PES 2011 Discussion thread

On stadium editor Adam has said:

I've made 26 (just generic to test space) and still no issue about slots. I presume it's limited to your hard drive space.

And Konami are big on sharing, as there's an import feature too. So someone could make an epic stamford bridge, and then put it online to download. And I could import it - zero to do with OF's, just a separate single file.

It's very good news! 26 stadia + unlimited to create another! Stadiums creator on console will be HUGE community like PC I quess.....:BOP:

Seriously. Wtf goes on in the PES production meeting rooms.
Seabass: "come on guys. What can we do to bring honour back to PES"
Konami programmer1: "Seabass san let's bring back dog heads"
Seabass: "No, that won't bring the hardcore fans back!"
Jon Murphy: " yeah we have limited development time so let's not look at things like nets! Why not pillows in place of footballs..
KP2: "I know let's put shark heads in"
Seabass: "yes that is perfect and pillows as footballs"
A few days later.....
KP3: "Seabass the shark heads are disrupting the frame rate in a few of the stadia"
Seabass: " you fool! Remove the stadia, the fans need their shark heads"

They did the consumer survey, they have Jon murphy in the loop, they have said that they have lost their way and want to bring the fans back then they pull shit like making keepers do rainbow flicks, remove teams, stadia, edit features and a plethora of other good aspects. The logic defies me.
Oh well, I'll obviously buy it and play it to death but jeez!

:LOL:

looks good but bad at the same time. The penalty still have the same camera. Some animation looks great and robotic sometimes. Can't wait for the demos

How can you agree with saying that "Konami needs to mo-cap people from different countries/regions to give us a variety of both movement and technique" and then think I'm wrong for saying they shouldn't use just Japanese people? That was my point.

Besides, I didn't say their animations are wrong BECAUSE they use Japanese people. I think their animations are bad for a number of reasons, their taste in animations is just off, and I have at least four years of the game to back this up.

I also think that ONE of the reasons might just be their limited choice in mo-cap. Read again. I think pretty much everybody so far agreed with this.

The way you said it was completely wrong. Read your post again and find out why people reacted the way they did to your post.

Drop it and move on.

On the stadium news, that's very good. Hope it doesn't get to the point that's says its full.

Last edited:
Lami you are on point mate,Drogba does not run like eto'o and lampard does not run like Gerrard,i am not pissing on a hornets nest just adding my bit, i am 6'1 and of mixed race, so do i run a bit like a white dude and a bit like a black dude?:P No every individual has their own unique way of moving, i know Ryan Giggs father and i can say when his dad played Rugby you could see simularities but then that's in the genes i guess..

We will have stadium editor...So we can create stadiums...

The bad news for licenses are Liverpool and Anfield..We can add Liverpool kits with GDB and we have Anfield from PES 2010...So we will add the stadium with Stelios tool, if he create the tool for PES 2011...

For the game...They changed running animations and the animations look great..The running animations are different from Athens presentation...

If they improve the goalkeepers and defenders the game will be very good...

I dont know if goalkeepers will be good in demo...The last 2 years KONAMI improved goalkeepers after demo and in the final version of the game.

Does anyone know if you can change stadiums at all during a ML game? So you start with a terrible small capacity stadium and then as you're team improve have the option to change your surroundings?

Surely they've had the foresight to add a 'improve stadium' option with this new feature into ML so you can spend huge amounts of money on a new stadium with more capacity to bring in more ticket money per game and all that?

Konami already informed people testing the game that the keepers weren't coded fully when they tested, as the defensive system wasn't coded for E3.

The defensive system was added, and keepers were then coded for the July preview code. That's been covered, so I wouldn't be concerned about it.

BY all accounts, all the game is lacking now is a bit of polish. Murphy also said they were working on transitions at the start of this month.

BY all accounts, all the game is lacking now is a bit of polish. Murphy also said they were working on transitions at the start of this month.

This is the last leg it seems! and this is the million dollar question. How polished will PES 2011 be? These idiots who keep saying "it was the same last year". All this crap, when it wasn't.

The technology is there, the Preview code seems to be 'there' just certain animations aren't fully finished.

