PES 2011 Discussion thread

That sounded good when he said that for PS3 and PC, you can import what the commentator says for the team names.

So now all we need is for some nutter to hunt down all the times Jon Champion has said all of the club team names in the game and make it available for download.

Would really be nice for the commentator to say "... and Silva's strike means it's Manchester City 3 Manchester Utd O" for instance

I'd be sweating my ass off too if I had to be confident about a new edition of a game after the last 4 abominations:P

True especially if I am talking about an online aspect of the game....in fact he might have to change his pants from what we have thus far as far as online is concerned.

Oh yes thanks for the vid mr smith

@JonMurphy_PES Thanks Jon. Any idea what stage MLO code is at?

@EvoWeb_Mod Similar stage to preview build, so keepers etc will still be improved on

@JonMurphy_PES about the lag issue on-line will it be improved? The community cups is it anyway possible to make it all arrows green

@bad_boy_g According to test data so far online is improved

So is MLO PES's response to FIFA's Ultimate Team?

At first I was intrigued by UT but in the end, utterly disappointed, partly because of lag, some because of the general community (cheats, quitters, exploit abusers etc), and also because of EA failing in major ways.

Will MLO be any better? Why? How?

Simply put, no. MLO is not PES's response to Fifa's UT. Seabass has been talking and dreaming about MLO for many years now, way before Fifa even considered the simulation route.

We'll know how good MLO is soon enough, since no one have played it yet...

Servers, code, the mode itself, etc. No one can answer yet. Hopefully beta will give us more insight and feedback to Konami to improve on it.

The fact that a lot of people here will be beta testing the online aspect of the game makes it more exciting, and it also means that KONAMI will have proper feedback to sort out issues if any arise, as we all know how demanding the people in this forum are. ;)

Unlike previous years, some of us here in the community are actually involved with preview testing(Mart for example) and its really refreshing and assuring when you hear positive news coming from the likes of evo-webbers, instead of the usual PES fansites. :)

Simply put, no. MLO is not PES's response to Fifa's UT. Seabass has been talking and dreaming about MLO for many years now, way before Fifa even considered the simulation route.

We'll know how good MLO is soon enough, since no one have played it yet...

I didn't mean to imply that I was wondering whether this is PES copying FIFA, and honestly I couldn't care less.

I guess when I first heard about MLO my first thought was of ML itself, but now that I've heard more about it, FIFA's UT comes to mind. Maybe my confusion comes from the L in MLO, but Seabass said you'll be playing competitions, which I inferred would be like UT's tournaments rather than traditional ML league seasons. Then his purchasing of players sounded eerily like UT's market.

These aren't criticisms per se, as much as I had been expecting something different. I'm still excited, just a little confused too.

I think everyones a little confused on how it will work in the actual game mate but next week should help in making it clear. :) I wonder what licenses will be announced at Gamescom?

The pens are shite on pes 2010, amount of times i have kept my saved shots down the centre for the dumb keepers to just let them go in. Why konami put a stupid camera angle is also a mystery. I hope then pens have been worked on for pes 2011.

. Some players in Europe have actually complained that the game's tempo is too fast. On the other hand, some players do seem to like faster speeds. The staff will be taking balance into account during the tuning process.

With the speed slider, that shouldn't really be an issue. Unless they somehow make 5 different variations of too fast.

Last edited:
:(

Shame especially as you say, it's universally unliked...

All we ask for is a change of camera position to behind the kicker, surely that wouldn't affect the actual gameplay of the penalty? I don't understand why Konami are keeping the side-on view. Although it didn't annoy me too much in PES2010 because I've only had one penalty so far.

All we ask for is a change of camera position to behind the kicker, surely that wouldn't affect the actual gameplay of the penalty? I don't understand why Konami are keeping the side-on view. Although it didn't annoy me too much in PES2010 because I've only had one penalty so far.

Same here. Just one pen and it wasn't in ML too... Had to change the cam to vertical view though.

I think the penalty camera view is their attempt to recreate the broadcast style of view.

I'd love to see them add more to pens though to make them more tense and more broadcast like.

Have a picture in picture style. in the top left a small window showing the typical player facing the goal penalty kick view we've always had. you use that for aiming and diving just like always.

Then on the main part of the screen they can show close ups of fans crossing their fingers, the referee ordering men out of the box, a close up of the keeper jumping around and then the penalty taker standing waiting.

When will the list of all the stadiums in pes2011?
Maybe Gamescom.
I think the penalty camera view is their attempt to recreate the broadcast style of view.

I'd love to see them add more to pens though to make them more tense and more broadcast like.

Have a picture in picture style. in the top left a small window showing the typical player facing the goal penalty kick view we've always had. you use that for aiming and diving just like always.

Then on the main part of the screen they can show close ups of fans crossing their fingers, the referee ordering men out of the box, a close up of the keeper jumping around and then the penalty taker standing waiting.

Nice idea. Though with its current state, how hard is it to show us the vertical view to decide where we're going to place the ball then as soon as the player starts his run auto-switch back to side view.

Back
Top Bottom