PES 2011 Discussion thread

If they did improve celebrations and that kind of the game I'd hope they added lots of multiple variations rather than the exact same motions no matter which team or which players you have.

Nothing annoys me more than for example with World Cup 2010, seeing the opening video and the scene where players lift the world cup in triumph and it re-skins the players with different kits/faces as the exact same animation plays.

I have no idea which moron thinks it's a great idea to purposefully show off how its the exact same animation no matter who you win as but it really kills any desire I may have had to re win the same thing with a different team.

Madden off the field stuff is fantastic, but I wouldn't really want Konami to focus that much on it. They seem to be making big changes this year so I think they will stick to the basics.

995949_20100805_790screen001.jpg

New image of the front end. I don't think it's been posted before.

I'm a bit late to the party, but I have to say that I miss the older PES/ISS Pro Evolution celebrations. The simple fact of seeing the players thanking the crowd - some of them clearly dressed as if they had been in the bench, not playing - and then running around the field, with an epic song in the background, and the camera filming each player one by one, with their name in a text caption...

Who cares if it took a couple of minutes, it was a well-deserved moment.

I find the shorter celebrations today a bit of a turn off. You see them jumping, then you see them posing for a picture, with the trophy, and then they celebrate... That's it.

I'll have to go search for a video of those celebrations. They were ace. Probably even in ISS Pro 98!

By the way, it appears we'll be having some news @pesfan, 4PM.

Cheers,
Paulo Tavares

mrbamber twitter:
Some exciting PES news hitting PESFan.com at 4pm, don't miss it or you might miss out.

Madden off the field stuff is fantastic, but I wouldn't really want Konami to focus that much on it. They seem to be making big changes this year so I think they will stick to the basics.

Agreed, the on field game is what matters, and where the focus needs to be.

Without straying too far off topic, Madden does the off field things well, and does the on field things terribly. For all the fancy presentations, many of which are rip-offs from NFL2K5, EA does a horrible job of replicating the game of American football between the lines. It's something 2K nailed six years ago.

I think it's important to keep sending out the right message and not let Konami fall into the trap of misjudging what it is we want. The core game is 99% of what matters.

:RANT: Come on Konami... only for consoles ?? WTF.. do you remember last year , what a fail was for PC online ? Can't play Intel vs AMD ?? WTF... we want beta too ... :TTTH:

Hello.
I just want to know a few things, we are in 2010 now and it´s SICK thats not more will be changing for the atmospehere !

the NETS the GOAL STRUCTURE, the CELEBRATIONS ! maybe some diffrent entrence scene ! Please Konami, take a look at a real match, and you will see how soccer looks. very good that you have national anthems before a national game. some of you thinks, thats not important, the most important is the gameplay, of course the gameplay are very important, but it´s also very important to make atmopshere much more lifelikely. Look at games like Madden Nfl,personally i dont like that sports, I hate it acctully, but when i played it i hated som much that it really was like watching tv, the atmopshere, celebraition, commenatary, crowd, sound, graphic, everything was like tv. If fifa will make those parts i talking about now perfect, i will say goodbye to Pes ! I want to play soccer games, and I also want to feel it.

Back
Top Bottom