You would think Konami were on purpose waiting till the last month or so to decide what ones were needed and also make sure none of them restricted them freedom then simply work them in. Just didn't make any sense how in some of the videos some animations looked as if purposely unfinished like the trapping of the ball!

If this game is smoothed down, i ask everyone, what will it's faults be? Will this be the monster of a game i believed it would be from the first announcement back in may?

On stadium editor Adam has said:

I've made 26 (just generic to test space) and still no issue about slots. I presume it's limited to your hard drive space.

And Konami are big on sharing, as there's an import feature too. So someone could make an epic stamford bridge, and then put it online to download. And I could import it - zero to do with OF's, just a separate single file.

Well that's great news then. If he's made 26 and can keep on going then the potential of the stadium editor is epic. I just want to know how good the editor actually is. Can I create and realistic looking Anfield with it?

It's also good that stadia can be shared as a separate file and are not linked to the option file. That way everyone can pick and chose what they want rather than the option file deciding for you.

I dont quite understand the fascination with stadiums and their quantity in PES...

Surely whats critical is the game being fun and fluid to play.

If it's got a handful of different stadia, that'll do me.

If the game stinks to play, it could have 100 grounds but no one would play it.

Does anyone know if you can change stadiums at all during a ML game?

In 2010, the only way is to exit ML and change your team's stadium in edit mode.

About adding capacity and that, don't think they added that to ML this time.

I dont quite understand the fascination with stadiums and their quantity in PES...

Surely whats critical is the game being fun and fluid to play.

If it's got a handful of different stadia, that'll do me.

If the game stinks to play, it could have 100 grounds but no one would play it.
Exactly, and when you're playing you only see the adboards and possibly a running track or front row of the stands. You only actually see the stadium on the intros, celebrations, replays and other things that everyone skips 99% of the time.

Does anyone know if you can change stadiums at all during a ML game? So you start with a terrible small capacity stadium and then as you're team improve have the option to change your surroundings?

Surely they've had the foresight to add a 'improve stadium' option with this new feature into ML so you can spend huge amounts of money on a new stadium with more capacity to bring in more ticket money per game and all that?

Would be a nice touch...

My list of Pes 2011 before Gamescom.

- passing system looks like manual

- 1000 animations mo - capture

- nice menu

- better taktics system

- master league online

- new commentary

- better edit mode with stadium editor.Mp3 audio etc

- Copa Libertadores 40 licenses teams

- improved ball psyhics

- new Tv camera

- better graphics

- 360 degree passing

- 360 degree movements

- better atmospher on stadiums

- better referees

- better community mode

- new model of players

- improved Be Come a Legend

- freedom in passing

- good responsive time

- Champions League, Europe League and Super Cup Mode

- slower gameplay

- one and one system

- better psyhics of players

Not bad, not bad...............:SMUG:

On the subject of stadiums, why is it no game can ever get right the crowd capacity.

I hate it how every match on PES is full in crowd capacity!, the fact most the fans are zombies don't help either!

I'd say the completely dire! FIFA 2004 had the best system. Which is the same as the FIFA system now but it works! Back in the PS2 era crowds varied depending on how well the team was doing in manager mode, but the issue was that even if you were top of the league and you played in a huge match vs another top side, the stadiums would still be half full :(

What ever happened to the ability to select how full the crowds would be!
Also seing

On the subject of stadiums, why is it no game can ever get right the crowd capacity.

I hate it how every match on PES is full in crowd capacity!, the fact most the fans are zombies don't help either!

I'd say the completely dire! FIFA 2004 had the best system. Which is the same as the FIFA system now but it works! Back in the PS2 era crowds varied depending on how well the team was doing in manager mode, but the issue was that even if you were top of the league and you played in a huge match vs another top side, the stadiums would still be half full :(

What ever happened to the ability to select how full the crowds would be!
Also seing

io asked Murphy the same think
no answer so far

In 2010, the only way is to exit ML and change your team's stadium in edit mode.

About adding capacity and that, don't think they added that to ML this time.

I didn't know that would work. I thought it would have worked like the player edit data does so you can't edit a rubbish player to max stats and it also changes in you ML.

If it;s the same that's not too bad. I can just create a base rubbish stadium - then make a few copies where it's improved bit by bit and then just change the arena myself as I play.

