stadium parts. The rest is just a waste. I would rather they add classic clubs as unlockables.

yep, il have to unlock and rename every player before i start making an optionfile just in case they are missing players from say the bundesliga. i also think instead of adding pillowcases and barrels konami should have maybe added all the old balls from pes 1 to pes2010 just to add more variety to the ball selection

I dig Shingo, I just like his style for some reason.
I remember a couple years back reading an interview where this guy actually apologized to fans about not growing up an online gamer and therefore that was one of the reasons why PES was lagging behind FIFA as far as the online functionality of the game was concerned. This year i will get both games i just want to play PES the most. Here is hoping that MLO is a relative success. I just like rooting for these guys.

Edit that: There would be no reason to get both if PES would just retail first, i would get lost in MLO and regular Expo matches the PES2010 gameplay was just that good.

Last edited:
about MLO:

Do players get better? How do they want to achieve that?
Everyday all players get better / bader according to their diagramm set by the developers?

That would be the only way to make it possible since everybody can have every player....

Hmm I was hoping for some kind of mention of being able to create private leagues. :(

Everything else sounds great

Ok , but , now in each League (Division),on each team will have Messi or Ronaldo ?! I don't like this "PES Wars - Attack of the Clones " !

Can't you already make private leagues in PES 2010 or did you mean something else?

Well I meant private leagues in MLO. Like having an evo-web league where we can buy, loan and sell players between us.

Wouldn't want to end up playing someone having the same players as mine. But we ain't sure how this'll work yet.

Oh I see. Yeah I was expecting it to be like that too. Well we wont have too long to wait to see it fully.

Well I meant private leagues in MLO. Like having an evo-web league where we can buy, loan and sell players between us.

Wouldn't want to end up playing someone having the same players as mine. But we ain't sure how this'll work yet.

Exactly my thoughts...

Hopefully if enough people make noise about it they'll add private league's as DLC.

I hope we can request it during the beta.

Wow... I have to say, after seeing the video, that I'm even more excited about this game than before... Konami's marketing are working well this year, this Seabass interview was a great move.

I was initially sad to hear that people would be able to purchase the same players. I will agree that the option of a private league would be a good thing. It would be a good way for people to make sure that nobody had the same players.

Having said that, though, the fact that the player prices will be dictated by the market, which will force you to try and find promising young players, is an exciting premise.

Also, even though it will be a tad disappointing to run into a player with the same players as mine (even though that hardly happens, because I tend to pick mid-level players, and stay away from superstars), that was what happened back in the day when me and my friends would gather around, ML teams in their memory cards, and challenge each others in a tournament. So it ain't that different - many of us had Figo, Rui Costa, Shevchenko, Davids, etc. and it still was fun, I guess.

Well, great stuff, I guess. And the stadium editor looks great as well. Hopefully we can use it to design our own stadium for our ML team!

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

The problem I see with private leagues is they'll assume we all want to have our private games running along side the world wide games. Which in turn means that people can just cheat and lose to their friends to get money to bump themselves up the ranking.

In my head at least I would have liked to have seen this option.

We get our own private leagues within the main game. In there we can play friendly games with each other, set up tournaments and cups. But non of it is ranked or costs money to play. It's just a way of bringing groups of friends together to play friendly games for fun. That way no one can boost their way to lots of money by having their mates lose to them. Maybe throw in like a message board so we can all chat, banter, challenge each other, brag about players we've bought or share tips on someone being cheap and awesome. They could even have a leaderboard shpwing everyone who is in that league's ranking in the world. win loss records, most goals scored, most conceded, what divisions everyone is in and then order them from best to worst to drive people on to play inn the world wide leagues to get ahead of their mates in their own private leagues.

Sure it would be great to get your own private league with your own private player ratings and pricing but really it would be a huge headache for the PES guys to keep track of. Maybe they could use the real world ratings and pricing but then you end up running into the problem of friends boosting themselves to get the best everything.
-

I love the sound of the players prices going up the more people have them. I can see that being very addictive.. scouting the world for an unknown player who looks good... picking him and then seeing that others have spotted him too... and then when you're all scoring goals with him his stats will rise along with his price and then like the stock market you can sell him at his peak price and then go looking for another up and comer.

the real shitter now is ML offline is already a time consuming beast of a mode that sucks weeks of my life away. then we have this vastly improved BAL mode on top of that and now the freaking ML online ... there really are not enough hours in the day for this game!

Last edited:
One other thing - I may have missed this but did they make any mention of what happens if you play some games and lose them all. Do you end up with no money and have to start again or do you get money from ticket sales and merchandise like the offline game. So that amount always covers the cost of playing a quick friendly to get yourself back on the ladder.

Must say the stadium editor looks quite extensive. I thought it would be much simpler tbh.

Yeah this was, and still is to an extent a concern of mine, that the Stadium would be extremley limited, especially seeing as this is a brand new mode.. and we all no Konami's reputation with making brand new modes feeling very raw after the first year.

I can only echo what others have said about MLO. If there's an option for private (closed) leagues then it's a mode that I would be interested in. Evo-web leagues would be great if there is only one Messi, Ronaldo, Torres to bid for, and people transferring players between them. That would be great.

The prospect of the open MLO doesn't really appeal so much.

Back
Top Bottom