PES 2011 Discussion thread

I find it interesting how certain people are going to get "lost" by PES that its finally making changes. End of the D-Pad and 360 passing/shooting seem to be things that "hardcore" PES fans don't want.

Surely you'd want the game to progress with new tech and improvements which are essential.

I agree it's too early to write it off. At the same time aren't people being amazingly quick to herald PES's return to the top, as if we've not heard this line 3 times before?

Should be interesting to hear the reply to this from EA.

I think it's because the concensus seems to be that PES 2010 is a good basis for building a game. Where as PES 2008 and 2009 simply were not.

Either way i agree with you and i won't get sucked into the hype until i play the game or see some real footage but that changes do sound impressive and exactly what people wanted.

EA are the flashy type, anything they say will sound impressive and probably come with silver bells and flashing lights attached but in truth if they haven't been listening to your ideas and basing FIFA 2011 on those then i'm really not interested in what they are going to do with FIFA 2011.

It may be that i am judging them harshly but you know what the majority of the people on the official Fifa forum are like and what they have asked for. New boots please, add the champions league, make teams even better than they already are etc.

One thing that people should be hoping for regarding EA's announcement is a massive overhaul to the core structure of the AI and basically anything that you and darkchild came up with.

Last edited:
I agree it's too early to write it off. At the same time aren't people being amazingly quick to herald PES's return to the top, as if we've not heard this line 3 times before?

Should be interesting to hear the reply to this from EA.
The latest info we received from Konami is something we've been wanting and asking for. Its only natural then for us to feel good about it.

But for someone to come in and disregard all that with no back up isn't justifiable. Konami may have lied in the past but the past is the past. We should judge a game for what it is not its history.

Let us wait for the right time to judge. Even then some will say its amazingly hot and some will shit on it. Opinions. Let them be based on things concrete.

Just a little note for everyone though, Winding up will not be tolerated.

Last edited:
I find it interesting how certain people are going to get "lost" by PES that its finally making changes. End of the D-Pad and 360 passing/shooting seem to be things that "hardcore" PES fans don't want.

Surely you'd want the game to progress with new tech and improvements which are essential.

I think many of the still hardcore fear the changes to a freer and more manual game-play will take the game down the FIFA route, I can't understand how removing computer control of your players can make the game more arcade though?...

I think it's because the concensus seems to be that PES 2010 is a good basis for building a game. Where as PES 2008 and 2009 simply were not.

Either way i agree with you and i won't get sucked into the hype until i play the game or see some real footage but that changes do sound impressive and exactly what people wanted.

EA are the flashy type, anything they say will sound impressive and probably come with silver bells and flashing lights attached but in truth if they haven't been listening to your ideas and basing FIFA 2011 on those then i'm really not interested in what they are going to do with FIFA 2011.

It may be that i am judging them harshly but you know what the majority of the people on the official Fifa forum are like and what they have asked for. New boots please, add the champions league, make teams even better than they already are etc.

One thing that people should be hoping for regarding EA's announcement is a massive overhaul to the core structure of the AI and basically anything that you and darkchild came up with.

That's true but don't forget EA took some flack over the farce they made of 10 and especially how they handled the public regarding the the glitches and bugs, or rather didn't handle...:JAY:
I'd be surprised if they have not looked at a lot of the issues though I'd be equally surprised if they have fixed the core problems with AI too...

Just a little note for everyone though, Winding up will not be tolerated.

That never happens in here does it, surely not...:PIRATE:

Looks all very positive but its far to early to have any sort of logical opinion.

Looking forward to the next few months:BOP:

The skepticism is harsh but no more than Konami deserve after the last few years of shite, however something interesting to note in regards to the trailer. Many were skeptical about last year's superb initial Lionel Messi screenshot and doubted whether Konami could actually produce graphics of that quality in game (as Konami were claiming), yet lo and behold, the game's grahical fidelity was equal to the screenshot and they're considered by many to be arguably the finest graphics ever seen in a football game. It's the same thing this year with the animations.

Last edited:
If this game has finally got rid of the stupid ridiculous robotic animations and fixed response times, I will get this game instead of Fifa.I am hoping that this is an even bigger step up than what they did with 2010.after this game I hope they don't take their foot of the pedal and add stupid minor additions like they have done in the past and what Fifa has done this year,Fifa 10 could of leap froged miles ahead of pes but decided to relax and put completely fuck all into it.

Hey guys,
the second part of my column is online...
http://www.prorevo.de/blog/2010/pes-kolumne-flankenwechsel-2-mein-erster-eindruck-von-pes-2011/

Maybe most intersting for you (because you won't understand the rest of my german text):
- there are over 1000 of these new animations in PES 2011
- all animation from teaser are ingame-animations

Also the comparison of the renderings:
messi_rendering_vergleich_thumb.jpg

HD: http://s1.directupload.net/images/100505/5i37wbfz.jpg

Pes 2011 must has manual passes (long, short, through)by x button (pass button) and power bar,better ball physics and better animations...

Last edited:
Manual passes by D-pad? Doubt it, wouldn't that be very frustrating since it is limited to 8/16 directions only?

I hope they keep the button config in there though. Its been in every Konami football game except the Wii version. No idea why they didn't include it in 2010 wii.

Manual passes by D-pad? Doubt it, wouldn't that be very frustrating since it is limited to 8/16 directions only?

Sorry i mean by X button, pass button...I had in my mind the manual pass by analogue stick and i wrote d-pad..

Looks very good sofar :WORSHIP:
I always hoped for manual passing with the normal passing buttons ( not the right analog stick ) and now it's in :) This is of course closely connected with 360 degree control. I am curious if this also means that you really can send the ball in ALL directions; not only 16 or 32 directions. In other words, HOW manual is the manual passing?
PES 2010 was a step in the right direction, compared with PES 2009 but this is a giant leap forwards, compared with PES 2010, if everything they told is true.
....and it is almost too good to be true :BOP:

Last edited:
Nice promises as per usual but PES Productions have shown a vehement consistency in poor poor delivery on good ideas on current gen platforms ... This teaser and the improvements list I'm still very skeptical of but it really is a case of PES simply proving itself through demo and release phase, until then i'm not holding my breath but really do wish for an actual return to form although a lot of the improvements are competitor 'catch-ups'

They have it all to do and to prove ...

Which shows its a new engine. :DD I'd take a hit on the graphics if the gameplay is much improved.

I think the graphic engine's the same. One's a neutral expression screen capture in daylight while the other one is promotional art with an intense facial expression at night. The teaser shows the graphics will remain the same imo, if anything they've added clothing animation.

Nice promises as per usual but PES Productions have shown a vehement consistency in poor poor delivery on good ideas on current gen platforms ... This teaser and the improvements list I'm still very skeptical of but it really is a case of PES simply proving itself through demo and release phase, until then i'm not holding my breath but really do wish for an actual return to form although a lot of the improvements are competitor 'catch-ups'

They have it all to do and to prove ...

Very true.

According to the folks at WENB its a new game engine. The graphics have been upgraded from PES 2010. The new facial animations, kits, lighting and use of 3D grass are all improvements.

Messi Still runs very funky from that teaser. back postion and knee are good for skiing not football.
And what kinda shorts is he wearing??

Anyway, plenty of beta talks ahead of us...but this time around i am just gonna wait for the demo.

No need for another year of wenb crap about the superior code they played in a gameconvention in tibet.

Still i have great expectations. I had fun with pes 2010, actually i haven't had that fun since we9lek. So this year i expect nothing less than a masterpiece.

Messi Still runs very funky from that teaser. back postion and knee are good for skiing not football.
That just tells me what a nonsense you say.
Messi was one of the persons who did the motion-capture for Konami.
If one person moves like real it is Messi himself! They took it right from the motion capture. :BYE:

Only slightly related, but this has inspired me to give PES2010 a chance - is there any disadvantage to getting it for the PC? Figure with kitserver and all the patching would be mighty easy relative to X360.

Only slightly related, but this has inspired me to give PES2010 a chance - is there any disadvantage to getting it for the PC? Figure with kitserver and all the patching would be mighty easy relative to X360.

No disadvantage I guess. All advantages with all the editing etc.

That just tells me what a nonsense you say.
Messi was one of the persons who did the motion-capture for Konami.
If one person moves like real it is Messi himself! They took it right from the motion capture. :BYE:

Messi in PES2010 is the worst running animation in game when sprinting.

You can do all the mocaps in the world, but then you have to put them in game. Otherwise time wasted.

I see you are one of those wenbish people that need to defend konami all the time.

Waste of time to talk to people like you really. get lost.

This might be off topic, but I'm only asking in relation to PES. Do we know anything on planned improvements for FIFA11 already? When do they usually release info about their next game?

This might be off topic, but I'm only asking in relation to PES. Do we know anything on planned improvements for FIFA11 already? When do they usually release info about their next game?

No, we don't. They just released 2010 FIFA World Cup and won't want to steal the highlight from that for a while. FIFA11 is most likely announced shortly after the World Cup. (FIFA09 was announced just a day or two after 2008 Euro final).

Back
Top Bottom