Would have been nice for them to implement it right into ML mode though so as you purchase upgrades for your stadium you see the changes happen and it costs money etc..

thanks to Posted by Kitana Media on August 8th, 2010

BAL In PES 2011
PES2011_BAL_manager001-500x281.jpg

It’s not a game mode I myself have focused on in the past, and not one I’ve enjoyed playing in recent times. PES 2010’s crippling response times, and punishing animations for the less skilled players made such a mode a chore playing at the start. I never had the patience with it, and therefore missed out on a mode many spend most of their time in PES.

After the jump I delve into the first part of my career, and let you know just why many could find this to be a hidden gem in the game modes this year.

Staring off, creating your player and starting your career is the same as last year. Which at first is bad, mainly because the face import feature is still primitive. Using a picture of myself, importing it to use showed the same editing limits as last years option – a small section of the face to import, and no option to add facial hair. Sort it out Konami! Once I’d fought that process, and dress my virtual me as the football gods intended, I was ready to delve into my actual career.

First up, it’s about choosing you position, and fans will be happy to know every position is available to you, apart from keeper. The choices are:

CF – Prolific Goal scorer
SS – A withdrawn forward who plays off the Centre Forward
WF – Creates chance out wide by beating opposition side backs
AMF – Conducts the attack from an advanced position
SMF – Players looking to attack from out wide
CMF – An all round midfielder who provides both defensive and attacking prowess
WB – A variation of the side back with a more offensive role
DMF – Sits deep in midfield, protecting the back line
SB – Defends the wide areas, whiles also providing width in attack
CB – Centrally positioned defenders, who guards the 18 yards box
SW – The teams last line of defense

I decided to go as a SS, as I’m usually wanting to play centre mid and be involved with all play. This time though, I thought I’d try and grab some goals, and have more of a chance of influencing things further up the pitch.

The next screen ask you to choose what type of player you want to become. Choices are:

All rounder
Create a well balanced all round player

The Finisher
Create a clinical finisher

Creative midfielder
Create a good passer

Dribbling
Create a skilful dribbler

Shooting star
Create a pacey speedster

Heavy tank
Create a strong powerful player

Human dynamo
Create a tenacious battler

Wanting to make the most out of the dribbling in the game, I chose dribbler.

The final choice you make regarding your player is using 14 slots to fill up a bar that builds up areas in your skill-set, allowing you to determine what you want to prioritise on. These are called focus points. The choices are:

Shot
Pass
Defense
Dribbling
Power
Speed
Stamina

Each one has 5 slots, but I spread them out evenly at first, and used the rest on dribbling and power. The game then calculates this and accumulates stats for your BAL player. I came out as an overall 60 rated player, with my highest stats being dribbling accuracy and speed, both being 81 and 80 respectively.

Now the big change from last year straight away is the fact there’s no training match, you go straight into contract discussions with clubs. You have 6 choices, all with their pros and cons. As you would expect, all the teams are mid level, with stand out names being Cagliari from Serie A, and Wigan Athletic from the EPL. In the end though I signed for a team in the fake PES League, mainly because of the percentage of playing time being higher.

When you go through each contract, the yearly wage is the same (mine was 37, 037 euros for a 2 year contract), but the intricacies differ immensely. So as I mentioned, you get a percentage score of how much playing time you will get. 5 of the teams stated 10%, while the fake team (called Blookrows) said 43%. You also get a list of their playing style (most say quick counter attack) and also what competition they are in, i.e. Champions League or Europa Cup. Once I signed that contract it was time to start playing!

When you see the main BAL menu screen, it’s reminiscent of the new ML screen, with an ever changing main screen depending on whats going on in the week, plus a scrolling bar at the bottom to go through choices. I checked the schedule, and realised we had 2 friendly games before the season started. Without delving too far into it, I went straight into the game option.

As you’ve seen from the BAL screens showing the whiteboard and manager, that’s the first thing you see once you start the game, as the manager talks to you very quickly about what he wants you to do. Seeing the formation screen, I was being played as a right winger, and told to get the ball to our star man on the left wing. Once this cut scene ends you’re thrown straight into the game.

