PES 2011 Discussion thread

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/dribbling-defending-in-pes-2011/

To be fair to PES 2010, if you know what you're doing this is also possible. Numerous times I've done this, today I defeated a Barcelona guy 1-0 with St. Etienne; I managed to control the game and limit him to a few breakaways, crowding out the likes of Messi and Ibra by doubling up/tripling up (as a result of multiple men marking them, even the forward players being set to track back and mark), shepherding them wide and denying them space. Make sure you play on a smooth connection though with at least a yellow, you're chances of success go up by 50%.

Don't get me wrong I hold my own against these kids but it just irritates. As for the yellow connection thing I am at the southern most tip of Africa, my connections are always red but I have lag free games of PES2010, now and then I have problems with a few in Turkey, Italy and France but in general it is decent obviously not at peak hours of the day. Hell I even had a flawless game with someone in Uzbekistan.

Also I guess there is no way of getting around playing people like this as the world is populated more by people wanting to win than people wanting to enjoy a game....if that makes any sense.

Compared to the last 3-4 years they seem to be much more on top of things, like i said, from the videos we have seen they game only needs a polish and pretty much fixing transition points.

Yes, we could have a earlier release, then again i can wait until mid october anyway :)

Transitional animations need to be fixed and Goalkeepers and referees need to be fine tuned. Hopefully this will be done for Gamescom.

Transitional animations need to be fixed and Goalkeepers and referees need to be fine tuned. Hopefully this will be done for Gamescom.

Unless you've played it, you can't really know what needs to be tuned. You can only guess. Regardless, there's always some polishing to do until final release.

I just hope that this year the CPU will play decent football and that their actual overal fits the teams playing style and strategie...fucking hate when the lowest team in my ML dominate possesion and play barca one touch football on me like its an easyest thing to do...

Unless you've played it, you can't really know what needs to be tuned. You can only guess. Regardless, there's always some polishing to do until final release.

There's something called educated guessing based off a little thing called comprehension. By reading several previews from sites such as PESFan and WENB its clear that both goalkeepers and referees need to be fine tuned before release and watching the video shows that transitional animations still need to be fixed, as Jon Murphy recently tweeted that more are being added as we speak. After all the game is not going to be completely perfect now is it?

There's something called educated guessing based off a little thing called comprehension. By reading several previews from sites such as PESFan and WENB its clear that both goalkeepers and referees need to be fine tuned before release and watching the video shows that transitional animations still need to be fixed, as Jon Murphy recently tweeted that more are being added as we speak. After all the game is not going to be completely perfect now is it?

How dare you?!

Yeap , the transitional of animations look very bad ... this is huge problem since PES 2008 !But that problem is not only in PES ! There so much NG Sports game have it ! Look NBA 2k10 , or Madden 2010 and now 2011 is same " transitional" glitches .
In first Messi Teaser all was just perfect (Not in the game ? CG Oo ) , but in last gameplay videos is just... bad , like always !

Last edited:
No, i want only check this info, because i find it on another forum and people there where sure about this.
But i'm very happy that it's a joke.

Like if any game was ever perfect.
I just think you're "stating the obvious" a bit too much and you don't know what else might need to be ironed out. I'm sure if the code was in our hands for the same amount of time as Adam has it, we would have been moaning about stuff we probably shouldn't due to "in-development" bugs that you usually don't report about. (While some would say it was good enough for release already, like I read one of the previewers saying).

Yeap , the transitional of animations look very bad ... this is huge problem since PES 2008 !But that problem is not only in PES ! There so much NG Sports game have it ! Look NBA 2k10 , or Madden 2010 and now 2011 is same " transitional" glitches .
In first Messi Teaser all was just perfect (Not in the game ? CG Oo ) , but in last gameplay videos is just... bad , like always !

Bad? How can they look bad? They look like they never did in this generation. You may find one or two still a bit jerky but that's about it (judging from the videos).

And I believe Messi teaser, although in-game, was smoothened out for the "teasing" sake of it. That complete motion so fluid would lead to terrible control lag (I guess).

Dear lord what is going on with that site? Are you not allowed to post unless you promise to behave like a 12 year old?

edit: present company posting over there excluded, of course.

Nobody sounds excited enough about stadium editor.

If it's half decent surely the team realise that they don't need to have 50 stadiums pre-made.

i am, but i wonder if it will be difficult to operate.
really can't imagine how it'll be.

Dear lord what is going on with that site? Are you not allowed to post unless you promise to behave like a 12 year old?

edit: present company posting over there excluded, of course.

:P

The problem is a hell of a lot of them are 12, they make fifteen threads asking what rating this player will be or that player should be and it's the same questions over and over and over, even when you answer them, bang next day there is another 10 people asking the same thing...

I'd go nuts modding that, it's like trying to watch for a weer in a ball pit...

i am, but i wonder if it will be difficult to operate.
really can't imagine how it'll be.

id say it will be similiar to the boot edit mode on pes5/6,all parts will have numbers and if you say put all part number 4s together you will make a prem league style stadium,same thing happened in boot edit mode if you put all number 3s together you got nike boots.each of the 6stadium stand parts will have 6 corresponding terrace parts,that would be the logical way to do it

:P

The problem is a hell of a lot of them are 12, they make fifteen threads asking what rating this player will be or that player should be and it's the same questions over and over and over, even when you answer them, bang next day there is another 10 people asking the same thing...

I'd go nuts modding that, it's like trying to watch for a weer in a ball pit...

And I can't believe I actually clicked on the link to read all that crap
facepalmdz6.jpg

id say it will be similiar to the boot edit mode on pes5/6,all parts will have numbers and if you say put all part number 4s together you will make a prem league style stadium,same thing happened in boot edit mode if you put all number 3s together you got nike boots.each of the 6stadium stand parts will have 6 corresponding terrace parts,that would be the logical way to do it
It will be interesting to see how much detail you can put in there...

If they get the stadium editor right, it will be tremendous, but I suppose many are preparing for a disappointment. This is a new feature and I suppose it could go either way. Better to be pleasantly surprised than have your hopes let down.
It doesn't help that Konamis first promo shot focused on just how ugly you can make your stadium. It is yet to be seen if we can realize our dream stadiums, but at least it's been confirmed we can make some nightmare stadiums.

We'll reach a point where PES will become open source, we'll be editing everything and making our own game.

Back
Top Bottom