PES 2011 Discussion thread

I have bought Fifa for the last few years, but this video has me excited, even the pause menu sound brings back memories of yesteryears glory days!

What should we make of this, Konami have already finished PES 2011? I mean last year was a fiasco really with the 60% complete code at gamescom, poor, poor demo etc..

Shouldn't they been wait until the last day possible to make sure all the transitions are working properly so they can approve the shallow gamers who are only interested in how smooth the players turn?

Anyway i think what they clearly intend my releasing the game later is down to licenses! Also if they get any kit's wrong i wouldn't blame them, Konami and EA often get 'early' designs for shirts which get modified just before release.

A good example are the Portugal home kits and Spain away kits, The early designs sent to the companies had the portugal shirt with gold numbers which later got changed to white. The Spain away kit originally had red socks which were later changed to dark blue

Did anyone ask about OF's being shared between different regions ?

I am in the Caribbean but bought a UK one (PS3) last year and will again if they are non-transferable. I hope Goalgerd and Chimps are going to bring the goodness for 2011, if not may need to go EU.

Its a pain that Konami should just eliminate - grow the community, dont segment it.

How much more can they really work on animations now (guess we would need a dev with some insight)? Hopefully all of the AI tuning is as good as possible if they are touting the core gameplay and claiming that aspect is finished.

Also they could use the time to fix the nets :LMAO:

Also, not sure how production and marketing timing works - if there window is set for mid October, it may not be easy to just say "games ready, lets move it up a month" - really need some insider's insight.

But the game cant be ready if the online beta is now starting up - they obviously will refine the net-code based on the that.

I don't think the game is finished yet, but when the Demo launches it will have been for a week or 2 prior but again that could be a while away.

According to a south african online retailer the release date is the 22/10 and we are usually a week or so behind the EU regions. By this logic release date is around 18/10.

I reckon Konami will release about 2 weeks after Fifa11 (1/10) just to give that initial impression of ooh they knocked Fifa off top spot as that's what they aim for every year. Nevermind the fact that Fifa, no matter how mediocre, has always sold more than PES it creates an impression when you read "PES2011 knocks FIFA11 off UK charts" rather than "FIFA 11 knocks PES11 off it's perch", which would be the case if FIFA released after PES.

As I don't play either PES or FIFA online I didn't sign up, not fair on those that do, I hope we get plenty of guys on here on, I'm guessing it must be a fairly good build they will use and I'll be very interested in how they find the gameplay...

+1

I lost interest in Master League after PES5, and I don't play online a great deal, so I wouldn't want to take a spot away from someone with a huge interest in MLO.

Good luck to all those that entered. I hope we get a few Evo-webbers giving Konami (and us) plenty of feedback.

If the game is 100% code then hopefully a demo is not far away.

should be the Velez Sarsfield stadium in the game pes 2011, I tell them I write in l contest to play pes 2011 online may you win

il make it for you in stadium editor when the game comes out:BOP:

heres whats confirmed for the pes shop for pes 2011

Data Pack
(unable to obtain latest data pack) - I'm excited about this. Not idea what it could be, BUT could mean updates like squad updates and kit/boot updates that won't messes OF's.

Hairstyles
20 hairstyles, ranging from classic hairstyles like Baggio pony, to some silly ones like Roman/pumpkin helmets. 300 points each

Balls
5 Balls, but not really. Silly stuff, like pillows, barrels etc. Does have the old classic brown ball though. 300 points each

Stadium Parts
30 parts to use to customise, from fencing, roof and ceiling design. More visual touches than actual significant changes. 300 points each

Mode Expansion
4 BAL and 2 ML unlocks.
BAL ones are:
1) Start the game with exhibition mode line-ups
2) Players become immune to Fatugue
3) Improves your chances of being selected for the national team
4) Improves your chances of getting offers from clubs you want to play for
ML ones are:
1) Start the game with maximum funds
2) Improves your chances of signing the players you want

All 600 points each.

Wallpapers
3 wallpapers to use in the main menu. 100 points each

Teams
7 Classic teams = England, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Argentina, Brazil. 300 points each.

Players
40 Classic player packs. Each pack consists of 4 players, giving a total of 160 extra classic players to unlock. Each pack 40 points each.

source: wenb

Last edited:
I was hoping stadium parts wouldn't be in the PES shop. I guess I'm going to have to spend 9000 points unlocking them all so I can use other people's stadium designs?

You can probably use other peoples stadiums if you domnload them - It'll more than likely just be that if you want to create your own with those parts you have to unlock them first.

Glad to see there is no locked option for editing the ML structure. Hopefully we can just edit it from day 1 to omit all of those fake teams from division 2 and add teams we want.

Tbh the PES shop doesn't sound like anything to get wet about, it just sounds like they added the same sort of silly shit they did back on the PS2.

It wouldn't be as bad if there were options like buying 3rd choice kits or balls and boots etc; yano, things that actually give me a reason to care about the mode, but no, they turn it into another joke as soon as they bring it back.

Still thank god (i assume, if it's the same as before) you get PES points for every match you play rather than them stupid impossible challenges you had to do on FIFA.

Don't think I'll be using anything from that list except the classic '54 ball and the players. Maybe the stadium parts. The rest is just a waste. I would rather they add classic clubs as unlockables.

Back
Top Bottom