Now before I go on, I want to say I changed the game camera to wide cam, as I’m not a fan of the BAL cam. For those who do play in that cam though, there is a new feature. By holding L2, you can move the camera wherever you want to, giving you some of the peripheral vision most of the single player modes lack.

There’s also a new addition that I welcome for the game mode, and that’s telling your players to press the opposition. Like in the normal mode, pressing square allows you to bring in a second player to press. Pressing square in BAL makes the player closest to ball press the opposition, which allays any frustrations when you don’t have the ball.

Onto the game then, and from the get the new engine makes this mode ever so playable. The responsiveness, together with the new freedom of passing makes even playing as an low skilled youngster very enjoyable, with any frustration of the previous game gone within moments of playing as you BAL player. The coach instructions also adds a layer to the game that’s been severely lacking thus far, giving you a clear way of playing as soon as you receive possession. And it’s not easy, I can tell you. Receiving the ball on the opposite wing to my target, you have the choice of playing short pass to keep the ball, or try that hollywood ball in the hope of it find your target. Due to my dribbling skills, keeping the ball was much easier than before, so working infield to fire off a pass was my main battle plan, and worked a treat.

Throughout the game, depending on the outcome and if a goal is scored from either side, the coach will continually change tactics and instructions, which again keeps things fresh and your position and role ever changing. Adapting to any role given will be key to your success.

There’s been many questions about the AI, and for me it’s never been an issue in my short time with the game (around 10 games into the season). With my team not being very good, their ability to pass you the ball when requested, and even create chances and stop the opposition seems to be adequate for a team of that level. Being able to be a key member in the team is hugely satisfying, finding yourself being the core of what’s good gives you a feeling of satisfaction. Coupled with that, it’s also noticed.

After each match you’re given a score, and the manager will tell you how well you’ve done. If you’ve nailed it, he’ll say something like “did not much wrong, well done”. There will also be a side note, again talking about aspects of your performance. Naturally, being fresh faced to BAL, the desire to run around and get stuck in to help win the ball took over commonsense for me. After a busy performance the manager said “did great work defensively, did well to help out the team”. A nice touch, but perhaps not something you would want to see if you’re an aspiring second striker!

After 4 games, my hard work paid off. 4 straight 7.5 ratings, and only one match where I was subbed, I had a real punch fist in air moment. Before the match the manager went through his pre-match talk, only for me then to realise I was the main man! So, rather than being told to pick out someone, the entire team was told to pick me out at every opportunity! My only instruction was then to make sure I was always in space to receive the ball.

As the match kicked off, I knew it was going to be my most enjoyable, as players instantly were trying to get the ball to me – with me never having to call for the ball once! Despite being very early in my career, this made me feel like a superstar in a small club, and gave you the feeling of an important player in the team for the first time. Sure enough, with all the opportunities being carved up for me, I scored my first goal as a pro, and leaped out of my seat as it hit the net. A true sense of achievement!

After the game, which I did end up getting subbed off, the manager said “great goal, you did well!”. Well chuffed! Since that game, I’ve been center of attention since, and so far am building up my player through these focus points after each week. This seems to be the only weakness in the mode, as I’d like to see my stats being built up naturally, rather than me having to keep allotting them. It doesn’t seem to be effecting my stats yet too, as I still haven’t budged from being overall 60. Here’s hoping this comes into effect in January, or after the season ends.

And that’s where this BAL feature ends. A short but very pleasant venture into the mode, and one I will look forward to getting stuck into in the coming weeks. Anymore questions, head over to the Q&A thread in the forums.

Become a Legend sounds really promising, to be honest.With actual manager of the team that bring the mode on whole new level.

They should bring back the old crowd settings in PES5 (0-3 star attendance level for both home and away crowd).

Yes, this is badly needed but i have to say for Master League there needs to be a good solid system in place rather than the half full stadiums in every match that was PES2-6

How hard is it? Just annoys me that I'm playing Dinamo Bucharesti vs Sporting Lisbon, at Ville Marie stadium and it's full at 100,000!:RANT::RANT::RANT:

I give credit to FIFA, if you play at the Azteca or another big stadium with small teams, a very minor crowd will turn up for the game, compared to if a big side shows up!

I wonder if the fake Pes league is there so you can edit the league structure and replace it with the bundesliga in full.

Back
Top Bottom