PES 2011 Discussion thread

Not sure if this fake league is that Division 2 league made up of fake teams? If it is then I remember someone saying we can edit it in 2011. I hope its the same league.

Can someone ask Adam if we'll still have to play training matches week in week out if we're not selected for the first team? I was hoping Konami changed that so we'd play opposition team reserves instead.

Not sure if this fake league is that Division 2 league made up of fake teams? If it is then I remember someone saying we can edit it in 2011. I hope its the same league.

Can someone ask Adam if we'll still have to play training matches week in week out if we're not selected for the first team? I was hoping Konami changed that so we'd play opposition team reserves instead.

yeah i think it is,so the teams we can edit in it will be either for master league division 2 or BAL division 2,and we will still have the free 1st division league to edit also(league b)

It isn't on the BAL write up? Almost sure I saw mention to this?

EDIT: Yeah no mention to it. Going to ask then.

Last edited:

thanks man,could you also ask is that stupid substitution bug still in the BAL mode where every game you get subbed after 65mins no matter if youre the teams best player or your team needs a goal,i would have won the world cup for ireland in pes 2010 only for that bug subbed me in the semi final when we were level with spain:RANT:

Last edited:
I dont quite understand the fascination with stadiums and their quantity in PES...

Surely whats critical is the game being fun and fluid to play.

If it's got a handful of different stadia, that'll do me.

If the game stinks to play, it could have 100 grounds but no one would play it.

Amen.

thanks man,could you also ask is that stupid substitution bug still in the BAL mode where every game you get subbed after 65mins no matter if youre the teams best player or your team needs a goal,i would have won the world cup for ireland in pes 2010 only for that bug subbed me in the semi final when we were level with spain:RANT:

Really? I can't remember that happening to me though. I've played the full 90 many a time. Wait I think it's Blue Samurai.. Not sure how PES 2010 was.

Please do mate.

Here

I got a game straight away with a team that said 10% playing time. My point was, getting dropped and playing starts to happen a few games in. Not something straight away. Hence, I'll do it when I get a chance.
----
I hardly got subbed, 2 games. Sure I mentioned that in the write up.

Thanks Anderson.

In 2010 you'd never get to first team in the first few weeks, where in 2011 it seems like you're in the starting line-up from the get go. Still want to know what happens when you're dropped to reserves.

Nobody sounds excited enough about stadium editor.

If it's half decent surely the team realise that they don't need to have 50 stadiums pre-made.

Thanks Anderson.

In 2010 you'd never get to first team in the first few weeks, where in 2011 it seems like you're in the starting line-up from the get go. Still want to know what happens when you're dropped to reserves.

It sounds like it could be like in PES 2010 on PS2, in that one you only play in the first team and if you're not in the squad you have to just go to the next match. I hope it's not like this, because it is way too easy to become a regular in the team early on. You should have to fight for it, otherwise the whole mode is just shallow and arcady.

True. I want it to stay the way it is only let us reserves play the other team's reserves instead of training match after training match. I'd want to training matches to stay though, but to be an extra match during mid week for fitness etc.

Thanks Anderson.

Are you saying that going from the write-up that was posted? Because he said the team was offering gim 43% play-time or something. So I think it's fairly realistic :)

it would be great if you signed for a good team with a 10% chance of playing and you could be loaned out to a 2nd division team to gain experience and playing time

It would, but I doubt we'd have anything like that.

From that write-up, also noticed that the player was signed on a 2 year contract. That's new because it was always a one year contract in 2010 and back. Not sure how'd that work though. Surely more years on contract with a 10% chance of playing should give us an option to be loaned out. Not sure if Konami think that way.

Reading WENB's short article about defending I wonder how many will give up on PES this year after the initial half hour. I am already shaking my head in disbelief :D Something like "They have broken PES I'm taking it back" should be a common read this year.

About BAL, I think it is just a bit too hard right now, but this could also be mostly due to response times which become so painfully obvious in this mode. You have a crap player and a crap team around you and when you pass the ball in midfield, someone from 20 yards away can dispossess you before the ball leaves your foot. Also it's a pain to have to work your way into a team again when you move between clubs. The boss bought the player, he should want to use him. But maybe I'm just not far enough into BAL to get straight into a first team after a transfer.

Last edited:
Isslander, if you go to a new team, you always end up playing for the reserves i think.
I had this player for Catania who went to the WC with Australia and turned out to be the big star in the WC: scored a hattrick against Brazil, was top scorer and went to the semi's with Australia (where they lost, but he scored twice in a 3-2 defeat).
He was bouht by Sevilla and it took him weeks before he was in the first team. Imagine Thomas Muller beings transferred to Barcelona and not even being on the bench the first months of the season..that is not very realistic.

Imagine Thomas Muller beings transferred to Barcelona and not even being on the bench the first months of the season..that is not very realistic.

Which makes me think we need a popularity stat. It shouldn't directly mean someone S ranked is always guaranteed 1st team spot, but should play a very big part, along with his fitness level and that.

Reading WENB's short article about defending I wonder how many will give up on PES this year after the initial half hour. I am already shaking my head in disbelief :D Something like "They have broken PES I'm taking it back" should be a common read this year.

This
I don't know what the madrid, inter, barca tossers are going to do in the 1st few weeks while normal people are getting to grips with the defending. Hopefully the speed freaks will be less prone to the boring 1 dimensional crap that one is subjected to 90%of the time online

Last edited:
This
I don't know what the madrid, inter, barca tossers are going to do in the 1st few weeks while normal people are getting to grips with the defending. Hopefully the speed freaks will be less prone to the boring 1 dimensional crap that one is subjected to 90%of the time online

This is good news then. Casual "exploiters" will be much less.

But only if this year online is going be technically flawless. Defending sounds like an art again and most likely will require delicate timings ... imagine what any kind of lag (either general lag or button lag) is going to do to defending

The WENB post about BAL sounds promising. At least the game mode needs a bit of a shake up. Like Gerd said it's ridiculous that you always have to play training matches for a new team, even when you have become a superstar. Also, I'm not quite sure about the option to skip a game (rest) when you want, seems a bit odd that a player could just sit out a game when he doesn't feel like it. I do appreciate the option though, it's pretty helpful. So I wouldn't really mind if they left it in.

Of course, if PES 2011 is as good as previews suggest, I can't see myself playing much of BAL anyway.

I sat the controller down, and started to think about it all. How would you, if you were a manager of an average team, play against the likes of Barcelona? Containment. Look back at Inter Milan’s performance at the Camp Nou in this year’s semi-final, and you get what I mean. It’s not a case of tackling the player, but more limiting their influence and ability to get past you.

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/dribbling-defending-in-pes-2011/

To be fair to PES 2010, if you know what you're doing this is also possible. Numerous times I've done this, today I defeated a Barcelona guy 1-0 with St. Etienne; I managed to control the game and limit him to a few breakaways, crowding out the likes of Messi and Ibra by doubling up/tripling up (as a result of multiple men marking them, even the forward players being set to track back and mark), shepherding them wide and denying them space. Make sure you play on a smooth connection though with at least a yellow, you're chances of success go up by 50%.

With a combination of loose and tight man marking, and effective use of the "defense"/"balanced" player indexes for each player, in a tactical sense with the current pressing/tackling/ player movement system it's entirely possible to contain and control in 2010, more so than previous versions, yes, even PES 5. They basically were putting the building blocks on what is eventually going to be developed in 2011.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom